Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Maybe she is referring to Victoria Rowell, the other bridge-burner.

I would have thought that too if the interview wasn't recent. MS and VR kissed and made up recently so I can't see MS getting VR all pissed again. LOL

I am wondering why the hell this is even on the Young and Restless site, and why it would it be a topic on it's own.  Surely this belongs in the Phyllis thread or maybe not even there.  I don't think it belongs anywhere.  Michelle Stafford has been off this show for a year and I don't understand why she is still a topic at all.  Maybe the backstage drama thread?

• Love 3
Oh and of course I'll remind you as I do at every opportunity that I've been fucked a lot by guys because I am totally, completely heterosexual.

The hilarity just never ends.

I don't know why she doesn't get together with David Lee Roth, they can be each other's beard.

• Love 5

I haven't read the article you linked yet. Even though MS is gone there is still an interest when she does something that relates to YR. It probably could have gone in the backstage drama media thread. I wouldn't put it in the Phyllis thread because she isn't Phyllis anymore. If you start the thread, do you have the ability to move the thread to another thread? Just curious. 

I constantly have a problem about where to post comments   Like the comments about Peter Bergman's 25th Anniversary thing - do they go under his thread, under backstage drama,  under daily episodes, or in a new thread?  I guess I just have to let the mods move stuff around when they find I've put it in the wrong place.  It makes me feel stupid sometimes, because I can't decide.  

• Love 3

I would have thought that too if the interview wasn't recent. MS and VR kissed and made up recently so I can't see MS getting VR all pissed again. LOL

Did not know that!  So then I am going to guess she is talking about Sharon Case, although I wouldn't have thought that of her.   Maybe she's talking about MTS? Or ED?

It's funny she compares herself to all those celebrities and A List geniuses... I wanna say maybe because she wants to give us a frame of reference in an obscure way. But again funny because in some ways she reminds me of- not those A Listers she mentioned- but other ones for sure.

Also I think any workplace has drama. but one where there's HUGE egos and shit loads of money at stake and thrown around. Yup.

• Love 3
Oh dear, I am just into the first couple questions and already smacking my head. Seriously? You are comparing yourself to Larry David and Mindy Kaling??? I have moved on from talking about MM and MS lately but seriously. They give me so many things that feed my fascination with watching narcissists in action. It's not so much that I am fascinated with those two but it is the actual mental thing that is intriguing to me. There are patterns and both of them follow the same pattern. Between the Australian interview with MM and now this. Huh.

This is where I am. I am fascinated. They choose to play out their psychic dramas in public and I am drawn to it. I'm of the view that these types out themselves eventually as the narcissistic freaks they are. MM did it with his ridiculous exit from the Y&R, which has carried on just fine without him. 

MS did herself no favours with that classless interview. "It's refreshing to play opposite another woman who isn't trying to upstage me" -- or something like that; I'm not clicking on the story again to check exactly what she said. Seriously? Who the fuck was trying to upstage you and if she were, who the fuck cares? You've left. You don't CARE about the show any more. Right?

How powerless does MS feel to be compelled to do an interview like this? I honestly do not understand how anyone can like this woman. She actually horrifies me.

• Love 4

all the hate for MS sorta validates me---I often wonder how I can dislike an actress so much---over the years I have disliked many many characters and I have hated many storylines but MS stands alone as an obnoxious person and character and storyline---there have been others that I hated in one thing or another but then they re-invent themselves on another show and OK------not so with the uglee mantis---she is just so hateful and miserable and not likeable---I do not watch her on GH and I have a fondness for Roger Howarth from years ago but with HER---just NO---I will pass on all of it even if it means I have no soaps left---

• Love 8

all the hate for MS sorta validates me---I often wonder how I can dislike an actress so much---over the years I have disliked many many characters and I have hated many storylines but MS stands alone as an obnoxious person and character and storyline---there have been others that I hated in one thing or another but then they re-invent themselves on another show and OK------not so with the uglee mantis---she is just so hateful and miserable and not likeable---I do not watch her on GH and I have a fondness for Roger Howarth from years ago but with HER---just NO---I will pass on all of it even if it means I have no soaps left---

This latest interview validates for me the way I have always felt about her...she does seem to be quite the troublemaker with her little innuendos...I have always thought she was that tool Nelson Branco's snitch...still cozzying up to him, he will probable be privy to a lot of GH spoilers soon....he certainly seems to have lost his inside scoops for Y&R..

