Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Taking Kathyrn out of the whole thing, what Faye Resnick did WAS morally repugnant and I don't care that it was 20 some years ago that it happened, whether she was on crack or not.  A woman was brutally murdered, supposedly a best friend of hers, and she writes a book detailing affairs that she had and therefore adding to the battlecry used by OJ supporters as though Nicole Brown Simpson deserved her fate.  

Yes, I'm sure Faye doesn't want to rehash this whole mess.  But she's can't change the history of dragging her dead best friend through the mud post-mortem.

On Kathryn and OJ, I didn't know about that interesting piece of history. Of course, she's no prize either.  She seems to be nothing more than an elevated groupie who was able to get the athletes to marry her because she was a "model."  I'm sure she did turn a blind eye to Marcus Allen's affairs.  Most of the wives tend to do that because they love being the wife of a star athlete.  

I agree.  Faye does owe Kathryn an apology. She can't bag out now. She wrote shit in a book about Kathryn and her marriage that she had no business writing - whether Kris Kraphead said it or not. 

And back then there was a lot of negativity "whispers" about Nicole - a white woman marrying a black guy - which wasn't that common-, doing drugs, perhaps sleeping with Ron Goldman, sleeping with Faye and other men. The tabloids tried painted Nicole as a floozy druggy.   There was an attempt to sully Nicole in the jury's eyes. Faye's book didn't help - people victim blame all the time and Nicole was no exception.  It was a long time ago and DV was (and still is sometimes) looked upon as "well she probably deserved it."

Would it really have killed Faye to have said something like, "It's a time in my life where I look back and realize what I did hurt some people and apologize to you Kathryn for writing about you in the book."  Not some generic blanket apology to anyone I may have hurt.  She's a piece of shit.

• Love 15

I agree that Faye didn't think Nicole deserved her fate.  Even she's not that big of a monster.  Or I hope she's not.

However, what she wrote about Nicole added fuel to what the OJ supporters were saying about Nicole.  And what Faye wrote DID NOT need to be said.  Ever. But especially when her friend had been slaughtered recently and the trial was about to begin.

• Love 9

Would it really have killed Faye to have said something like, "It's a time in my life where I look back and realize what I did hurt some people and apologize to you Kathryn for writing about you in the book."  Not some generic blanket apology to anyone I may have hurt.  She's a piece of shit.

Exactly.  But instead she sat there like the smug piece of shit that she is.  You know me, jinjer, I'm all about the HWs remaining calm and stoic when being attacked.  Don't show your hand, keep your emotions in check.  But Faye wasn't being attacked.  She was the one that owed the apology.  If there was ever a time for someone to show a little emotion and remorse, that would've been the time.  But I'm sure there is no remorse in that hard, little orange heart of hers.

• Love 11

And I would assume that they were equally offended by LVP's orangutan comment.  But you know what happens when we assume ......

... one risks being disappointed when things have nothing to do with race aren't on par with actually legitimate racially suspect things and therefore not elicit the anticipated, nay awaited comments?

• Love 1

... one risks being disappointed when things have nothing to do with race aren't on par with actually legitimate racially suspect things and therefore not elicit the anticipated, nay awaited comments?

Honestly, I'm never disappointed by a lack of racism, if that's what you're implying.  I have noticed that racially insensitive comments only seem to be a problem if they're uttered by Lisa Rinna.  I will have to go back and look, but were your comments similar regarding Lisa R?  I deeply apologize if I'm misunderstanding, but please don't suggest I'm race-baiting.

• Love 1

I agree.  Faye does owe Kathryn an apology. She can't bag out now. She wrote shit in a book about Kathryn and her marriage that she had no business writing - whether Kris Kraphead said it or not. 

And back then there was a lot of negativity "whispers" about Nicole - a white woman marrying a black guy - which wasn't that common-, doing drugs, perhaps sleeping with Ron Goldman, sleeping with Faye and other men. The tabloids tried painted Nicole as a floozy druggy.   There was an attempt to sully Nicole in the jury's eyes. Faye's book didn't help - people victim blame all the time and Nicole was no exception.  It was a long time ago and DV was (and still is sometimes) looked upon as "well she probably deserved it."

Faye did not write about Kathryn's marriage.  The excerpts from the book were regarding a conversation had before Kathryn and Marcus were married.

I don't think it would have hurt Faye to do it but if it is not heartfelt and if Kathryn cared she might have wanted to have actually read what was written about her.  She might not have been so dramatic about the whole thing.  It was Kris Jenner that said Kathryn turned a blind eye.  Faye said she was sweet.

Faye's book was about Nicole being a victim of domestic violence and OJ being a violent GUILTY man.

• Love 4

Faye did not write about Kathryn's marriage.  The excerpts from the book were regarding a conversation had before Kathryn and Marcus were married.

I don't think it would have hurt Faye to do it but if it is not heartfelt and if Kathryn cared she might have wanted to have actually read what was written about her.  She might not have been so dramatic about the whole thing.  It was Kris Jenner that said Kathryn turned a blind eye.  Faye said she was sweet.

