Type keyword(s) to search

Kira: Miracle Baby

Kira was kind of an accessory at the beginning of S1 but now that we know the clones aren't supposed to be able to reproduce AND that Kira has crazy healing abilities, I'm so interested in learning more about her.

Heh and I loved that she instantly knew Alison was pretending to be Sarah. Kids know, man!

Are we taking bets yet on "Who is Kira's Dad"? Sign me up for $5 (Canadian) on Parthenogenesis.

That's what I'm thinking. I just theorized on the last episode thread that Cosima's lack of heterosexual experience will become an important point if she gets pregnant after using the differences of Sarah's DNA to cure herself.

And thank you Snarkette for the SAT word to describe it. That's what I like about these and the TWoP boards: There are people who know about and share things I wouldn't otherwise encounter.

And, well, so much for that theory. 

Not necessarily... it could just be a red herring.  Just because he was around during the time Sarah got pregnant doesn't mean he's Kira's father.

(edited)

Not necessarily... it could just be a red herring.  Just because he was around during the time Sarah got pregnant doesn't mean he's Kira's father.

I hope not.  That would be a long way to go for minimal payoff and terrible to do to Kira, give her a father only to invalidate him.  In any case, I was struck by the fact that Michiel Huisman actually looks like the little girl who plays Kira.  They even have very similar hair.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 2

It's a bit of a miracle that I don't hate the actress.  Cute kids on television drive me nuts.  And I'm getting a bit tired of the Kira/Sarah reunions.  I kind of wish Kira would become a bit more like Arya on Game of Thrones--cynical, a bit deadened by all the violence, tougher (she should never have let that henchman grab her).  

Okay, maybe not too dark.  The show isn't that dark, but she bugs.  And I hate that Alison's poor kids are after thoughts.  Don't they think their mother is a bit weird?  And their father?  

At this point Alison's kids are better off as an afterthought. Both their parents are now murderers. LOL I surprisingly like Kira. She's not overly cutesy and seems to have a pretty good head on her shoulders.

I wonder what it is that gives her these special powers though, like the healing and the seemingly psychic thing. Sarah was taken out of the Program the moment she was born so did They do something to the little clone embryos? Because it can't be something they did to the clones during observations, since no one was observing Sarah.

• Love 1
(edited)

Both good points !  I like the actress, too -- she is playing her character straight ahead, not cutesy, not brooding, not anything but  somehow tuned in.

As for how she has characteristics not exhibited by Sarah or Cal, I can only guess very fortuitous spontaneous mutation, or very fortuitous inherited double recessive gene(s).

Edited by ShaggyDog

At this point Alison's kids are better off as an afterthought. Both their parents are now murderers. LOL

Hey, now, those were manslaughter.

I do like Kira. She's *special* but the show hasn't overdone it with her. They've kept her from being overly cute and over exposed as a character.