Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Has the clock started for how long it takes for TPTB to dump JT for Billy Miller? Of course, Billy Miller might be heading right to prime time but I’m sure it’s being tossed around quite seriously at Y&R. I know AH would love it as would JM. They were really upset when he left. I always thought BM looked more like an Abbott. Which is odd since Thompson looks more like JW son than any of the previous Billy’s . Time will tell. It’s time that BM pecs come home where they belong. LOL!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
On 7/26/2019 at 9:21 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Not really. It just looks that way. I've been sitting on the "r-word" in regard to this matter for a few days now. There's probably another "ism" that applies too but I'll leave that one alone.

YR just fired its only female Black actor who is a named character. I'm thinking if it looks like duck and quacks like a duck it likely is a duck. Or not.

(BTW, there is another soap forum where the posters are doing a fairly insightful analysis of what happened with the Ana character. I'm not going to link to it but it's easily found by googling. Warning, that site is not for the faint of heart.)

could you shoot me the link :)

On 7/28/2019 at 5:00 PM, peacheslatour said:

Good on EB. What a load of crap. MTS looks fantastic. She's a very beautiful woman and any woman of any age would be lucky to look as good as she does.

I know he is hated so much here so I don't usually say much but I fucking love EB :)

• Love 2
On 7/28/2019 at 9:01 PM, Gam2 said:

I think it’s ridiculous for soap actors to argue with viewers on Twitter or Facebook. You’re people in the public eye, you’re on a soap opera and subject to criticism. And you get your feelings hurt when viewers critique or criticize you? If you’re that thin skinned, then maybe you need to find a different career. EB sounds just like Victor in his tweets. I think he’s gotten his character confused with him self. 

if someone wants to be a douche and tag them then they deserve whatever they get.. I applaud EB for defending his friend.

• Love 3

I don't know if her firing was race based or simply that the writers grew bored with the character. They probably thought it was a great idea at the time but then got distracted by the next shiny new toy. That's not a reflection on her in the least nor is it an excuse for them. Just a fact of life in TV land. 

I know I was bored with the character and her smugness. But she's a Millennial. That's how they roll lol!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I know I was bored with the character and her smugness. But she's a Millennial. That's how they roll lol!

1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

It’s really not.

You're right, Ninjapenguins, they're not.  I'm lucky enough to have a bit more than a baker's dozen of millenials in my tribe of a family and they're bright, engaged, funny and sometimes just as big a pain in the ass as I was at their age.  I see them engaged with the world around them in different ways than I was, because the world around them IS different than it was for me.  I love 'em and hope for the best and that fact that they are still bursting with hope while mine is depleted, well, that gives me hope.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, boes said:

You're right, Ninjapenguins, they're not.  I'm lucky enough to have a bit more than a baker's dozen of millenials in my tribe of a family and they're bright, engaged, funny and sometimes just as big a pain in the ass as I was at their age.  I see them engaged with the world around them in different ways than I was, because the world around them IS different than it was for me.  I love 'em and hope for the best and that fact that they are still bursting with hope while mine is depleted, well, that gives me hope.

I teach mainly millennials of university age. And I don't think I see any significant rise in the number of entitled or passive students compared to twenty years ago. There are always some at any point.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, spinxella said:

WOW! How dare Jordi complain about airtime.

He's 4th in episode counts so far this year! 

He should be thankful as hell. IMO his character, and his portrayal of him, are very blah. I don't understand the need for a Rey at all, Y&R doesn't use it's police department that often. Paul can handle the little that does come up.

January-July 2019 Episode Ranking
A total of 149 episodes aired this year

1. Joshua Morrow (Nick Newman) : 101

2. Michael Mealor (Kyle Abbott) : 87

3. Amelia Heinle (Victoria Newman) : 84

4. Jordi Vilasuso (Rey Rosales) : 81

5. Sharon Case (Sharon Newman) : 80

6. Jason Thompson (Billy Abbott) : 79

7. Sasha Calle (Lola Rosales) : 74

8. Peter Bergman (Jack Abbott) : 72

9. Melody Thomas-Scott (Nikki Newman) : 69

10. Hunter King (Summer Newman) : 68

11. Melissa Ordway (Abby Newman) : 65

12. Eric Braeden (Victor Newman) : 63

13. Gina Tognoni (Phyllis Summers) : 59

14. Camryn Grimes (Mariah Copeland) : 56

15. Bryton James (Devon Hamilton) : 48

16. Mark Grossman (Adam Newman) : 46

17. Noemi Gonzalez (Mia Rosales) : 45

18. Loren Lott (Ana Hamilton) : 44

19. Jason Canela (Arturo Rosales) : 42

20. Cait Fairbanks (Tessa Porter) : 41

*. Christian LeBlanc (Michael Baldwin) : 41

22. Daniel Goddard (Cane Ashby) : 40

23. Beth Maitland (Traci Abbott) : 32

24. Brytni Sarpy (Elena Dawson) : 29

25. Sean Dominic (Nate Hastings) : 27

26. Alice Hunter (Kerry Johnson) : 24

27. Lauralee Bell (Christine Williams) : 23

*. Tracey E. Bregman (Lauren Fenmore Baldwin) : 23

29. Michelle Stafford (Phyllis Summers) : 21

30. Doug Davidson (Paul Williams) : 20

Edited by LongtimeYRfan
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Really? The actors who play ReyRey and Cane are begging for viewers to write, support, like their characters? If we liked you, you’d be in a major story line already. You two are not good actors. 

