Type keyword(s) to search

Wake Up, San Francisco! Full(er) House Media

15 hours ago, greekmom said:

Anyone know if it's been renewed? We have to see a Tanner-Gibbler wedding and find out the baby's name !

I was just thinking that we have to have another season, just so we could get the series finale of a triple wedding; DJ/ Steve, Jimmy/Fernando, and Steph/Jimmy. 

• Love 3

I was surprised to see the nomination too, which is why I posted it here. I believe networks submit shows, so part of it could be a push from Netflix and part of it could be recognition for portraying a gay character on a family friendly show. I don’t know.

I'm ok with the fifth season being the last season. I am happy that they get to conclude the series. I imagine it'll be 13-16 episodes, and I have some predictions on what they'll include.

But yeah, strangely happy that it wasn't outright cancelled!

• Love 2

I'll be sad to see it go because this is truly a fun show. I love when new episodes come out. I can understand ending it at 5 seasons but I wish that they would have more episodes per season. With this and Hollywood Darlings being canceled I'll have to look elsewhere for a 90s/TGIF fix.

On 2/2/2019 at 11:33 AM, memememe76 said:

I thought this show was a big hit for Netflix. I am surprised. 

It was a big hit in the first season, but then had a pretty big drop for season 2. But I was assuming it was still high enough rated/watched to keep Netflix happy, since we got seasons 3 and 4. I guess either it declined more or the actors wanted more money? Although I'm not sure any of them (except maybe John Stamos) have better offers. So probably a Netflix call.

I'm a little disappointed, but honestly it isn't really that fantastic a show. It's just nostalgia for me. Glad they have a final season they know will be the end to leave on a good note. I'm really hoping they have Michelle make an appearance, even with a recast. 

• Love 3

I mean, 5 seasons is pretty good, especially by Netflix standards. I'm pretty sure they were probably only contracted for 5 seasons, and if they had gone beyond the 5 seasons they would have gotten pay bumps and the viewership figures weren't supporting that.

The season 4 finale definitely felt like it could have been a series finale.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I mean, 5 seasons is pretty good, especially by Netflix standards. I'm pretty sure they were probably only contracted for 5 seasons, and if they had gone beyond the 5 seasons they would have gotten pay bumps and the viewership figures weren't supporting that.

The season 4 finale definitely felt like it could have been a series finale.

I also wonder if it's a new tread with a lot of Netflix shows. Many are ending this year such as Orange is the New Black and Grace and Eve. Shows that are in their 8th seasons and many have said they started losing it about 3 years ago and dragging things out. Streaming services like Netflix, Hulu or Freeform do see when a show is getting both expensive and losing interest unlike many networks that say: "Well if it's pulling in ratings, keep it going." 

On 1/31/2019 at 12:50 PM, MikaelaArsenault said:

Anyone know why Fuller House is getting canceled? Could it be due to low ratings?

As mentioned the ratings dropped by about 50% from season 1 to season 2 and then stayed steady which means Netflix knew it had a loyal audience but that number is only worth so much to them. I am a fan of any family friendly show I can watch with my kids so I am sad to see it go. I saw some people arguing why are soaps kept on for 50 years but Fuller house cancelled. Soap actors make almost nothing and producing shows is all about money. If the fuller house cast is so sad about the show ending, they should say they will work for much less. I love Days of our lives and I was shocked when a family member died and a long time Days cast member was working at the funeral home. They made less then 50k a year  working on Days so in CA you would need a second job to live basically. They still acted on Days because of the fans and keeping the show going for the many generations that watch together.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I mean, I honestly feel like the character arcs on the show are pretty much nearly complete. And again, I don't think the viewing figures would justify the contract renegotiation they would have had to do in order to keep the show going.

I really hope Andrea continues acting, even if it's just a thinly veiled Kimmy Gibbler on like an Freeform sitcom.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

Wow. Out of ALL the cast, I would not expect the one facing jail time to be Aunt Becky!

