Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Eve of Destruction

At least the blonde hair is actually suppose to be a wig for "Eve", but it still doesn't stop me from laughing anytime she shows up wearing that.  Is it suppose to be a disguise or something?  Because if it is suppose to make Eve blend in, then I don't see that working out at all.  Everyone would be too busy staring at the person who looks like a cross of Sia, Lady Gaga, and a Russian femme fatale from every cheesy action movie ever.

So, we've now got Bailey Chase leading the Black Claw as their face: at least in Portland.  The Black Claw clearly has a lot of reach, since one of them ended up being part of the Wesen Council and murdered the entire Council (minus Alexander.)  Also, they think that one of them has infiltrated Portland PD.  Only likely suspect that comes to mind is Hank's temporary partner.

Oh, great.  Nick and Adalind finally kiss.  At least they stopped it after that, but that is already going too far.  I know I should be more angry about it, but I'm more just chuckling and shaking my head, because I really think most of this isn't out of malice, but these writers are just to infatuated with Claire Coffee, that they can't comprehend that what Adalind did to Nick was rape, because in their minds, anyone would be lucky to have a night out with her.  Oh, you silly writers!

Meisner though, seems to be having a think for Adalind too, which worries me, since I can totally see the show killing him to make Adalind sad or, more then likely, suddenly turn into a hexenbiest again.

As usual, Monroe and Rosalee continue to be the best, followed by Wu.

Oh, great.  Nick and Adalind finally kiss.  At least they stopped it after that, but that is already going too far.  I know I should be more angry about it, but I'm more just chuckling and shaking my head, because I really think most of this isn't out of malice, but these writers are just to infatuated with Claire Coffee, that they can't comprehend that what Adalind did to Nick was rape, because in their minds, anyone would be lucky to have a night out with her.  Oh, you silly writers!

Meisner though, seems to be having a think for Adalind too, which worries me, since I can totally see the show killing him to make Adalind sad or, more then likely, suddenly turn into a hexenbiest again.

I think the writers really, really don't want to admit that it was rape...or they just can't wrap their minds around the fact that it was (in which case, SHAME ON THEM!!!!).  The ironic part is that, if they were to acknowledge it as rape--even if, say, it is Adalind or Hank or Monroe who acknowledges it and Nick still can't "go there," it could actually be an interesting plot point.  But, once again, this show doesn't do interesting plot points.

I really don't think they'll kill Meisner off unless it ends up that this is, in fact, the last season of Grimm (which it looks like it will be, but I just don't know with all the other factors going on).  Damien Puckler is *very* popular with a certain segment of the audience (you know, those who appreciate hot guys...) and he's a good actor, so I think the show will keep him around.  He's also the only option they have for a "gray" character since they neutered Renard in season 2 and neutered Adalind this season.

I am easily amused, I guess, because the names Trump and Cruz just made me snort.

I'm not at all a fan of a romantic relationship between Nick and Adalind. Not fond of the kiss. But the actors have boatloads of chemistry. Too bad the characters should never be together.

• Love 2

How did the Black Claws have the funeral for their fallen comrades? Their bodies were still in police custody, were they not? As well, how was it that the dead bodies were still in street clothes? Should they had been autopsied by then?

Renard told Hank and the others to fingerprint the bodies and said they needed to get the hell out of there. So I don't think the police were ever called. Later we see the leader of the Black Claws on the scene surveying the damage. I'm assuming this is when he gathered the bodies and took then back to home base to be buried.

I thought it was stupid for them to put Xavier in a jail cell until they could set up protective custody for him. I knew that wasn't going to end well. Why didn't they just leave him at the spice shop until they could set something up? Or were they planning to use police resources to set up protective custody?

The love triangle setup was awkward of course, but I trust that Adalind will not just pick one of them and form a stable, multiepisode relationship - wouldn't work for TV.

The triangle is not quite set up yet, but it's coming with Adalind/Nick kissing, Messiner recalling his time with her and in a previous episode Adalind being clearly moved by seeing Messiner again. Adalind and Nick are very messy. They've both done things to each other that can be deemed unforgivable, but I am intrigued by whatever this is that's developing between them. I'm also interested in what might develop with her and Messiner, if she can get out the house. I understand why she's not working because Kelly is only a few weeks old, but I am tired of seeing Adalind in gray sweaters and pants, playing housewife.  She has more knowledge than cooking and changing diapers. She has knowledge to contribute to the human and Wesen worlds. I want to see her get back in the game. 

All and all I thought this episode was descent. I enjoyed it.

