Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Eve of Destruction

Nick and the gang are still reeling from the scope of the ambush and the surprise return of "Juliette", but not everything is as it seems. In light of the heightened Wesen violence, Monroe and Rosalee seek answers from the Wesen Council. Meanwhile, Trubel has some information for Nick that will help him get what he is looking for.

So I wish I could say that I liked tonight's episode but unfortunately it sucked big donkey balls. *sigh* Plot was a snore, Juliette is still boring even as the big,bad,powerful Wesen killing machine *snort* and everything else was a blur. At least they could have given us a shirtless Renard to make up for this dreck *shakes angry fist*

• Love 6

I deliberately missed the first six episodes and at least some of this since I turned over whenever Adalind was onscreen.  It is interesting how they seem to be both expanding and blowing up the established world.  I assume that Alexander will be making his way to Portland.  I note that Meisner was recalling Adalind wistfully.  Maybe she could go with him instead of Nick since he doesn't mind dating a two-time rapist.  Eve's (lack of) personalty suits Bitsie's less emotional acting style.  I kind of like the Platinum Terminatrix, even if the wig seems to be of style that indicates that they're going to send her into the past to kill Don Draper.

• Love 3

Nick is a freaking cop.   Whose boss is a Zauerbeist.   Why doesn't this Hadrian's Wall thing just go to him and TALK to him?  You know, lay it out, these are bad Wesen who are doing bad things, can you help us?   Much better than luring him to out of the way places and blowing people's brains out with their tame Hexenbeist's powers.

Clearly Juliette is still pissed at Nick, et al about drinking the potion.   Yeah, none of this is her fault.   Except she is clearly choosing to do what she can with the power she now has.   While enjoying it greatly.   Just UGH.

The show is called Grimm not 2 Hexenbeist, One Grimm.   Just let Nick be a Grimm Cop.   The Wesen Counsel has been completely wiped out.   You need someone like him to protect the good ones while killing the bad ones.   

• Love 2

If the organizations and people on this show had been reasonable, the plotlines would likely have ended two seasons ago.  Meanwhile, whatever you think of the show, this is from Bitsie's Twitter account and will never not be funny.

CZ0pBXcUUAA2D6A.jpg

• Love 9

Not to knock Bailey Chase ( *sigh*), but for a guy who's not supposed to care about blowing up the wesen masquerade, why the Viking funeral in a secluded woody spot? These folks dies " a warrior's death" and humans appreciate that. Surely Lucien wasn't... afraid of the ceremony being stopped? ::eyeroll::  Your hitman woged as he killed, but your funeral was secluded and your guys didn't woge after one's head got exploded. Really?

I am giving the show one more episode, but I just about didn't get past that dumbass kiss. Then talk about maybe down the road?! Really??!! "Let's make sure it's about us." Because folks talk that way with their rapists. ::eyeroll with safety net::

For a (supposedly) learned and security-conscious group as the Wesen Council, they were all about making sure of folks' bona fides ( like Nick and Rosalee)- until they weren't.  It read as a complete surprise, the ambush. There should have been either a dying recrimination or something. The massacre was as stupidly shown as the previous "war".  There have been too many shortcuts and I have mostly run out of patience.

Also, the opening quote and the implications of Juliette/"Eve" 's flashback have me metaphorically at the door with my bags.

The absolute, wholesale lack of any building to anything having to do with stories TPTB wanted to tell this season ,and in this half of the season, has been tenuous at best, non-existent at worst.  I love the cast, but watching them try to make a silk purse out of this desiccated prairie oyster would mean potentially making them go through this crap longer. #FreeGrimmCast!

• Love 3

The absolute, wholesale lack of any building to anything having to do with stories TPTB wanted to tell this season ,and in this half of the season, has been tenuous at best, non-existent at worst.  I love the cast, but watching them try to make a silk purse out of this desiccated prairie oyster would mean potentially making them go through this crap longer. #FreeGrimmCast!

Not that I'm watching this episode (or season), but from what I've seen and read here, I do feel sorry for everyone on that cast.  They all deserve better.

