Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: The Gloves Are On

Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer find themselves back in familiar territory with the Rosewood P.D. knocking at their doors looking for answers and their actions now affecting the loved ones around them. With her mother's job on the line, Hanna tries to come up with an alibi that could save all four of them with the help of her old high school friend, Lucas. Meanwhile, Emily comes clean about the last five years, and Aria goes the extra mile to keep Ezra's second book in play with her boss.

Promo:

Clip:

What the hell is Hanna wearing? At first I thought it was a robe she threw over pajamas but then why would Ezra tell her to leave her own place?

I really don't like when she does the yelling/snapping thing at 0:13.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 1

I wish there was more to it than Hanna getting beaten with the Toby self righteous stick. She woke up first. She wasn't that drunk, either. If she saw Aria sneak out maybe she had the chance to do the same. It wouldn't be hard to get in and erase footage before her friends saw it. Her mom runs the joint. Maybe that's why she is so anxious for Ezra to own up for what he did. But they won't go there. Hanna just acts like she's better than them cause her boyfriend is rich.

It makes me laugh watching Ezra just to act tough and screaming at the girls to leave because God forbid he should want to help clear Aria from any suspicion of the murder.  I like that Hanna's getting fed up--just answer the question like the grown man you allegedly are.  They have all been through way too much crap with A to be trying to act mysterious.

I am not looking forward to any drama with Spencer and Hanna over Caleb.  Yes, Caleb is a great guy, but the girls' friendship has always been stronger then any romantic relationship they've had.  Do not want that too change.

• Love 2
I like that Hanna's getting fed up--just answer the question like the grown man you allegedly are.

If Hanna is in fact yelling at Ezra I rescind my comment.

I am not looking forward to any drama with Spencer and Hanna over Caleb.  Yes, Caleb is a great guy, but the girls' friendship has always been stronger then any romantic relationship they've had.  Do not want that too change.

I don't see why this should cause any major change in their friendship even not taking in account these girls are hardly in each other's lives anymore. Hanna and Caleb ended things ages ago. Spencer and Caleb's time in Madrid alone is at least three years old and Hanna is engaged to someone else. Yes, she doesn't have to like it but if there are real feelings between Caleb and Spencer than, imo, they have every right to act on them and she needs to stay on her lane.

To be fair with Hanna, I fully expect her to be a class act on this. She seems to be enjoying acting like a rich thirty-five year old so it's her time to shine. Don't disappoint me, girl!

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 3

Oh, would you look at that! Hanna deleting the hotel security footage is coming back to bite the liars in the ass and making them all look like murderers! Shocking! I love these girls but they really do bring a lot of these problems on themselves. 

• Love 5

With a title like "The Gloves Are On" I assume this episode will deal with what exactly happened to Sara Harva;dslfkjhtwyh;lkgng.  Sorry, I fell asleep and my head hit the keyboard.  I so don't care about that character.

• Love 7

With a title like "The Gloves Are On" I assume this episode will deal with what exactly happened to Sara Harva;dslfkjhtwyh;lkgng.  Sorry, I fell asleep and my head hit the keyboard.  I so don't care about that character.

I figured it meant "A's back, bitches" because of 6 years of A tags. But you could be right. I forgot Sara existed already. I forget she exists whenever she's not directly on my screen, for the most part.

Should we assume that whatever her hand deal is will end up getting fixed, then messed up again, then fixed again, then messed up again, like 294856n2347eiurgjd times in an endless cycle, as she is apparently (in her wildest dreams) the new Jenna?

• Love 1

If Hanna is in fact yelling at Ezra I rescind my comment.

I don't see why this should cause any major change in their friendship even not taking in account these girls are hardly in each other's lives anymore. Hanna and Caleb ended things ages ago. Spencer and Caleb's time in Madrid alone is at least three years old and Hanna is engaged to someone else. Yes, she doesn't have to like it but if there are real feelings between Caleb and Spencer than, imo, they have every right to act on them and she needs to stay on her lane.