• Love 3

I admit I miss Nick and Juliette together.  I figure Bitsie and David might have wanted to break their characters up to avoid the "passion fatigue" of being together on the job and off the job.  I did kind of like the way Nick's meeting with Eve misfired.  He was all het and ready for a huge emotional confrontation and she was really just planning to get minor tactical support.

I still can't stand Nick and Adalind together.  I keep replaying in my head that if the sexes were reversed ("Addison" pretended to be "Jules" to seduce "Nicole") this rape-date concept wouldn't have seen the light of day.

• Love 4

This show makes me sad to watch. It had so much promise at one time.

The writers have clearly been under the influence of some heavy shit the last few seasons. The only thing that's even half interesting is the Black Claw & the Wesen Council being taken out. That's a big deal & something we've barely talked about because of the bad choices they've made. They've even managed to screw up a really great character. No, NOT Juliette! Trubel. They've made her into this shady person who we don't know if we can trust.

They've spent this entire series making us HATE Adalind. I'm sorry but I'm not as forgiving as Nick obviously can be. Does he really think Juliette would've burned down the trailer & set the trap for his Mom if she wasn't a Hexenbiest? No she wouldn't have. Who was to blame for Juliette becoming a Hexenbiest? Adalind!! I can deal with Eve and Bitsie's bad acting as long as Eve FINALLY finishes Adalind off. For the longest time, I was hoping that Nick was just helping Adalind since she had Kelly. But when he said something like Juliette being alive doesn't change how he feels about Kelly and her, I knew what was coming. How could the writer actually think we'd be ok with any of this?? The ratings go down every episode. I really don't think it can be saved at this point. I just hope they get one more season so they can tie things up. Whether I watch it or not depends on whether Adalind is alive & whether or not they screw up the only 2 characters I still love- Monroe & Rosalee.

• Love 1

I deleted this off my DVR schedule once Juliette was revealed to be alive. I came here to read & am now definitely sticking with that choice. I enjoy most of the characters, even Adalaid, but I am not wasting my time on Juliette. I can not abide her. Stupid Grimm.

• Love 1

What a crazy episode. I can't believe the Wesen Council is gone. You'd think they would've had better security.

I really didn't mind the way the whole "Juliette is alive!" story was explained. I really thought it was going to be stupid. I just don't understand what it is that they're keeping her in. Is it a cell? Can she move around freely? What did they do to her after she healed? I hope these questions will be answered.

Personally, I don't understand how anyone can like Adalind. Maybe it's because people didn't like Juliette. But she is the reason for everything that's ever gone wrong for Nick. It really made me mad that Nick treated Juliette/Eve. Adalind is the reason Juliette became a Hexenbiest in the first place! But she got a pass because she had that brat? Since she got pregnant, Nick hasn't treated Adalind even close to the way he treated Eve in that restaurant. Even if you didn't like Juliette's character, you have to feel bad for her. She tried to stand by Nick & so many things happened to her. After all that, I think finding out Adalind was pregnant was her final straw. She shouldn't have set up Nick's Mom, but that was the anger, resentment, bitterness, betrayal, & sadness she felt mixed with a Hexenbiest. I don't think Juliette could've done any of that if she wasn't a Hexenbiest.

Then Adalind & Nick kiss? If it wasn't for Monroe & Rosalee, I may have stopped watching. They may not even be enough if Nick & Adalind get together.

Juliette chose to stay in a relationship with a Grimm when she knew how dangerous his life could be instead of packing her bags and moving on with her life.  

Good episode.

So glad that Alexander survived that purge. New Juliette now named Eve was pretty lazy writing, but not surprising. Now I'm eagerly waiting for the 100th episode.

I, too, like that Alexander survived and hope he's on his way to Portland!

Juliette chose to stay in a relationship with a Grimm when she knew how dangerous his life could be instead of packing her bags and moving on with her life.  

I, too, like that Alexander survived and hope he's on his way to Portland!

Yep, she stayed and dealt with stuff for better or worse.  Then she got the magical equivalent of a mental illness that drove her criminally insane.  I don't blame Juliette for what she did.  I very much blame Adalind (and of course the writers) instead.  Just out of curiosity, has Adalind even once apologized for what she's done?  Even once said something like "Hey, Nick, I'm sorry for fucking up your life and the lives of those you love, including your mom, who tried to help me and ended up dying because of shit that I did."  Anything even close to that happen?

• Love 6

Yep, she stayed and dealt with stuff for better or worse.  Then she got the magical equivalent of a mental illness that drove her criminally insane.  I don't blame Juliette for what she did.  I very much blame Adalind (and of course the writers) instead.  Just out of curiosity, has Adalind even once apologized for what she's done?  Even once said something like "Hey, Nick, I'm sorry for fucking up your life and the lives of those you love, including your mom, who tried to help me and ended up dying because of shit that I did."  Anything even close to that happen?

