Type keyword(s) to search

Dynasty - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

Fallon: You're even more beautiful and more ugly than that grand English lady I vaguely remember, and whom I've tried very hard to forget existed these past sixteen years.
Alexis: I'm glad to see that your father had your teeth fixed, if not your tongue.

Dex: The last time you glowed like that, I provided the electricity.
Alexis: Your memory flatters you, Dex.

Alexis: Do make yourself comfortable, Dominique.
Dominique: I intend to. Just as I intend to make you *un*comfortable.

Alexis: Now, look, you pass the word on to your little wife, Steven. If I ever hear of another time when she has breathed a word about Fallon's paternity, I will personally attach tiny hand grenades to each of the wheels on her roller skates, watch her do one of her ever-loving pirouettes, and applaud as she explodes into a thousand smithereens.

Sable: Well Alexis I see you're back from Africa, it's a dangerous place for most animals but I see you're alright!

Blake to Alexis: You can sleep in the master bedroom tonight. I'm having it disinfected tomorrow.

Dex: I wouldn't worry about Alexis, she'll find a way to land on her feet...

Sable: Or her back!

Kirby: You bitch.

Alexis: If I am, take a lesson from me. You may need it in life.

Adam: You're not going to like having me as an enemy.

Blake: It couldn't be worse than having you as a son.

Fallon: Adam's dull wit needs all the sharpening it can get.

Sable: Hello, Alexis. Glad to see you've uh... sobered up.

Alexis: And now my hangover's arrived.

Dex: Alexis and I have a corporation.

Mark Jennings: That's right, Dex-Lex or Lex-Dex. Never can remember which one of you is on top.

Alexis: Nine months, are you pregnant?

Krystle: Yes.

Alexis: Congratulations.

Krystle: Thank you.

Alexis: Not that it's all that special. I mean, even worms can procreate.

• Love 1

I wasn't interested in Dynasty in its original run, but I heard so much about it that I had to give it a shot once I discovered it on Amazon Prime. I just started Season 4, and I am enjoying the hell out of all of it! Although it did bring me back to one horrible 80s memory...those shoulder pads!!! And we thought we looked good in them! :)

Yay, a Dynasty forum!

I've gotten back into the show in a big way, thanks to the reruns on the Pop channel. Haven't seen it since FX was running it in the late 90s, so it's great having it back again. I discovered it while Season 7 was in progress, and even though S7 is a weak season, I enjoyed it simply because it was so great to see Dynasty again! Season 8, which recently ended, is a bit better, with the Blake running for governor arc. There's also Steven, Fallon and Adam being forced to work together running Denver Carrington while Blake campaigns, which is entertaining. Adam, actually, is on his best behavior of the series, happily married to Dana and wanting to start a family. Of course, that happiness doesn't last long and Adam is single and back to his old ways by S9; in terms of dirtbaggy behavior, it's probably his worst since he was poisoning Jeff in S3. 

The final season is a bit strange in that Krystle isn't in most of it. She's in three or four episodes, then disappears. Steven is also gone, so two major regular characters are missing, necessarily changing the show's dynamic. It's an interesting season, though, with the Nazi treasure and Roger Grimes plotlines, and Sammi Jo and Fallon forming this weird alliance, while Sable, brought in from the cancelled Colby's, and Blake did the same, and Dex dallied with pretty much everybody and somehow kept his hands clean. Dex is a wonder to behold. He's on good terms with everyone, even both Sable and Alexis, who loathe each other. Sure, Alexis might get angry with him now and then, but she can never stay away from him for long. He can do business with anybody, hang out with anybody and sleep with anybody, and at the end of the day, no matter what's going on around him, he comes out smelling like a bed of roses. The guy is Teflon. It's so much fun watching him.

It's just fun to have this show back! Has anyone else been watching on Pop? Any opinions on these latter seasons?

Season 9 had lots of potential. The main problem was behind the scenes issues keeping Alexis in only half the episodes. Had she been there the whole time, it could have been a great season. As is it, its probably the best season overall since season 6. You also really feel the budget cuts hitting the show.

Although it did bring me back to one horrible 80s memory...those shoulder pads

Keep watching...the looks up to this point are still somewhat tame, compared to what start getting in season 5 and beyond :)

it's probably his worst since he was poisoning Jeff in S3.

That was such a classic story.

Sure, Alexis might get angry with him now and then, but she can never stay away from him for long

Well, at least towards the end of the show...

