Type keyword(s) to search

Kocktails With Khloe - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Sooooooooooo BORING. Awful basic BUDGET copy of Andy Cohen's show, except chewbacca didn't even pretend to partake in drinking. She was an utter bore, the guests were dull as F with her "hosting". And it is supposed to be in her living room and kitchen? Looked like a cheap ticky tack Ikea furnished "set". Even Snoop Dpgg, who is never boring, I was yawning during this whole boring try hard and fail mess.

• Love 7

I almost changed the channel as soon as she said in her introduction "yes bitches, another Kardashian show, ". Always keeping it so classy. I wish I did change it but it was like a trainwreck.  And you know something is bad when I feel like I have to defend Kim. Kim really did sound tired during that ridiculous prank call and it sounded like Saint was cranky, the call seemed to never end. Then Khloe saying "you cant come on my show until you lose the L B S. Tacky. I suppose if she were to ever get pregnant she would be blessed and not gain weight? Even Snoop couldnt save this mess.

• Love 3

The only part I saw was the staged phone call with Kim. If anyone actually believes Kim is on one hour of sleep because she stayed up all night with North and is feeding Saint around the clock, call me sometime. I have oceanfront property in the desert to sell you.

• Love 10

That was so bad I don't even know if I'll be able to watch it again just to snark. Khloe is a terrible host, watching her continually push her hair out of face made me want rip her hand off, & her overly cheerful manner seriously got on my nerves. I hated the stupid games (I had to FF through the "Nicki/Farah" thing at the end it was so bad), phoney phone calls? really?, & the way Khloe opened the door & pretended that each guest wasn't just waiting outside the door for their turn was ridiculous. Kendall's story about how Khloe got drunk & came into her bedroom & humped her was horrifying, WTF Khloe? It's bad enough when she tackles them, but she crawls into their beds & humps them? Oh, & when Khloe told Snoop that most people didn't know how "dope" he was to his family made me gag, you're so cool Khloe, you use words like "dope" to rappers.

The only interesting things in the entire hour were finding out Kendall can't drink (medication?), & that Kourtney got pregnant while using birth control. No way this doesn't get canceled soon.

• Love 2

Yep, Kendall won't be 21 till the end of the year. My sister got pregnant on BC. She had a bladder infection from hell, even Cipro wasn't clearing it up, and they finally did an ultrasound to see if there was something going on. After about a month of antibiotics, they did the ultrasound and asked her if she knew she was pregnant. Um, no. The cocktail of antibiotics had basically cancelled out the BC. BC pills aren't failsafe, especially of you aren't diligent about taking them, the time of the day, what else you are one, or you know, actually taking them and I'm not 100% sure Koutney (or my sister for that matter) was. 

Kim's being raked over the coals for the call and honestly, the little snip I saw a clip of wasn't all that bad. She could have said a hell of a lot worse things if her 20 year old model sister really was pregnant. 

• Love 1

Kim knew the call was coming though, that's why the first words out of her mouth weren't "have an abortion." It's illegal in many states to record phone calls without permission, and I believe CA is one of them.

As far as Kourtney, she wanted a baby but Scott wasn't on board so she "forgot" to take her Pills.

• Love 3

I almost changed the channel as soon as she said in her introduction "yes bitches, another Kardashian show, ". Always keeping it so classy. I wish I did change it but it was like a trainwreck.  And you know something is bad when I feel like I have to defend Kim. Kim really did sound tired during that ridiculous prank call and it sounded like Saint was cranky, the call seemed to never end. Then Khloe saying "you cant come on my show until you lose the L B S. Tacky. I suppose if she were to ever get pregnant she would be blessed and not gain weight? Even Snoop couldnt save this mess.

I didn't watch, but maybe Khloe's remark was in reference to Kim's giving Kris a hard time about being appearing on Kris' talks show because she was still fat after giving birth to North. I think she ended up doing a video of just her head.

• Love 2

Kendall can legally drink in every other western country, plus Japan. And she does travel a fair bit. I imagine her shitty parents are absolutely ok with her drinking, so long as she hides it.

Edited by Kokapetl

I watched this with an open mind and was quite disappointed and often bored.  The similarities to Watch What Happens Live were obvious (Khloe admitted as much on WWHL on Sunday night).

Of course, it was the first episode and they could tinker with the show to try to make it better (I'm not holding my breath).  I thought the biggest problem was that it was -- at the same time -- not structured enough and too structured.  I think they need to pick a lane for the direction of this show (if it survives).  I guess the good thing about filming it only a couple of days before it airs, is that they haven't already filmed all the episodes making it too late now to change anything.  But, back to it being too structured/not structured enough:  They can't pretend like the show is a spontaneous, "whatever happens, happens," etc. party, while at the same time having formal, planned out "games."  Or, at the very least, if there are going to be planned out games and a strict schedule that's being followed, make it a little less obvious.