I don't think Adalind has ever apologized to Nick or Juliette.  

As for Juliette, she dumped Nick back in S2 and should have stayed out of his life or at the very least, left town like she threatened to do after being bitten by Adalind's cat.

Actually Adalind did apologize tonight..something like "I'm really sorry for everything I did to you. I wish I could take it back." And of course THAT wipes the slate clean. The kiss just made me want to puke.

Nobody has mentioned yet how Meisner has some badass reflexes..and I thought the fight with Trubel was one of the few I could actually see. So, he can go toe-to-toe with a Grimm..and "break" a Hexenbeist. He really is a badass. Wish we could find out if he was Wesen, Grimm, or something else,

I cheered when Alexander got away. I'm pretty sure he will end up in Portland...though with uprisings occurring all over the world,,he would probably be useful anywhere.

Department store mannequin..that's my first thought also when I saw Eve. Except she can talk. Well, kinda....and am I the only one who really couldn't tell much difference in the characters of Juliette/Eve except,that Eve is SLIGHTLY more stone faced than Juliette?

And the irony of Nick getting all pissed at Eve for setting him up and killing his mom. Yet ,,he will kiss his rapist. Gah.

And I loved the scene of Rosalie owning Xavier in the car! She is one badass fox!

It's very sad how this show has been reduced from "must see TV" for me to "oh, yea, Grimm is on the DVR, guess I should watch it"

• Love 4

As for Juliette, she dumped Nick back in S2 and should have stayed out of his life or at the very least, left town like she threatened to do after being bitten by Adalind's cat.

Juliette dumped Nick due to the effects (and aftereffects) of the previous evil fucking thing that Adalind did.  Once she got out from under it (which took most of the season) she got back with Nick.  Really the show's run from 2.20 - 4.13 was appointment TV for me in terms of Grimm.  I especially liked the friendship between Juliette and Rosalee.  I miss the hell out of that.  Once 4.14 hit, though, the show pretty well turned into

oOXDJDU.jpg

• Love 7

Showrunners: "Rape Victim + SERIAL RAPIST = OTP!!1!"

Ugh, what the fuck?

"Eve's" wig is so fucking awful, it's hard to believe that someone who actually creates character costumes on a professional basis came up with it.  If you want to show "emotionless killing machine", then go with a super tight bun or something, and not a hairpiece that is instantly memorable.

Juliette dumped Nick due to the effects (and aftereffects) of the previous evil fucking thing that Adalind did.  Once she got out from under it (which took most of the season) she got back with Nick.  Really the show's run from 2.20 - 4.13 was appointment TV for me in terms of Grimm.  I especially liked the friendship between Juliette and Rosalee.  I miss the hell out of that.  Once 4.14 hit, though, the show pretty well turned into

oOXDJDU.jpg

I see you've been to the Something Awful Grimm thread too.

Edited by Mars477
  • Love 1
If it's not Adalind/Meisner, that must mean we're headed for Juliette/Meisner, so get your gag reflexes ready.

Juliette is a terrible character, and Tulloch is a terrible actress.  Pairing her with another character isn't going to improve Juliette or improve Tulloch's acting. 

I deleted this off my DVR schedule once Juliette was revealed to be alive. I came here to read & am now definitely sticking with that choice. I enjoy most of the characters, even Adalaid, but I am not wasting my time on Juliette. I can not abide her. Stupid Grimm.

The Savior of Portland storyline is ridiculous.  She is not the focus of the show.  And she shouldn't be the Big Boss.  I'm not a fan of Nick, but he's the center of this show.

She shouldn't get to play hero after the stupid shit that she pulled last season.  And she damn knew what she was fuckin' doing when she sexed Kenneth, set up Nick's mother to be murdered, and burned the Grimmabago.  Juliette said that she liked her powers; she chose to drink that potion; and Tulloch admitted that she liked that Juliette is a badass.  She is no fuckin' victim. 

I think I'm finished with this show, but I'll read the snark. 

I just watched the second episode of The XFiles.  It was freakin' amazing.  I can't imagine watching the clusterfuck of Grimm after watching a great show with similar themes.

• Love 4

Finally getting into Meisner's head and learning he does have feelings for Adalind but is playing it stoic was a nice bit of info.

Yes, but I have to admit I laughed out loud when his wistful flashbacks of Adalind began with her in labor. What kind of man fantasizes about his beloved in the throes of contractions?

• Love 6

No more Wesen Council. Did no one on that Council ever suspect or imagine that someone would try to take them out? Now what? Rosalee starts one of her own?

