Type keyword(s) to search

Wake Up, San Francisco! Full(er) House Media

Jeff Franklin said that he's going to be doing construction, bringing it up to code and making it look as much like "Full House" or "sitcomy" as possible, as if the Tanners live there.  I don't know what he means by that because moving an entire staircase and restructuring a 2400 sqft Victorian house to look like it can hold 9 or 10 people comfortably with a flat attic will be quite a task.  Definitely interested to see how this place out.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
On 12/13/2016 at 2:49 AM, Spencer Hastings said:

Jeff Franklin said that he's going to be doing construction, bringing it up to code and making it look as much like "Full House" or "sitcomy" as possible, as if the Tanners live there.  I don't know what he means by that because moving an entire staircase and restructuring a 2400 sqft Victorian house to look like it can hold 9 or 10 people comfortably with a flat attic will be quite a task.  Definitely interested to see how this place out.

He could redo the outside, to add a red door back in which would help a lot. And inside they can't move staircases around, but they could at least bring in the right furniture/decor.

26 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

bringing it up to code and making it look as much like "Full House" or "sitcomy" as possible, as if the Tanners live there.  I don't know what he means by that because moving an entire staircase and restructuring a 2400 sqft Victorian house to look like it can hold 9 or 10 people comfortably with a flat attic will be quite a task.  Definitely interested to see how this place out.

The house isn't up to code? I find that incredibly hard to believe, given its a $4MM house that someone had been living in. (Also, the house is gorgeous, if not at all like a Full House set).

Unfortunately I'm not sure Franklin can make the inside Tanner-fied. The footprint just isn't at all the same and I'm not sure it could be renovated to be created like it's shown in the show.

5 hours ago, McManda said:

The house isn't up to code? I find that incredibly hard to believe, given its a $4MM house that someone had been living in. (Also, the house is gorgeous, if not at all like a Full House set).

I have no idea what is needed in the house but "up to code" doesn't necessarily mean uninhabitable. I lived in a house for 12 years with an addition that was perfectly safe, but wasn't permitted when built, so was considered "not up to code". If I had done major work in the house that required an inspector to come by, I would have had to fix any code violations found but I never did. I left it for the new owners. 

Alan kind of played the buffon in the exaggerated version of himself on Usually Thicke, but he came off as pretty insightful and thoughtful during his commentary on the Behind the Scenes story about Growing Pains. Such a shame. His youngest kid is only 19.

Anyway, ratings are way down. I'm not really surprised, but it looks like the ratings for season 1 were pretty inflated by the premiere anyway.

On 12/25/2016 at 2:33 AM, methodwriter85 said:

I wonder if Season 3 will be a spring/summer theme like Season 1 seemed to be.

Be a good idea to do it that way. Since season 1 started a year apart and a few months passed between them. It would make sense, especially with the cast as the old saying goes: "They aren't getting any younger." I just really, really hope we get some focus on Danny's second wife and meet DJ's former in-laws. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Artsda said:

Jeff Franklin, the  Creator/Executive Producer.

Oh! I didn't even recognize him. I thought it was a long lost cast member that I didn't know about, like the gay housekeeper that was only ever in the pilot episode of the Golden Girls. Thanks!

• LOL 1
On 6/27/2017 at 11:12 AM, readster said:

Wow! 30 years, I remember it like yesterday. I really do. 

I'm only 6 months older than "Michelle"...so I don't really remember it. I don't think I remember watching the series live until around the time of Jesse and Becky's wedding circa 1991. 1991 was really when my TGIF days started.

Apparently the season is going to be split. Probably a good idea. 18 episodes is too much for a bingewatch. Here's something from their Japan press tour:

I kind of hope that DJ might wear her hair like Candace in this picture. All of the them rocking that loose blonde curl look is just a bit much, especially if it looks like Andrea is growing out her bob.

I will give it to Jeff Franklin. He knows how to promote the shit out of this show. I wonder if they have the budget to do an episode where everybody goes to Japan.