We'll see what happens with this.  I might give it one (possibly two) more chances, but it will really depend on who the guests are at this point.

Too many lame games, such as Yes or No Shag and the fake as hell surprise phone call.  It would be so much better just to stick with talking about current topics or semi-interviews with the guests.  If games are necessary for a time filler, at least create original ones instead of ripping off other shows.

• Love 1

It would be so much better just to stick with talking about current topics or semi-interviews with the guests.  

You're assuming that a Kardashian has any clue about current events.

• Love 3

I love that nickname, "Khlogre!"

I keep seeing "blind" items about this terrible show.

http://blindgossip.com/?p=75956

The producers hate Khloe and say she's lazy and not putting any work into the show at all. They are so used to having Mommy Kris do everything for them, they think that if they show up in time to something, they are working hard.

Can't wait to hear this krap is kancelled.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 1

Kocktails With Khloé generates record ratings for FYI
Khloé Kardashian's talk show is the network's most-watched premiere to date

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/25/kocktails-khloe-ratings-fyi

It appears that quite a lot of people wanted to have cocktails with Khloé

The Jan. 20 premiere of Kocktails With Khloê became FYI’s most-watched premiere to date, according to Nielsen.

The premiere featuring Khloé Kardashian in her first solo gig lured 496,000 total viewers – a 183 percent improvement over the net’s average in primetime. It also averaged 313,000 adults 18–49.

Kardashian’s first guests included Snoop Dogg, Kendall Jenner and Aisha Tyler. The next episode will air on Wednesday. 

Kardashian’s previous TV shows included Khloé & Lamar and Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami. She remains a mainstay on E’s Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

Kocktails With Khloé airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. ET.

Scott? Really? When was this taped, does anyone know?

I think yesterday - i saw a pic of everyone going to the studio. Don't think it was a good idea to have a recovering alcoholic on a show centering around cocktails...but what do i know :)

• Love 1

No I agree. The end especially where everyone did a toast holding alcohol and Scott is sitting there with water looking uncomfortable SMH. Way too soon to surround him with that. Did Khloe use her brain at all when putting him on this?

Tyga is VILE. I can't stomach him at all.

• Love 2

This show is absolute torture. This episode is even worse than the first one. Way too long at 1 hour. The games are boring, have been done before, and are unoriginal. What is with the fake doorbell? And the enthusiasm of having guests arrive at different times. It makes it fail as a talk show, and also as a game show. You can't walk the line in between...

Khloe is so stiff and still trying to find her legs. She is scripted and still reading the TelePrompTer. Reminds me of when she was doing X factor with Mario Lopez....she should have learned her lesson and taken some classes in hosting. It feels forced, stilted, not comfortable. Dressed up like you are going to the club, way too much makeup, and can barely keep the convo flowing without her cue cards. When I have friends over, we chill and relax. This is way too forced

Having all the Kardashian-hanger-ons for episode 2 shows it's going downhill fast. They couldn't even book a legit celebrity like last week with Snoop. A YouTube star is her unknown element for th week. Tyga needs to drop off a bridge somewhere. What is he relevant for besides being a cheap Chris Brown wannabe and banging an underage check. Plus, a sold out tour does not last for 2.5 weeks...a sold out tour would last several months.

Malika was my favorite guest on this epi. She would probably do better hosting the show next week, or being a regular sidekick. She has personality and can hold a fluid conversation. My only issue with her is that she always plays herself down to white privilege. She allows them to typecast her, and it's sad and pathetic. Just because you are black and single, doesn't make you a slut. Why let Khloe keep dissing her dating choices? "Never held a white ball in her life," ----"

Morgan is a total cypher. Sensible, but totally uninteresting.

Disick, denial party of one. If everyone you meet is saying you are a douchebag, then chances are, you are really a douchebag. This was just for him to spin his side of the story. He doesn't focus on his kids, he is a total narcissist (as are all Kardashians),

I tried, I just couldn't do it. I started watching, but the youtube sycophant gushing about Kanye was my limit. I deleted the episode & the series recording. I'm out.

• Love 4

Is this show awful, or is this show awful?  Never-mind, that was a rhetorical question. This show is AWFUL.

Khloe seems to be the only one enjoying herself that she's forcing that. There was so much 'dead air' in the show that I almost missed the canned laughter and applause.

I told myself I wouldn't watch the second episode but for some bizarre reason, I did. I think that deep inside I was hoping that there would be more substance to this train-wreck. I couldn't believe that it was actually worse. Everyone felt awkward and didn't quite know what to say. And what's up with Scott hiccoughing all the time? I've noticed that before but he was non-stop hiccoughing. I wondered if he's on some sedative or drugs that's causing that reaction.