So long Wesen Council - we barely knew you.

I thought Renard was arranging to get rid of the bodies. Somehow they all got left there. That was some blaze. I think someone would have noticed funeral pyres for 20 people. 

Well, in my neck of the Oregon woods, people frequently have large burns, and we're kind of used to seeing the smoke from them. So if they're not in the middle of town, I could buy that it goes unremarked.

I'm thinking "Juliette" is dead because they revived the body, but not the soul, but somehow that retains memories and powers and nothing else. Which, I can live with.  Just get rid of that awful wig.  Why it makes her almost robot like in terms of listening to orders, I don't know.

I don't think it was the wig - I think it was the acting choices. And, it's pretty much in her wheelhouse.

At least the blonde hair is actually suppose to be a wig for "Eve", but it still doesn't stop me from laughing anytime she shows up wearing that.  Is it suppose to be a disguise or something?  Because if it is suppose to make Eve blend in, then I don't see that working out at all.  Everyone would be too busy staring at the person who looks like a cross of Sia, Lady Gaga, and a Russian femme fatale from every cheesy action movie ever.

So, we've now got Bailey Chase leading the Black Claw as their face: at least in Portland.  

I think, like Sia and Lady Gaga, the wig actually disguises the person - they could use a number of similar women in the same wig for different actions and eyewitness testimony would be useless. Given the tweet earlier in the forum, I suspect they're going to use more than one heinous wig.

Love Bailey Chase - did anyone else find it amusing that his name is Lucien (the name of his character's uncle in Longmire)?

I actually didn't hate this too much, given that I prefer wesen of the week stories, hate arcs with overwhelming odds, and am not fond of Juliette.

Putting the guy in lockup was stupid - especially since they've had bad experiences with that before. I recently saw a picture of a blobfish which must have been the inspiration for that disgusting wesen woge.  See if you agree: http://www.discovery.com/dscovrd/wildlife/meet-the-blobfish/

• Love 1

So who is the Black Claw insider at the Portland PD?  Is it that temporary partner Hank had?  He seemed vaguely shady or disaffected, or something. 

Did I miss something? Why do we think there's a Black Claw insider in the Portland PD? 

Well she apologized to Nick in this episode. The problem is that Nick doesn't know all the stuff she did or why she did it. He still doesn't know to this day that Renard was behind the attempted hit on his Aunt Marie. So until he knows everything she's apologizing for, it doesn't count.

• Love 2

Yes, but I have to admit I laughed out loud when his wistful flashbacks of Adalind began with her in labor. What kind of man fantasizes about his beloved in the throes of contractions?

It was a very intense shared experience that obviously affected him. It is not so uncommon for men to get emotional when recalling such an experience. The scene also showed us that Meisner is very human and not a just stone-cold fighter.

I don't think it was the wig - I think it was the acting choices. And, it's pretty much in her wheelhouse.

I think, like Sia and Lady Gaga, the wig actually disguises the person - they could use a number of similar women in the same wig for different actions and eyewitness testimony would be useless. Given the tweet earlier in the forum, I suspect they're going to use more than one heinous wig.

Yes, the wig and heavy eye makeup serve as a disguise so that no one can tell what she really looks like.underneath it all. It is not to blend in. It is also perhaps to get her "into character" as a killing machine when she goes on a mission, similar to superheros needing their costumes, except Eve is not supposed to be a hero.

• Love 3

It just occurred to me. Wasnt Alexander basically an assassin for the Wesen Council. And he's inside the council chambers unarmed? I would think a dude like that would be armed ALWAYS. And we see him run behind the gunman to get away. So, he didn't try to even take a shot at this gunman? I could be wrong, but I didn't see a group of assassins,,,just one. I think Alexander could have handled him, especially from behind. Maybe The Hague (where the council was ) is some sort of "gun free zone"? Still, Alexander should be armed.

And when the choice is "return to my room to pack my bags" or "get the hell outta Dodge" ..you choose the first one? And then the crap hits the fan , so you end up on the second choice anyway, leaving your bags behind? I think I overlooked this the first time through because I was looking at Alexander. He and Meisner need to team up.

And I think I'm still more creeped out by the slug Wesen more than this puffer fish thing.

Edited by neuromom

Poor sentence structure on my part.  I never meant that I thought the wig made her robotic.  I meant I could live with that change if they'd just get rid of the wig.  Then new thought in the next sentence which was why having "Juliette" being gone made her so totally robotic wasn't so well explained.  I thought they went too far with her willingly putting herself back into the cell.  Like a robot done with commands for the day.