To be fair with Hanna, I fully expect her to be a class act on this. She seems to be enjoying acting like a rich thirty-five year old so it's her time to shine. Don't disappoint me, girl!

this. And anyone yelling at Ezra is good in my book :) But yeah, this could be so deceiving, who knows?

I'm almost certain the stupidity of this show violates some type of FCC law.

So instead letting the police see the video, which would prove that neither Hanna, Emily nor Spencer left, and then Aria telling the police that she left in a cab as Sarah was walking into the church, Hanna now has everyone from herself, down to her mother, under suspicion for murder. Slow clap, girl. Oh, and she also decided to drag Lucas into this, as well.

I have to FF through Ezria, I mean, seriously. Although I did watch long enough for Ezra to ask what kind of person Aria thinks he is and well, he's a pedophile who stalked the minor he was sleeping with, so...

And that's the big secret about Sarah? She tried to kill them, Emily punched her, and she shocked herself when she got up? Although considering it's Emily, I'm sure she'll receive the death penalty for it. Or the egg she's donating will result in a miscarriage for the couple and they'll come after her for it and that will be season 7's mystery, because...Emily.

• Love 12

In the first Spencer/Melissa scene, I didn't catch much after Melissa remarked about how Spencer likes to shop out of other people's carts, I was laughing too hard. But I guess it's more that Spencer likes to shop out of Melissa's cart because she did give Hanna a head's up before making a move on Caleb. Good for her.

And boy howdy, Spencer and Caleb were hot.

• Love 2

An egg donor? Seriously? This show. Why, why can't I quit you...

Oh, right, Spencer and Caleb. OMGHOT!!!!!!

And yay to seeing Melissa again. I miss you you crazy girl! Boo to seeing so much Shower Harvey. So, let me get this straight, you are blaming the girls for not saving you when you got zapped trying to get up from a punch Emily gave you because you were trying to blow them the fuck up? Is that right? That can't be right. And they have the nerve to feel guilty about not helping their attempted murderer? Oh, this show! (spencer/Caleb...Spencer/Caleb...okay, I'm better now,)

Nice to see Lucas again, Wonder if he will be Hanna's guy to justify the Spencer/Caleb hookup. Cause no way this rando Jordan guy is gonna stick.

• Love 6

When Emily was confronting Shower Harvey at the bar, I really wanted her to just rab the back of Sara's head and slam it into the bar.  Repeatedly.

Otherwise blah episode.  Em selling her eggs, Aria ghost writing Ezra's next book, blah.

Shirtless Liam was... shirtless.  But not that great.

• Love 5

I kind of hate myself for continuing to watch this show. What a snoozefest.

And what have they done to Hanna? She use to be my favorite character (along with Spencer) and now I kind of hate her. They also really need a new makeup person. Hanna's fake eyelashes were making me itch. I can't believe she wiped the tape either. Remember the gun you buried, Hanna? How well did that work out for you?

It's mindboggling how easily they forget what Ezra did when he was fakeA. Aria telling him what a good person he is, it makes me feel crazy, like I haven't been watching all along and imagined all the creepy things he's done.

The fashions are disappointing this season so far. Although I really liked Em's long dress and shoes/boots. What a great outfit. Hanna, on the other hand, as someone above mentioned, looked like she was wearing a bathrobe. Ashley also seems to be just going through the motions, like she doesn't want to be there and just needs the paycheck. I miss the old Hanna.

I never liked Spencer's sister so I wasn't excited to see her. I loathe Shower Harvey and hope she gets killed next.

This season so far is incredibly boring. I don't care who killed Charlotte, what a lame plotline. The whole cast seems tired.

So why do I keep watching? I've stuck with it this far so I know I'm in until the end but I just wish there'd be some entertainment along the way. Bearing that, better clothing.

Edited by kat165
  • Love 2

Whoa Spencer and Caleb. It would bother me more that the show went there, but they were pretty hot and Hanna has sucked for me since the timejump.Why was she running around in a robe.

