Type keyword(s) to search

The Brady Bunch - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Jennifer Runyon was just as insufferable on Charles in Charge. It's not just a Fake Cindy thing.

(the proposed Family Affair in-character reunion was going to have a Fake Buffy but thankfully Brian Keith nixed the whole thing)

• Love 3
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Cindy is whining about wanting to go skiing with friends because she’s finally graduating college—what? Did she and Bobby put off going to college for four years? The show ended in 1974. Bobby and Cindy were about 12. That would mean that both would finish college in 10 years or so. And that would be in 1984, not 1988, when this movie aired!

Do you not remember how stupid Cindy was?  

Even so that doesn't really bother me much.  It's a lot better time-continuity wise than the Waltons, both in-show and the reunion  movies.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I can’t remember if I mentioned this the last time we discussed A Very Brady Christmas, but they really messed up regarding the continuity-Cindy is whining about wanting to go skiing with friends because she’s finally graduating college—what? Did she and Bobby put off going to college for four years? The show ended in 1974. Bobby and Cindy were about 12. That would mean that both would finish college in 10 years or so. And that would be in 1984, not 1988, when this movie aired!

If I remember from the Brady Brides, the tv movie launching the series opens with Mike and Carol just returning home after having dropped Cindy (?) off at college, and that is 1981. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

If I remember from the Brady Brides, the tv movie launching the series opens with Mike and Carol just returning home after having dropped Cindy (?) off at college, and that is 1981. 

Thank you! So, Cindy's been in college for 7 years? And Bobby six? 😆Alrighty then.

• Love 1
On 12/20/2019 at 2:42 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Welllll....Cindy was...until she saw that bright red light and froze! She couldn't remember "Baton Rouge!"😆

I meant to ask.. what is the big deal with Baton Rouge? Is it the way Marcia says it or how Cindy said it when she was practicing? 

2 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

I meant to ask.. what is the big deal with Baton Rouge? Is it the way Marcia says it or how Cindy said it when she was practicing? 

The big deal was that Cindy KNEW the answer was Baton Rouge. Yet when that question came up, she remained frozen and couldn't answer.

• Love 5

Watching the HGTV show and somehow messing up recording the last two episodes of the Brady renovation there was a pop up I thought was of interest... 

Seems Mike never said, 'Hi Honey, I'm home." So disappointed that it wasn't the case. lol

So, what does he say? Just Hi? 

Edited by Waterston Fan
  • Love 1

I don't know, but it always bothered me when Mike arrive home one day and the phone was ringing off the hook. He had this annoyed look on his face and said, "Isn't anybody going to get that?" What the hell's wrong with you, Mike? Is answering a telephone beneath the pedigree of an architect? He had no trouble answering the phone when he thought it was some guy he was trying to set up a golf game with.

I watched the one the other day about Bobby falling from a tree house and and ending up bed ridden because of a badly sprained ankle. The Bradys had a tendency to overreact to some situations, didn't they? For some reason Bobby required round the clock care when his ankle injury didn't appear to be that severe. Same thing with Cindy and her sniffles.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I watched the one the other day about Bobby falling from a tree house and and ending up bed ridden because of a badly sprained ankle. The Bradys had a tendency to overreact to some situations, didn't they? For some reason Bobby required round the clock care when his ankle injury didn't appear to be that severe.

But Bobby kept acting as if it was still sorely sprained. Let me tell you, it takes longer to recover from a sprained ankle than a clean break. Plus the whole fear that Bobby was dealing with. What are they going to do? Call Bobby a liar?

And I think this was the last time we saw Tiger. And we never did see the parakeet again after this episode.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I think this was the last time we saw Tiger. And we never did see the parakeet again after this episode.

Tiger ate the parakeet and was banished.

• LOL 3

Tiger's doghouse remained in the backyard for the duration of the series. In some episodes you can see the birdcage either in the garage or the attic.

I can understand fussing over Bobby's ankle since that doesn't happen every day. What I didn't understand was the fuss over Cindy's sniffles. Alice was going to cancel her date, and Mike and Carol almost cancelled on hard-to-get show tickets. I wasn't surprised Cindy tried to hide it at first since she probably knew the drama sniffles will cause in the adults.   Remember Carol calling a doctor for a house call just because Marcia didn't feel well on the first day of school? They didn't even feel her forehead or just letting her rest for one day before jumping to a doctor.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

What I didn't understand was the fuss over Cindy's sniffles. Alice was going to cancel her date, and Mike and Carol almost cancelled on hard-to-get show tickets. I wasn't surprised Cindy tried to hide it at first since she probably knew the drama sniffles will cause in the adults.

Ayup. That was beyond ridonkulous.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Snow Apple said:

Remember Carol calling a doctor for a house call just because Marcia didn't feel well on the first day of school? They didn't even feel her forehead or just letting her rest for one day before jumping to a doctor.

there are real people like that.  My crazy grandmother was among them.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

When who tried to get away with what?

Mike and Carol trying to get away for their vacation. Seems when that plot comes up, they keep talking about it and then they cancel their plans. Greg and Marcia are old enough to watch over the kids for a weekend in at least season 4 and 5. Alice is there all the time unless she goes with Sam. 

