Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, DivaT said:

I remember this. But, in her head, that might have been intended as more a slight to JM than PB. She cares about hurting JM. I don't think she gives PB a thought. 

Could be. The timing was suspicious though. And I think even MS knows people don't consider JM a strong "leading man" in terms of acting. That interview was all about quality of acting. 

So grateful she's gone from show. Funny how she keeps harping about Y&R. Move along. 

• Love 6

I know we're not supposed to mention Daisy Carter around these parts anymore but imagine my surprise to see Yvonne Zima pop up in an online TV series called Startup. She plays a vapid, giggly receptionist in a fake Miami business enterprise. Looks like she might've gotten implants because the boobs were quite prominent.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Memes for Dummies me, I cannot interpret that. 

Pratt the "monster" moron hack has trashed the character of Sharon throughout his tenure, and it appears he did it one last time before he left (in reference to what's coming when it's revealed she hid Sully's true identity

Spoiler

- the subject of the promo just released)

Edited by miamama
  • Love 5

Bowie Banjo in 16 years "my parents raised me in the hipster life and gave me this name. How about letting me choose for myself DAD?" As he hacks off his man bun and asks everyone to call him Dave. 

• Love 15

I still want Bella to end up being Jack's - he's so cute  here. Clo could have grabbed the wrong tube of Abbott juice from the GC Hospital self-serve DNA and semen bar.

Edited by crowsworks
spell
  • Love 6

On a completely shallow note, PB is looking fit in that picture. Look at those arms. Nice muscle tone going on there.

And yes, what I wouldn't give for Jack to have a baby of his own to raise onscreen. I was hoping HiJack might give him one but another kid from a sperm napping might be the only way he'll get one these days.

• Love 7
On 10/2/2016 at 7:23 PM, crowsworks said:

I still want Bella to end up being Jack's - he's so cute  here. Clo could have grabbed the wrong tube of Abbott juice from the GC Hospital self-serve DNA and semen bar.

Jack, Victor, Neil, Michael, much like their female counterparts, should be past child procreation age. Leave that to the younger characters. It's past time to pass the torch on many of these kinda stories. 

• Love 7
On 10/2/2016 at 9:56 PM, TobinAlbers said:

On a completely shallow note, PB is looking fit in that picture. Look at those arms. Nice muscle tone going on there.

And yes, what I wouldn't give for Jack to have a baby of his own to raise onscreen. I was hoping HiJack might give him one but another kid from a sperm napping might be the only way he'll get one these days.

Hilary having Jack's kid is a one way ticket off the show for Mishael Morgan. I couldn't ever imagine HiJack long term and that eliminates her from having a kid with anyone else that might be able to keep her around. It'd be a waste of a good young actress. I'd rather they let her start something that has a future with  someone like Kyle or Noah.  Have their kid instead. 

Jack should be rocking grand babies! 

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 2

Whoa, who knew Mal Young was a lumberjack?!?

Ya know, Dylan was starting to grow on me.  At least, he hasn't really bothered me lately.  I wish this tweet was coming from NeverBilly instead.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 17
9 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Whoa, who knew Mal Young was a lumberjack?!?

Ya know, Dylan was starting to grow on me.  At least, he hasn't really bothered me lately.  I wish this tweet was coming from NeverBilly instead.

Maybe that's where the money for the extra sets is coming from. I bet Steve didn't come cheap and the prospect of him leaving opened up some future funds. So is Dylan going to go berserk? Suicide by woodchipper? Leave town? Who cares? I vote Billy has a breakdown and he and Sharon end up in the same bin.

• Love 11
On 9/29/2016 at 7:08 PM, boes said:

Yep, first class asshole and a fourth rate talent, and that only on her best days.

I haven't watched GH in a couple of years, but I've read she didn't like Roger Howarth, her frequent partner on that show, because he also rehearsed and didn't care for her lack of preparation.  He sucks, too, on that show, but unlike her, he actually has talent.

No, that was just speculation. A couple of people said that MSt saying she and Roger Howarth didn't really speak outside of their scenes (which was all that was said by her) was akin to her pretty much saying she wanted out of the pairing. 

I came here to see how you guys were reacting to Big Burton's exit. Do you think he left on his own or they declined to renew?

On 9/29/2016 at 11:24 PM, DivaT said:

Brilliant! And spot on! MS let her ego rule choices and is paying the price. 

The GH audience too. Sigh. Her character is truly awful.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, DivaT said:

Jack should be rocking grand babies! 

Eh. Victor had Abby when he was PB's age. Big fucking deal. They SORAS instantly. Jack doesn't have enough kids. 

And unrelated but my posts are merging automatically...

Edited by miamama
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

It's interesting that they let him announce it this early. With Dylan gone I wonder what they'll do with Sharon? Maybe Stitch is going to be available soon, ha ha.

True. That's a lot of lead time and it really kills any surprise element in the stories. Hmmmmm...

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, crowsworks said:

Maybe that's where the money for the extra sets is coming from. I bet Steve didn't come cheap and the prospect of him leaving opened up some future funds. So is Dylan going to go berserk? Suicide by woodchipper? Leave town? Who cares? I vote Billy has a breakdown and he and Sharon end up in the same bin.