Lucas! Melissa!

• Love 2

I get that they need exposition, but I find it impossible to believe that Hanna and Lucas wouldn't be Website Page friends and already know all that stuff about each other. For some reason that really bugged me.

Also when did Hanna start to suck? I used to love her. I never would have thought Aria would be my favorite, but Hanna and Spencer are so awful this season that I have been driven to love her.

Emily is donating eggs. I don't believe this is going to be handled by the show well at all. I'm sure this will somehow end up being awful for Emily because she can never suffer enough for these writers.

Spencer and Caleb? That may be the straw that finally releases me from watching this dreck week after week.

• Love 3

Well, yeah, I agree that Hanna has turned into a bunch of suck since the time jump. Also, why was she wearing a robe? Was that supposed to be a new edgy fashion type dress? In the words of Tim Gunn, that did not work and was very concerning. None of the liars are really working for me actually post time jump and I don't know..I'm meh on Spencer and Caleb- Spleb?, whatever- I'm just indifferent towards all the relationships. 

I don't know, I'm not feeling this show, time jump wise. This seems like an unpopular opinion. Everything is just kind of.. there. I'm like indifferent to everything and the plots. I did like seeing Melissa and Lucas there. Also, there's a small part of me- very very small-that has since season one always held out hope for a Hanna/Lucas thing. Maybe that's coming. I don't know why but I've always still had a small hope for these two. It might date back to how season 1 Lucas reminded me of The OC days of Seth Cohen. 

• Love 6

Ok so the payout goes to whoever placed money on Emily selling her eggs.  Shame I really thought I had a chance with Emily having her dad's heart condition.

Also why does Sara blame the Lairs for what happened to her?  Forgot the fact she was trying to set off a bomb and kill four people and that she helped torture the girls for weeks.  Seriously what could the Lairs have done to prevent Sara from being electrocuted?  From what I saw, the girl stood up and grabbed the inside of a fuse box.  Unless one of the girls is the Flash, Sara was screwed.  Are the writers trying to imply that the Lairs left Sara to save Charlotte?  I guess that makes some sense (again forgetting that both characters are psychopaths), but from what I understand, if you get electrocuted, most of the permanent damage happens right away.  The only thing the Lairs could have done was stand around and wait for EMTs to arrive.  If the writers want the Lairs to feel bad about what happened, shouldn't the Liars, oh I don't know, have had some control over what happened?

• Love 5

Hanna getting together with Lucas would have all sorts of unfortunate implications.  "I thought of you as a friend, almost like a pet during highschool.  Now that you're a success and have lots of money I'm there baby."  Ugh.  Nerdy kid in highschool makes it big is such a cliche already, they really don't need to add making Hanna a golddigger on top of it.

Speaking (errr, typing) of Lucas, Hanna said, "Aren't you in Chicago?"  He replied "Seattle, but I sold that company and now I make apps".  Are we supposed to believe that he started his own company, sold it, and started a new venture in 5 years?   If dweeby Lucas can become filthy rich in 5 years, Mona should have conquered a small country in the same amount of time.

• Love 7

Why did Hanna think Lucas lived with his parents if she had seen him in a jaguar? (It's totally not his and he's working for A, I bet.)

I didn't like Hanna last two episodes but stupidity about the security footage aside, at least she's being a real friend again. That was the Hanna I missed. I think it was meant to be a short kimono rather than a bath robe.

• Love 1

Would the writers on this show please stop referring to the "security tapes" -- it's all digital now, there's no tapes.  And "now" is at least 2015 in showtime (if not 2017). Unless they are re-using the leftover video surveillance system from when it was still a mental institution, there are no tapes anymore.