Actresses Lori Loughlin, Felicity Huffman among 40 charged in college exam cheating plot

“Loughlin allegedly told the cooperating witness that she would arrange for her daughter to be photographed on a rowing machine to bolster the false claim on the application to USC that her daughter was the crew coxswain for the L.A. Marine Club team, according to court papers.

In an e-mail, Loughlin allegedly agreed to keep the acceptance of her daughter and the scheme "hush hush."”

Oh, Aunt Becky! $500,000 in bribes?!

giphy.gif

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/03/12/us/college-admission-cheating-scheme/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2Fus%2Flive-news%2Fcollege-admissions-cheating-felicity-huffman-lori-loughlin%2Findex.html

“Loughlin, who played Aunt Becky on "Full House," is facing the same felony charge -- conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud. Her husband, fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, was also charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud.”

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 8

I mean, I think USC is a good school, but I don't know if it's worth a half-million dollar bribe for my kids to go there.  And yeah, I know nothing about what Lori Loughlin is like in her private life, but I never would have imagined this. 

Edited by txhorns79
  • Love 8

It’s so stupid because her daughter Olivia Jade is a “social media influencer” so that means A) She photographs the hell out of her life so if she was on a sports team everyone would already know it B) the girl likely makes major bank from said job so she has even less need for Mommy and Daddy to pay to get her into an impressive school. Hell, the school might have even taken her influencer business into consideration for her college acceptance. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

So does this mean Becky will lose her Wake Up San Francisco gig?!?

For real though, what the hell is this? At that point, and if you have that much cash to spend, just hire a tutor!  

I haven't checked the prices for colleges lately, but isn't $500,000 more than 4 years of tuition?  Wouldn't you be better off investing $500,000 in a condo for the kid to live in when their degree from a low tier school doesn't let them get a good job?

When I saw the news alert that Aunt Becky and Felicty Huffman were both indicted, I thought it was some kind of joke.  But apparently they were recorded talking about all this. Craziness.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

When I saw the news alert that Aunt Becky and Felicty Huffman were both indicted, I thought it was some kind of joke.  But apparently they were recorded talking about all this. Craziness.

Yeah, there's like a whole trail of emails.  It's nuts!  Can you imagine Aunt Becky going to jail all to get her kids into USC?  I don't know how someone's priorities get so out of whack that this type of elaborate scam seems like a good idea.  I mean, maybe the girls really had terrible scores and no prospects, but there has to be a better way here.   

Just now, txhorns79 said:

Yeah, there's like a whole trail of emails.  It's nuts!  Can you imagine Aunt Becky going to jail all to get her kids into USC?  I don't know how someone's priorities get so out of whack that this type of elaborate scam seems like a good idea.  I mean, maybe the girls really had terrible scores and no prospects, but there has to be a better way here.   

If only there wasn't a stigma attached being a "trophy wife" in this society, this could've been avoided!

• Love 1

I watched a couple of Olivia Jade’s Youtube videos. In a vlog from 5 months ago, she stated that everyone thinks she’s going to drop out of USC and no one has any confidence in her. Maybe it’s because she also regularly states she’s not interested in the education part of college? Money well spent Mom and Dad. Her videos are all sponsored though. I’m not sure what that says about our society. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

Did Lori and Felicity collude together, or did they just both happen to get busted for the same thing?

I believe they were just both busted for the same thing.  I don't recall there being any mention that either of them knew the other person was involved. 

It sounds like Lori's daughter Olivia never even wanted to go to college, but only went because her parents wanted her to. She does say in an article somewhere that she's happy her parents pushed for her to go because she enjoys it now, but the question is how well does she actually do. 

I've seen some of Olivia's videos, but mostly from her appearances on another famous Youtuber's channel from time to time. She seems like a perfectly nice girl but definitely still very naive. I think she's partly to blame for all of this, as I do think she knew at least some of what her parents did, but Lori and her husband are supposed to be teaching their kids good morals. Same with all the other parents involved. I get wanting your kids in great schools for their future, and they probably were meaning to do it out of a place of love, but it's so incredibly wrong and teaches all the wrong lessons about privilege and being lucky enough to go to a good school if you're qualified to. The parents involved still did a really bad thing and I'm glad they got caught. 