• Love 1

It just occurred to me. Wasnt Alexander basically an assassin for the Wesen Council. And he's inside the council chambers unarmed? I would think a dude like that would be armed ALWAYS. And we see him run behind the gunman to get away. So, he didn't try to even take a shot at this gunman? I could be wrong, but I didn't see a group of assassins,,,just one. I think Alexander could have handled him, especially from behind. Maybe The Hague (where the council was ) is some sort of "gun free zone"? Still, Alexander should be armed.

And when the choice is "return to my room to pack my bags" or "get the hell outta Dodge" ..you choose the first one? And then the crap hits the fan , so you end up on the second choice anyway, leaving your bags behind? I think I overlooked this the first time through because I was looking at Alexander. He and Meisner need to team up.

And I think I'm still more creeped out by the slug Wesen more than this puffer fish thing.

My thinking was that he returned to get his passport (or passports...if he has a few identities), but then leaving the bag behind didn't sync with that.

Poor sentence structure on my part.  I never meant that I thought the wig made her robotic.  I meant I could live with that change if they'd just get rid of the wig.  Then new thought in the next sentence which was why having "Juliette" being gone made her so totally robotic wasn't so well explained.  I thought they went too far with her willingly putting herself back into the cell.  Like a robot done with commands for the day.

And I took it too literally and responded only to the wig/robotic thought. Sorry. Overall, I assumed that the change amounted to massive brainwashing (using probably brutal physical and psychological torture given the sounds we've heard in various previous episodes) and stripping her of identity and humanity (and...wesenality?),  so for me, the robotic worked well and I didn't have a problem with her going back to the cell. I may well be assuming too much.

Edited by clanstarling
  • Love 1

I knew I was officially done when 1) Nick and Adalind kissed and 2) Nock told Julieve that he could never for give her for what she has done. You cannot forgive Julieve (and I have never been a Juliette fan), but you can forgive a serial rapist who is the source of everything that Juliette did wrong. Nick has officially become a d**k of epic proportions, and when your lead is one of the biggest problems on the show, you have a show that is beyond saving,

The complete lack of emotions Julieve feels actually suits BT's complete lack of acting ability.

I don't trust Trubel and I don't trust Miesner.

The only people worth watching on this show are: Monroe, Rosalee, Hank, Renard, Wu.

• Love 7

Did I miss something? Why do we think there's a Black Claw insider in the Portland PD?

When the Black Claw killer got inside the jail and killed the slug wesen, one of the cops or Renard remarked that there must be someone inside (because they knew to find him in the jail cell).

The only people worth watching on this show are: Monroe, Rosalee, Hank, Renard, Wu.

Sadly, I pretty much have to echo that sentiment.  Nick is ruined for me, Teresa is not the same, and I despise what Meisner has done to Juliette.  They better not mess with the remaining unsullied characters in the final episodes. 

• Love 1

Well she apologized to Nick in this episode. The problem is that Nick doesn't know all the stuff she did or why she did it. He still doesn't know to this day that Renard was behind the attempted hit on his Aunt Marie. So until he knows everything she's apologizing for, it doesn't count.

Nick knows Renard tried to kill Marie in S2 episode 13 when they had their "Face Off" fight.  Renard admitted that trying to kill Marie wasn't about her, but the "key" and Nick beat the crap out of him.   In S2 episode 14, Renard talks about why he did not give the key to Adalind so she could give it to his brother.   Nick is a cop, so once he learned Renard's wesen and royal identities, its not hard to figure out that his commanding officer and girlfriend were the ones that went after Marie and Hank.

Edited by Darklazr

I knew I was officially done when 1) Nick and Adalind kissed and 2) Nock told Julieve that he could never for give her for what she has done. You cannot forgive Julieve (and I have never been a Juliette fan), but you can forgive a serial rapist who is the source of everything that Juliette did wrong. Nick has officially become a d**k of epic proportions, and when your lead is one of the biggest problems on the show, you have a show that is beyond saving,

THIS!  This is what I don' get.  Look, you can use the belief that the "hexenbiest" makes you do bad things--and that excuses everything Adalind AND Juliette did.  Or, you can use the belief that, no matter what, we are who we are and we are responsible for our own actions--and that means that Juliette AND Adalind are ultimately responsible for every shit thing they've done.  But you can't use one reasoning for Adalind and another for Juliette.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 4

Alexander probably grabbed his paperwork and left the bags on the bed, because he needed to escape.  

I see BT was in last night's opening credits, boo!  

I wonder if Momma Grimm's body has been found in order to attach her head?!

I've decided to ride out Grimm the same way that I did the other shows that eventually ended.