Again, with the burnt hands on Shower Harvey.  The burnt hands that NEVER happened during episode 610. That retcon flashback scene makes it look like she intentionally grabbed the live wires. In fact, it didn't even look like Sarah Harvey grabbing the wires (which would explain why they blurred her face). At no time were the PLLs freaked out by the electrocution of Sarah, they all ran straight upstairs and yelled at Charles from the roof.  Are they implying that the PLLs just left poor electrocuted Sarah lying on the floor next to the live power connection ?  Do she get up and grab it again, and she blames it on the PLLs for negligent indifference ? 

To paraphrase Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons: Worst. Retcon. Ever.

It can't be said enough -- what the hell was Hannah wearing ?  Did she just keep the robe from the hotel spa ?

I think Hanna will return to her old self. She was my least favorite at the start of the first season too, but then she grew into lovable Hanna. 

Spencer and Caleb is hot. But I'm still only in it for a fling. (especially because it has Hanna's blessing..and not Toby's which is even better.) Hanna still clearly has feelings too. 

I don't know why on earth the girls feel guilty about Shower. And was I the only one thinking that I wish it had been Shower that was killed this season? I mean, we'd still have Vanessa Ray's acting. 

• Love 2

This episode was super boring. Like hard to watch boring. It felt like it went on for hours, but then again it was heavy on the Ezria.

Two big reveals this episode and neither one manages to be even remotely interesting. So Emily’s an egg donor… predictable. But glad she's not dying. And Sara burned her hands on the bomb she set and for some inexplicable reason Emily feels guilty about it? Who cares.

Ezra likes small women? Is it because they remind him of children? 

Glad Melissa is back and still pretty sketchy. And I see she still hasn’t gotten over that time her creep of a finance made a move on her underage sister.

Poor Lucas. All too eager to let Hanna use him and turn him into a criminal. Hanna’s hardcore. She looked directly in her mother’s face and lied without hesitation. Tell us again how you’re not in high school anymore, Hanna. I’m not sure what’s going on with Hanna this season but she’s kind of unlikeable.

Hanna’s weird kimono dress and Aria’s sparkly purple shirt were probably the most interesting things about this episode and not in a good way.

I don’t even care anymore. I’m here for Spencer and Caleb. They have great chemistry... even their hands have chemistry. 

No Alison but plenty of Sara Harvey? No thank you. 

• Love 5

It took me way too long to figure out that Hanna was wearing some sort of dress thing and not a super short bathrobe. I could not figure out why she was running around Rosewood in her pajamas. Every time Hanna started ranting about how much trouble her mom was in, I just kept yelling at the TV "Because YOU erased the footage!" No sympathy here. Hanna got everyone into this mess. 

I was excited to see Lucas back. I always loved his friendship with Hanna, even though he was hella sketchy at times. 

Not looking forward to the drama when Ezra finds out Aria was continuing his book. 

Totally called that Emily was an egg donor. I liked that she framed it more as something she was proud of doing, rather than something she thought she was forced into doing. 

Shower Harvey needs to go away. The actress cannot handle the lines they're giving her. If it were in the hands of someone like Tammin Sursok, it would be campy and threatening. Shower just is too wooden. Agree that was a terrible retcon of that night. It's not like Emily shoved her down and then shoved the live wires into her hand. It was an accident. And oh yeah, didn't Sara try to blow them up? Once again, no sympathy.

I am all aboard the Spaleb train right now. I've always thought they had good chemistry, but that closing scene was hella hot. Hanna needs to get her shit together before I think she would deserve Caleb again anyway. I'm positive Haleb will end up together, but I'm hoping Spoby will die. Spencer deserves so much better than Toby.

• Love 2

WTF Hanna, she erases the tape without thinking of the consequences. How could she not realize that her mother was going to come under suspicion? Then she gets Lucas to lie about her alibi. She used to be surprisingly smart, now she's a moron who doesn't learn & wears really bad makeup.

Of course Emily is donating her eggs. she doesn’t need them, she’s a lesbian! I can’t believe that’s what they came up with.

We're back to the same old Ezria show, it's boring, I don't care, end it already.