I don't feel at all sorry for the cast and they would probably bristle at the idea of people feeling sorry for them. For almost five years now they have had steady jobs earning a lot of money in a very competitive industry and the longer they stay on the show the greater their future earnings in residuals from syndication. They have advanced their careers, improved their Q scores and, assuming a sound investment strategy, achieved long-term financial security. What's not to like about that. They don't need anyone's pity.

I liked the episode. It was entertaining and that is all I expect from this show. So far I am liking this season.

• Love 13

It was an okay episode. If I hadn't been recording other stuff on my PVR this week and saw that the show came back, I probably would have missed the show's return. I tuned in and out. Watched while checking things out on the iPad.

No more Wesen Council. Did no one on that Council ever suspect or imagine that someone would try to take them out? Now what? Rosalee starts one of her own?

Is Juliette's 'Eve' looking for an 'Adam'? Is that Meisner?

Black Claw = Four Claws.

Roadrunner meet Coyote again.

Nick, your only obligation to Adalind is child support. Hexenbiest talk is cheap (screaming works better) and she's most likely using you. No 'us' unless Adalind finds her soul and does some searching. She'd jump to get her powers back even if it means digging up another person.

• Love 1

Nick, your only obligation to Adalind is child support. Hexenbiest talk is cheap (screaming works better) and she's most likely using you. No 'us' unless Adalind finds her soul and does some searching. She'd jump to get her powers back even if it means digging up another person.

Unless they actually prove paternity (or maternity), I'm not sure he even owes her that.  I'm still holding onto my belief that she's full-powered, has been for quite some time (maybe the entire time) and is using her hexen mind-control that they made such a big deal about in season 4 on him.  That is the only scenario I can imagine that would convince me to give this show another try.   (And thank you to all you brave souls for watching it and reporting back!  Is it too sad that the think I'll miss most when this show is canceled is this forum?)

• Love 1

Obviously the cast enjoy each others' company, as evidenced by john tfs' picture. I am not pitying the people, I am wishing more fulfilling acting jobs for them. Not that earning a steady check is anything to sneeze at. Plus, if they are that financially well-off, I'm sure they'd be laughing into their champagne flutes, not bristling, at the silly fans who worry over them.

Obviously the cast enjoy each others' company, as evidenced by john tfs' picture. I am not pitying the people, I am wishing more fulfilling acting jobs for them. Not that earning a steady check is anything to sneeze at. Plus, if they are that financially well-off, I'm sure they'd be laughing into their champagne flutes, not bristling, at the silly fans who worry over them.

I just think they all deserve better written roles and scripts.  And my pity might be misplaced, but it is sad to see a cast contractually tied to a show that is sinking fast--which I suspect at least one of the leads recognizes, based on past comments and the fact that this actor--as far as I know--hasn't participated in a publicity interview in almost a year.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 2

Is the show close to the 100 episodes required for syndication?

It actually went into syndication about a year ago, so the core cast does have a nice paycheck coming in.  But, yes, it is usually about 100 episodes.

• Love 1

Unless they actually prove paternity (or maternity), I'm not sure he even owes her that.  I'm still holding onto my belief that she's full-powered, has been for quite some time (maybe the entire time) and is using her hexen mind-control that they made such a big deal about in season 4 on him.  That is the only scenario I can imagine that would convince me to give this show another try.   (And thank you to all you brave souls for watching it and reporting back!  Is it too sad that the think I'll miss most when this show is canceled is this forum?)

I don't know if Adalind is that clever. Full-on Grimm manipulation. That would be an interesting twist.

I don't know if Adalind is that clever. Full-on Grimm manipulation. That would be an interesting twist.

I don't know if the creative team is that clever.  They haven't been for quite some time.

But, going back to my original wish/theory--that would be the ULTIMATE revenge she could have against Nick.  

• Love 1

I don't know if the creative team is that clever.  They haven't been for quite some time.

But, going back to my original wish/theory--that would be the ULTIMATE revenge she could have against Nick.  

Adalind would need a plan. Being broke, not having a job, and living in some warehouse is a bit to get past. No hints of any involvement with her past, unless it was talking with a former coworker about getting a lawyer job. Which would wait until the baby got bigger and could go to daycare. She seemed to be a Hexenbiest who liked things and control with not much effort on her end. Maybe she is hiding her powers for a full on assault on Juliette/Eve.

For some reason, the old Star Trek original 'The Apple' comes to my mind. Eden ain't what it was made out to be. Beauty, she poisons unfaithful all.