Their kids, though, are now wrapped up in this controversy. From another article, it does say most of the kids didn't know what their parents were doing, but some were complicit. I don't know how much Lori's two girls knew, but I don't think they knew exactly the whole thing of what went down, so I do feel bad for them, in a sense.  

1 hour ago, Angeleyes said:

I watched a couple of Olivia Jade’s Youtube videos. In a vlog from 5 months ago, she stated that everyone thinks she’s going to drop out of USC and no one has any confidence in her. Maybe it’s because she also regularly states she’s not interested in the education part of college? Money well spent Mom and Dad. Her videos are all sponsored though. I’m not sure what that says about our society. 

I wonder if she will lose any of those sponsors. I don't know what she knew of what her mom allegedly did, but I would think her sponsors wouldn't want any association.

What I find interesting is that Lori's husband was also indicted, but Felicity's husband was not. But maybe that is just who they had evidence on, since I would think most couples would both know about the hundreds of thousands of dollars they are spending on getting their kids into college.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I wonder if she will lose any of those sponsors. I don't know what she knew of what her mom allegedly did, but I would think her sponsors wouldn't want any association.

What I find interesting is that Lori's husband was also indicted, but Felicity's husband was not. But maybe that is just who they had evidence on, since I would think most couples would both know about the hundreds of thousands of dollars they are spending on getting their kids into college.

Same here. this wasn't like Lori and Felicity said; "Hey, let's bribe people to get our kids in college." conspircy. Plus it looks like Felicity did this all on her own, but I'm sure her hubby was aware of things going on. Unlike Lori who's husband was also involved. You do have to wonder, as it appears that season 5 of the show has been filmed or close to being completed. You do wonder if they will reshoot things, see what happens or just be: "Well, it's the final season and things are done, so the hell with it!"

This isn’t Lori Loughlin or her daughter, but it’s a priceless snippet from the court documents. Someone was going to take a test on this kid’s behalf:

Untitled.png

Edited by kokapetl

Lori Loughlin has been embroiled in an alleged school admissions scam before — on ‘Full House’

Lori Loughlin’s character faced a dilemma. Her two children had the chance to attend an elite school that promised to put their lives on the “fast track,” but there was only one problem: Their application wasn’t entirely accurate.

In a 1993 episode of the popular sitcom “Full House,” revived by social media users Tuesday, Becky Katsopolis, played by Loughlin, and her husband, Jesse (John Stamos), are forced to navigate the line between wanting what’s best for their children and taking things too far as they try to get their young twin sons accepted to a prestigious preschool. When Jesse realizes his boys likely won’t get in, he blatantly lies on the school’s application, sending the couple down a path of deception until Becky, known in the show for her prudence, puts a stop to the shenanigans. She tells administrators the truth, even at the risk of jeopardizing her children’s futures.

“I know you want what’s best for them, but you know what?” Becky says to Jesse near the end of the episode. “Maybe the fast track isn’t it. Nicky and Alex are normal, healthy kids and whatever track they’re on, they seem to be doing okay.”

She later adds, “When they’re ready to go to preschool, we’ll find the right one and we’ll do everything we can to encourage them.”

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, kokapetl said:

This isn’t Lori Loughlin or her daughter, but it’s a priceless snippet from the court documents. Someone was going to take a test on this kid’s behalf:

Untitled.png

Makes me think of Patrick J Adams's character on Suits getting paid to take the LSAT.

• Love 1
On 3/12/2019 at 11:43 AM, MikaelaArsenault said:

I won't be surprised if she's dropped from the show.

If they haven’t already filmed everything, I don’t think it would be jarring just to drop Becky. She’s not a central character at this point. Just have Jesse show up and say she’s home with the baby, or Danny mention that someone’s substituting for Becky at work because she and Jesse are visiting the twins. Since there’s only one short season left, in which Becky only would have been seen a couple of times anyway, I don’t think she’d leave a Michelle-sized hole. 

• Love 5