So that was the new A at the end? Only it's some kind of devil? Or are we supposed to assume that it's Ali?

• Love 2

Oh I almost forgot, my favorite part of the episode was learning that Emily bought a graduation gown from a costume shop and staged fake graduation photos. That’s some serious commitment. There's regular lying, and then there's 'staging graduation photos to trick your mom into thinking you have a college degree' lying.

The girls like to act like they wouldn't have to lie if it wasn't for A or Charlotte or Alison, but Hanna, Aria and Emily are all doing some heavy duty lying on their own and they have no one to blame but themselves.

So that was the new A at the end? Only it's some kind of devil? 

A is an emoji now apparently. #fiveyearsforward

What was up with Hanna eating frozen orange juice straight from the can with a spoon? 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 3
Oh I almost forgot, my favorite part of the episode was learning that Emily bought a graduation gown from a costume shop and staged fake graduation photos. That’s some serious commitment. There's regular lying, and then there's 'staging graduation photos to trick your mom into thinking you have a college degree' lying.

Hee. There really is. I wonder if Emily made a fake diploma as well and sent it to her mom? Also, this means that Pam didn't fly out to see Emily's college graduation? I would think Pam Fields would never miss that. 

• Love 9

So Emily has to be right and the book is about Aria, which is probably attributing to Ezra's guilt over the dead girlfriend because it's always been Aria for him. There's no way Aria's finishing a book that's not about her.

I loved Melissa's " likes to shop out of other people's carts" line. So true and Spencer proved it by the end of the episode. Hannah's fake blessing or not, Spencer should have known better and thought more of her best friend. Spencer really has no boundaries, her sister, best friend, she doesn't care.

If Emily dropped out so long ago, why are they still sending her mail?

• Love 5

None of the lairs are really making me happy, post time-jump. I mean, don't get me wrong, and all feelings about older guys hitting on teenage girls  and how I feel that is wrong aside Spencer hooking up with Melissa's past boyfriends not great but we know their sister-bond was pretty much non-existent and they spent most of their time hating each other throughout the series, but making the move on Caleb? And I agree even with Hanna's okay to do so, not a good move and I feel like Spencer's friendships with the girls means more than anything with Melissa and yeah, she went there.

The other girls aren't faring much better post time- jump. Emily is an even bigger lying liar who has lied about the past four years of her life. To everyone. Creating fake graduations with costumes and fake care packages to fake dorm rooms. Aria is still just a giant ball of terribleness but that might just be because that's Aria. And for some reason they've reduced to Hanna to a person who runs around in a satin robe and calls it a dress and that's literally the only thing she did this episode.  Oh and Alison is still doing Alison like things, like running around, possibly being a sociopath, who can ever tell with that girl and still pretending the liars are her friends. It's the status quo with this show. So, five years later and the liars are still the same 15 year olds we met back in season 1. 

• Love 2

I'm not sure I agree with the idea that Spencer is betraying Hanna by hooking up with Caleb. (Grain of salt; I'm also the guy who lived across the hall from his best friend and ex-girlfriend in college.) One has to consider that there's a statute of limitations on the bro code. It's years after Caleb and Hanna dated, and Hanna is engaged--this is the biggie. Imagine that you're Jordan...well, no, it's hard to imagine the state of being cardboard, so imagine that you're in the same situation as Jordan. How would you feel if your fiancee was sore over her ex-boyfriend from years prior getting into a relationship with one of her friends? A friend, I might add, who is absolutely much better suited to said ex? To me, that would mean she was still into him, and that's a sucky place to be when you're about to go the distance. At some point, you have to let go of the past.