Adalind would need a plan. Being broke, not having a job, and living in some warehouse is a bit to get past.

Okay, this I don't get.  Why do we assume she's broke?  She was a high-powered attorney who spent the past, what, year or so living off a royal family--so she probably spent little of her own money during that time.  I would think she's probably quite flush.

(I'm not arguing with you....the show is definitely painting her as being broke.  I'm just saying that it makes no sense).

• Love 2

Okay, this I don't get.  Why do we assume she's broke?  She was a high-powered attorney who spent the past, what, year or so living off a royal family--so she probably spent little of her own money during that time.  I would think she's probably quite flush.

(I'm not arguing with you....the show is definitely painting her as being broke.  I'm just saying that it makes no sense).

She seems dependent on Nick. Whether it's real or it's a game/scam/grift, who knows. Living off the Royals meant an allowance, probably. As long as she was useful.  Some rich people are rich for a good reason!  Perhaps she earned every dime she received.

Perhaps her bank accounts and any assets she has are frozen. As a high-power attorney, she could certainly afford a secure upscale condo, replete with security. And a few body grooming and maintenance sessions.

How did the Black Claws have the funeral for their fallen comrades? Their bodies were still in police custody, were they not? As well, how was it that the dead bodies were still in street clothes? Should they had been autopsied by then?

• Love 1

I've seen a lot of gross shit on this show, but Nick wistfully referring to his rape as that wonderful 'opportunity' Adalind gave to him and Juliette to have a normal life and then five seconds later making out with said rapist almost made me want to douse my eyes in gasoline and set them on fire.

And maybe I'm rewriting history here, instead of the writers, but wasn't Nick gutted when he lost his powers? Not looking at them as some accidental wonderful turn of events?

• Love 17

I've seen a lot of gross shit on this show, but Nick wistfully referring to his rape as that wonderful 'opportunity' Adalind gave to him and Juliette to have a normal life and then five seconds later making out with said rapist almost made me want to douse my eyes in gasoline and set them on fire.

And maybe I'm rewriting history here, instead of the writers, but wasn't Nick gutted when he lost his powers? Not looking at them as some accidental wonderful turn of events?

I'm really starting to think that Kouf/Greenwalt/Carpenter just want us all to forget  seasons 1-4.  I mean, really--nothing that has happened so far this season (that I've heard!) makes any sense if you consider the previous seasons.

• Love 2

By rights, the Viking funeral shouldn't have happened, TV Anonymous, but we aren't supposed to use our minds, if the writers had their way.  Or at least, it shouldn't have happened in the time frame we are expected to believe it happened in.

I did appreciate that these guys were portrayed as having loved ones who came out to the funeral though.

• Love 1

I can't help it, I want Adalind and Meisner together.  No to Nick and Adalind, I looked away from their special moment. Eve/Juliette, eh whatever, although I liked the end scene.

I think Adalind and Meisner is a much, much, much better pairing.  The chemistry is off the charts and since he tames hexenbiests, it could lead to some very interesting dynamics.   But, nooo........we get the Nick and Adalind crap, which is just outright offensive.  

I'm not someone who thinks that Nick needs to be with his "twooo luuurve" Juliette.  Frankly, at this point I think that pairing would be just too unbelievable (although I wouldn't find it nauseating--just pointless).  But Nick an Adalind?  No, no, no.  Again, it's throwing away 4 years of history for what?  Keeping a dozen people on twitter happy?

• Love 4

I'm with OtterMommy sitting here with a show on my dv-r that will probably go unwatched. And Ottermommy, I guess you picked a good time to bail, if there was a Nick/Adalind actual kiss. This way the stuff in your house gets to remain intact. 

If it's not Adalind/Meisner, that must mean we're headed for Juliette/Meisner, so get your gag reflexes ready. 

At this point, the question is whether or not I delete the show off the schedule.  I have been taping it, hoping that things would improve, but it sounds like it is just sinking like a boulder.  

And I'm sure my husband is happy that there was no breaking of furniture as result from my having to watch it!

• Love 1

To say something pleasant about the episode, I will say that  I enjoyed:

* seeing and hearing Reggie Lee/ Wu and Russell Hornsby/ Hank again!  Also, Monrosalee!

