Type keyword(s) to search

OG or Why Did You Start Watching?

• Start Topic

I do think Shane was jealous of Rick pre ZA, both of his family life and Rick was more his boss at work too. So he took over Rick's role and that's part of what made him snap afterward. Obviously with Otis he jumped into the "kill or be killed mode" then it wasn't about survival it was about winning over Rick. Lorrie just bugged me because not only did she forget her husband, problems or not, too quickly (imho) but then she was a flip flopper. One minute she practically asked Rick to kill Shane then she was all pissy when Rick did. 

Great googly moogly 3 weeks seems like such a long time!

• Love 2

Just wanted to share my 900th attempt to get my next oldest sister to watch TWD.

She finally did give it a view---and then tells me yesterday that "Nah, I couldn't keep track of all these different people."

It's worth knowing that she is one of the Panda Cam editors for the Giant Panda Reserve in China, which has 150+ plus pandas...all of which look exactly the same and spend most of their time doing nothing.

Imagine if you will, a Penelope Garcia-esque Lair with monitors alight with the split screen views of countless black and white four legged bodies sleeping in trees. For hours. And her hands fly across keyboards clackeyclacketyclick!click!click!clackety  ad infinitum.

She can look at any panda (I've seen one, I've seen'em all) and knows which one is Tai Shan or TianTian or CaCa or DooDoo or whatever their names are.

clicketyclicketyclacketyclick!click! Hour after hour. Because one out of 150 might scratch it's ass before midnight, and this must be documented for posterity.

But she can't get through The Walking Dead because it's too hard to tell them all apart.

Just thought I'd share that.

• Love 5

Probably because pandas look so much cuter and cuddlier than our fine ensemble cast.

On video, anyway.

IRL pandas are extremely territorial and notoriously cranky.

Get all up close and personal with one, and it would probably rip your face off quicker than a walker in a well.

;>

• Love 2

I don't remember why we started watching it.  My husband likes horror.  I don't.  But zombies don't scare me, so I can always watch zombie shows without getting scared.  I think I had just finally read WWZ right when AMC was advertising the pilot, so we watched, loved the pilot, and have subsequently been disappointed with a lot of the rest of the show.  But we keep watching, so it isn't THAT bad.

My teenager started watching with us last season because apparently everyone her age does watch it which now makes me view it through the "this is not appropriate" Mom lens.  But we still watch.

Actually, as a kid, I saw - what was it? I think Return of the Living Dead II and I was terrified of the idea of zombies. I was really a big chicken back then when it came to horror movies, but zombies- gah!

So later in life, I started watching horror movies as a kind of therapy (as in, "watch this and realize how ridiculously implausible it is and get over your fears, girl!"). And I turned myself into a big FAN of horror films - especially of the zombie type.

So before TWD, I would watch pretty much any Zombie flick, read World War Z, et al. I had never read the TWD comics, though as I wasn't really interested in comics. *shrug* When I found out about the show, though, I was all over it. I watched the east coast premier that Halloween 2010 and have watched it since, with varying degrees of enthusiasm but always as soon as I can get to the episode.

The funny thing is now zombies have become overdone, I think. I used to watch all the zombie flicks on Netflix, but now there are dozens of them - and they are mostly cheap and terrible, made to capitalize on a trend. *sigh* Does that make me a zombie hipster?

Edited by Disraeli Ears

The funny thing is now zombies have become overdone, I think.

As are vampires, which many movies have turned - sadly - into hideous trolls that can run up walls like geckos. I like my vampires darkly menacing and seductive in the old Bela Lugosi style.

This is why I like TWD. They've brought back the old type of mindless, shambling, stumbling, slow zombies. I watched World W Z, but seeing zombies who seem to run like cheetahs, leap like gazelles and can get over a 50 wall? Meh...Our gang would have been toast in the first 5 minutes.

• Love 4