In a sense, it seems more like this is about where the viewers are than where the characters are or should be. I mean, for Caleb and Hanna, it's been years. The Liars aren't all that tight anymore. Hanna's found another guy, started a new relationship, and gotten to the point where she's getting married. She said it herself. (And actually, side note: I was rather impressed with Hanna being so astute regarding Spencer and to a lesser degree Emily, which is why the stupid plot stupidity is so stupid.) If anyone's in poor form here, it's Hanna if she's still hanging on to Caleb when she accepted Jordan's proposal. Probably the only person in the original foursome who has room to pout is Toby, since technically Caleb's the one in violation of the code w.r.t. him. 

Also, Spaleb is love.

Other thoughts about this car crash: Hanna's indignant attitude throughout the episode was humorous given her actions, but perhaps the best moment for me was seeing the "horrible truth" about Sara Harvey's robo-claws. Are you kidding me? What on earth was that? Was that HEAVILY RETCONNED scene supposed to be hilarious? Because it was. I had to watch it more than once. Also, is Dre Davis using something closer to her natural voice now? She sounded a little weird (and looked a little weird, which is odd since I find the actress adorable) in the scene where she threatened to take off her gloves. Also, how do you retcon a scene you filmed like two weeks prior to filming this? 

Bizarrely, I found Ezra understandable in this episode. The four worst amateur detectives in Rosewood burst into your house and start accusing you of murder with zero context. What do you do? "Demand that they leave" seems kind of soft-pedaled, though I think we were supposed to see him as having a "dark side" because he raised his voice. To which I say, oh please. If Anakin Showerwalker can't even sell that, are we really going to buy it with Ezra?

Oh well. At least we have another "who is A" mystery to keep us going. Because that well hasn't run dry yet. I hope they don't decide to give us clues and try to make us think that we should figure out who it is.

• Love 8

I am all aboard the Spaleb train right now. I've always thought they had good chemistry, but that closing scene was hella hot. Hanna needs to get her shit together before I think she would deserve Caleb again anyway. I'm positive Haleb will end up together, but I'm hoping Spoby will die. Spencer deserves so much better than Toby.

I sincerely hope that Haleb is not the end game at this point.  Spencer and Caleb are hot together and, really, they always had chemistry. But I was leery of them getting together because the best thing this show had going for it was that none of the girls ever had boy drama between them.  Spencer got Hannah's blessing which helps, and Hannah and Caleb have clearly been apart for a while, long enough for her to get engaged to someone else.  Plus, it appears Spencer and Caleb have developed a significant relationship unrelated to the mutual relationships with Hannah.  All of that makes Spencer with Caleb acceptable to me, but not if there are serious lingering feelings between Hannah and Caleb, which the show seems to be playing with; but could still be interpreted as more nostalgia/the weirdness that is always there with someone you once loved.  

However, if Caleb and Hannah end up swinging back in each other's romantic orbits, it undoes all of that from tip to tail. 

In other news, OMG, nobody cares what happened to fucking Showers. Hell, other than a vague recollection that she was somehow involved with screwing with the girls in the finale, I couldn't even remember what she did or what happened to her that was actually shown last season (as opposed to tonight's retcon). And more to the point, I didn't care then and, to the extent that it is possible, care less now.

As for Aria, she loses IQ points anytime Ezzzzzzzra is in her orbit... nothing new there.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 5

Ezra likes small women? Is it because they remind him of children? 

I got a huge laugh out this line too - I've got to believe that was the showrunners and writers trolling us. But it's obvious they are either trying for an Ezria end-game or a "one last hurrah" for them. Like making these dumb meta-jokes about his creepiness make the relationship worth it. Nope, still gross.

I think it was meant to be a short kimono rather than a bath robe.

It can't be said enough -- what the hell was Hannah wearing ?  Did she just keep the robe from the hotel spa ?

It took me way too long to figure out that Hanna was wearing some sort of dress thing and not a super short bathrobe. I could not figure out why she was running around Rosewood in her pajamas.

Not looking forward to the drama when Ezra finds out Aria was continuing his book. 

The kimono was really awkward. LOOK HOW FASHION-FORWARD HANNA THE FASHIONISTA IS! Although it is interesting we are getting clues she's not all that happy with her job. Can't say I blame her. Didn't she go to college? Why is she running all these shitty errands. She needs a new job.