Faye's book was about Nicole being a victim of domestic violence and OJ being a violent GUILTY man.

How did Faye know that Kathryn was "sweet" as they had not met before Kyle's non BBQ party?  Faye, quotes something rather unkind that KJ said about Kathryn and also called her 'sweet" in the book without any personal knowledge of Kathryn. There really was NO need for either comment in her salacious book about NS, none IMO. Add to that, she was a drug addict when all this happened so her memories of what anyone said to/told her are questionable at best.

If Faye really wanted to write a book about how abusive, violent and guilty OJ was, then there really was no need to go into such graphic details about NS's more questionable/salacious behavior like she did. She and her co-writer chose to focus the book on NS's tawdry behavior to sell more books IMO.

As for Faye apologizing to Kathryn? I don't think she ever will apologize to anyone for that book, including NS's family, who dispute that Faye and Nicole were ever THAT close to begin with.  JMO

• Love 13

I don't know of one person with any intelligence that thought or expressed Nicole deserved her fate.  If they are out there that is on them not Faye.

Well, many of OJ's supporters certainly enjoyed painting her out to be a slut that was a drug addict who was murdered because of a drug debt. Their intelligence I'm sure isn't much, but her book certainly didn't help Nicole's posthumous image. 

But forgetting all of that, what kind of friend does that to A WOMAN PREVIOUSLY ABUSED, VICIOUSLY MURDERED, AND CAN'T REFUTE HER FROM THE GRAVE?   I just can't imagine losing anyone close to you who was nearly decapitated and then writing a book divulging so much.  She IS morally repugnant.  I mean, the family already had their daughter slaughtered and now her daughter's character was viciously slaughtered in a book.  And who knows how much of what she wrote was really even true and not exagerated to sell books?

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 16

I have noticed that racially insensitive comments only seem to be a problem if they're uttered by Lisa Rinna.

Naw.  If we're talking only about this franchise, Brandi was called out.  LisaV will be called out.  If any HW makes racially insensitive comments, they're always a problem and are always discussed here. Is there anyone else on this franchise that has been possibly insensitive that we haven't talked about?

I don't think Rinna is a racist as much as I think she's a bigot.  And very, very ignorant.  But those usually go hand in hand.

• Love 7

Watching Kathryn and her husband in their scene was cringeworthy to me.  They both are way too aware of the cameras.  His yelling about how good looking his wife is was so...not phony, but done up for the cameras.  Reminded me of Yolanda's "my loves".  Empty admiration.  I could tell they really aren't as rich as Kathryn was trying to make them look.  She's claiming that they're so rich, neither of them needs to work anymore.  Liar, liar pants on fire!  If you don't need to work, why are you doing this show?  And I agree with another poster.  Anyone can go try on overly expensive jewelry and leave without buying anything.  Her husband had a distressed look on his face the whole time she was trying on that jewelry. 

Right--I was just coming here to comment on this. What on earth? They looked like a couple of rubes on the grift trying to heist some shit. I felt kind of bad for the poor jeweler. I realize that some will think he got some "publicity" <eyeroll> out of that embarrassing spectacle, but, I have to ask---to whom was it aimed? A real ho-wife fan who's in the market for a <cue Dr. Evil voice> one MILLION dollar pair of earrings? Stupid, embarrassing, and laughable! Haha!

• Love 6

I missed the first 30 minutes and have to watch it again from the beginning so all I'll say is that Kyle is a horrible person. She keeps saying 'this is awkward' but she knew damned well that inviting Faye Resnick and Kathryn to her 'barbecue' was going to stir up giant heaps of old feelings and animosities. But, she did it purposely because she doesn't have Kim anymore to bring attention to herself.

Indeed. She is the worst of all of them because she is such an insincere, DUMB AS A BOX OF ROCKS sneak who tries to act innocent. I feel like I lose brain cells every time she barks up with her illiterate, inane nonsense. But her underhanded sneakiness is what fuels my deep contempt for her. I can't stand a nasty hag who throws a rock and hides her hand.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 7

I hope that in upcoming episodes we won't be seeing episodes with friends of the Housewives as part of the regular occurring cast. I'm hoping that nobody else gets the idea that since Kyle seems to have been given special privilege to bring in her friend Faye Resnick that the others don't want the same privilege and start bringing in their own girlfriends. They'll have to change the name of the show to 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and Friends'

• Love 7

I would not put it past production to feature Faye because of the OJ mini series that is airing next week just to tie into something that will probably be getting a lot of attention.

• Love 8

I hope this season really is just a take down Kyle season, and they have been hiding behind revealing LVP to be a busy body and Lisa R to be a shit stirrer and Yolanda's Lyme as appetizers to the main event.

• Love 1

I hope this season really is just a take down Kyle season, and they have been hiding behind revealing LVP to be a busy body and Lisa R to be a shit stirrer and Yolanda's Lyme as appetizers to the main event.

I don't think it is a take anyone down kind of season.  No one seems to be that interested in being the Brandi this year.

