Type keyword(s) to search

Extant in the media

Wasn't Ethan 'everywhere' at the end of last season having magically uploaded himself to the computer networks ?  Why would he want to go back to just being in a artificial body ?

Opposable thumbs?

So Nancy Botwin's late husband (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) is co-starring as

...JD Richter, a mercenary and bounty hunter who's described as a "roguish womanizer and a cop of the future." A big drinker, JD is fearless because he has nothing to lose, and according to CBS, "he thought he had seen everything until Molly Woods (Berry) enters his life." ...

Hrmmm. I'm still undecided about giving this show another chance, and that last line "according to CBS" doesn't bode well.
  • Love 1

Jeffery Dean Morgan (aka almost twin of Javier Bardem) is on the show?? Cool. He's currently on a miniseries called Texas Rising and he's quite a good actor.

More casting news. Hilarie Burton cast on Extant. From Spoiler TV: I'll put the relevant paragraph on Extant in here under spoiler tags.

Hilarie Burton hinted Hostages Cast Hilarie Burtonthat she may be playing a bad guy on Extant. Do you have any more info about what we can expect? –Annie

The Tree Hill alum’s Season 2 arc kicks off with Episode 2, where she’ll be playing Anna Schaefer, a government operative charged with overseeing the militarization of the Humanichs program. Anna causes great moral discomfort for Julie (played by Grace Gummer) and Charlie (Tyler Hilton) as she pushes the boundaries of what is ethically sound for the robotic soldiers they are creating — so, yeah, “bad guy.” (As Hil once said: “You know me. I can’t go anywhere without causing trouble! That’s just how it goes.”)

• Love 1

I swear when I saw Jeffrey Dean Morgan in the ad for Season 2, it struck me as possible (or even likely?) that the showrunners just recast the part of "John Woods" without writing a whole new person for JDM to play. (Does that make me cynical?)

• Love 2

I swear when I saw Jeffrey Dean Morgan in the ad for Season 2, it struck me as possible (or even likely?) that the showrunners just recast the part of "John Woods" without writing a whole new person for JDM to play. (Does that make me cynical?)

No, not cynical - hopeful. Alas no though. JDM is playing a new character called JD Richter. Also, it was mentioned in an early article that John Woods

would be killed off very early on, most likely in the first episode. So I wonder, did Goran Visnjic decide not to come back, or was he 'let go.'

• Love 1

I swear when I saw Jeffrey Dean Morgan in the ad for Season 2, it struck me as possible (or even likely?) that the showrunners just recast the part of "John Woods" without writing a whole new person for JDM to play.

Like Darren #2 on Bewitched? I actually wish shows would do that instead of coming up with convoluted plots to account for actors' necessary departures. It the norm on stage.
  • Love 1
(edited)

Wasn't Ethan 'everywhere' at the end of last season having magically uploaded himself to the computer networks ?  Why would he want to go back to just being in a artificial body ?

You know moms -- always telling kids to get outside and play.

Hey, maybe "John Woods" can build a tidy little army of killer childbots who can tear the Bug People of Reticulum to tentacled slime with their bare pudgy hands. (Spoiler!)

I predicted a war a war between the robo-children and the alien hybrids last season.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1

Visnjic is replacing William Fichtner on Crossing Lines, the Eurocop show. I'm not sure if that came before or after they decided to write his character off Extant.

That gives me a reason to watch the next season of Crossing Lines.  As much as I like Visnjic, his character didn't work on this show.  Or maybe this show didn't work..

(edited)

Visnjic is replacing William Fichtner on Crossing Lines, the Eurocop show. I'm not sure if that came before or after they decided to write his character off Extant.

Too bad Fichtner and Visnjic can't just swap shows, but Fichtner's got a ton of new stuff listed on IMDb. No surprise. Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

I will miss Visnjic. He's been one of my faves since ER.

Swore I was not going to waste another however-many-hours of my life on S2 of this show, but it's getting good buzz. (Entertainment Weekly gave the S2 premiere ep a B+, for example.) Still, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

• Love 2