Edited by methodwriter85

I just had a crazy idea, remember, Jesse and the Rippers were a big hit in Japan 20 years ago. What if it's a reunion tour and Jesse takes everyone to Japan since it was just Becky and the boys last night. I don't see the twins in the picture. Very possible. 

On 8/11/2017 at 2:08 PM, carouselride said:

The twins playing Tommy are not there and per the cast's instagrams neither any of the original adults. But your idea would actually make sense! Right now seems far-fetched why they're going. Fernando's racing career maybe?

The main reason I'm not sure I'll like the episode is because 

Hide contents

Steve and, even worse, his girlfriend are there too. Why would they be invited in a family trip??!!!

What if

Spoiler

the trip is actually due to Steve and CJ?

1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

I'm embarrassed to admit that gave me a big smile. I know it is kind of dumb and very cheesy but I still enjoy it.

Same here. Happy it is getting a 4th season, but how are they going to explain Joey and the rest of the Gladstone kids being in SF? I mean, they were fine in Las Vegas, just because Joey's wife would be gone most of the time on the cruise ship. Doesn't mean they be in San Fransico on a regular basis. However, I do look forward to Danny and Vicky back together and what Danny will be doing for work. As for Steve returning, well if DJ is still in contact with Julie, Steve's cousin from way back when (the actress is still in entertainment) then I could see it. Plus, would Jaleel White really come back as Steve Urkle? Or Professor Urkle? Hmmm.

• Love 3

I was happy with the amount of screentime that Danny, Joey, Jesse and Rebecca got in previous seasons. I don't want more screentime for them and Joey's kids at the expense of the regular cast.

And Urkel was the reason why I stopped watching Family Matters after one or two episodes so I don't want him on Fuller House.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, paulvdb said:

I was happy with the amount of screentime that Danny, Joey, Jesse and Rebecca got in previous seasons. I don't want more screentime for them and Joey's kids at the expense of the regular cast.

And Urkel was the reason why I stopped watching Family Matters after one or two episodes so I don't want him on Fuller House.

The fact is I see Danny more on than everyone else as it is HIS house. Plus, if they do decide to have Danny go back to sports (like he was in season 1). He would be gone a lot for various events and interviews. Since that was not uncommon even back in the late 80s. I even remember a few episodes Danny said he had just gotten back for over a week trip and both Jesse and Joey were happy to have it back as it was rough with all the girls various events and Michelle not sleeping good for a week. More reasons why Danny took the Wake up San Francisco job in Season 2 not just because of Becky being introduced but because he be home before and after the girls left for school since his schedule was different and more controlled. Jesse, Becky and Joey I see screen time just about the same as this past season. Joey really wasn't in much of season 2 as he was in season 1 and 3. 

They haven’t even asked Jaleel White yet if he’s willing to reprise Urkel. Given that it’s a role that typecast him and ruined his career before it even got started, and he’s only just started to climb out from under that, I wouldn’t hold my breath for Urkel to show up.

I just hope they change it so Danny doesn't live in the house. Making DJ move to the basement with Stephanie is weird. They are 40 years old and don't need to be bunking together. Maybe have him go live with Fernando next door? 

10 hours ago, xander874 said:

I just hope they change it so Danny doesn't live in the house. Making DJ move to the basement with Stephanie is weird. They are 40 years old and don't need to be bunking together. Maybe have him go live with Fernando next door? 

Well in real life, Stephanie would move next door with Jimmy since they are having a kid together and all. Or Kimmy wouldBut this show is not real life, so who knows what they'll do.

Having Danny live in the Gibbler house would be amusing. Maybe they'll build a passageway between the two houses and it will be a big enough house for them all.

2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Must have been pretty bad, since wasn't he the driver for doing the reboot in the first place?

I'm honestly shocked. I guess the whole big happy family image that Jeff is doing on social media was total bullshit, or he was really only like that to the stars? Still, it's a big blow to the show.

I'm guessing he regrets dropping 4 million on the real Full House right now. Geez.