Edited by Canadian
  • Love 5

Radishcake, thank you for moving this discussion to the proper thread. Old bad habits linger from another board, so my apologies. I should have put it here in the first place.

My loathing for this "actress" feels completely justified yet again. Hell will freeze over before I ever watch GH again now. Good observation about NB no longer getting Y&R scoops. No surprise why.

• Love 4

This is where I am. I am fascinated. They choose to play out their psychic dramas in public and I am drawn to it. I'm of the view that these types out themselves eventually as the narcissistic freaks they are. MM did it with his ridiculous exit from the Y&R, which has carried on just fine without him. 

MS did herself no favours with that classless interview. "It's refreshing to play opposite another woman who isn't trying to upstage me" -- or something like that; I'm not clicking on the story again to check exactly what she said. Seriously? Who the fuck was trying to upstage you and if she were, who the fuck cares? You've left. You don't CARE about the show any more. Right?

How powerless does MS feel to be compelled to do an interview like this? I honestly do not understand how anyone can like this woman. She actually horrifies me.

I am baffled too I find nothing likable about her at all.Her bragging about her hot bod and all the men that she's had or the ones after her,like her gynecologist,is so weird.She tries too hard to convince people of her busy sex life.If you gotta talk about it you probably ain't getting any!She comes across in interviews exactly like her character Phyllis Summers.I don't think there is a difference there.They are one and the same.Even Nina is played like Phyllis.And about the other actor/woman? that tried to upstage her! Surely she is joking right?How on earth could any one ever upstage this hammy OTT Norma Desmond?

• Love 7

OK--I was feeling kinda bad for letting "that woman" rile me up and make me rant AGAIN---but then someone mentioned the treatment of Michael Fairman and it all came raging back---and Nellie Branco her biggest cheerleader does the interview? ---eh---trying to move on now and give the rest of my disgust to the neanderthal and Dullard.

• Love 5

OK--I was feeling kinda bad for letting "that woman" rile me up and make me rant AGAIN---but then someone mentioned the treatment of Michael Fairman and it all came raging back---and Nellie Branco her biggest cheerleader does the interview? ---eh---trying to move on now and give the rest of my disgust to the neanderthal and Dullard.

Pisses me off treating Murphy like that.

• Love 4

Michelle...Michelle.....what a dumb classless bitch.  You never really quite know when to shut that piehole of yours.  I don't know whether to laugh or be embarrassed for her.   I think for now, embarrassed.  She really showed her ass on that interview and I can imagine how many of her former peers and current GH peers are cringing.   

I'll give her about 3-5 years if even that long and we'll see how wonderful she thinks GH and the cast and writers are.   She will wish she'd never left Phyllis when they tire of Nina Clay and the great MS.   Better save your pennies Michelle...because this will absolutely be your last gig, unless DOOL is still around and wants your lousy ass.   

Dumb bitch. 

Meanwhile Gina as Phyllis continues to slay and show how easily replaceable MS is and was all along.    Phyllis has never looked or been a better character.   

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 8
I know BM's leaving is very old news but I thought this video was kinda' funny.

I hadn't seen that one before. Thanks!

My favourite remains the one about budget cuts and the paper bag. Hilarious.

Now, if the show could only be done as well as the parodies...

• Love 4

I saw her on "The Dog Whisperer" a few years back. The family dog was a terror, the bratty kid drove it nuts, and she came across as a bonehead.  :-)

I saw that episode with Cesar and he even commented rather snidely at the end about how wonderful the dog would be but the kid was another story!  LOL  I thought it was a daughter she had on that show but apparently they have a son!  It was rather disappointing to see how Hollywood she is.  In one of the promos for RH they show some botoxed broad throwing a drink in her face.....really?  

• Love 2

I saw that episode with Cesar and he even commented rather snidely at the end about how wonderful the dog would be but the kid was another story! LOL I thought it was a daughter she had on that show but apparently they have a son! It was rather disappointing to see how Hollywood she is. In one of the promos for RH they show some botoxed broad throwing a drink in her face.....really?

I think it was that idiot train wreck Brandi Glanville the one whose husband Eddie Cibrian cheated with and then married singer LeAnn Rimes. From what I gather moron Brandi was screeching at ED about some ancient history of when Eddie was on Y&R that ED flirting with him. I feel even if true that was many years ago and who gives a shit the dude dumped her like a bad habit. Brandi also said ED wears boring shoes.