• Love 1

TBB fanfiction plot bunny I have: Greg falls victim to a cursed magic medallion. The curse is "when you think of sex, you shall become sex", so every time he has sexy thoughts about a girl he becomes a girl.

• LOL 2

I've been having some brain storming of a story that I've been thinking of writing. I would write the passings of Mike Brady, Alice Nelson and Carol Brady. Been brainstorming of some plots for the grandkids that I would reuse some of the plots from the original show. 

• Useful 3

The Brady Bunch: The Next Generation looking at the grandchildren (and great grandchildren) of the family sounds more creative and interesting than concentrating on fifty and sixty somethings. Go for it.

• Love 2
On 12/10/2019 at 1:14 AM, PaulBMA said:

Jennifer Runyon was just as insufferable on Charles in Charge. It's not just a Fake Cindy thing.

(the proposed Family Affair in-character reunion was going to have a Fake Buffy but thankfully Brian Keith nixed the whole thing)

Good for him, he was right, it wouldn't have worked. I have had a long standing crush on him since I was a kid. I still watch FA or anything else with him and sigh. 

Yeah. You only have to look at the Bunch to see how smart Brian was. Any FA in-character show in the eighties or nineties would require a Fake Buffy and a Fake French. With Anissa and Sebby both gone, Brian's heart was no longer in anything Family Affair he told Johnny Carson.

• Love 1

Well, Marcia wasn't Bart Simpson in that she wasn't perpetually 10 years old. She had a lot of boyfriends, but I don't think she was easy, just pretty and popular. The only guy she ever kissed on camera was Davy Jones and that was just a peck on the cheek. Even when she fantasized about marrying her dreamy dentist, they didn't kiss.

• Love 4

My cousin's daughter is Ava Maureen. Marcia just reminds me of being bullied by her types in school. like I said, she's why a lot of people don't like Harris Conner-Healy of The Conners. Nothing against either Maureen McCormick or Emma Kenney, I just hate the (usually male) writers.

On 12/9/2019 at 10:13 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I can’t remember if I mentioned this the last time we discussed A Very Brady Christmas, but they really messed up regarding the continuity-Cindy is whining about wanting to go skiing with friends because she’s finally graduating college—what? Did she and Bobby put off going to college for four years? The show ended in 1974. Bobby and Cindy were about 12. That would mean that both would finish college in 10 years or so. And that would be in 1984, not 1988, when this movie aired!

And the actress they cast to play Cindy didn’t even try to act like Cindy—in that I didn’t recognize Cindy. She didn’t act or talk or sound like Cindy. And no one “TOLD” her to come home.😒🙄🙄🙄

On 12/10/2019 at 2:14 AM, PaulBMA said:

I just remember all the guys in my school talking about how hot Cindy had grown up to be.

Well. I was wrong. "The Impractical Joker" was Tiger's last appearance. I think. That's the one where Jan is playing all kinds of jokes and swiped Greg's science project mouse, Myron.

One thing has always bugged me about "Little Drummer Boy" episode. Well, a couple of things. But the major one was how Peter's teammates thought he was a wussie because he sang in the Glee club. Or that any "guy" who sang, wasn't a REAL GUY. Yeah? What about all the rock bands that were around then? I'm sure that not all their fans were screaming tweens and teens. It's so STUPID.

Then there's the fact that the show was saying how tone deaf Bobby was and how he couldn't carry a tune. But then we have him as part of the gang in "Dough Re Mi" with the "When it's Time to Change" song. Yeah, yeah. You can't hear him. Then again in the next season for "Amateur Nite" when he has a sort of solo in "Sunshine Day."

And clearly, I'm overthinking this.

• Love 4
On 1/25/2020 at 11:38 AM, smittykins said:

Maybe the songs performed by the Glee Club were considered uncool?
Other than that, I got nothin’.

"You take the high road and I'll take the low and I'll be in Scotland before ye."

What's uncool about that?

• Love 3

I loved Marcia's clothes in the fourth season. The emerald dress she wears when she has the Boosters over is so pretty as is the powder blue outfit she wears on the (aborted) first day of school and to the Dreamy Dentist's office. She was probably the best dressed of all the kids.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

I loved Marcia's clothes in the fourth season. The emerald dress she wears when she has the Boosters over is so pretty as is the powder blue outfit she wears on the (aborted) first day of school and to the Dreamy Dentist's office. She was probably the best dressed of all the kids.

Why does Marcia get all the pretty clothes?

Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

I actually thought Jan was quite pretty in the later years but Marcia did have the best wardrobe. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Why does Marcia get all the pretty clothes?

Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

I actually thought Jan was quite pretty in the later years but Marcia did have the best wardrobe. 

On that reunion thing with Jenny McCarthy, Maureen said she thought Eve had better clothes. Eve disagreed.  They all agreed all their clothes pretty much sucked.

• Like 1

I suddenly remembered the doll commercials a teenage Susan did in the 80's. 

All this time I thought it was for a Cindy Brady doll, but YouTube video tell me the doll's name is Sindy and had nothing to do with her character on the show.

• Like 1