Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
PsychedelicTrip

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

I have watched a zillion house shows and I don't think I have ever seen a dishwasher under a wall oven under a microwave. Would that even pass a building inspection? I am flabbergasted at seeing that dishwasher right under the oven. 

BB184qVJ.img?h=582&w=1119&m=6&q=60&u=t&o

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 4

1 hour ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I have watched a zillion house shows and I don't think I have ever seen a dishwasher under a wall oven under a microwave. Would that even pass a building inspection? I am flabbergasted at seeing that dishwasher right under the oven. 

BB184qVJ.img?h=582&w=1119&m=6&q=60&u=t&o

You're right!  I didn't even see that.  From the picture it looks like each one is stacked on another, too.  Plus, who can reach that microwave?

What a disaster.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1

How many times did she leave something in the microwave above her head to reheat it and forget it was up there?  The range also is oddly installed.  If you were standing at the end of the counter, you'd have to reach over the burners to turn down the flame. 

The outside of the house is interesting.  It looks like something that dates back to old Hollywood.  But it was renovated cheaply and probably not up to code.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

15 hours ago, boes said:

You're right!  I didn't even see that.  From the picture it looks like each one is stacked on another, too.  Plus, who can reach that microwave?

What a disaster.

I didn't notice that stacked up mess at first either. I just want that damn shower in the bathroom.

• Laugh 3

15 hours ago, boes said:

What a disaster.

Somebody missed the "form follows function" section at design school.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

25 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Somebody missed the "form follows function" section at design school.

My mom owned a kitchen and bath remodeling business. There is such a thing in kitchen design as a "work triangle". The triangle being composed of the range/oven, sink and refrigerator. This is more like a work ping pong ball.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

On 8/19/2020 at 9:17 AM, peacheslatour said:

My mom owned a kitchen and bath remodeling business. There is such a thing in kitchen design as a "work triangle". The triangle being composed of the range/oven, sink and refrigerator. This is more like a work ping pong ball.

And there is a reason dishwashers are put next to the sink - so you don't drip water on the floor while loading the dishwasher.  Someone is likely to slip, fall & crack their head open.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And there is a reason dishwashers are put next to the sink - so you don't drip water on the floor while loading the dishwasher.  Someone is likely to slip, fall & crack their head open.

It also has to do with plumbing. You put the things that are plumbed to the waterline next to each other.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, peacheslatour said:

It also has to do with plumbing. You put the things that are plumbed to the waterline next to each other.

Yes, and can you image how many plumbing & electrical connections are behind that stack of appliances?  The current code in my area requires each of them to be on its own circuit.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Shame on B&B for letting her go, but good for Courtney!

I wonder if she’ll be playing Sally. I know Eileen Davidson & Kimberlin Brown were on Y&R originally and they landed at B&B playing their characters. Of course, I think they were around the Bill Bell days and he “owned” the characters. Now, Brad Bell’s team created Sally so I wonder if they would allow it. Either way she might do well there but Y&R has a boatload of woman characters now and they don’t even write for them. 

• Like 4

I would love to see her continue as Sally but so long as she's onscreen, period, I'm a happy camper. 

• Like 7

The two shows were pretty separate entities by the time Amber came to Y&R, weren't they?  I hope it's Sally, too, but I love CH, so I'm good either way!  Maybe Sally will de-shmattafy Chelsea 2.375.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Glad to see MTS has a sense of humor about the dragging Nikki's been getting over her hair/wig:

Our long national nightmare will be over soon, lol!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 14

On 8/23/2020 at 8:28 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Glad to see MTS has a sense of humor about the dragging Nikki's been getting over her hair/wig:

Our long national nightmare will be over soon, lol!

Yes but will they have a proper burial for the dead carcass know as Wig?

• Laugh 7

You know you're watching too much Y&R when you see this:

yn.jpg.e49304239eac2c048e8d7d010d0b89c1.jpg

and you immediately wonder when Phyllis will be seen wearing them. 🤗

Actually, the new actress coming on board, Courtney Hope, would slay in those pants. Grandma Phyllis is slim but maybe not quite enough, IMO. 😼

• Laugh 5

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

You know you're watching too much Y&R when you see this:

yn.jpg.e49304239eac2c048e8d7d010d0b89c1.jpg

and you immediately wonder when Phyllis will be seen wearing them. 🤗

Actually, the new actress coming on board, Courtney Hope, would slay in those pants. Grandma Phyllis is slim but maybe not quite enough, IMO. 😼

"Wake up the gimp."

• Laugh 7

Y&R/CBS has announced that Courtney Love Hope will be reprising her B&B role as Sally Spectra on Y&R. Guess that means she'll be interacting with Chelsea and Lauren. Wonder what guy they'll hook Sally up with? Hmm, Theo's available. So is Jack but she's way too young for him. Uhhhh, Billy?

Sigh, I was hoping they'd make her a new character. Sally comes to GC with some loser baggage, unfortunately. Here's hoping she'll take GC by storm!

Edited by Joimiaroxeu · Reason: lol, hole?
  • Like 3
  • Useful 4

I am thrilled that she will be Sally Spectra. She is such a great character and she certainly can shake things up in GC.

• Like 4

Courtney Hope is so talented and full of life. Her boyfriend is Chad Duell, the most boring person on the planet who couldn’t act his way out of a paper bag. Go figure. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

55 minutes ago, crowsworks said:

didn't Sally have some fatal illness on B&B?