IMHO only trashy people in RL throw drinks in a persons face especially if its over jealousy issues of some trashy guy an it's even more psycho if over a ten or more year old perceived slight.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 5

Both of those stories are very sad. That drunk driver who beat the actor who played a bartender is an asshole for drunk driving and being a violent dick.

Also, my condolences to Kristoff/Neil on the death of his young son. That's heartbreaking.

• Love 5

Joshua Morrow is the guest on the latest episode of Aisha Tyler's podcast, Girl on Guy. (Likely NSFW due to "adult" language.)

FYI, Aisha is one of the hosts on the CBS show The Talk so this has the fine hand of several corporate PR flacks all over it (IMO). I could see several people from the Y&R cast being interviewed on GOG but JM would be one of the last. Excuse me while I go over here and try to stop my eyes from rolling.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2

So I guess the guy that played Ryan lives here (in Nashville) and is a songwriter?  I saw Steve Burton doing another local commercial and the same day that he and Morrow are doing their bro-tour here, he's also hosting (?) a writers round featuring Ryan McNeil.  I'm watching Nashville (the show) and he just popped up in a role as a country music manager.

• Love 2

Yeah, Scott Reeves, right? Melissa Reeves, his wife, plays Jennifer on DOOL.

Joshua Morrow is the guest on the latest episode of Aisha Tyler's podcast, Girl on Guy. (Likely NSFW due to "adult" language.)

FYI, Aisha is one of the hosts on the CBS show The Talk so this has the fine hand of several corporate PR flacks all over it (IMO). I could see several people from the Y&R cast being interviewed on GOG but JM would be one of the last. Excuse me while I go over here and try to stop my eyes from rolling.

Aisha Tyler also hosts Whose Line Is It Anyway? on the CW. She's pretty funny - I didn't think Drew Carey could be replaced, but she's good!

• Love 1

SOD released its Best & Worst of 2014 issue.  Here are the categories Y&R "won":

Most Improved Show

Best Story: Summer's Paternity (this actually tied with Sami getting revenge on EJ and Abigail on Days Of Our Lives)

Worst Story: Neil/Hilary/Devon

Best Plot Twist: Mariah Is Cassie's Twin

Best Use Of History: Dylan Is Paul & Nikki's Son

Worst Use Of History: Katherine's Will

Worst Goodbye: Chloe

Worst Triangle: Kelly/Jack/Phyllis

Best Wedding: Nick & Sharon's Non-Wedding

Best Marital Conflict: Victor & Nikki

Best Villain: Ian Ward

• Love 2

Victor and Nikki as Best Marital Conflict? Any conflict usually goes like this - Victor lies about something pretty important and/or pulls some sneaky underhanded bs that blows up in his face, Nikki gets pissed, Victor barks that it was allforthegoodofthefamilyyougotthat?, Nikki runs off and drinks, Victor is oblivious to said drinking and goes about his TGVN business. I know these SOD lists are bullcrap, but could they not have chosen a couple who exhibits healthy conflict - by that I mean they face challenges, work through them as a couple, and come out stronger because of it? Guess those don't really exist in a soap world - far too boring and realistic when we could have emotional and verbal abuse instead. Maybe it should be entitled "Best Exhibit of Unhealthy/Toxic Marital Conflict" to reflect the chosen couple's dysfunctional relationship.

And Best Wedding as a non-wedding where the groom, having pledged his utmost devotion, love, and support to his bride-to-be no matter her secrets or issues, does a total 180 and acts like a complete soulless douchebag to her the second he finds out about a mistake she made while suffering from an untreated, very serious mental illness? Wow.

ETA - Just realized that SOD was probably referring to the Return of FrankenPhyllis wedding...either way, ugh, poor choice.

Edited by PinkCupcake
  • Love 2

SOD released its Best & Worst of 2014 issue.  Here are the categories Y&R "won":

Most Improved Show

Best Story: Summer's Paternity (this actually tied with Sami getting revenge on EJ and Abigail on Days Of Our Lives)

Worst Story: Neil/Hilary/Devon

Best Plot Twist: Mariah Is Cassie's Twin

Best Use Of History: Dylan Is Paul & Nikki's Son

Worst Use Of History: Katherine's Will

Worst Goodbye: Chloe

Worst Triangle: Kelly/Jack/Phyllis

Best Wedding: Nick & Sharon's Non-Wedding

Best Marital Conflict: Victor & Nikki

Best Villain: Ian Ward

I have to agree with the Shick non wedding.That was one of the most beautiful almost weddings I have ever seen.

• Love 4