The later seasons are...ok at best. For me, the glory days of the show are seasons 2 to 5, with season 6 being hit and miss but still enjoyable. Seasons 7 and 8 were just not that good, while season 9 was ok, but as I said for reasons above, could have been much better.

The first four seasons are unbelievable soapy goodness. Season 5 starts out really good, with Alexis fighting charges of killing Mark Jennings, but sputters with the boring romance of Amanda and Prince Michael. It ends on an up note, if you will, with the infamous Moldavia wedding, but that plotline was awful from the beginning, and gets worse in S6. Mikey and his pa, King Galin, have nothing to do once they're deposed, but they hang around for much of the season anyway. Seeing Alexis dressed as a nun is a sure win, of course, but the prince and the king are so boring, I couldn't wait for that story to be over. 

Season 6 also has arguably the most ridiculous plotline in the run of the show, the two Krystles. Yes, the camp factor of seeing Linda Evans play her evil double is ramped up sky high, especially when the two finally meet and Linda gets to roll around on the floor with herself. But that story is interminable. There are entire throwaway episodes where nothing happens, we just get to see Krystle crying in the attic for the millionth time. For me, S6 represents the nadir of the series.

The next season wasn't much better, S8 was a bit of an improvement, and S9 wasn't a bad way to go out, all things considered. The last season has a weird feel to it, but it's pretty entertaining. The penultimate episode, "Blasts from the Past", is particularly good, with Fallon finding out she killed Grimes as a little girl and Monica finding out the truth about her father. And the legendary lobby fight holds up quite well. The shots of Sable reaching to grab Alexis's neck as they roll around on the coffee table are hilarious!

It's just a shame they didn't know the ax was about to fall and ended the season with the usual cliffhanger, which we didn't get to see resolved. I don't remember how much resolution was revealed in the subsequent movie. I really don't remember much about that movie, but that's going to change, as Pop is running it the next two days, so it will be waiting on my DVR! I know it's generally regarded by fans as being pretty bad, but I can't wait to watch it again! 

Blake (to Alexis): “This time your boudoir charms may have failed you.”

Blake (after Alexis referenced her 'private affairs'): “Your affairs were about as private as a circus!”

Alexis: “Have some Champagne; I always celebrate when I get what I want.”

Michael: “And do you always get what you want?”

Alexis: “Often enough to run up a heavy bill for Champagne.”

Alexis (after surviving an assassination attempt while campaigning for governor): “It's going to take more than one psychopath with a rifle to keep me out of the running!”

Sable: “An ex parte order, don't you understand plain Latin, Alexis? It means the party's over.”

And a particular favorite, muttered as Adam read the leaving-town note Steven left for Blake:
Adam: “How touching; baby brother's bi-annual bye-bye.”

Edited by DXD526
  • Love 1

Some thoughts on Dynasty: The Reunion ... Not that bad. My expectations were rock bottom considering the panning the fans always give it, so that may have helped. But I enjoyed it more than expected.

Having a fake Adam took some getting used to, but I liked how they redeemed the character. It was nice to see him work to get back into Blake's good graces after he was such a scumbag in S9. And Kirby's good graces! Good to see Kirby again, though a little uncomfortable to watch her warm up to Adam, given their history. It was more fun to watch her kick ass when she, Adam and Miles rescued a kidnapped Jeff. Yes, you read that correctly, those three teaming up to go commando and bust Jeff out of captivity. It's fun, in a very cheesy kind of way. 

I really missed Dex. There was but a passing mention of him, as two randos were discussing how Dex and Alexis fell over the railing and how Dex "didn't do so well". It sounds like they were implying he didn't survive the fall. So Dex, who went on suicide missions into war zones with Daniel Reece and was a general badass, was done in by a little spill over a hotel lobby railing? Talk about irony.

A new catfight! Featuring this line from an incredulous Alexis when Krystle attacks: "What are you doing, you crazy cow?!!"

It was nice to see Steven happy and settled.

I assume the Fallon/Jeff/Miles triangle will pretty much go on forever. It would be interesting if there was a reboot to see how many times she's been married to and divorced from each of them. Actually, I'd love to see a Dynasty reboot. Danny, LB, Krystina and Lauren would all be grown up and running Denver Carrington or Colbyco or getting into other mischief. Fallon, Jeff and Miles would still be torturing each other, and who knows what Adam and Steven would be up to, given what they've been through. I'd love to see it!