Tyga, Scott, Malika, and Jenna Marbles didn't mesh together as guests in the same way as last weeks guests just didn't click. No matter how forced Khloe's attempts at rallying some kind of humor and fun with those god-awful lame games, it was a dismal fail. I didn't even know what they were talking about during one game when Malika and Jenna were doing some schtick about hastags. That went right over my head.

Khloe can bring her foul mouth and references to penises, vaginas, waxing, farting, burping, and overall nastiness to the Kardashian franchise but if she's betting on that type of humor to pull her through in her own show, it's not going to happen. I'm embarrassed to have watched it a second time and won't again. As I said in another post it's a show about nothing at all.

I think people were curious because there was so much publicity and hype about it they just wanted to check it out. I'll bet the majority of those who watched the first show haven't turned in to see the second one.

Is FYI a new station?

The network originally launched in 1999 as The Biography Channel—an offshoot of the A&E television series Biography

• Love 2

Kocktails With Khloé generates record ratings for FYI

Khloé Kardashian's talk show is the network's most-watched premiere to date

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/25/kocktails-khloe-ratings-fyi

Butttt, isn't this a station that no one watches?  It is the best show on the worst station.  Are those numbers good?  Have they dipped since the premiere?  I cannot imagine anyone will want to watch this on an on-going basis.

• Love 2

Not only was this episode terrible but I HATE those braids on Khloe and then coupled with that tacky denim jumpsuit she had on, ugh it was actually kind of distracting. Kylie can't get any more boring. People always talk about Kourtneyss monotone voice but Kylie sounds practically sedated. I dont particularly care for Nicole/Snooki but I loved that she called Khloe out for being a total bitch to her when she first met her.

Edited by howmanywords

Well, there is this review

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/kocktails-khloe-review-article-1.2504060

"It's komplete krap!

"Kocktails with Khloe" arrived on A+E’s sister FYI channel Wednesday night because TV desperately needed yet another talk/reality/docu-series featuring members of that krazy Kardashian krew.

“Yes bitches it’s another Kardashian show,” Khloe, 31, said to open the program.

Like, OMG — please no.

“Kocktails” was a miserable mishmash of fast talking and kwik kamera kuts that was as difficult to follow as a gum-popping waitress in a loud bar."

More at the link....

And...even Cosmo doesn't like it

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a53223/kocktails-with-khloe-episode-3-recap/

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 1

Khloé Kardashian’s ‘Kocktails With Khloé’: FYI Orders More Episodes

FYI has greenlit 15 additional hourlong episodes of Khloé Kardashian’s Kocktails With Khloé primetime talk series, nearly tripling the original eight-episode order. The episodes will air weekly, immediately following the current eight episodes, and will run through June. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10 PM on FYI.

The announcement follows the show’s January 20 debut as the highest-rated series premiere in network history across key demos, with episodes two and three leading FYI to its highest-ranked digital viewing days on record. Kocktails with Khloé also delivered triple-digit growth across all social platforms for FYI, according to the network. The series is produced for FYI by Craig Piligian’s Pilgrim Media Group.

“Khloé and her iconic brand have struck a chord with FYI viewers, who have been extremely interactive with the show on social media,: said FYI’s SVP of Programming and Development, Gena McCarthy. “Her ability to draw upscale millennial viewers across all our platforms in record numbers is a game changer for FYI.”

Kardashian hosts and executive produces Kocktails With Khloé, which is taped in a Los Angeles-based studio in a set is designed to replicate an intimate home environment, with no studio audience. In each episode, celebrity guests, friends and family join Kardashian in the kitchen and around the table to dish on their lives, pop culture, fashion, celebrity gossip and more.

Craig Piligian and Derek W. Wan are executive producers for Pilgrim. Executive producers for FYI are Gena McCarthy, Toby Faulkner and Lauren Wohl.

“Khloé’s creativity, wit and work ethic make her a perfect host and an ideal partner for Pilgrim,” said Piligian. “We’re thrilled to continue working with Khloé and FYI as we further our unique spin on primetime talk.”

You have got to be kidding me, PLEASE be kidding me. This piece of crap show is a big success? How is that even possible? Are the Kardashians getting all their fans to tune in every week?

• Love 4

I watched it tonight. I caught a bit of one with Kyles and Kourtney. This is the stinkiest piece of dung on the air right now. Just awful and stilted and boring and awkward. I can't believe those ratings. I really can't.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 1

I saw an Instragram from Khloe showing her guests for this week.  I have no clue who any of them are.  I gave this show one and a half chances, but I'm out.  The positive side of this is that it turns out I actually do have a breaking point for crappy reality television, and Kocktails with Khloe is it.  And this is coming from a girl who gleefully tuned in to watch Rock of Love and that show with Flavor Flav every week for who knows how many years.

• Love 6