* Bailey Chase can rock a beard very well.

* Where the Black Claw Viking pyre was held was a lovely green area, even as I made fun of the secludedness of said pyre. I was actually a bit concerned about the fire and the nearness of the lovely trees.

What a crazy episode. I can't believe the Wesen Council is gone. You'd think they would've had better security.

I really didn't mind the way the whole "Juliette is alive!" story was explained. I really thought it was going to be stupid. I just don't understand what it is that they're keeping her in. Is it a cell? Can she move around freely? What did they do to her after she healed? I hope these questions will be answered.

Personally, I don't understand how anyone can like Adalind. Maybe it's because people didn't like Juliette. But she is the reason for everything that's ever gone wrong for Nick. It really made me mad that Nick treated Juliette/Eve. Adalind is the reason Juliette became a Hexenbiest in the first place! But she got a pass because she had that brat? Since she got pregnant, Nick hasn't treated Adalind even close to the way he treated Eve in that restaurant. Even if you didn't like Juliette's character, you have to feel bad for her. She tried to stand by Nick & so many things happened to her. After all that, I think finding out Adalind was pregnant was her final straw. She shouldn't have set up Nick's Mom, but that was the anger, resentment, bitterness, betrayal, & sadness she felt mixed with a Hexenbiest. I don't think Juliette could've done any of that if she wasn't a Hexenbiest.

Then Adalind & Nick kiss? If it wasn't for Monroe & Rosalee, I may have stopped watching. They may not even be enough if Nick & Adalind get together.

• Love 8

Meisner had flashbacks about Juliette and Diana.  I bet they sacrificed Diana to make Eve.  I'm also predicting that when Adalind finds out, she's going to go hexenbeist and kill Eve.  I really need to watch something else with Bitsie in it.  I don't know if her acting is just that bad or the writing is just that bad. 

I like how they wiped out the council without ever explaining it.  I imagine the rebellion is going to take out the four royal families that we know nothing about because the writers don't want to deal with them. 

To say something pleasant about the episode, I will say that  I enjoyed:

* seeing and hearing Reggie Lee/ Wu and Russell Hornsby/ Hank again!  Also, Monrosalee!

* Bailey Chase can rock a beard very well.

* Where the Black Claw Viking pyre was held was a lovely green area, even as I made fun of the secludedness of said pyre. I was actually a bit concerned about the fire and the nearness of the lovely trees.

I liked Eve's makeup.  It really made her eyes pop.  I dislike that I don't have the willpower to not subject myself to this series.

• Love 4

Meisner had flashbacks about Juliette and Diana.  I bet they sacrificed Diana to make Eve.  I'm also predicting that when Adalind finds out, she's going to go hexenbeist and kill Eve.  I really need to watch something else with Bitsie in it.  I don't know if her acting is just that bad or the writing is just that bad. 

In about a month you can see her on Portlandia (which I've taken to watching off my DVR when Grimm is on.  It seems fitting--at least when Portlandia is offensive, it is intentionally so).

I don't think they sacrificed Diana--I think they're saving her for episode 22 or something. Or they're just hoping we'll forget about her.

If it's not Adalind/Meisner, that must mean we're headed for Juliette/Meisner, so get your gag reflexes ready.

I'm not following this reasoning. I would love an Adalind/Meisner pairing, and I deeply hate the idea of Adalind/Nick. But I don't see any reason they would go with Meisner/Juliette. Meisner is not a major character, so there is no pressure to pair him off with just anyone. And given that his training of Juliette seemed kind of abusive, pairing them together would be unsettling. Not Adalind/Nick levels of squick, but pretty bad.

• Love 1

Well. That was painful. 

I have seen mannequins in department stores that look like Juliette. That platinum blonde wig is ridiculous. If you're trying not to get noticed, I think there are much better choices. 

I thought Renard was arranging to get rid of the bodies. Somehow they all got left there. That was some blaze. I think someone would have noticed funeral pyres for 20 people. 