One thing I find disingenuous, is this business of how they brought Kathryn on.  She meets the ladies at an event and all of a sudden she s popping by LVP's house to pick her up and attend a BBQ at Kyle's.  At least Erika came in through Yolanda.

• Love 9

Right--I was just coming here to comment on this. What on earth? They looked like a couple of rubes on the grift trying to heist some shit. I felt kind of bad for the poor jeweler. I realize that some will think he got some "publicity" <eyeroll> out of that embarrassing spectacle, but, I have to ask---to whom was it aimed? A real ho-wife fan who's in the market for a <cue Dr. Evil voice> one MILLION dollar pair of earrings? Stupid, embarrassing, and laughable! Haha!

That was a real WTF scene for me.   It started off looking as though the point was to flaunt their wealth and to let us know that they are swimming in big bucks and can buy anything they want any time they want.  It seemed to be about piling on the riches, throwing big, impressive dollar amounts around, proclaiming they are so wealthy that neither of them has to work, and that they live in grand style, far above the rest of us, possessing so much money that dropping a million here and there was how they rolled on a normal day.  She was admiring the most expensive pieces, and he was sitting there beaming.  Damn the cost!  He wanted to buy her whatever she wanted, he was proud that he could do it, and she was like a kid in a candy store.

And then it all came crashing down when there was a very normal, everybody-type moment with her husband saying they can't afford "x" because they're already spending money on "y".  It went from living vicariously thru people with Mohammed Hadid-type money to watching pretty much anyone I've ever known.  Suddenly there was a budget.  Suddenly there was a husband saying that no, he wasn't all that interested in draping his wife in expensive jewels.  Suddenly they were every couple in every mall in America dealing with the harsh reality that money doesn't grow on trees and there should be discussion and careful consideration before making a large purchase.

For me, it had the exact opposite effect of what it was trying to convey.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 15

I hope that in upcoming episodes we won't be seeing episodes with friends of the Housewives as part of the regular occurring cast. I'm hoping that nobody else gets the idea that since Kyle seems to have been given special privilege to bring in her friend Faye Resnick that the others don't want the same privilege and start bringing in their own girlfriends. They'll have to change the name of the show to 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and Friends'

But we've always seen some of the gals bring their friends around. Sometime they become part of the drama, sometimes they don't. Maybe the most famous scene in this franchise (The Dinner Party From Hell) threw Camille's friend right into the mix. Mo and Martin use to be around a lot as Lisa's friends. Brandi seemed to always have someone around. Taylor never went anywhere without that friend of hers (Dewayne/Dwight/some name that begins with a "D"). 

• Love 6

Taking Kathyrn out of the whole thing, what Faye Resnick did WAS morally repugnant and I don't care that it was 20 some years ago that it happened, whether she was on crack or not.  A woman was brutally murdered, supposedly a best friend of hers, and she writes a book detailing affairs that she had and therefore adding to the battlecry used by OJ supporters as though Nicole Brown Simpson deserved her fate.  

Yes, I'm sure Faye doesn't want to rehash this whole mess.  But she's can't change the history of dragging her dead best friend through the mud post-mortem.

I think this is right, and that what Faye did was morally repugnant. But does doing a morally corrupt thing make someone a morally corrupt person? I love Eileen, but surely what Eileen and Vince did was as repugnant as what Faye did? If Faye was wrong for betraying a friend, surely Vince betraying his wife and children, and Eileen joining in, is much worse? Yet even though we all knew their story last year, for the most part folks loved them. They might have done something horrible, but that didn't necessarily make them horrible people, even though the horrible thing went on for years. Faye's sins seem much more horrendous because most of us have never been involved in something like this. Luckily most have never had anyone close to them murdered, or had to make a choice on whether or not to cash in on the tragedy. It is something that most people simply cannot conceive of. Other morally corrupt things are much easier to understand (which is depressing). We all know someone who has done something horrendous to their family. Cheated on a spouse or maybe left their family completely. We probably all love someone who has done this horrible thing to someone, maybe have friends or family that we didn't toss away because they did a morally corrupt thing.  For whatever reason, Kyle is held to a very high standard in that she is apparently a horrible person because she didn't throw away a friend who made less than ideal choices.  I cannot imagine being held to such a standard. 

Faye's real problem is that she is not easy to like. She is not warm or sympathetic (at least from what I have seen on the show). I have always felt strongly that if she had come on in S3 and put her arms around Brandi instead of throwing hard truths in her face, that she would have been received much differently, regardless of what had happened 20 years ago (for some, not for all). How ironic that her deal with Brandi was about her defending her good friend Adrienne, who she had been close to for over a dozen years, and yet people hated her for it because Brandi was very easy to like at the time, and a very sympathetic character. No one gave Faye any credit for defending her good friend, even though for the most part she was judged 20 years ago for not being a good friend. She got no points for doing better with Adrienne than she had for Nicole, because no one liked Adrienne. Even though Brandi was the one who had done the horrible deed, she got all the viewer love because she was easier to like than Faye or Adrienne. Folks can get away with a lot if people like them in general. 