• Love 14
59 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

If we liked you, you’d be in a major story line already

Not necessarily true. We like PB and he doesn’t have. A major story. We like CG and Mariah is barely seen except when she’s propping Tessa or being a buddy to Kyle and/or Lola.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

OMG, I'm watching this urban gangster movie from 2018 called Den of Thieves. It stars known tough guys Gerard Butler, 50-Cent, and Pablo Schrieber. Guess who pops up as I guess the owner of a German-themed cops and robbers dive bar? Eric Braeden! I'm only about 30 minutes in so I don't know if he gets to throw any punches but I'm already laughing at the thought. But this movie is definitely not a comedy.

ETA: Further investigation revealed that the movie's writer and director is EB's son who appears to be building an interesting body of work in the crime drama genre per IMDb.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

OMG, I'm watching this urban gangster movie from 2018 called Den of Thieves. It stars known tough guys Gerard Butler, 50-Cent, and Pablo Schrieber. Guess who pops up as I guess the owner of a German-themed cops and robbers dive bar? Eric Braeden! I'm only about 30 minutes in so I don't know if he gets to throw any punches but I'm already laughing at the thought. But this movie is definitely not a comedy.

ETA: Further investigation revealed that the movie's writer and director is EB's son who appears to be building an interesting body of work in the crime drama genre per IMDb.

Christian Gudegast? *snerk*

• LOL 9
13 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, I watched part of that movie, too. I knew about EB's son's involvement, but after loving Pablo Schreiber in two seasons of American Gods, I was mostly watching to see what he'd do.

Action movies, oddly, make me snoozy, but I snapped right up when old Victor is seen sitting at the end of the bar for his cameo.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, basiltherat said:

Do your own damn stunts, you girly men -- I bet EB does!

yes and while wearing his black tee shirt of virility....

however, he is getting a gut and maybe should invest in some kimohno shape wear.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

I have no doubt that if we do have some upcoming fisticuffs between Adam and Nick, they'll be just as thrilling as

giphy.gif

It'll be like seeing Braveheart in Genoa City.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 16
  • Love 3

I'm sad and a bit angry that Loren has been let go.  Ana, Elena and Devon were the biggest reason I was watching this show (I'm still chuckling over Loren's line delivery when Ana was told to take advice "from a guy who tweets all day") and am not happy that they've been back-burnered the last few weeks.  I'm not at all interested in Phyllis or Chelsea and have quickly tired of invincible, pointy Adam.  This is yet another short-sighted decision by soap powers-that-be.

ETA:  If Tessa has been put on recurring, what does that mean for Mariah?  They better not let CG go.

EAgainTA:  I don't care if Jordi goes.  Rey is a fucking snooze.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, avocadohead said:

Now how about making this promise, why don't you, you attention hog of a man - Find someplace other than Y&R to infest.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, boes said:

Now how about making this promise, why don't you, you attention hog of a man - Find someplace other than Y&R to infest.

And take some acting and enunciation classes if you want to be hired based on something other than pity.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

Not the Beastmaster.  Just a beast.  Please don't post these any more - my stomach is queasy!

Mine was before seeing that pic of him and now it's even noisier. When I first saw it in this thread I caught myself letting out an audible "ewwww" like a kid who sees something really gross.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

What is... the last thing a woman sees before the trunk closes? 

OMG, Ninjapenguins, you done killed me

####DEAD####, and then you dug me back up and killed me again!!!

Hilarity genius!!!!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
On 7/29/2019 at 12:30 AM, SimoneS said:

I don't think that they fired Loren just because Mishael is returning. After all, Elena is still there to have a quad with Devon, Hilary, and Elena so it isn't like the Black characters are being written off. I think that they fired Loren to fund the wayback machine of Kevin, Chloe, Chelsea, Avery, etc. Those are a lot of characters to reset the show back to Griffith's idea of his "glory days. The actor who plays Tessa was also taken off contract and is now recurring so her story might also be wrapping up soon.

The actor is great the character was lame. I won't miss her.. Altho leaving Devon and Elana is pretty weak.. they are horrible

• Love 1
On 7/29/2019 at 1:54 AM, spinxella said:

It's rumored that Daniel Goddard went to the producers and complained about the Traci & Cane love story. That's why the writers had to end Trane so abruptly.

He is so gross.. they never should have brought the character back to life. What a waste. And the actor makes me hurl.

• Love 12