THIS!  This is what I don' get.  Look, you can use the belief that the "hexenbiest" makes you do bad things--and that excuses everything Adalind AND Juliette did.  Or, you can use the belief that, no matter what, we are who we are and we are responsible for our own actions--and that means that Juliette AND Adalind are ultimately responsible for every shit thing they've done.  But you can't use one reasoning for Adalind and another for Juliette.

Exactly!   

• Love 2

Nick's place on this show has been replaced by Eve/Juliette, Truble and Meisner and maybe that's because DG is leaving after S5?  I could see the show wrapping up Meisner, Truble and Eve/Juliette's current arc during May sweeps which could send Adalind and Diana off the show for good and the return of the Grimmabago and not dead Momma Grimm.

Nick's place on this show has been replaced by Eve/Juliette, Truble and Meisner and maybe that's because DG is leaving after S5?  I could see the show wrapping up Meisner, Truble and Eve/Juliette's current arc during May sweeps which could send Adalind and Diana off the show for good and the return of the Grimmabago and not dead Momma Grimm.

I'm pretty sure the only way DG would leave is if the show ended.  He has said over and over again that he wants the show to go on as long as possible and he feels very lucky to be an actor employed on this show.

But, yeah, he's completely pointless right now...

I don't really see Eve replacing Nick.  Eve seems to be a weapon.  She doesn't even really seem to be controlled so much as aimed.  Meisner knew that Nick and company would be ambushed by Black Claw so he probably told her "Kill everyone except Nick and company."  At the restaurant, Meisner probably couldn't be certain how discriminating Eve would be (she might kill everyone there to make sure she got her victim's "accomplices").  So, Meisner probably told her to meet Nick and kill her target, trusting that Nick could deal with any bodyguards and otherwise covering the scene.  Eve may remember what she did, but she seem completely detached from any emotional connections with her past or anything else.

This must have been an easy episode to write.

X happens.

Character A calls Character B and tells them about X

Character B hangs up and tells Character C about X

Character C calls Character D and tells them about X

Character D hangs up and tells Characters E, F and G about X

E, F and G stand around and tell each other they cannot believe X happened.

Y happens. Repeat.

The entire episode had five minutes of actual plot and spent the rest of the time having characters tell each other about what we just saw - generally while on the phone. 

I'm hoping that the next Wessen that rolls into town eats Cell towers.

• Love 12

I know she chose to stay in the relationship- she knew that the things that were happening weren't necessarily Nicks fault. That doesn't make the things that happened to her any less horrible.

I especially liked the friendship between Juliette and Rosalee.  I miss the hell out of that. 

I was thinking about that the other night during the show. I miss the friendship between Juliette & Rosalee more than I miss the relationship between Juliette & Nick. I hope that Rosalee gets to meet Eve.

Putting the guy in lockup was stupid - especially since they've had bad experiences with that before. I recently saw a picture of a blobfish which must have been the inspiration for that disgusting wesen woge.  See if you agree: http://www.discovery.com/dscovrd/wildlife/meet-the-blobfish/

When I saw the link. I really didn't think the blobfish was going to be as gross as the Wesen. I was wrong.

• Love 1

When I saw the link. I really didn't think the blobfish was going to be as gross as the Wesen. I was wrong.

Read the article about it, you have to wonder why the hell it even evolved.  It can barely move.  What's the point? Nature can be so weird.

I loved how everybody turned away when Xavier started to woge.

• Love 1

THIS!  This is what I don' get.  Look, you can use the belief that the "hexenbiest" makes you do bad things--and that excuses everything Adalind AND Juliette did.  Or, you can use the belief that, no matter what, we are who we are and we are responsible for our own actions--and that means that Juliette AND Adalind are ultimately responsible for every shit thing they've done.  But you can't use one reasoning for Adalind and another for Juliette.

To make matters worse, while Adalind may not have chosen to become a hexenbiest initially, she definitely chose to get her 'biestiness back after she lost it. So if anyone is more culpable for actions taken while a hexenbiest, it is Adalind. While, technically, in this episode Adalind apologized, it felt like the kind of apology one might give for vague, minor offenses -- definitely not a "sorry I raped you, and your partner before you" tone. Robo-Eve managed to seem more genuinely aware of the depth of her offenses, when she said she remembered everything.

Again, the problem is not whether or not Nick forgives Juliette. It is that either Nick has lost all coherence as a character or he is, as noted above, "a d**k of epic proportions". Having written off the main character as someone I could care about, this is the only question that interests me right now:

Nobody has mentioned yet how Meisner has some badass reflexes..and I thought the fight with Trubel was one of the few I could actually see. So, he can go toe-to-toe with a Grimm..and "break" a Hexenbeist. He really is a badass. Wish we could find out if he was Wesen, Grimm, or something else,

I hope it turns out that Meisner is neither wesen nor Grimm, just a badass human. I wanted this before the recent episode, but seeing that he basically beat Juliette into submission, I would feel a little better about him as a character if he at least did so at great personal risk -- i.e., normally hexenbieste can eat humans for dinner.  