• Love 5

Yes, what Vinnie and Eileen did was wrong, but my understanding is that they have made things ok with the people they hurt. Everyone makes mistakes, but it is what you do after that shows true charachter. Faye shows no accountability or regret for anyone she has hurt. Even her verbiage was twisted when LVP told her she felt wronged - Faye said something along the lines that she herself had no anger at Lisa- okay, now how about actually saying you are sorry?! I think her face would crack and crumble. Faye is so steely and cunning on the outside, and to show any regret or apologize simply costs her too much emotionally. What a truly broken human being.

• Love 7

Faye makes me want to take a shower.  There is something about her I just don't care for at all.  Just in general.  I see her and hear her and I immediately see why she is one of the courtiers in the court that nurtured the likes of Paris Hilton.

But I also think she is in a odd place in regards to Nicole Brown Simpson.  What she did is only measured in degrees of self-serving tawdry behavior for me, not if she did is self-serving tawdry behavior.  Still, if I say she is friend, then I judge her acts then as incredibly despicable.  But if a friend then she also might have had true grief.  True depression. And a need to cope and to keep that in perspective.  That does not mitigate what she did.  But it might help explain it.  From my earliest years, there has been the need to put oneself on television and in the media during a time of personal crises.  I have sat bewildered in front of CNN and watch family members of a presumed beloved relative talk about that person's horrific death, hours, hours! not even days after the death.  Crashed and tsunamis and earthquakes and fires and shootings.  And I have to think on some level, it is a way to cope.  Death is something that can leave us helpless and we will grasp at anything to give us a sense we have even a tiny bit of control over it.

So if Faye was this great friend, there is the chance that she acted in part because she was stupid.  Greedy.  And yet possibly also grieving and in shock that a murder can instill.

If she wasn't a friend.  Then her acts are not the betrayal that her detractors in the day wanted to proclaim.  I know that sounds crass and again it still leaves her a despicable person, but there is a weird sense of having it both ways.  People on the show who clearly don't like her want to say -- see she's simply cashing in and wasn't really a friend.  Well then her cashing in is crass but it is not eh moral betrayal some would like to paint it as.  I say this because while, again, I really do not like her.  I cannot abide any of these women who sat in a room for the cameras and nattered on pompously trying to sound profound and enlightened as they sold Taylor's husband's suicide for the cameras.  Faye Resnick might be morally corrupt but I'll raise you one for the cameras cold ratings hungry wake that if I recall both Camille and LVP took part in.  Much more recently.  Guess the sensationalized death as a career move doesn't fall far from the obituary column does it ladies.

That all said, if Faye simply got sucked into some wormhole never to be seen or heard from again...meh.

• Love 3
RedheadZombie, on 30 Jan 2016 - 2:21 PM, said:

And I would assume that they were equally offended by LVP's orangutan comment.  But you know what happens when we assume ......

That's a good point.  I forgot all about that comment!  That was not a good look for LisaV.

• Love 2
ElDosEquis, on 29 Jan 2016 - 9:48 PM, said:

I misspoke, her talk about vacations, her store, closet and reminders that Desi is the greatest salesman on the planet don't count. Sorry.

It's not that they don't count.  It's just that they don't count any more than Erika bragging on her husband's success and talking about their private jet, LisaV talking about her many restaurants and other investments - along with her commenting that their bedroom in the Italian villa was "half the size of her BATHROOM at home"  - or Kathryn saying that she and her husband "never have to work again" because they've made so much $$ with his football career and ... whatever other reasons.  Or LisaR talking about how successful her QVC line is and how much $$$ she made doing her diaper commercial.

They all talk about their vacations and their homes and their business ventures.   To single out Kyle for doing so is preposterous.

And, even so, why shouldn't Kyle be proud of and brag on Mauricio for his accomplishments?  He's worked very hard and earned his success.  It wasn't handed to him on a silver platter and he certainly did not grow up wealthy. 

• Love 10

I don't care if some think that I wrongly feel superior to Faye , IRL in my neighborhood she would either be ostracized or get a major azz beating.

Nobody would just cater to her bull crap.

And FYI my girlfriends run the gamut from MD to former pole dancers...

I can't for the life of me understand why we should give her a pass. No fucking way!

I think it's a case of YMMV.  I can totally understand why people can't stand Faye and I don't think they should have to change their minds given that time has passed.  I still want to stomp Taylor Armstrong into a slimy streak on the sidewalk.  But I find Faye entertaining and I love how she effortlessly manages to discombobulate the Ho'Wives when she wants to.  So, Faye, if you've got something nasty to say, come on over and say it where I can hear it and laugh at it.  The book and the Playboy spread don't bother me.  A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Also it occurs to me that a Reality show featuring just Camille and Faye would be endlessly entertaining.  Those women are both bitchy and funny.  And although Camilla's past is less...documented than Faye's, she still has one.  I would totally watch that show!

Edited by quaintirene
  • Love 2
Kokapetl, on 30 Jan 2016 - 3:15 PM, said:

Naomi Campbell, Tiger Woods, Kimora Lee Simmons. I can't think of any else in that particular Venn diagram.

