Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Talk: Kelly and Yolanda Help Local Law Enforcement Agencies Solve Cold Cases

A place to discuss the various cold cases that Kelly Siegler and Yolanda McClary attempt to solve across the country including story arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Overall I think the show works, but you do on occasion really get the impression they're stretching things to make things seem like a slam dunk that aren't.

I also doubt they ever really head into a "case" where they haven't done a ton of legwork and have a pretty good idea ahead of time pretty much exactly what they're going to find.  Somewhere between the original cases and what we see hit air some preliminary team has already been there and uncovered most of the revelations we see them uncover. 

• Love 2

I'm a Midwest girl, but I lived in Dallas for 23 years.  Having escaped, there is almost nothing I miss (other than my friends, of course), but Kelly's voice makes me sentimental for something I can't define.  So onto the DVR it goes.  Suddenly I'm yelling, "Johnny Bonds!" everywhere.*

*kind of like "Denny Crane!"

I'm totally charmed by the ladies' hard, smart work and the small townies they're assisting. Everyone seems genuine & earnest, in the best way. And the PO-lice (love me some Southern accents!) are grateful. . .so far, so good! Glad it was picked up for another season. I feel like it's a more heartfelt, less cold-hard-facts-only "First 48", but just as factual--make sense? 

• Love 1

I discovered CJ a few weeks ago by accident and was almost immediately hooked; my DD and I binged S1 and then the first part of S2 in a few days. This is a surprisingly enjoyable show about murder.  We generally avoid murder-related reality shows because they seem to be an excuse to show and discuss violent and horrible acts.  Some of them seem to luxuriate in the most awful details.  But CJ seems to show and discuss violent things without really get into the crime details for fun. 

One thing I really appreciate from the ladies, since I'm from nowhere holler TN, is that they generally don't make the local authorities look like Buford T. Justice or sadists who go around getting info with threats from Deliverance.  They genuinely seem to be interested in going in to support and help and give resources that haven't been available.  It is really cool how they find everything they can and then they step back and let the local group take over.

Enjoyed discovering the show very much, thanks VOD, the gift to people who miss their VCRs...

• Love 6

Breaking news in the Alma Noffsinger case:

"Steven Noffsinger found not guilty in Paulding, Ohio trial" 

http://www.progressnewspaper.org/Content/News/News/Article/Jury-acquits-Noffsinger/198/1182/189655

Would be interested to hear more about this trial.  So difficult to prosecute cold cases-- and apparently the defendant had

local people show up to support him.  That could be persuasive to a jury.  But maybe we'll hear more details about the verdict soon.

• Love 1

I discovered this show last night and I'm hooked. The first one I watched was the murder of the full-term pregnant girl named Marisol and I see her killer was convicted. Yeah!!! I hate all criminals, but I especially despise gang bangers and wouldn't care if every single one was immediately wiped off the face of the earth. Anyway, I'm surprised I like this show so much. I really enjoy the puzzle solving aspect.

• Love 3
(edited)

I didn't realize that this show even had more than one season until I read about the lawsuits and professional hot water Kelly Siegler is facing. I only watched a few episodes from the first season, and only because they featured the Rachelle Escalante case from my hometown. I remember the months and months that her body outline persisted on the highway in front of the museum and the wild rumors that are still passed around in Globe. I will have to look up some later episodes.

Edited by azshadowwalker