Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

I would love BM back, but you're right some storylines would feel weirder. I'm assuming there is supposed to be a dramatic moment coming up when Victoria finds out Billy slept with Summer and is pissed? Or did that happen and I missed it?

I think with MS back they could bring Daniel back if the actor wanted to. I just want to forget about Daisy and that baby and all that crap though. 

• Love 8

I'm assuming there is supposed to be a dramatic moment coming up when Victoria finds out Billy slept with Summer and is pissed? Or did that happen and I missed it?

I don't think anyone knows besides Biscuit, Dummer, Phyllis and Kyle. I wonder what Victor and Drinki will think? And Nick? OMG, the scowling, the brow furrowing, the empty threats! Followed by the inevitable Blaming Of Sharon.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I was a faithful long term As The World Turns viewer (I am still in a funk over it not being around anymore. That and my beloved Knot's Landing) but I was also a YR viewer, in order to support my mother's viewing of it. I gave up actually watching YR before they painted the interior of Katherine's house Property Brother Grey (????????) but cheated enough by reading spoilers to keep up my end of the conversation with her. Since I really, really miss having a soap show in my life,  I am now ready to bite the bullet and start watching again since I have read, and I can't believe I am saying this, that MS is coming back. Gulp. 

I started recording last week and am trying super hard to catch up with all the actor and set changes/additions. Nothing makes any sense to me, haha

As someone who saw chemistry between Cane and Jill, I am along for the ride with Cane and Traci. I haven't watched any scenes of them yet (or know if they have even started) but if the attraction is there, I say go for it. He always skeeved me out with younger actresses but for some reason I find him appealing with older than him actresses. 

Just looking around here now to try and familiarize myself with the threads again. I have been around forever since TWOP day and just lurked around here when everyone came over to Previously, not taking time to join. 

Welcome to the madness, LW!

• Love 10
4 hours ago, spinxella said:

Nice to see a normal taping schedule. I don’t care the reasons but DOOL taping schedule is ridiculous. Too bad HT didn’t get to direct EB, MTS & AH. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I was a faithful long term As The World Turns viewer (I am still in a funk over it not being around anymore. That and my beloved Knot's Landing) but I was also a YR viewer, in order to support my mother's viewing of it. I gave up actually watching YR before they painted the interior of Katherine's house Property Brother Grey (????????) but cheated enough by reading spoilers to keep up my end of the conversation with her. Since I really, really miss having a soap show in my life,  I am now ready to bite the bullet and start watching again since I have read, and I can't believe I am saying this, that MS is coming back. Gulp. 

I started recording last week and am trying super hard to catch up with all the actor and set changes/additions. Nothing makes any sense to me, haha

As someone who saw chemistry between Cane and Jill, I am along for the ride with Cane and Traci. I haven't watched any scenes of them yet (or know if they have even started) but if the attraction is there, I say go for it. He always skeeved me out with younger actresses but for some reason I find him appealing with older than him actresses. 

Just looking around here now to try and familiarize myself with the threads again. I have been around forever since TWOP day and just lurked around here when everyone came over to Previously, not taking time to join. 

Welcome, Lucindawalsh!

And don't worry about nothing making sense because it mostly doesn't.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
(edited)
18 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

He always skeeved me out with younger actresses but for some reason I find him appealing with older than him actresses. 

I'm in agreement with you. I say they put him with Stafford.

Oh! And welcome LucindaWalsh (who was my favorite character on ATWT back in the day).

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I am going back to lurking a bit so I can catch up on episodes and not be a dork on the threads.

LOL  don't worry about being a dork on the threads......we've all been there...

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, avocadohead said:

Did any of the actors welcome Staff back? Lol

I hear Doug Davidson and Laura Lee Bell drove to the gates to meet her - really really fast - and her Welcome Back cake was shaped like a dumpster!

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:42 PM, LucindaWalsh said:

I was a faithful long term As The World Turns viewer

So was I. Lucinda and John getting married was one of the biggest surprises. There were no spoilers then. Welcome to the board.

• Love 12
On 6/15/2019 at 4:11 PM, bannana said:

If they can fire GT to bring the Staph, they can certainly oust JT to bring back BM.  The question is would he want to come back.

It would be hard to picture BM as Billy having slept with Dummer and frankly having even deigned to be in the same room as Phyllis.

I'd be fine with sticking that story down the memory hole if it means we get BM back and bring Billy Abbott back to a decent human being again.

• Love 19

Hey LucindaWalsh, don't worry about being a dork here. These people are kind and more than willing to share their knowledge and insights with newbies. I've been watching for about a year and thought I had a pretty good grip on things but with the recent regime change and the return of Adam I'm kind of floundering again. Reading the forums helps a lot with understanding motives and reactions.

I enjoyed ATWT. More than anything I miss Doug Marland's  mastery of characterization and storytelling. He had a profound understanding of how to weave a story together that current soap writers have no clue about.