Kokapetl, on 30 Jan 2016 - 5:45 PM, said:

I forgot Tyga too!

SparkleznConfetti, on 30 Jan 2016 - 5:37 PM, said:

*Whispers* Let me help you out.Model Chanel Iman, Tyson Beckford, Sherri Saum, Neyo,Jhene Aiko,Puffy's first baby mother Misa Hylton-Brim, Pharell,Cassie, Lisa Wu,Kelis,The Rock,Rae Dawn Chong,Nicki Minaj to name a few.

Erm.  Aren't these people ya'll are naming supposed to be proving that Kathryn was not appropriating black speech and mannerisms? Ya might wanna go over those lists again.

And let the record show that I thought - and wrote - that I personally thought she was appropriating more of a Latina manner of speech.  And that I did not find it offensive - but I didn't find LisaR's schtick offensive either.  Just dumb and embarrassing (both of them!)

• Love 3

I think this is right, and that what Faye did was morally repugnant. But does doing a morally corrupt thing make someone a morally corrupt person? I love Eileen, but surely what Eileen and Vince did was as repugnant as what Faye did? If Faye was wrong for betraying a friend, surely Vince betraying his wife and children, and Eileen joining in, is much worse? Yet even though we all knew their story last year, for the most part folks loved them. They might have done something horrible, but that didn't necessarily make them horrible people, even though the horrible thing went on for years. Faye's sins seem much more horrendous because most of us have never been involved in something like this. Luckily most have never had anyone close to them murdered, or had to make a choice on whether or not to cash in on the tragedy. It is something that most people simply cannot conceive of. Other morally corrupt things are much easier to understand (which is depressing). We all know someone who has done something horrendous to their family. Cheated on a spouse or maybe left their family completely. We probably all love someone who has done this horrible thing to someone, maybe have friends or family that we didn't toss away because they did a morally corrupt thing.  For whatever reason, Kyle is held to a very high standard in that she is apparently a horrible person because she didn't throw away a friend who made less than ideal choices.  I cannot imagine being held to such a standard. 

Faye's real problem is that she is not easy to like. She is not warm or sympathetic (at least from what I have seen on the show). I have always felt strongly that if she had come on in S3 and put her arms around Brandi instead of throwing hard truths in her face, that she would have been received much differently, regardless of what had happened 20 years ago (for some, not for all). How ironic that her deal with Brandi was about her defending her good friend Adrienne, who she had been close to for over a dozen years, and yet people hated her for it because Brandi was very easy to like at the time, and a very sympathetic character. No one gave Faye any credit for defending her good friend, even though for the most part she was judged 20 years ago for not being a good friend. She got no points for doing better with Adrienne than she had for Nicole, because no one liked Adrienne. Even though Brandi was the one who had done the horrible deed, she got all the viewer love because she was easier to like than Faye or Adrienne. Folks can get away with a lot if people like them in general. 

Well said!!

• Love 2

Faye...

But I also think she is in a odd place in regards to Nicole Brown Simpson.  What she did is only measured in degrees of self-serving tawdry behavior for me, not if she did is self-serving tawdry behavior.  Still, if I say she is friend, then I judge her acts then as incredibly despicable.  But if a friend then she also might have had true grief.  True depression. And a need to cope and to keep that in perspective.  That does not mitigate what she did.  But it might help explain it.  From my earliest years, there has been the need to put oneself on television and in the media during a time of personal crises.  I have sat bewildered in front of CNN and watch family members of a presumed beloved relative talk about that person's horrific death, hours, hours! not even days after the death.  Crashed and tsunamis and earthquakes and fires and shootings.  And I have to think on some level, it is a way to cope.  Death is something that can leave us helpless and we will grasp at anything to give us a sense we have even a tiny bit of control over it.

So if Faye was this great friend, there is the chance that she acted in part because she was stupid.  Greedy.  And yet possibly also grieving and in shock that a murder can instill.

If she wasn't a friend.  Then her acts are not the betrayal that her detractors in the day wanted to proclaim.  I know that sounds crass and again it still leaves her a despicable person, but there is a weird sense of having it both ways.  People on the show who clearly don't like her want to say -- see she's simply cashing in and wasn't really a friend.  Well then her cashing in is crass but it is not eh moral betrayal some would like to paint it as.  I say this because while, again, I really do not like her.  I cannot abide any of these women who sat in a room for the cameras and nattered on pompously trying to sound profound and enlightened as they sold Taylor's husband's suicide for the cameras.  Faye Resnick might be morally corrupt but I'll raise you one for the cameras cold ratings hungry wake that if I recall both Camille and LVP took part in.  Much more recently.  Guess the sensationalized death as a career move doesn't fall far from the obituary column does it ladies.

Extremely interesting and I agree

Very reasonable and fascinating logical analysis

I think it's a case of YMMV.  I can totally understand why people can't stand Faye and I don't think they should have to change their minds given that time has passed.  I still want to stomp Taylor Armstrong into a slimy streak on the sidewalk.  But I find Faye entertaining and I love how she effortlessly manages to discombobulate the Ho'Wives when she wants to.  So, Faye, if you've got something nasty to say, come on over and say it where I can hear it and laugh at it.  The book and the Playboy spread don't bother me.  A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Also it occurs to me that a Reality show featuring just Camille and Faye would be endlessly entertaining.  Those women are both bitchy and funny.  And although Camilla's past is less...documented than Faye's, she still has one.  I would totally watch that show!