According to the Exposition Twins, Alexis landed on top of Dex  which broke her fall but killed him.  I was upset Dominique was excluded from the reunion.  Her plots to the end were already watered down, they could have at least brought her back for the reunion and given her back some of the fire she had in the beginning.  

On one hand I'd love to see a Dynasty revival but on the other given how bad, clueless and disrespectful as the Dallas reboot was...pass.

The Reunion had so many mistakes and letdowns...as per the Reunion, Dex fell over the rail at the Carrington mansion, which, no, he didn't. It was at the hotel.

Also no mention of Dominique, Ben, or Amanda at all during the Reunion? Not even a throw-away line of exposition detailing where they are and why they couldn't be there?

Edited by AndySmith

Amanda was never mentioned again after she left in S7. Not even mentioned. In fact, I seem to remember a moment sometime in the last couple of seasons where Blake was talking about his family and he brought up his three children; not four, three, so Amanda was essentially being erased. It was weird. I know there were problems with Catherine Oxenberg wanting more money, which ticked off TPTB at the show, and Karen Cellini didn't go over well in the part, but to pretend like Amanda never existed after they were both gone? Weird.

Forgot to mention about the Reunion: Wendie Malick!! Getting abused by Alexis!! 

The show truly jumped the shark for me when they replaced Pamela Sue Martin, who owned the part of Fallon, with the boring stiff of Emma Samms.  I didn't even realize how big a part of the show Martin was until she was gone.  Her Fallon could be silly, crazy, bratty, and sexy.  Sometimes all at once.  In her best moments, you could see that she really was part Blake and part Alexis. Poor Emma Samms was like a Stepford clone.  It wasn't really her fault.  She was just badly cast.  I'm convinced that's why The Colbys never really worked.  

• Love 3

I like Emma Samms, but I agree she was no Fallon.  How you go from the brash, very American with slight tomboy streak PSM Fallon to the very British glamour girl ES Fallon is beyond me.   Then again, these are the same people that replaced the British vixen Catherine Oxenberg with the wet blanket Karen Cellini.  

• Love 4

I always thought Dynasty was the most like daytime soaps. They would always recast the actors. Whereas Dallas, Knots Landing & Falcon Crest rarely did. Dallas did it very early on (where few noticed) with Kristen, Jenna & Digger. Dynasty would replace major characters right away and they were never as good as the originals. The original Steven, Fallon & Amanda were the best. The acting (and, writing) were miles ahead with Corely, Martin & Oxenberg.

Well don't forget the whole disaster when Dallas recast Miss Ellie for a year.   I actually felt bad for Donna Reed, but that was horrendous.

What made the original Fallon work so well IMO was that she did have sharp edges.  I got why men would be so nuts about her even while she could drive them nuts in other ways. 

I'm not saying that Martin was some world class actress.  Just that she fit the part to a tee.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1

Emma Samms started finally getting comfortable with Fallon in the eighth season and was actually fun to watch in S9. Pammy Sue was great, though. But the character of Fallon was never the same after she made nice with Krystal. After that, all her edge was gone and she was kind of blah. Even the PSM Fallon was neutered by that. The first couple of seasons bratty little rich girl Fallon was awesome.  

I thought Corely was an OK recast. He was wooden at first but improved nicely as the show went on.

And yes Samms did get better at the end. Plus what helped was Fallon was written better during the 9th season than she had been in ages. She seemed to have finally found her backbone again.

I always felt since they had to do a recast since PSM left, they should have had Tracy Scoggins play Fallon, and Samms should have played Monica Colby.

Something definitely went out of the show when Pamela Sue Martin left the series after season 4 in Spring 1984. Martin brought an elusive quality to the part of Fallon that kept the show grounded no matter how outrageous the show became. She perfectly captured Fallon as being the girl who had everything but who was never quite satisfied.

Martin's absence wasn't felt so much in Season 5 (1984-85) because the character of Fallon was almost like a ghost haunting the characters. Where things really went wrong was with the introduction of Emma Samms as Fallon. Samms takes a lot of heat for her portrayal of Fallon but, in her (partial) defense, the writing for Fallon on The Colbys was terrible. It was as if Fallon had had a lobotomy while she was missing and the character went from being an active driver of story to being a passive bystander in the battle between her ex-husband (Jeff) and her new husband (Miles).