It is also confusing because Darlene Conley played Rose (unwed mother Nina's baby stealer) on Y&R before playing Sally Spectra on B&B (and Darlene died in 2007). Courtney Hope looks young enough to be her granddaughter. And they both have red hair.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, deirdra said:

It is also confusing because Darlene Conley played Rose (unwed mother Nina's baby stealer) on Y&R before playing Sally Spectra on B&B (and Darlene died in 2007). Courtney Hope looks young enough to be her granddaughter. And they both have red hair.

Courtney Hope is Darlene’s granddaughter.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

49 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I’m in Canada so I can’t see the vid. Could someone please describe it in undercover as a spoiler?

Spoiler

A couple of flashbacks showing that she was a rebel and a tough cookie. That she loved Ashley and didn't regret sleeping with Brett. Then they current Abbotts toast her for having lived a good life so I assume Dina is dead? Then Marla makes a charming speech while cast and crew applaud. Very touching and well done.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Awww Man! I'm not ready. Dina is flawed AF but I still love her. I hope the Marla is well. It would be the perfect time to bring John back for a final moment.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

It would be the perfect time to bring John back for a final moment.  

ICAM. I even checked on IMDb to see if Jerry Douglas is up to anything acting-wise. Unless he's doing theater, it doesn't appear that he's busy. It would be wonderful if they showed Dina and John reunited in the afterlife.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Thanks peeps! You’re the best 😘

Oh man, this is going to kill me. 

Marla has been fabulous throughout her years on the show, such a beauty and a great talent. I’m going to miss her!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Right now I'm watching a Lifetime movie called "Adopted in Danger" that came out last year, and I was surprised to see Theo in it.

He's still lookin' greasy as always in a leather jacket, lol.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

a Lifetime movie called "Adopted in Danger"

Heh, my online library has it. I am so watching it since having a recent Lifetime movie on his resume probably helped Tyler Johnson (Theo) get hired at Y&R.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Haven't seen today's show yet but I did watch "Adopted in Danger," the movie referenced upthread. The IMDb description is:

When a DNA test helps Candace connect with her birth parents, she realizes some family histories are better left untold.

My takes:

• A poor level of acting by most of the cast, including some of the leads. Most of the actors would be laughed off a daytime soap. Tyler Johnson (Theo) was actually one of the better performers IMO.
  • There were plot holes so wide you could drive the space shuttle through them. I found an enormous suspension of disbelief was required at times to stick with the movie.
  • One actor was clearly wearing lifts in his shoes. He had that weird lean forward with his knees locked that usually gives it away. I was surprised he let them film him standing like that but maybe he didn't have the clout to prevent it.
  • One actress was trying rather hard to emphasize her thigh gap. Her legs were kind of thin and shapeless relative to the rest of her body so she often resembled a double-stick Popsicle to me. 😼

And again I noted TJ's gigantic hands. In this movie sometimes it seemed like they had a life of their own and he didn't know what to do with them. Hee.

Verdict: 4/10, would not watch again.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

I see Jason Brooks was one of the leads. He was on DOOL back in the day -  I think he and Melissa Reeves were having an affair and her husband Scott Reeves (Ryan from Y&R) caught them in flagrante delicto, and because of it she left the show and broke her contract.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

One actor was clearly wearing lifts in his shoes. He had that weird lean forward with his knees locked that usually gives it away. 

Ah yes, the classic " centaur with no back legs pose" that men who wear lifts adopt to keep from falling on their faces.

• Laugh 4

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Haven't seen today's show yet but I did watch "Adopted in Danger," the movie referenced upthread. The IMDb description is:

When a DNA test helps Candace connect with her birth parents, she realizes some family histories are better left untold.

My takes:

• A poor level of acting by most of the cast, including some of the leads. Most of the actors would be laughed off a daytime soap. Tyler Johnson (Theo) was actually one of the better performers IMO.
  • There were plot holes so wide you could drive the space shuttle through them. I found an enormous suspension of disbelief was required at times to stick with the movie.
  • One actor was clearly wearing lifts in his shoes. He had that weird lean forward with his knees locked that usually gives it away. I was surprised he let them film him standing like that but maybe he didn't have the clout to prevent it.
  • One actress was trying rather hard to emphasize her thigh gap. Her legs were kind of thin and shapeless relative to the rest of her body so she often resembled a double-stick Popsicle to me. 😼

And again I noted TJ's gigantic hands. In this movie sometimes it seemed like they had a life of their own and he didn't know what to do with them. Hee.

Verdict: 4/10, would not watch again.

I would make these points about most of the Lifetime movies.  I watch them when there's not much else on tv (I don't stream anything) and watching the D-level actors do crazy stuff.   

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

15 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I would make these points about most of the Lifetime movies.  I watch them when there's not much else on tv (I don't stream anything) and watching the D-level actors do crazy stuff.   

They were having Rizzoli and Isles for a while. That's the only thing I watched on there.

• Like 3

Long ago Lifetime used to have a range of original movies then they started churning out these "thriller" TV movies as fast as Hallmark's never ending "romcoms". When people used to make fun of Lifetime advertising themselves as a channel for women at least they had watchable programming. 

It all reminds me of the downturn in quality soaps have been on for so many years when at one time they were able to tell social issue stories without them turning into a disaster of their own. I hate that Theo became a victim of one RC tried to write. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

40 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Long ago Lifetime used to have a range of original movies then they started churning out these "thriller" TV movies as fast as Hallmark's never ending "romcoms". When people used to make fun of Lifetime advertising themselves as a channel for women at least they had watchable programming. 

It all reminds me of the downturn in quality soaps have been on for so many years when at one time they were able to tell social issue stories without them turning into a disaster of their own. I hate that Theo became a victim of one RC tried to write. 

Yeah, their police procedurals used to be laughable but in recent years, they've made them a lot more believable.

• Like 2