Preach sister! I would totally watch that show!

• Love 3

Completely agree.  I tend to be overly emotional and dramatic, so that kind of behavior I understand completely and empathize with.  Folks that are cool, calm and collected, those are the ones that fascinate me (although I am not drawn to those types of people - I like my friends to come with a lot of crazy emotion). Faye comes across as someone who has heard and seen it all. She has been through shit - much of it probably by her own making - and she doesn't really get flustered easily in the moment. I find that really interesting. What is most interesting to me, however, is that she is usually right about people. She nailed Brandi, and I also think she got it right with Lisa.  When Lisar asked what the problem had been between Lisa V and Faye, I loved it when she simply said that they were both protecting people they cared about - Lisa V protecting Brandi and Faye protecting Kyle.  I think that is why Lisa V really dislikes Faye.  Faye completely read Lisa. She knew what she was doing and I think it rattled Lisa to be called out on her behavior by someone like Faye.  Especially because Faye ended up being right about Brandi. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5

Completely agree.  I tend to be overly emotional and dramatic, so that kind of behavior I understand completely and empathize with.  Folks that are cool, calm and collected, those are the ones that fascinate me (although I am not drawn to those types of people - I like my friends to come with a lot of crazy emotion). Faye comes across as someone who has heard and seen it all. She has been through shit - much of it probably by her own making - and she doesn't really get flustered easily in the moment. I find that really interesting. What is most interesting to me, however, is that she is usually right about people. She nailed Brandi, and I also think she got it right with Lisa.  When Lisar asked what the problem had been between Lisa V and Faye, I loved it when she simply said that they were both protecting people they cared about - Lisa V protecting Brandi and Faye protecting Kyle.  I think that is why Lisa V really dislikes Faye.  Faye completely read Lisa. She knew what she was doing and I think it rattled Lisa to be called out on her behavior by someone like Faye.  Especially because Faye ended up being right about Brandi. 

Except for the simple fact that Faye was NOT defending Kyle when she went at Lisa at Lisa/Ken's vow renewal, she was defending Adrienne. So Faye is trying to rewrite what we all saw/heard to make herself look less aggressive at someone else's home and at their party. LOL 

• Love 4

Except for the simple fact that Faye was NOT defending Kyle when she went at Lisa at Lisa/Ken's vow renewal, she was defending Adrienne. So Faye is trying to rewrite what we all saw/heard to make herself look less aggressive at someone else's home and at their party. LOL

So far, Faye has zero redeeming quality.

So she can throw shade?

Big deal, she is dealing with amateurs. Lol

Throw her in " lies and hip and hop"with the company of ghetto-like master shade throwers and let see how she fares.lol.

Evelyn and Jocelyn would eat her alive.

So sick of that ugly viper.

• Love 4

I've always thought of Faye as rusty looking but it oddly moves around to different areas of her person. Sometimes its her faux tan or bronzer, then maybe her highlights and when her highlights are toned down its her general hair color. But when the planets align her hair and skin tone can all be a lovely shade of orange. Sometimes I think she looks pretty and gets it right and other times not so much but she does seem to love that corner of the color wheel to spice up her look.

Yes, that's exactly why Lisa's comment, IMO, while insensitive based on nasty comments in our history, was not meant in any way but a reference to Faye's odd, fake, not natural, coloring.

Anyone remember the first mass marketed bronzer that came in a faux pottery type container? Maybe around the time Sun-in was big? I had a friend with strawberry blonde hair that tanned and went too heavy on that stuff. She always looked orange. So, I would see her, if I was in Lisa's shoes, as an Oompa Loompa wicked witch twirling her hands.

I think Faye is a vile excuse of a human being.

• Love 3

I think the fact that Brandi had gone after Kyle a time or two what Faye was saying is that LVP could wind Brandi up and Brandi would go after those who LVP was angry.  If Faye says she was protecting Kyle then I think we have to respect the fact that is who she was protecting.  By the time of the vow renewal Adrienne was out of the picture.  LVP didn't even see Adrienne IIRC.  At the dinner table Faye was asked why she was butting in and she said that her stepdaughter had dating one of Adrienne's brothers.  By the time of the vow renewal Kyle and LVP were at odds.    

• Love 1

Yes, what Vinnie and Eileen did was wrong, but my understanding is that they have made things ok with the people they hurt. Everyone makes mistakes, but it is what you do after that shows true charachter. Faye shows no accountability or regret for anyone she has hurt. Even her verbiage was twisted when LVP told her she felt wronged - Faye said something along the lines that she herself had no anger at Lisa- okay, now how about actually saying you are sorry?! I think her face would crack and crumble. Faye is so steely and cunning on the outside, and to show any regret or apologize simply costs her too much emotionally. What a truly broken human being.

