Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Better Angels

Why oh why can't we have 22 episodes of Peggy and knock S.H.I.E.L.D down to a yearly short run instead?

I love them both, but I suspect it's because Carter is aimed at women viewers-- apparently women gamers now outnumber men, so our geek cred is starting to be noiced.

and SHIELD is more typically aimed at the 18-35 male viewer.

And the network programmers and advertising buyers still have not noticed that it's the women who shop.

I haven't been paying attention to the commercials which might prove my point. But since I watch from Canada I don't see the primary commercials.

Edited by femmefan1946
  • Love 2

Why oh why can't we have 22 episodes of Peggy and knock S.H.I.E.L.D down to a yearly short run instead?

I love Agent Carter as it it, as well as with the Marvel Netflix series--all story, little to no filler.  But I agree, and  do I think it would benefit SHIELD more to cut down the episodes--but ABC/Disney/Marvel aren't making shows specifically for CyberJawa.

I loved Season One, and I'm enjoying Season Two.  

Whitney is certainly becoming a compelling villain, and just like the Netflix series, I think the MCU's tv villains are stronger in so many ways compared to their film counterparts. 

Edited by CyberJawa1986

I love Agent Carter as it it, as well as with the Marvel Netflix series--all story, little to no filler.  But I agree, and  do I think it would benefit SHIELD more to cut down the episodes--but ABC/Disney/Marvel aren't making shows specifically for CyberJawa.

I loved Season One, and I'm enjoying Season Two.  

Whitney is certainly becoming a compelling villain, and just like the Netflix series, I think the MCU's tv villains are stronger in so many ways compared to their film counterparts. 

I love that television, even short runs like Agent Carter, allow for so much more character development. You just don't have time with a 2 hour movie, even a movie series. Especially since the MCU tends towards larger casts while a TV series generally has 5-8 regulars. I

• Love 2

Agent Carter is one of those shows that I just watch without needing to analyze. That's not to say that it's light but I can just sit back and be entertained. I'll let the mystery unfold as it does. Still, I'll second much of what's been said already.

Thompson is unbearable. I was so happy Peggy gave him that setdown since his revelation around the campfire last season has been playing in my mind since his jerky behavior in episode 1. One of my favorite parts of this show is watching Peggy fight. I wish they'd slow down some of the camera work a bit, particularly if she decides to punch Chad Michael Murray in his increasingly punchable face.

The actor playing Dr. Wilkes is very charming. He has a nice smile. But I agree that they're rushing the romance. For that matter, they're rushing whatever's going on with Peggy and Sousa. At least on her side. Stop forcing romances, show. Sure Peggy spent a good deal of last season still pining over Cap but it was nice to have a female protagonist who wasn't all caught up in romantic entanglements in the present.

I actually thought Whitney was going to be revealed as the culprit in episode 1. For God's sake, her last name is FROST. But this is more interesting so far. Is that her real voice? It sounds like a put on, which I appreciate since most of the other actors sound too modern to me. The one thing I really hope is that this whole zero matter thing doesn't end up having anything to do with Whitney wanting to preserve her youth/looks. I feel like that's where it could be going now and I will be so annoyed if they do that to their female villain. Haven't we had enough of those?

On a shallow note I'm obsessed with Peggy's hair this season. Was it this good last season?

• Love 3

As the "scar" grows (it does get a little bigger each time she uses the power, right?), she'll have to switch to a full-on Veronica Lake peekaboo ;)

Heh. Next month, she's sporting Veronica Lake's signature cut. The month after that, she starts the newest, latest, hottest trend: the Sheepdog!

I thought [Jarvis] was a little nettled that Howard thought he was unusually 'white' (or, as Howard described it, hidebound and stupid) and the turkish thing was a way of saying that he wasn't all _that_ white.

That's how I took it, too.  I am one-sixteenth Cherokee, and it would be like me insisting on pointing that out even though looking at me you'd think I was the whitest whitey that ever whited LOL.  It made me laugh.  Jarvis is fun.

I like Thompson.  He's a prick in many respects, but he's not a bad person.  Just...a prick.  He's one of those guys that grates you the wrong way but it doesn't make him a bad guy.  You just can't be around him without wanting to strangle him is all.

I enjoyed last season but the characters and episodes this season have been much more memorable IMO.  Loving it.

Y'all have covered most of the funny dialogue: who's a good boy...don't want to be a disembodied voice...I get confused around books.

The other one that made me laugh:

"From the pharmacy get me some saline solution and some sterilized water. From the lab get me some silver halide and some ammonium thiosulfate. And pick up any heavy metal you can find, just in case. Oh and from the market get me some of that cheese I like, you know, that yellow one."

"Velveeta. I'll get two bricks."

Velveeta: The perfect cheese for a scientist.

But my favorite part was his last line about Velveeta. "There's a cheese you can really fondue with." It's a callback (small one) to Captain America: The First Avenger when Howard brought up fondue and had to explain to Steve what it is. 

I love Peggy. I agree with Sousa telling her not to go charging in so much.  It's better to have more when you confront people and official documents like warrants. 

I wasn't sure Whitney Frost deliberately killed the director or if somehow her zero matter went off. I can't tell if she is in control of Zero matter and I did think her scar was moving from side to side. 

I looked it up there was an actress named Whitney at the time. Otherwise I believed Whitney was a male name at the time. 

I like Wilkes, but he's not my favorite for Peggy.  I was happy to see him again and the actors have chemistry.

I liked Red on That 70-s Show, but I'm not loving him in this. 

The fight scene with the assassin was good!

Edited by Temperance

Thompson and Peggy continue to have some of the best and most dynamic interactions in the whole show.

Exactly. I would take that back and forth over the Sousa/Peggy great romance they're trying to create anyday.

I wasn't sure Whitney Frost deliberately killed the director or if somehow her zero matter went off. I can't tell if she is in control of Zero matter and I did think her scar was moving from side to side. 

I'm 99% sure her Zero Matter went off and she didn't have any control over it. She seemed pretty horrified by it. I imagine she'll be working to get control of it now before emerging as a supervillian in an episode or two.