• Love 3

I mostly like the other characters, but Nick is a total idiot the way the writers are portraying him.  I looked forward to watching this but got distracted by the PBS "American Masters" piece on Mike Nichols.  Usually, I'd go back and forth between the 2, but I didn't do that with this episode.  I wouldn't change the channel if it was an episode focused on Monroe/Rosalee, Wu and the other supporting cast.  But the writers are ruining the "Nick is a Grimm who becomes enlightened that they can maybe all get along" schtick with this implausible Nick/Adalind/baby shit.  Get rid of Nick, Juliette/Eve, and Adalind, and we have a show.

• Love 1

It's nice that Bitsie continues to prove that you can have acting skills that run the gamut from A to lowercase a, and still find gainful employment.

And there's nothing wrong with wishing that the talented actors in the cast were working with much better material.

Seriously, what the heck did I watch.

• Love 1

I have to say I enjoyed this episode. Not because it was good..oh no it was awful. But because it amused me to imagine the reactions of this board as every single thing that we didn't want to happen..happened. Juliet's back..check. Nick and Adalind kiss..check. More non informative dialog like, "what did you do to her?" "what I had to"..check. More people talking on cell phones..check. Dark fight scenes where we can't tell what the heck is going on..check.

Just watching the various reactions of the characters to the fact that Juliet is back was worth the price of admission, right there. Watching everybody put on their best shocked face..

I guess I'm just easily entertained.

Eve looked exactly like a (barely) animated department store mannequin.  

• Love 7

I'm thinking "Juliette" is dead because they revived the body, but not the soul, but somehow that retains memories and powers and nothing else. Which, I can live with.  Just get rid of that awful wig.  Why it makes her almost robot like in terms of listening to orders, I don't know.  I know they said Meisner "broke" her but that wouldn't explain just walking back into the cell to be put away for the night. I'm not going obsess about it though.

Truble is still seeming shady to me. And her acting is almost making Bitsie's look good.

I wonder how much havock this Black Claw group is going to wreak with all their crime and purposeful voging.

• Love 2

I'm thinking "Juliette" is dead because they revived the body, but not the soul, but somehow that retains memories and powers and nothing else. Which, I can live with.  Just get rid of that awful wig.  Why it makes her almost robot like in terms of listening to orders, I don't know.  I know they said Meisner "broke" her but that wouldn't explain just walking back into the cell to be put away for the night. I'm not going obsess about it though.

Truble is still seeming shady to me. And her acting is almost making Bitsie's look good.

I wonder how much havock this Black Claw group is going to wreak with all their crime and purposeful voging.

I can totally believe that Juliette is now is either a lich monster or a zombie and that it's the horrible wig that is keeping her alive (and making her do it's bidding).

As with the rest of the episode, IMO, it was watchable for me up to the point where the Wesen Council gets massacred. That part was so over the top and this was an episode where Juliette is "alive" where everything just sucked. Also, WTH was that kiss between Nick and Adalind?

• Love 1

By rights, the Viking funeral shouldn't have happened, TV Anonymous, but we aren't supposed to use our minds, if the writers had their way.  Or at least, it shouldn't have happened in the time frame we are expected to believe it happened in.

I finally figured it out.  We're not supposed to be paying that much attention because we're also supposed to be Live Twitting during the episode.  If you're busy with Twitface, you won't notice all the freakin' holes.  The scripts must look like lace doilies with all the holes in 'em.

• Love 1

It baffles me how deliberately tone-deaf the writers are to the audience - or what's left of them. Surely they see the ratings every week, don't they wonder why people are abandoning this show left and right?  Nobody wants this Nick and Adalind mess but the writers just love Claire Coffee so they forge ahead with this crap regardless of what the fans think of it.

At least this episode wasn't mired in a B-plot about some local crime like they usually are, and if there's one thing positive to be said about Dark Claw or whatever the hell it's called, it's at least more cohesive than all this Royals crap they've been spoon feeding us for the past four years. At least I get what's going on with the rebel group. I've yet to figure out what the hell the Royals do, or want.

But - yeesh - whoever thought it would be a great idea to turn Juliette into Kill Bill should be fired and never work in TV again.

You know, if Adalind is going to get all mushy over Nick, I think it's about time for her come clean on everything she's done and why, starting with the time she tried to kill Aunt Marie, on Sean Renard's order. Let's tell Nick about that and see what he has to say.