• Love 3

A bit more info on Jeff Franklin's firing:

Franklin has been accused of being verbally abusive to staffers and making inappropriate statements in the writers’ room, including making sexually charged comments about his personal relationships and sex life. Franklin has not been accused of directly sexually harassing or engaging in physical misconduct with any staffers.

According to a source, “Fuller House” staffers also complained about Franklin’s habit of bringing women he dated to the set and sometimes giving them bit parts in the series.

On 3/2/2018 at 12:02 PM, junemeatcleaver said:

According to a source, “Fuller House” staffers also complained about Franklin’s habit of bringing women he dated to the set and sometimes giving them bit parts in the series.

***ding ding ding*** And now we have the real reason he got fired! Netflix is not about to suffer yet another sex scandal (they're currently at 3)  and even the whiff of one is not going to go down with them. I'm sure Netflix pictured a string of woman coming forward and saying that Jeff Franklin offered them parts on the show in return for sexual favors.

I can't believe Jeff was that stupid. Behavior that you could get away with back in the 90's just ain't gonna fly now.

• Love 6
On 20/03/2018 at 12:16 PM, methodwriter85 said:

***ding ding ding*** And now we have the real reason he got fired! Netflix is not about to suffer yet another sex scandal (they're currently at 3)  and even the whiff of one is not going to go down with them. I'm sure Netflix pictured a string of woman coming forward and saying that Jeff Franklin offered them parts on the show in return for sexual favors.

I can't believe Jeff was that stupid. Behavior that you could get away with back in the 90's just ain't gonna fly now.

Uncle Jesse’s ‘90s bimbos make more sense now. 

• Love 1

Not too excited about adding in all of the new adults (and Joey's kids - Pamela is fine) to the series.  I like the focus to be on the She-wolfpack.  I barely tolerate stories about Ramona and Jackson.  I CERTAINLY don't want to see Joey's spawn on the show more.  The episodes with them were the worst.  And, while I'm happy to see Vickie and Danny back together, something about Bob Saget's portrayal of Danny as been... off.  Just not sure about adding all of them in.

• Love 2
On 4/18/2018 at 1:16 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Not too excited about adding in all of the new adults (and Joey's kids - Pamela is fine) to the series.  I like the focus to be on the She-wolfpack.  I barely tolerate stories about Ramona and Jackson.  I CERTAINLY don't want to see Joey's spawn on the show more.  The episodes with them were the worst.  And, while I'm happy to see Vickie and Danny back together, something about Bob Saget's portrayal of Danny as been... off.  Just not sure about adding all of them in.

I'm kind of of the opinion that if you're passing on the baton, you're passing on the baton. And really, the She-Wolf pack has been awesome at anchoring the show.

And yeah, they're trying to explain it as an 60-something crisis but man Bob just cannot play Danny anymore.

• Love 3
On 10/16/2018 at 9:47 PM, PumpkinLumpkin said:

I like how the headline is "Is Fuller House Ending With Season 4", but the actual quote in the interview is about they haven't made any decisions either way. TV Line is big into click bait.

Yea!

I know people like to hate on this show as being dumb but I love it. Sometimes I need dumb TV just to relax to. I'm so excited for season 4. I'm wondering if it'll be their last.

What I love about this show is that they all seem to be having so much fun and so I, as a viewer, have fun. Their song and dance numbers and their all around silliness is great. As opposed to another TGIF show that got a reboot on Disney (Girl Meets World). It didn't look like anyone on that show was having fun. It was soooo serous. I just couldn't.

As nostalgic as I am, I liked DJ better with Matt than with Steve. I know Steve makes more sense because of their history but I just don't really care for his character on Fuller House. And I think they had Kimmy get back with Fernando too soon. I think they should've had all the girls face single life together and do their she-wolf thing longer before getting all the girls involved with guys. They could've worked to getting them paired off eventually but I felt like it happened too fast.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Aryanna said:

Yea!

I know people like to hate on this show as being dumb but I love it. Sometimes I need dumb TV just to relax to. I'm so excited for season 4. I'm wondering if it'll be their last.

I love it too.  I don't even care how stupid is, it just makes me smile.

• Love 4