As for the fireworks when Ezra finds out about the book. That fight is so ending with them hooking up.

...but making the move on Caleb? And I agree even with Hanna's okay to do so, not a good move and I feel like Spencer's friendships with the girls means more than anything with Melissa and yeah, she went there.

Especially with the writers reminding us of Spencer's habit of going after the men who are attached to the other women in her life, it really put Spaleb in an odd context.  Because THIS time it's supposed to be different? Right.

Of all of them, Spencer is the one who deserved a great NEW guy who has no connections to any one she knows. The character deserves better. 

Edited by paperdoll
  • Love 4

I wanted to like Spencer and Caleb, but that hand thing was so over the top it took me totally out of caring for them. And when did Caleb be reduced to being a normal boytoy????? Does this mean he goes evil next?

Could care  less about Emily.....though her and Hannah's scene was nice. Why is Sara Stalker only targeting Emily? And why is Hannah's mom can refuse service to Fitz, can't she refuse to let Shower chick into the hotel's sauna, where she KNOWS her daughter is going to be? Please be the next victim!!!!

Am I the only one that picked up the  thread of Ali not being in contact and the sudden messages and think that the writers are setting up the girls to think it is Ali? What point does she have if she isn't involved?

I can't help but Like Aria..... but please stay with your cute geek and drop the damaged loser you seem to think you need to save. There are dogs at the pound more less needy....

• Love 1

One has to consider that there's a statute of limitations on the bro code. It's years after Caleb and Hanna dated, and Hanna is engaged--this is the biggie

Spencer knows that other people are questioning Hannah about her Caleb feelings, Spencer knows how much they loved each other. It's like Spencer didn't really think or care about Hannah's feelings, once Hannah gave the obviously not all gung ho ok Spencer ran straight to Caleb. 

This is the same conversation they had about Aria/Ezra, she's got a boyfriend too but they all think Aria's feelings are still there. 

• Love 2

But then why is Hanna engaged? I get that it's not a lightswitch, that you can't just turn off feelings, but then that's why you don't say yes. I don't care how big the diamond is, if she's not on board with one-and-done then she should decline. If Hanna is pining for Caleb while intending marriage with Jordan, then Hanna is easily at the worst she's ever been in this show. In S1 I thought she was vapid and selfish, but outside of wrecking a guy's car because she didn't care about his religious convictions she never seemed like she wanted to hurt anyone, or to do things that would directly hurt people she cared about. This would be hurtful, and it would be clearly hurtful, and if she doesn't care about hurting the man she's planning to marry, then why should Spencer care about hurting a friend she was close with years ago?

As far as Spencer knows or should expect, Hanna's past is the past. Yes, obviously it feels weird which is why she said something and didn't go there, but really it's just a crappy thing to put Spencer, Caleb and Jordan through if that's where her head is at. I'm ignoring the fact that she kinda-sorta manipulated a guy into lying to the police because no one cares about Lucas, but I'm not liking the full picture being painted of Hanna here.

• Love 3

I don’t even care anymore. I’m here for Spencer and Caleb. They have great chemistry... even their hands have chemistry. 

This. I actually thought that the hand-holding was one of the hottest scenes I've seen on tv in years. Wonderful cover of Ring of Fire too (I've always thought that however did the music on this show deserved a medal). But I'm only here as long as they don't screw it up, meaning...

...no taking backsies. Hanna and Caleb cannot end up together now; that sort of boyfriend swapping back and forth made me quit Vampire Diaries and I won't hesitate doing the same thing here. Also YES to no Spencer/Toby ever, ever, ever again. I've hated them for years!

• Love 3

Spencer seeking Hanna's okay about Caleb made me wonder. Does this mean that Spencer has grown up and no longer shops out of other people's carts? Or is it that Hanna gets special privilege as a BFF and if present-day Melissa had a boyfriend Spencer wanted, she'd just do like before?

