Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Make A Statement

I agree that Peytie's wardrobe doesn't read too sexy for me either. So she shows her arms and legs - no big deal to me. She doesn't have her boobs or ass cheeks hanging out (which I just saw on Pitch Slapped, a reality show about two New Jersey high school acapella groups). 

These past two summers, that's all I've seen.  Ass cheeks are the new cleavage I always say.  

• Love 1

Another week of really messed up judging. Poor Zachary, having to go through all of that just for the sake of some tv stunt. He absolutely should have been in the final four, and so should the other Zach who was double-eliminated last week for no reason at all. I agree that Peytie and Maya's looks were good. But Samantha should at least have been threatened with being sent home. The makeup/hair on her model, the part in the middle and then pulling it back to highlight her fugly roots/show the fact that she hasn't been to the salon in 6 weeks, was so disgusting. And her stupid baseball uniform dress underneath her shapeless jacket. The fact that the jacket is just as long as the dress makes the look so much worse, ugh! I'm definitely fast-forwarding through her segment next week, and not looking forward to her collection.

That blue lipstick is definitely really unflattering for Kelly's face shape/hair style right now.

I remember Tim talking about a 'mean girl' in the cast, but props to the editors since apparently we haven't seen it.

Zachary may have been off his game, but Samantha should have been eliminated, straight up, with no TG Save. That dress was a bad Home Ec class project, and there was nothing original or attractive about the jacket. There are times when it's really evident that the judges are *trying* to like something, and I felt like they were all straining to make excuses for this outfit. Some TPTB decided Samantha had to be included in the finale and she got a free pass, if you ask me.

• Love 3

Samantha has a very distinct aesthetic. Not my style, but I can appreciate it. That being said, she is demonstrating it in a very one-note manner. Every jacket is a riff on the same thing. I think all the other designers have more versatility. However, the judges adore her, so I bet she'll take the whole thing. I'd prefer any one of the other 3 to win, especially Maya or Peytie.

Love this show so much. I don't think I'll watch All Stars. I can't stand Alyssa Milano as a host. I liked Hannah Davis with these kids. I just liked everything about this show. Tim was so cranky during the last regular PR. It was so nice to see him have fun again. 

• Love 5

Samantha, Africa is a very large continent with lots of countries and even more tribes and languages. There is no "African symbol of leadership".

Sorry, pet peeve.

Loved Maya and Peytie's looks. Really loved Peytie's story about the T-shirt. And hey, no crop tops!

• Love 5

I binge watched the whole season while I was snowbound, and what a delightful show! I can't even thread a sewing machine, so the skills these kids have just blew me away. My style leans a bit boho, so I'm Team Paytie, but I'd really be okay with any of them winning.

I loved how the kids have said how much fun it is to be around other kids who do the same work and have the same passion that they do. I remember having the same feeling when I went off to a magnet high school - not that my at home friends weren't great, but I didn't feel quite so different anymore. They're all such fun people to get to "know".

All Stars (which yes, I'm sure I'll watch) is going to be a real clusterf*(& compared to this season.

• Love 2

I have a theory about Project Runway.  The designers who hone in on what they want to do for challenges immediately seem to last longer.

I've noticed on Juniors that pretty much most of the kids know immediately what they want to do with their design.   The occassional exception happens, e.g. Zach this week, but by and large, the kids seems to latch on to thei own ideas with ease. Maybe it's because they are young and haven't been inundated with the clutter that comes with exposure.

I love how they know themselves so well.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1

Purple hair is weird now?

On her, it's just ugly.  She looks like she's trying so damn hard to be edgy, which, of course, makes her anything but.  The purple hair alone would be fine, I guess, but I think it's a fad that's come and gone.  Paired with the shaved sides (also so over with) and the non-flattering lipstick, I think she's the last person I would take advice from.  She doesn't know how to make it work together to look cool or hip or stylish.  Just kind of sad.

Edited by WhoAmIReally
  • Love 1

I guess I just tend to look at it like people are gonna do what they want to do with their appearances. As someone who would find life to feel a bit boring and restrictive without tattoos and Manic Panic Rockabilly Blue hair dye (and sometimes Ultra Violet--no pastels though; they're tough to maintain and I am lazy), and a closet half-full of gothy clothes I'm probably too old for and the other half stuff that was popular when I was a toddler, I say good for them. If someone (like me) is lucky enough to have a lifestyle and profession that allows it, just do it--it's only hair (or dresses...or ink...).

• Love 4

I guess I just tend to look at it like people are gonna do what they want to do with their appearances. As someone who would find life to feel a bit boring and restrictive without tattoos and Manic Panic Rockabilly Blue hair dye (and sometimes Ultra Violet--no pastels though; they're tough to maintain and I am lazy), and a closet half-full of gothy clothes I'm probably too old for and the other half stuff that was popular when I was a toddler, I say good for them. If someone (like me) is lucky enough to have a lifestyle and profession that allows it, just do it--it's only hair (or dresses...or ink...).

Which is fine.  It's just that Kelly is being portrayed as a fashion expert.  And for me, her look doesn't work.  It could work on others, certainly.

• Love 1

Oh, yes, I do think about that -- I don't mind Kelly but I can't help but recall her somewhat slovenly and anti-establishment attitude style on The Osbournes! I mean, of course, she's an adult now and everyone changes--it's just a funny juxtaposition.

Looks like I'm with the crowd, as Maya is my favorite with Peytie as a close second.

Tim has got to use his save earlier next season or it's going to be kind of a joke.

I watched this episode and the previous one in quick succession. Was it this one or the last one in which the host used the word "notorious" to describe someone who was (apparently) simply famous in a positive sense? "Notorious" is for people who are infamous, even villainous, not just well known in a neutral or positive way.

Count me as a dissenter in Peytie debate. I do like just about everything she has worn. But she does have a few things that I would not let my 16 year old wear. It doesn't matter to me if other kids are dressing like skanks.I wouldn't want my kid showing her midriff or wearing a deep vee cut down almost to the bra band. If she'd been wearing a bra.