But I have fond memories of Ruxton Hills, Craig Montgomery, Tonio Reyes, and of course Lucinda Walsh.

• Love 16
40 minutes ago, paisley said:

Hey LucindaWalsh, don't worry about being a dork here. These people are kind and more than willing to share their knowledge and insights with newbies. I've been watching for about a year and thought I had a pretty good grip on things but with the recent regime change and the return of Adam I'm kind of floundering again. Reading the forums helps a lot with understanding motives and reactions.

I enjoyed ATWT. More than anything I miss Doug Marland's  mastery of characterization and storytelling. He had a profound understanding of how to weave a story together that current soap writers have no clue about.

But I have fond memories of Ruxton Hills, Craig Montgomery, Tonio Reyes, and of course Lucinda Walsh.

I remember when 30 contract players would be at Mona Lisa for dinner and talking about 10 other contract players who may or may not on the show that day. Douglas Marland was an amazing writer. Now, you’re lucky if you see 5 contract players in a scene together. I miss the 70’s, 80’s & 90’s. Great writers and big budgets. 

• Love 18
(edited)

Not only just that, but the older shows weren't afraid to use a character for a handful of lines and let them go about their business. I think SAG union rules and rates may have dictated that change so shows use a smaller core of cast members per day. Still sucks.

The only thing I can say about current Y&R is that the writers at least proofread their scripts and change the dialogue each day, even if Victor or Nick or Buttbiscuit may Bellow about the same subject for days on end. B&B has had the same exact script since fucking January.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 10
On 6/18/2019 at 7:25 AM, AngelKitty said:

LucindaWalsh, I want to welcome you too. I loved Lucinda on ATWT. Another great villain.

My sad face reaction to this is because I miss Lucinda...and don't even get me started on Emma Snyder 😢

• Love 13
On 6/11/2019 at 3:53 PM, Gam2 said:

Why does he have his finger in his ear? I cannot warm up to this actor or this portrayal of Adam. It seems like I’m always looking at his forehead and the top of his eyebrows but never his actual eyes.

Agree. Not liking the character at all. 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, spinxella said:

Mishael Morgan, yes.  Hillary, no pleasegodNO.  If Show wants to bring on some long lost twin who's not toxic and permanently unpleasant, have at it.  But old Hillary, nonononono NO.

• Love 15
(edited)
On 6/19/2019 at 11:08 PM, spinxella said:

Yes, please! I have been hoping Mishael would be brought back once Josh Griffith took over. I have gone on about it on the episode thread several times. Hilary's long lost twin needs to show up in GC pronto! I would take Hilary coming back alive also.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

They both look better in the second (filtured?) picture. ha

Michelle seems to always filter her photos, so it wouldn’t surprise me if that was the reason she made Eva change it up. 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Michelle seems to always filter her photos, so it wouldn’t surprise me if that was the reason she made Eva change it up. 😂

I find it funnier when she filters her photos while advertising her skin care line 🤣🤣

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Typical nauseating Staff. Everyone else comments on what a nice guy Josh is etc. and she posts that . 🙄🤢

Is there any real difference between her and her character?  Both seem pretty repulsive to me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

Here is MS hawking her skincare line on Facebook.  Why do I feel like she's chastising me because her lighting and video quality is so bad, because she has kids, she has a life?  I should've played the drinking game for every time she said "she has kids" in the first three minutes, I would have had an interesting Sunday!

She does have nice skin, though

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Here is MS hawking her skincare line on Facebook.  Why do I feel like she's chastising me because her lighting and video quality is so bad, because she has kids, she has a life?  I should've played the drinking game for every time she said "she has kids" in the first three minutes, I would have had an interesting Sunday!

She does have nice skin, though

I wonder who it originally belonged to before she harvested it?

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
On 6/10/2019 at 4:00 PM, AngelKitty said:

I don't really mind the age difference, it's that it's Cane.

I don't mind the age diff but the laners are not happy at all. Tracy deserves better but she hasn't had any lovin in years. Poor thing

• Love 2
On 6/11/2019 at 7:00 AM, bannana said:

Wait, what?  He thinks we want MCE, the Staff infection, and the Chipmunk back? Holy shit.  Good luck, show.

as you can all imagine I am thrilled... SOOOOOOO happy the staff is back and I love chloe and Chelsea.. and bad kevin is fun....

I thought everyone would be happy. I know how much GT and JT are hated on this board and with all the BM talk .. 

So I watched the Talk, what a horrible show.  How is Sharon Osbourne a thing?

They showed some promos and they are really focussing on Phyllis, Chelz and Adam.  The Staff was her usual self, talking about how she read the synopsis for every day that she was not playing Phyllis.  She commended GT and said she will go on to great things.  Ouch. An attempt at being gracious, I guess.  MCE is very happy to be back, gushed about the fans and teased the storyline with Adam.  The guy who plays Adam was entirely likeable.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12