To Samms' credit, I do think she really responded to the much improved writing in Season 9 (1988-89). Some of the old Fallon came back into view and Samms was able to bring a certain amount of spirit back to the character.

• Love 2

And, then Dominique became so boring. What started out as a great character became plain Jane. I don't recall if it was new writers who ruined her or not. They moved her to The Colby's because they didn't know what to do with her. A terrible waste.

Dominique had a decent story in season 5. Season 6 the problem was the producers not seeming to know how to focus on her, she should have either stayed on the mothership show or been transferred to The Colbys full time. She still had good moments and episodes in season 6. Season 7 is where things really fell apart for her. Too bad they didn't follow-up on a relationship between her and Dex that season. They had great chemistry and it would have pissed off Alexis so much.

First historic catfight, from the second-season episode entitled "The Baby," 3/3/82:

Alexis: "Well, now, you look as if you're armed for battle."

Krystle: "I am."

Alexis: "Is it your little niece-- is that it? Are you going to shoot my heart out because I sent her back to the boondocks where she belongs?

Krystle: "Stop the charade, Alexis-- I know. I know what happened that day I was out riding the horse. You shot this gun. It wasn't a car that backfired. You were out shooting and you saw me riding and it was no accident."

Alexis: "You don't know what you're talking about-- you're insane."

Krystle: "You're jealous-- jealous because I was going to give Blake a child, and you couldn't stand that, could you?"

Alexis: "Oh, no, you're jealous because Fallon's had her baby and that's made you even more paranoid. Well, I didn't cause your accident, Krystle, just as I didn't cause your barrenness. So, if you've quite finished--"

Krystle: "I haven't!"

(Alexis then smacks Krystle and the two of them really get it on for close to two minutes, near to dismantling the art studio, until Krystle eventually gets the upper hand at the end)

Krystle, to finish: "If you want a rematch, just whistle... if you can."

• Love 2
On 4/30/2016 at 1:56 PM, jrlr said:

And even more from Alexis, this is a great compilation called "Shit Alexis Says". . .

I just found this on my own and came here to post it. Not surprised it's already here. It's wall to wall super-quotes.

• Love 1
On 2/17/2016 at 11:37 AM, ByaNose said:

I always thought Dynasty was the most like daytime soaps. They would always recast the actors. Whereas Dallas, Knots Landing & Falcon Crest rarely did. Dallas did it very early on (where few noticed) with Kristen, Jenna & Digger. Dynasty would replace major characters right away and they were never as good as the originals. The original Steven, Fallon & Amanda were the best. The acting (and, writing) were miles ahead with Corely, Martin & Oxenberg.

Along with the one year recast of Miss Ellie as stated above, the original Gary was played by David Ackroyd in the "first" season (the mini-series) before he was recast with Ted Shackelford. I thought they were both good. 

On 2/17/2016 at 11:35 PM, AndySmith said:

I thought Corely was an OK recast. He was wooden at first but improved nicely as the show went on.

I think you mean Jack Coleman. Al Corley was the original Steven, who was recast; and then returned for the reunion movie.

I remember how angry Gordon Thompson was in an interview ET had conducted over the movie--that he wasn't even asked to reprise his role. I can't recall the details; all I remember was him being pissed. And I hated the recast for the movie, which was...not good. Blech.  At least some of the Dallas movies were good, in a cheesy soap opera goodness way. Why yes, I'm a Dallas fangurrrl first; followed by Knots Landing and  Dynasty because of Nancy Drew er, I mean Pamela Sue Martin and Charlie Townsend, er, I mean John Forsyth. And of course Audra Barkley. Ahem. I mean Linda Evans.  My memory is fuzzy, but did the late great Barbara Stanwyck and Linda ever share any scenes when they created The Colbys?

I like Emma too--from her days on GH as Holly Sutton. But she was such a bad fit as Fallon. And for me, the first five seasons were the best. Like someone said up thread: such soapy goodness. And I say a BIG FAT NO! to any sequel or reboot or whateverthefuckyouwanttocallit. And especially don't let that hack Cynthia what'sherface get her hands on it.

Why yes, I am still bitter over her turning what should have been a show about the Ewings 20 odd years later to a Telenovella featuring characters that did NOT EXIST in the original. And other things.

Is it still airing on Pop?

• Love 1

but did the late great Barbara Stanwyck and Linda ever share any scenes when they created The Colbys?