ITA with your comments here. Unless you are perfect, and no mere mortal is, we all have made poor decisions and behaved less than perfect in our lives. Character comes from reactions to problems and if you can right wrongs...if possible. Remember the silly dark comedy show, My Name is Earl? A comedy farce about a guy who was up to no good, such as stealing beer and spent the series trying to right his wrongs over the years...and hysterically making matters worse in some cases?! His intentions as a reformed man were pure and he showed what was in his heart redeemed his good name. The Apostle Peter, as a serious example of changing your ways and trying to fix your mistakes...We all ask for forgiveness, unless we are complete jerks.

Faye seemingly refuses to understand what she has done, displays no remorse and was once again, for example, with Brandi, inserting herself in the middle of accusations. Faye's not a housewife, she was not personally connected to Brandi, and was getting involved where she did not belong. Whether Faye was right about Brandi (she was) or wrong, IMO, is irrelevant. As a friend of Kyle, if she felt Brandi and LVP were hurting Kyle, I understand her concern, but why attack? Who does that when it's not your direct place? Faye saw Brandi screwing around in Portia's bathroom. I agree, gross, eww...but that's a conversation to have with Kyle off camera.

I also think what Faye did goes way beyond the typical mistakes most people make in their lives! I wouldn't compare Eileen and Vince's situation to the "mistakes" Faye made...

While I see where LVP is coming from, I do agree that we rarely see her honestly apologize for slights she has made, the rude comments and gossip. I'm a fan of all of the charity work, her kindness with animals, her British humor. But, as most people who are like that (I'm the Queen of sarcasm in real life) you also have to be aware of the sensitivities of your friends. Often, she does not and likely why she says she feels like a man in a woman's body. She is just not that aware of how she sometimes digs at people.

As another poster already said, Kyle, Stop trying to make Faye happen!

• Love 4

I think the fact that Brandi had gone after Kyle a time or two what Faye was saying is that LVP could wind Brandi up and Brandi would go after those who LVP was angry.  If Faye says she was protecting Kyle then I think we have to respect the fact that is who she was protecting.  By the time of the vow renewal Adrienne was out of the picture.  LVP didn't even see Adrienne IIRC.  At the dinner table Faye was asked why she was butting in and she said that her stepdaughter had dating one of Adrienne's brothers.  By the time of the vow renewal Kyle and LVP were at odds.    

Nahhhh, Faye is just trying to mitigate her nasty behavior at Lisa's party. Faye went after Brandi, then Lisa, because of Adrienne, NOT because of Kyle and she got a lot of hate defending Adrienne like she did so now she is claiming she was defending Kyle to soften that hate. I did laugh when Lisa admitted she, herself, defended the wrong person though. LOL

• Love 2

Hi gang, while the use of the word "ghetto" isn't fully outlawed here think of it like this, if you're actually quoting something it's fine, otherwise, as a descriptor for someone/something it's not allowed. Some posts have been deleted and some have been edited to remove references to deleted posts. 

In general, if you think someone said something on the forum that feels offensive or racist or whatever, please REPORT IT don't engage in a discussion of it and debate why/why not your opinion is right. That's why we have mods. The thing is we can't always be here all day and night so we rely on you all reporting stuff that you think might be problematic so we can deal with it as soon as possible. 

• Love 7

Nahhhh, Faye is just trying to mitigate her nasty behavior at Lisa's party. Faye went after Brandi, then Lisa, because of Adrienne, NOT because of Kyle and she got a lot of hate defending Adrienne like she did so now she is claiming she was defending Kyle to soften that hate. I did laugh when Lisa admitted she, herself, defended the wrong person though. LOL

You might be right about Faye's motivations - I'm not sure.  The one thing I would love to see, however, is the unedited footage from Lisa's party. That scene stuck out to me then, and continues when I see reruns, because it was strange the way the conversation was just suddenly happening. We never saw how it began. Who said what, etc. All of the sudden Lisa V and Faye were having a discussion, and the rest of the ladies were whispering not far away, trying to figure out what was going on. We couldn't hear what was being said at first, but joined the conversation right in the middle, just in time to basically hear Faye telling Lisa that she tended to get Brandi all worked up. I never thought that Faye just walked up and started with that, and would have loved to understand how it all started.

Interestingly enough in that clip, Faye tells Lisa that it was wrong for her to cover for Brandi when she was doing whatever she was doing with that guy in the bathroom at Kyle's White Party. Lisa acted shocked and said they were only kissing. Later on, when the friendship went south, Lisa would say that they were doing much more and that she put a stop to it just in time. 

• Love 2

You might be right about Faye's motivations - I'm not sure.  The one thing I would love to see, however, is the unedited footage from Lisa's party. That scene stuck out to me then, and continues when I see reruns, because it was strange the way the conversation was just suddenly happening. We never saw how it began. Who said what, etc. All of the sudden Lisa V and Faye were having a discussion, and the rest of the ladies were whispering not far away, trying to figure out what was going on. We couldn't hear what was being said at first, but joined the conversation right in the middle, just in time to basically hear Faye telling Lisa that she tended to get Brandi all worked up. I never thought that Faye just walked up and started with that, and would have loved to understand how it all started.