Ding ding ding 

• Love 7

Ah Dylan. I guess SBu wanted to branch out and embark on new adventures. The character didn't offend me, but I certainly won't pine for the actor. It's not like he could act rings around the rest of the cast. Dylan has roots in Genoa City via Paul and Nikki, so I wonder if they'll recast? 

• Love 14

Haha! You're right Petunia. It seems to me SB did not come cheap; his "choice" to leave may have been influenced by a far less cushy arrangement offered in his new contract.

I'm guessing JT is paid a great deal, too?????

• Love 7

I guess with JFP out he wasn't feeling as much loved. I always thought they propped Burton from and center which was annoying. Dylan had 25 jobs because TPTB tried everything and anything to make Burton catch on. He didn't and now he's out. It's probably for the best. That said, I thought he and Josh Morrow were hysterical in their behind the scenes stuff. You could tell they really liked each other. So Justin Hartley is gone and now Steve Burton. Who's gonna fill the male 39-46 year old age range? Anyone available? 

• Love 8

Why do I feel bad about this? It makes no sense. What is wrong with me? I never hated Dullen but I never loved him either. Maybe it's because this means the baby truth will come out, Dullen will go nuts, and Sharon will be vilified. Again. And end up completely alone. Also, Dullen was the only guy who treated her well.

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, miamama said:

Eh. Victor had Abby when he was PB's age. Big fucking deal. They SORAS instantly. Jack doesn't have enough kids. 

And unrelated but my posts are merging automatically...

Just cause the show told that shitty sperm switch story to give victor a child in his dotage doesn't mean it should repeat the mistake with Jack. If PB would get up off his silly worthy of a side eye stance over Keemo, jack would have more kids. Because of that, I find I have no fucks to give over jack not having offspring on canvas. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Why do I feel bad about this? It makes no sense. What is wrong with me? I never hated Dullen but I never loved him either. Maybe it's because this means the baby truth will come out, Dullen will go nuts, and Sharon will be vilified. Again. And end up completely alone. Also, Dullen was the only guy who treated her well.

He wasn't my fave, but he became far less offensive than everyone else, so I kinda started to...like him? So I kinda feel you.

• Love 9

I didn't mind Dylan in small doses. So of late he didn't bother me. But if his salary was eating into the show, good riddance.

God, remember when JFP shoved this guy down our throats? The whole "come to the light" when he and Paul learned they were father and son????????? lol. He comes on as a newbie but an actor is cast to play his father. He got flashbacks in Afghanistan and his buddy Sully onscreen!!! For fuck's sake. How many careers did they try with this guy? And he got to own Crimson Lights. aaaaaargh. This when Sharon had no job and should have bought it again.

I will never weep for an FOJ leaving Y&R. Never.

I wonder who is next.

• Love 10

Would they consider recasting the role of Dylan? Plenty of soap actors out there that need the work. The character is Nikki and Paul's son. And if Dylan died that'd be two adult sons of Paul's that died. 

Poor Paul. With Dylan onscreen his story time went up big time , without him...back to boring stuff. 

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

It's interesting that they let him announce it this early. With Dylan gone I wonder what they'll do with Sharon? Maybe Stitch is going to be available soon, ha ha.

Well Jack is divorcing so he'll be free and single soon too...and hey if he marries Sharon and she still has Sully, Jack gets a kid to raise and can 'honor' Adam. Also it'd chap Victor's mustache if Jack became father to a Newman.

• Love 6

Damn! They are not wasting any time over there. Even though Dylan's existence is the result of bullshit retcon - I don't think they should kill him off. Dylan just needs to leave Genoa City- permanently.

Edited by ezzylin
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Lithogirl said:

Lol I knew SBu would be gone soon after JFP. No great loss.

1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Didn't expect him to stick around without JFP.

I expected FOJ would be rounded up to be employed wherever JFP landed another producer gig. Any scuttlebutt on Jill hired to sink another show?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I expected FOJ would be rounded up to be employed wherever JFP landed another producer gig. Any scuttlebutt on Jill hired to sink another show?

Safe to say that JFP daytime soap days are done, right? She can't go back to GH or Y&R. She ain't gonna go to B&B since it's Brad Bell's baby. That leaves DOOL which is owned by Sony Pictures Television which also owns Y&R. Yes, daytime is a vicious cycle. LOL!!!

• Love 7

I fucking love Mal Young for this. And you know he's behind this. Imagine that, not looking for a white guy to play a random new nerd/tech guy.

Y&R is seeking an Indian/South Asian actor in his mid-to-late 20s to play the role of Ravi, a super-intelligent, creative engineer who is an “attractive nerd” and isn’t so smooth when it comes to the ladies. The recurring role will begin airing on October 25.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/yr-casting-new-role-4/

• Love 13

I'm sure this guy is probably for GC Buzz story although it'd make more sense for him to interact with Abby and Summer at Newman. They only cast POC to interact with Winters. That family alone has to bear every burden for  the show's pretense at diversity. 

Then again, we know Mariah is at GC BUZZ so maybe he's there to make Kevin jealous. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, miamama said:

Y&R is seeking an Indian/South Asian actor in his mid-to-late 20s to play the role of Ravi, a super-intelligent, creative engineer who is an “attractive nerd”

Hallelujah

• Love 7
12 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Dylan has roots in Genoa City via Paul and Nikki, so I wonder if they'll recast? 

In the interest of forest conservation,  I think you have to plant a new tree when you take down another.

• Love 9