• Love 1

To make matters worse, while Adalind may not have chosen to become a hexenbiest initially, she definitely chose to get her 'biestiness back after she lost it. So if anyone is more culpable for actions taken while a hexenbiest, it is Adalind. While, technically, in this episode Adalind apologized, it felt like the kind of apology one might give for vague, minor offenses -- definitely not a "sorry I raped you, and your partner before you" tone. Robo-Eve managed to seem more genuinely aware of the depth of her offenses, when she said she remembered everything.

Lest we not forget, some of the worst things Adalind did, she did while she was NOT a hexenbiest.  As I've said before: the problem is not that Adalind is a hexenbiest, it is that she is a sociopath.

As for the apology--from what I heard, it was the kind of apology my 5 year old son makes to get out of any perceived trouble.  

"Did you leave your toys out?"  

"I'm sorry."  

Did you bite your sister?"

"I'm sorry."

"Don't play in the backyard--it's full of dog poop."

"I'm sorry."  

(Yes, those are ALL real conversations!).

In other words, the apology is not any means of communicating remorse--it is a mechanism to escape responsibility (and,yes, we did explain that he was not responsible for the dog poop).  

Plus, what does Nick *not* know about Adalind yet...

1 - WHY she raped him (although he apparently has no problem with the bigger issue of SHE RAPED HIM!)

2 - That she killed someone to get her powers back

3 - That she sold her child to get her powers back and then renegged on her part of the bargain, which is what led to pretty much all the crap Nick has gone through

4 - She gave the royals all the information she had on Nick's mother

5 - That she seduced/raped Hank on Renard's orders (now, I'm really perplexed why this one hasn't been addressed yet).

This is not to say that what he does know (all the other crap she's done) isn't a big deal.  But, I think an apology would be much more powerful if it was....

"I'm sorry I did {insert ONE crime here}.  I did it because {insert reason}, which is not acceptable.  I see why I was wrong and I'll never do it again."  And then repeated for every one of her actions against Nick and his family and friends.

• Love 4

I'm thinking "Juliette" is dead because they revived the body, but not the soul, but somehow that retains memories and powers and nothing else. Which, I can live with.  Just get rid of that awful wig.  Why it makes her almost robot like in terms of listening to orders, I don't know.

I've actually been operating under the assumption that the insinuations about "she was dead" is that she's a cyborg. So that would totally explain the robotness. But I do remember BT's acting skills, so I may be reaching. Still, maybe she locked herself up so no one could disturb her while she literally recharged overnight. (For Buffy fans: she may be Adam-redux. Ugh. Even with the names.)

I don't think there is. But it seemed like the team thought there was because Xavier was killed in lockup. As opposed to just a Wesen intentionally getting arrested at the right time to get at Xavier through adjacent cells, which was convenient but what seemed to happen. Unless the assumption is there must be an inside man who ensured the adjacent cells...

I mean, I think their paranoia is justified. It's smart to assume a mole. If the Wesen council had one, why not PPD?But they did seem to sort of jump to it.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 1

It's smart to assume a mole. If the Wesen council had one, why not PPD?But they did seem to sort of jump to it.

On this show?  They said there was a mole because the writers decided this week there had to be a mole in the PPD.   Next week, no search for a mole, just move on to the next case/fight.

• Love 3

I don't blame Nick for being upset with Juliette. She destroyed the trailer which contained his family's history and participated in the death of his mother. I wonder if Nick believed he was raped plenty of women who have been drugged have questioned themselves. Juliette chose to be a wesen when she refused Rosalee's attempt at a cure.

• Love 1

I don't blame Nick for being upset with Juliette. She destroyed the trailer which contained his family's history and participated in the death of his mother. I wonder if Nick believed he was raped plenty of women who have been drugged have questioned themselves. Juliette chose to be a wesen when she refused Rosalee's attempt at a cure.

Yes, but she was already under the influence, as it were.  She enjoyed the power.  She wasn't completely herself.  She was originally trying to help Nick, and it had horrific unanticipated effects, not of her making.  That doesn't mean Nick shouldn't be horrified at what she has done with the power.  Of course, Adalind did nasty horrible stuff with her power, as well.  And he's kissing her and sleeping in the same bed. 