Interestingly enough in that clip, Faye tells Lisa that it was wrong for her to cover for Brandi when she was doing whatever she was doing with that guy in the bathroom at Kyle's White Party. Lisa acted shocked and said they were only kissing. Later on, when the friendship went south, Lisa would say that they were doing much more and that she put a stop to it just in time. 

TPTB will never let us see the entire conversation and we will never hear the real story from either Faye OR Lisa, or anyone of the HWs that were there. I do agree there is more to it than we saw.

I think Lisa tried to cover up a multitude of Brandi's nasty behavior because she really cared for her and was trying to help her grow up but she failed and her repayment was to be attacked by the rabid dog she tried to help. The old saying "No good deed goes unpunished" goes hand in hand with anyone trying to help Brandi. Yolanda needs to heed that advice because it is only a matter of time that Brandi will turn on her and IMO, Yolanda has a lot more to loose than Lisa ever did. Then again, I think Yolanda is using Brandi just as much as Brandi is using her, so Yolanda might spill the beans on Brandi first. LOL

• Love 2

I don't miss her plastic surgeried face, or her gilt rococo furniture.

Lol

Her dating Sean Stewart on the show would have been comedy gold...

I can overlook the rococo furniture for her fabulous in home spa and her imported 100 years old olive trees...

Plus she had some cray-cray ventures....

Her knock-off Louboutins...

She offered tons and now we have hypochondriac Yoyo and her detoxifying Epsom baths!

• Love 4

Kyle tells us in her current Bravo blog about this episode:

"Even Kathryn got to know Faye over these last six months and actually got along and put this all behind them. However, Kathryn (for whatever reason) chose not to share that in her blog."

This in no way negates all the negative Faye feelings many viewers have shared in this thread. Though it adds information about Kathryn's current relationship with Faye according to Kyle.

Kyle's blog also describes her deep friendship with Faye:

"The person that they speak of is not the Faye I know. Faye is a kind, compassionate and loving person. She is a friend that will never let you down. An "aunt" to my children that has never missed a play or special event for them.

She is always happy, positive and a friend that will fight and defend you to the end. Faye has many friends that share my feelings.

Faye is an easy target and always pre-judged. If people actually met her, they would be surprised. I have always been a good judge of character and would not have had this person in my life this many years if she weren't the person that she is."

No doubt Nicole's family is not thrilled their dear daughter's brutal death is being featured on a made for TV show. It has to hurt the family including Nicole's children to have the horrendously painful circumstances of their parents rehashed on TV. Do those responsible for dredging up this 20-year old case care about anything except ratings and money? It doesn't appear so.

IMO Kyle, Faye and Kathryn should have refused to allow this subject to have been brought up. Shame on BRAVO ANDY and all three ladies for their part in allowing such a storyline to promote the made for TV movie.

My prayers go out to the victims of this tragedy still suffering the consequences of loosing a mother, daughter and sister.

Edited by talula
  • Love 6

Faye must have a hellavu in person charisma that doesn't translate to the screen. I'm just not seeing it ( OJ aside), she seems very bitchy.

Completely agree. Leaving the OJ/Nicole connection out, Faye does not come across warm, friendly or even charming. She always has that smug smirk on her face. Her niceness does not seem genuine to me. Of course I don't know if she is genuine, she just comes across as fake to me.

I really haven't commented on the Kathryn /Faye thing because it seems complicated and just a horrible event. That I have really nothing to add to it. Saying that, if Kathryn was really as angry as she claimed, I have no reason to think she was lying, I'd want to smack the hell out of Faye's face at the table. I'm glad she held it together. Faye's face annoys me lol.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 13

No doubt Nicole's family is not thrilled their dear daughter's brutal death is being featured on a made for TV show. It has to hurt the family including Nicole's children to have the horrendously painful circumstances of their parents rehashed on TV. Do those responsible for dredging up this 20-year old case care about anything except ratings and money? It doesn't appear so.

I was just channel surfing and saw the Dr Phil show for a couple of minutes and low and behold his show is about the upcoming OJ mini series! LOL Nicole's sister choose to be interviewed OFF stage/set but she said that NO ONE let her family, Nicole's family, know they were making the movie/series and she is very upset to say the least!

ETA, Ron Goldman's father was ON set alongside Dr Phil but I didn't hear him say whether or not any one contacted him that they were making this movie/series.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 6

Yes, that's exactly why Lisa's comment, IMO, while insensitive based on nasty comments in our history, was not meant in any way but a reference to Faye's odd, fake, not natural, coloring.

Anyone remember the first mass marketed bronzer that came in a faux pottery type container? Maybe around the time Sun-in was big? I had a friend with strawberry blonde hair that tanned and went too heavy on that stuff. She always looked orange. So, I would see her, if I was in Lisa's shoes, as an Oompa Loompa wicked witch twirling her hands.

I think Faye is a vile excuse of a human being.

Rubiglo?

• Love 2