Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E03: Week 3

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

So Sharleen actually spoke to Olivia about the cankles conversation, and this is what Olivia had to say:

"So growing up, I was bullied really badly for being overweight. I've had people say horrible things about me. Boyfriends broke up with me because of my legs. I hate them. My first two dates I had to wear spandex and I was so embarrassed with all of these beautiful skinny girls. Then after the soccer game Ben said to me "your legs are long." I freaked out and thought OMG he hates them. Then he said, "I love them." I almost cried. I'd never heard anyone say that to me before. But we ran out of time and I wanted to open up to him about how much that meant to me. So [the night of the Rose Ceremony] I asked him how he was doing, told him I was there for him always, and then said that he told me something that changed my life. I opened up about my past. Then I said regardless of what happens, just that little thing you said showed me that there is a man out there that will look at me and not see the imperfections that I see. Showed me that I can love every part of me and someone else can, too. It was the first time I'd ever opened up to him and shown vulnerability. He seemed so happy and was smiling like crazy. I wanted to tell him that to make him feel good. That was my favorite conversation with him and it was completely butchered. Oh, and I didn't even get the rose last that day. I was fourth to last to get it."

I still find Olivia's disposition pretty insufferable regardless, but it is interesting to note just how manipulated the edit is. 

• Love 8