• Love 1

Yes, but she was already under the influence, as it were.  She enjoyed the power.  She wasn't completely herself.  She was originally trying to help Nick, and it had horrific unanticipated effects, not of her making.  That doesn't mean Nick shouldn't be horrified at what she has done with the power.  Of course, Adalind did nasty horrible stuff with her power, as well.  And he's kissing her and sleeping in the same bed. 

So, here's my take on this--and I'm not trying to defend Juliette because, as everyone who has ever seen an after school special, arson and murder are not the best way to deal with our emotions.  (The more you know....)

Juliette was pissed--really, really pissed and, frankly, I think she had the right to be.  Adalind had previously stolen her memory and caused obsessive behavior for another man.  She then stole Juliette's identity and then used it to rape Nick.  What did Juliette have to do to reverse that?  She had to become a woman she hated, and hated for very, very good reason and have sex with her boyfriend, knowing that her boyfriend was seeing and, ahem, experiencing someone else.  At the time, she even told Nick it was the one time he could "cheat on her."  And what did Nick have to do?  Have sex.

Then, all hell breaks loose and she really becomes something that she hates.  When she seeks help, she's told she just has to learn to deal with it.  When she tells Nick, he freaks out (not blaming him--that was a completely natural reaction.  However, Juliette being in a vulnerable state, she wasn't able to see it that way).  Then she finds out that her archenemy, the cause of all her problems, is having a baby which SHOULD be hers. Her life is completely out of her control...until she learns that she can use these powers to have what feels like control.

So, when she walks into the spice shop and Nick holds out a glass and tells her to drink the corpse juice because then she can be normal (i.e. acceptable to them) again, of course she's going to refuse it.  I don't blame her for that.  Of course, I also wouldn't have blamed Nick and the gang if they chose to physically subdue her and then force her to drink it, but whatever.

Now, does that excuse her from burning down the trailer and abetting the murder of Kelly?  Nope.  It doesn't even really excuse her temper tantrum at the spice shop....but it does explain why she didn't want to drink the corpse juice.

It also doesn't excuse Nick for completely forgetting about all the shit that Adalind pulled over the years--and the fact that she is the one ultimately responsible for Juliette's transformation into a hexenbiest and what came from that.  Between the three of them--Nick, Juliette, and Adalind--I don't feel there is one who deserves my pity.

• Love 4

On this show?  They said there was a mole because the writers decided this week there had to be a mole in the PPD.   Next week, no search for a mole, just move on to the next case/fight.

Actually, it's a safe bet that there's a mole, because Slugman wasn't actually arrested, so no public record. They put him in the cell only until they found a safe house for him. At best, Black Claw knew or assumed he was with the Grimm Gang, but there was no way they should have known for sure he was in a cell. What we know that the Grimm Gang doesn't, is that Big Black Claw knew Slugman was still in police custody -- he said so to one of his minions. He'd only know that if he had info.

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • Love 1

Oh I agree that it would seem logical based on the given facts in the episode.   However, have you noticed the writing on this show?   We spend more time analyzing each little thing than they do.   I refuse to attribute logical thought processes to this writing team.

• Love 1

I do think that having Nick and The Scobby Gang figure out that their is mole in the PPD is one of the better choices this season. 

As someone who in on an indefinite hiatus from the show, I would say that this does sound a hell of a lot better than anything else they've got going at the moment.  To be fair, though, it sort of has been done already--the bauerschwein cop from the tribunal arc wasn't exactly a mole, but he was pretty darn close.

Yeah, you are right but still the whole, "hey we have a mole in our mist" is still, IMO, lightyears away from what we have been dealing with this season.

Honestly, the way this show is going, I almost wish they would just go back and re-hash story lines that worked.  They can't be trusted with new ideas....

Martin Meisner was the last one seen with Diana, and he also was working with Kelly who seemed to be raising her. So Adalind should ask him where she is

Yes, but Adalind doesn't know that Meisner last had Diana.  Also, Meisner and Kelly never really worked together other than when he dropped her off with Kelly so that they could fly off in the air tank.**  At that time, he even told Adalind he had no idea who Kelly was.

**The show may go back and say that they did work together in the time between when Kelly left town with Diana and when she showed up and lost her head.  However, as far as I know (admittedly, I could have missed it--I'm on an indefinite hiatus from this show until they cut the Nick and Adalind crap), they have never even suggested that.

Either way, they either need to do something with Diana or erase her from canon. Having her floating her around out there indefinitely just continues to compound the problem the longer it goes on. 

I seriously can't care about this show right now it is so bad. I like how Nick moved to this abandoned lead chip factory for safety and yet consistently feels free to turn his back on both Adalind and Trubel no matter how untrustworthy or sketch either of them behaves. 

Monroe is a gem.

• Love 3