Spencer seeking Hanna's okay about Caleb made me wonder. Does this mean that Spencer has grown up and no longer shops out of other people's carts? Or is it that Hanna gets special privilege as a BFF and if present-day Melissa had a boyfriend Spencer wanted, she'd just do like before?

... Before, when Melissa's boyfriends/fiances would make the first move on an underage Spencer who, at 15/16, was far too young and impressionable to be held responsible? I'll blame Spencer for a lot of the shit she does, but reactions to the Wren and Ian situations are classic examples of slut shaming and victim blaming. Not that adult males are ever held accountable for literally anything they do in this town, since Ezra is apparently fine to walk around despite it being public knowledge that he dated a 14 year old in college and was sexually active with his teenage student for years. So sure. Let's blame Spencer.  

• Love 8
(edited)

Oh, for fuck's sake. THAT is the big Shower Thing? Give me a break. There's no reason why any of them should feel guilty about what happened. Oh, so sorry that you got shocked after Emily stopped you from trying to blow everyone up. It reminds me of when some stalker climbed over Madonna's fence and her security guard shot him and then the stalker had the gall to sue. Sorry, but if you are injured as a result of trying to hurt someone, I have very little sympathy for you. And in Shower's case, it's not like Emily forced Sara to put her hands there. Boo hoo. But maybe her injury was worth it because Emily's remark about how you can't kick someone out for eating fried chicken with gloves was hilarious!

How are they making Hanna so smart and so dumb at the same time? She very quickly understood that Spencer liked Caleb (and not only gave her blessing but encouraged Spencer!) and coaxed the truth out of Emily, but she thought that erasing the security footage and asking Lucas to be their alibi were good ideas? I was surprised that she didn't say anything to Spencer or Emily about seeing Aria with Ezra at Radley. I guess the theme this week was Hanna Sees Everything.

I have been waiting for Aria to wear something crazy, but instead I got Hanna running around Rosewood in a bathrobe. Second place goes to Aria's sparkly bedazzled purple shirt with shoulder pads and huge pockets on the chest. It was so ugly that I paused the episode to laugh at it. There was absolutely NOTHING about that shirt that wasn't hilarious.

I'm not sure if I should pat myself on the back or shake my head at the writers because I totally called Emily donating her eggs AND Aria secretly writing Ezra's book.

I would like to add Hanna eating frozen orange juice straight out of the can to the Round Table of Rosewood (previous occupants: Ian drinking milk, Melissa with her peanut butter froyo, and Ezra staring at a can of chickpeas). But then I feel bad for adding her because those other three are creepy assholes and Hanna is not.

Speaking of sketchy: Lucas just happens to be in town? He never said why he was there or what he was actually doing the night that Charlotte was killed. I was totally cracking up when he said that he has a place in Palo Alto, a place in Hong Kong, and...a place above the Grille. The way he turned away from Hanna when she was talking about that immediately made me suspicious of him.

I always loved Hanna and Caleb together so in theory, I don't want to see him with Spencer. But Caleb is as awesome as ever so I can't hate on him for being awesome with Spencer too.

Man, when Emily commits to a lie, she REALLY commits. But I have a difficult time believing that her mom would have missed Emily's college graduation. You know that she would have flown out there for a week and taken Emily shopping, out to eat, and spoiled her only child the whole time. I can't think of anything that Emily could have said to dissuade her from that. But I laughed when her mom asked if Emily rented a costume for her graduation photo. First of all, if you ACTUALLY graduate, you are given the option to rent your gown, which is what most people do as undergrads. Secondly, when you take graduation pictures, they're usually taken months in advance at a studio with a generic cap and gown. So either way, it's not like Emily renting a cap and gown is that much more effort than what she would have done if she had actually graduated.

When Hanna told Emily that whoever is getting her eggs is lucky, I was momentarily terrified that Shower will be incubating Emily's eggs.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3