I remember always waiting for one because it had to happen, right?  But I don't think it ever did.  Such a pity.

I would have also liked to see Joan Collins do a scene with Stanwyck just to try to gauge the chemistry.   But I don't think they ever did one either.  I could tell Stanywick liked John James, but I don't think it showed on screen that she supposedly didn't like Tracy Scoggins.

I'd also like to add the while I always enjoyed Katherine Ross in movies, especially in The Graduate, it was obvious she was a bad fit and uncomfortable on The Colbys .  I wonder if it is a coincidence that I don't think she tried to continue a TV career after that.  

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1
On 8/27/2016 at 1:49 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I say a BIG FAT NO! to any sequel or reboot or whateverthefuckyouwanttocallit. And especially don't let that hack Cynthia what'sherface get her hands on it.

Unfortunately for you, a reboot is already in the works -- with a Hispanic Krystal Carrington.

I just started re-watching The Colbys. Do they ever explain why if Sable and Francesca are sisters, one has an British accent and the other doesn't? It's really bugging me.

I agree that Emma Samms isn't a great Fallon. 

On 8/27/2016 at 4:42 PM, vb68 said:

I'd also like to add the while I always enjoyed Katherine Ross in movies, especially in The Graduate, it was obvious she was a bad fit and uncomfortable on The Colbys .  I wonder if it is a coincidence that I don't think she tried to continue a TV career after that.  

Katharine is terrible in this. And that's saying something with all the dodgy acting on this show.

• Love 1

Well, American-born and raised Fallon picked up an English accent when she came back from the dead and England-raised Amanda gained an American accent when she was recast so The Dynasty folks weren't the most consistent on accents.  At least with Blake's brother they tried to explain his Aussie accent by saying he lived in the Outback for years.

• Love 1

It was also interesting that Frankie had lived in Europe for years and had no accent, while Sable had been married to an American and living in America for years, and had a British accent. And as mentioned, Fallon came back to life sporting a British accent, and Amanda lost her accent after having a near-death experience. 

Still love these shows despite the ridiculousness. Maybe partially because of it!

Steven has them all beat.  Forget accents.  There was a whole plot about why he looked different after being blown up on an oil rig.  But when they get to the reunion movie suddenly he looks like pre-explosion Steven again.    

• Love 2
(edited)

I also find it weird that Sable spends her time worrying about Jeff being a Colby, but never mentions that he is also her nephew through Frankie.

I can't believe how much I'm into The Colbys again. I have to make myself stop watching at night. It's so addictive. I didn't realize Dynasty was on Amazon Prime. I'm gonna have to start that now, too.

Edited by Writing Wrongs
On 3/4/2017 at 1:44 PM, Maverick said:

Steven has them all beat.  Forget accents.  There was a whole plot about why he looked different after being blown up on an oil rig.  But when they get to the reunion movie suddenly he looks like pre-explosion Steven again.    

And that because they couldn't get Jack Coleman back for The Reunion in 1991, and had to settle for Al Corley, IIRC. 

43 minutes ago, bmasters9 said:

And that because they couldn't get Jack Coleman back for The Reunion in 1991, and had to settle for Al Corley, IIRC. 

Settle for? I was actually glad for it! Corley was always Steven for me. All I remember from the reunion movie fracas was how they had to recast Adam, for reasons.  According to a very irate and angry Gordon Thompson, TPTB never even approached or asked him to reprise his role, which he would have said yes, if asked.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, AndySmith said:

I thought he was asked, but the producers of Santa Barbra wouldn't give him time off to film the reunion?

I don't know. All my young self remembers is the ET Interview I saw, and he said how they didn't even ask. I remember never seeing Thompson so visibly angry before.

I also recall not being pleased at having a recast Adam. Nothing against the actor, but he just wasn't Adam.

Yes, my understanding is that he was asked and wanted, but they wouldn't schedule the shooting around his Santa Barbara schedule.  I wish Dominque had come back in the reunion.  They could have eliminated Kirby.  I mean really, as anyone clamoring to revisit this long-ago written out character given there were only 4 hours to wrap things up?  I also don't know why they killed off Dex, if they didn't want the character back or the actor wouldn't return.

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 4:42 PM, vb68 said:

I remember always waiting for one because it had to happen, right?  But I don't think it ever did.  Such a pity.

