Type keyword(s) to search

UP TV Movies - General Discussion

In2You
  • Start Topic

I am struggling to get through The Mechanics of Love. The heroine is boring, the sister is a miserable bitch, the boyfriend is an obnoxious cliché, and the usually charming Tyler Hines is MIA (I blame the writing), and the plot is boring. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/21/2020 at 9:52 PM, DanaMB said:

I am struggling to get through The Mechanics of Love. The heroine is boring, the sister is a miserable bitch, the boyfriend is an obnoxious cliché, and the usually charming Tyler Hines is MIA (I blame the writing), and the plot is boring. 

I didn't even know this movie existed until I caught a glimpse of the name as I flipped through the guide to find something to watch something tonight. I'm about to show the depths of my love for Tyler, because I'll probably sit through it anyway. 

• Love 1

I’m watching Forever My Girl and I’m scandalized and need my bland Hallmark movies to calm myself. In this one, the country super star hero appears to have had a one night stand with a groupie and even more shocking, the hero and heroine apparently had premarital sex (*gasp* *shock*) and the heroine ended up getting pregnant and kept the pregnancy and kid hidden for 8 years. My heart is palpitating, y’all.  I must start a letter writing campaign against this nonsense. 

Seriously though, even if this movie ends up sucking, I’m so enjoying the real world aspects that I won’t care. 

• LOL 4
6 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Seriously though, even if this movie ends up sucking, I’m so enjoying the real world aspects that I won’t care. 

I turned that on this morning thinking I'd hate it considering it starts out with the male lead disappearing on his wedding day.  But at the very least,  it'd be non-engaging background sound while I worked.  I haven't really enjoyed many of the most recent UP movies with the same muzak background, focus on too many love stories (never just the main leads but also a secondary duo) and the fact that they're overly dramatized for plots that should be more lighthearted romcoms.

But dammit, I actually enjoyed Forever My Girl. The cast was good and they all had good chemistry with one another.  The angst was played just right.  And while the male lead seemed to repeat similar mistakes, everything else made it worthwhile.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I turned that on this morning thinking I'd hate it considering it starts out with the male lead disappearing on his wedding day.  But at the very least,  it'd be non-engaging background sound while I worked.  I haven't really enjoyed many of the most recent UP movies with the same muzak background, focus on too many love stories (never just the main leads but also a secondary duo) and the fact that they're overly dramatized for plots that should be more lighthearted romcoms.

But dammit, I actually enjoyed Forever My Girl. The cast was good and they all had good chemistry with one another.  The angst was played just right.  And while the male lead seemed to repeat similar mistakes, everything else made it worthwhile.

I agree! I just finished it and enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. I actually paid attention. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I’m watching Forever My Girl and I’m scandalized and need my bland Hallmark movies to calm myself. In this one, the country super star hero appears to have had a one night stand with a groupie and even more shocking, the hero and heroine apparently had premarital sex (*gasp* *shock*) and the heroine ended up getting pregnant and kept the pregnancy and kid hidden for 8 years. My heart is palpitating, y’all.  I must start a letter writing campaign against this nonsense. 

Is UP showing that now? Forever My Girl was initially a theatrical release so that's why it's a bit edgier than most TV movie romances. 

• Useful 2

Just scrolled past this earlier and was pleasantly surprised to see this as the new UPtv movie tonight. Added it to the DVR. I like the humor in the little clip there. Will probably watch this tonight to relax. :-)

I liked Love by Accident. It moved very quickly but so do Harlequin novels and this was based off one. I thought the couple had good chemistry. Wasn't sure where they would go in the second half with the fake relationship being exposed earlier but they really dove into their childhood traumas.

• Love 1
On 8/3/2020 at 7:09 PM, In2You said:

I liked Love by Accident. It moved very quickly but so do Harlequin novels and this was based off one. I thought the couple had good chemistry. Wasn't sure where they would go in the second half with the fake relationship being exposed earlier but they really dove into their childhood traumas.

I think that is why I struggled with it. At first, I was really enjoying it and then it felt like it took a dark turn. I felt like it was two different movies or something. The last hour or so dragged for me. I really liked the actors, though. 

So I had Love Begins ion my DVR and decided to give it a go. Not bad, just a bit slow. Didn’t realize there was a second one so didn’t record it and can’t find it anywhere. However, after I read the summary I think I’ll skip it anyway. 

Spoiler

The wife dies! We spent the first movie seeing them fall in love, and I did like them together so why in the world do I want to see that?? I know it’s real life, especially in those times, but our real life is depressing enough lately. 

Edited by DanaMB

They're airing an 8 episode series from 2020 that aired on another network previously. It's called The Wedding Planners and it's about 3 siblings who lose their mom suddenly and have to come together to continue running her wedding planning business. So far they have aired 3 episodes in just a few days. It's very enjoyable so far.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I just learned about this channel, so will post this here (I posted in the Hallmark first):

UpTV had a winner with Luckless in Love. I so, so, so enjoyed this movie because of the palpable chemistry between the leads and some of the fun (painting, singing) or goofy (doorbell dash) things they did.  It also didn’t hurt that Holden had a yummy British accent and believable backstory. I wonder if that’s the actor’s normal accent or if he “poshes” it up.  If you hear Scouse or Mancunian accents as often as I do, you might not think it’s yummy. 

I liked how Winnie connected with Holden’s son, and Winnie’s BFF was such a great, loyal friend.  Although, cripes - the friend kept eating throughout the movie!!!  I never saw a character eat so often! What did that actress do to the writers that they had her eat, eat, eat.

The one demerit was how stereotypically loathsome Winnie’s boss was - manipulative and threatening Winnie as she did. Inga was a right ol’ bee-yotch. Inca’s belated apology to Winnie was self serving to the end (helping Winnie publish her book helps Inga).

• Like 1

I watched When We Last Spoke (again!) on UPTV today. I love this movie! I have no idea where it was first released, and I only discovered it within the last few months, but it's one I will watch again. And again.  

Edited by GeorgiaRai