• Love 5

I love this show, but I ended up dividing my attention to cleaning and tidying while the show was on. I just don't care about the Eve stuff, and I really, really, don't like Nick and Adalind. It's like he's been brainwashed or something and forgot everything she did. Just because she was a hexenbeist didn't mean she wasn't choosing what she did. OMG. I can't.

I'm so frustrated. I wish they had actually killed Juliette and didn't bother with this whole Black Claw thing. I want them back to investigating quirky, weird cases. I'd love it if there was another "they can't know about this" person they all have to hide the Wesen world from.

Whatever happened to the keys? I MISS THE TRAILER.

I miss so much.

• Love 4

I liked this episode (yeah, on Friday nights I'm so tired from the work week just I am pretty open to low expectations). I did like that after they kissed Nick and Adeline were both 'yeh, no...' As long as Nick and Eve do not couple up I'll probably be okay with her. She does robotic well. I actually thought the short length of the wig really showed off her eyes and cheekbones and that she looked lovely.

I'm here for the long run as I enjoy most of the core cast. I hope the story is going somewhere though.

• Love 3

I liked most of the episode. I like the secret gov't organization and it has potential to keep the plot interesting for several episodes. They really killed Chavez too soon, because I want to believe that she knew of the technique to put a very powerful witch under mind control (another good plot point) and Martin Meisner was merely recruited as a international mercenary to follow her directions. She must have put the hidden facility together. Previous episodes have explained that Meisner is motivated because the royal family killed his girlfriend and his parents, and Sebastian once complained that maybe Meisner isn't trustworthy because of his bohemian or countercultural past in Berlin? So... I would like if they could briefly explain why Meisner is working so hard in the current war which is not targeted at royals, and if he is a wesen. He can't just be for money. Maybe he considers the black claw leaders to be nazis.

It was an interesting interaction that Trubel had misled Nick in not knowing about Juliette, and it was clear that the gov't organization keeps her in the dark as a worker, rather than a leader. But she isn't so subservient because she did go back to argue with Meisner, who is mostly in charge of the organization now (but why do the other staff remain?). Grimms have special powers which mostly amount to the skills to recognize Wesen and beat them in martial arts fights. But they still are not powerful enough to run everything. I wonder if later on Nick and Trubel will finally make an alliance and insist on asserting more decisions. I like that the organization has access to various technological tools.

The love triangle setup was awkward of course, but I trust that Adalind will not just pick one of them and form a stable, multiepisode relationship - wouldn't work for TV.

The actress who plays Billie is great, and I think she's a bit constrained in her role so far. Of course, making the cult leader guy a  dominant male makes him more of a jerk. I think they should grab some of the followers and convince them to become informants. Also - he is uniting different species of wesen who shouldn't naturally get along, so it would be fun if species with incompatible traits start bickering.

Keeping Alexander is good because he's a pretty snow leopard

Edited by ottilie

So Black Claw is Isis and the Wesen Council was the ineffectual government response? 

Weaponized Juliette being created by Meissner's beatings?  Like Monroe said near the end of the episode, "this is not cool" and Rosalee replied, "this just doesn't feel right."  Indeed.   

So who is the Black Claw insider at the Portland PD?  Is it that temporary partner Hank had?  He seemed vaguely shady or disaffected, or something. 

The Adalind/Nick stuff was just so cringeworthy.

• Love 1

Trubel is acting a little shady and I like that it gives her some layers. In the previous episode during her talk with Adalind, you got the feeling she knew where Diana was and that Meisner is involved but wasn't going to tell her and felt a little bad about it.

Finally getting into Meisner's head and learning he does have feelings for Adalind but is playing it stoic was a nice bit of info. I want those two crazy kids to work it out but my money is on just as Adalind chooses love (Meisner) over safety (Nick), Meisner bites it but not before telling Adalind where Diana is so she can be reunited with her kid.

Eve being an aged up Diana trained and programmed by Meisner and Co. was a really big missed opportunity. Not only to make her existence relevant but also to make Sean and Adalind more relevant with each taking a side over her being used as a weapon, Sean all for it, Adalind against it since she knows what it feels like for a parent to use their child in wesen games. And it putting her at odds with Meisner for having participated in her training.

Yay to Alexander being light on his feet and surviving the massacre. I'm down for an Alexander, Renard, Nick, Meisner, Trubel team up to kick some ass.

• Love 1