I would have also liked to see Joan Collins do a scene with Stanwyck just to try to gauge the chemistry.   But I don't think they ever did one either.  I could tell Stanywick liked John James, but I don't think it showed on screen that she supposedly didn't like Tracy Scoggins.

Maybe I'm misremembering this but I think Stanwyck and Evans did have a scene together in the Fall of 1985 when the Colbys came to Denver. It was at the party at the Carrington mansion but I think it was 'Rita as Krystle' who played the scene with Constance Colby (Stanwyck).

Joan Collins famously refused to appear on The Colby's because she thought the launch of the spin-off diluted the main show and led to the ratings drop in Season 6. I do think Spelling&co. launched the spin-off one year too late but that wasn't the main reason why the mother show declined. In my opinion, more important factors were the unsatisfactory resolution of the Moldavian Massacre cliffhanger (only Ali Macgraw and Billy Campbell's characters died), the Krystle-Rita mess that went on forever, the lingering Moldavian storylines and characters, and -- yes -- Joan Collins' salary strike which caused her to miss the first episode of the season.

We never got Collins-Stanwyck but we did get Beacham-Stanwyck which was one of the best things about The Colby's.

Katharine Ross was miscast as Francesca and it didn't help that Stephanie Beacham gave a performance in overdrive as Sable. Also, it didn't help Ross that the character of Francesca, as written, was a much more vacillating and morally ambiguous character than Krystle was on Dynasty. In the hands of another actress, Francesca could have been a fascinating anti-heroine. As it played out, though, "Frankie" was kind of a dead weight in the Sable-Jason-Francesca-Zach quartet.

Edited by Jan Spears

And...here is the new Dynasty 2.0 trailer. A few interesting plot twists from the original. Not sure if I am sold on it, but I can at least the production values are definitely way better than the Dallas sequel got.

• Love 1

Way OTT! I'm not sure I'm shipping this. At least, I could buy John Forsythe as being the father of Fallon & Steven. He was 63 years old and Pamela Sue Martin was 28. I think Grant Show is 55 and he looks better then the "kids". LOL!!! I might watch the first episode but I'm 52 now and I think I'm over the prime time soap stuff. The new Carrington mansion is pretty impressive. I wonder where it's located and who really owns it. Jay Z & Beyonce? Kanye & Kim K? LOL!!!

• Love 1

I thought they were straining too hard for camp in the trailer. The camp always felt organic on the original series whereas this came across as everyone overdoing it.

Definitely missed the original theme song (although that may appear in the actual series.) Also, The new Carrington mansion lacks the stately quality of the Carrington mansion on Dynasty or the Colby mansion on The Colby's. Sammy Joe for Sammi Jo? He has a lot to live up to! I'm not sure about the new take on Krystle. Based on what was in the trailer, it moves the character a fair distance from the established character of Krystle Carrington.

Will watch but the trailer reminded me of The Charlie's Angels reboot from a few seasons past in which they got the tone all wrong.

• Love 1

I'll give it a chance, but nighttime soap reboots have generally been a fail (looking at you MP and Dallas).  Dallas was only watchable because of the original actors reprising their roles in a meaningful way (as opposed to the weird, out of character cameos on MP).  This apparently has the original creators involved so that's a plus.  But this is a reboot so instead of continuing the story we'll be comparing to the original.

It looks like they're staying fairly true to the original pilot plot with Blake and Krystal's wedding and seem to be focusing on the characters from the original pilot--even Michael the chauffeur and Joseph.    Sammy Joe is the notable exception being introduced a season or so early but the gender flip is a genius idea (curious to see if there's a Danny in this version).   I wonder if they're just following the pilot and going in a different direction after that or intended to somewhat follow the first season.  I didn't see Matthew or Claudia and the Blaisdal's drove a huge amount of plot in the first season.  Hopefully they're not bringing in Alexis at the beginning; it doesn't work marrying off Blake and having her pop up a week later.

Inserting Krystal into Denver-Carrington is an interesting idea, but I don't know why they made her a shady character.  Krystle was the 'everywoman' thrust into thee world of power and greed.   She was the only halfway decent person there to contrast the sharks.  They've completely thrown the core essence of the character out the window.

The new Fallon is--not great.  Kinda awful, actually.  Fallon is a hard role to cast (as the producers found out in the original) and maybe no one could do justice to Pamela Sue Martin but they could have come a lot closer than this.  Hopefully she'll be the first Carrington child recast.  Oh, and where's  Jeff?  

• Love 1