Type keyword(s) to search

American Ninja Warrior: Ninja vs. Ninja - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, srpturtle80 said:

Jesse LaBreck is a freaking beast. That’s all I got. 

Yes, she absolutely is.  I stayed up late last night to watch, and she was SO IMPRESSIVE.  Granted, she had a lead, but she beat Ian Dory!  I'm starting to think that she and Jessie Graf are in a category by themselves.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, srpturtle80 said:

Jesse LaBreck is a freaking beast. That’s all I got. 

She is awesome.  

That was a good episode.  Went right down to the wire.  Honestly, I thought Phoenix Force was going to do better and they got wiped out.  I still love me some Najee, though.

I love John Alexis Jr.  He's got a great attitude but he was the wrong fit for the climb at the end of the course.  His limbs are just too long.  You'd think that would be an advantage but it makes it too awkward.  Good idea to switch him and Flex, she owned the back third.

How many episodes left?  Like two semis and then the finale?

Great performance from Jesse. Jon running the first leg with those long legs helped, but Jesse came close to what I call the "trifecta": causing Matt & Akbar to defecate, urinate and ejaculate at the same time out of pure excitement. You know it's going to happen, either on NvN or ANW proper.

• Love 1

That was one of the episodes when I would have been happy for whoever won, at least, mostly - I love Nick Hanson and Jeri D'Aurelio and Jesse LeBreck.  It was hard to see the other teams be disappointed, but, really, such an amazing finish deserved to go through.  

BTW, I think it's going to be rebroadcast tomorrow night at 10 PM.  I hope that means it's going back to its former slot.  Monday nights at 11:10 PM is just too late for some of us!

So many falls on the spider climb last night.  Whew!

Good episode and I as happy it was down to the Lizard Kings and Party Time.  Very happy with the outcome.  The second to last race was a real nail biter.  And Barclay trying to hard to reach the top?  That had to hurt.  She can’t say sh didn’t give it her all.  

Next week is the finale.  I still think Daniel Gil’s team is one to beat.  That Kid is super good and Daniel Gil is...well...Daniel Gil.  Oh well, wait and see.

Glad there’s a new ANW on Wednesday, although I’m enjoying two ANW episodes a week and to cut it down to one will be hard.  I’m addicted.

• Love 1

I've been watching this show since what I think was its original incarnation (remember Brian Orosco? and they - all men - trained/competed at some scrubby-looking desert camp?) and have really been enjoying this season, despite the opaque bracketing arrangement and excessive length. Honestly, all last night's ep all I could think about was Jesse LaBreck's finale last week. That was one of the most amazing performances ever, and actually gets me a little teary-eyed.

• Love 2

@Destiny74 . . . next week is the last semifinal. Then we have the finale. We might get Flip vs. Lorin. That might be epic in itself.

Man, things got kicked up a notch. Something awesome and funny about Sean Bryan wedging himself on the Spider Climb, frantically trying to remain in place while resting his arms. And he kept Tri-Hards in the game to boot.

• Love 1

That was a good episode.  I still don't like having to run same relay twice.  I also didn't understand why Brian Arnold didn't take the last leg for himself, because he was obviously much better at the final obstacle than his teammate.  But it all ended well for them.  

Barclay was amazing.  She has such incredible heart.  I hope she isn't just too short to have success on the National Finals stage - that extra 4-5 inches can really be helpful.

I agree with @Dewey Decimate that Jesse's final run last week was amazing.  It's really the highlight of the whole season and right up there with Jessie Graf finishing stages at the National finals for me.

• Love 2

One last insane semifinal, as Team Ronin advances to the final. They'll be facing Iron Grip next week, while Labreckfast Club vies with Party Time for a shot at the trophy.. I'm not certain you could have picked a better final four.

Run of the night: Meagan Martin beating Michelle Warnky. On the extended course. They cleared all nine obstacles, so you know Matt & Akbar orgasmed so hard. Disappointment of the night was Flip vs. Lorrin. Flip wound up wiping out midway, so we didn't get a definitive answer as to who was faster.

• Love 1
(edited)

God love him, but Chris DiGangi is pretty useless out there. Good looking guy though.

Jesse LaBreck basically put her boyfriend on her back and said "I'm gonna get us this goddamn championship." Goddess. Jon Alexis Jr did great too!

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

God love him, but Chris DiGangi is pretty useless out there. Good looking guy though.

Jesse LaBreck basically put her boyfriend on her back and said "I'm gonna get us this goddamn championship." Goddess. Jon Alexis Jr did great too!

I agree.  DiGangi seems like a really nice guy and he does well enough in the traditional ANW comp but the head to head races?  He really doesn't compete.  Same with Tiana, bless her heart.  She is a good Ninja, not particularly great or strong.  

Yeah for Labreakfast Club!  Not that Jessie didn't have clout but NOW?  Totally can wear that BadAss badge.  She ran that team and was tough and strategic.  She's a warrior.

I love Jon Alexis Jr.  I think he is a hoot.  I'd he could work on speed, he'd be the man!  The height is already a great advantage but paired with more speed?  He'd be all that.

• Love 2

That was an AMAZING episode.  I thought for sure that LaBreakfast Club was out after Chris fell during the relay, but Jesse was all, "NOPE."  She really is amazing this year. 

I agree, @Destiny74, I loved seeing Jon Alexis, Jr. take advantage of his height on those obstacles, just serenely zipping on through.

I felt badly for Barclay Stockett - she's just a tiny bit too short and it holds her back.  

Next year, I hope they go back to 24 or so teams - the prelims seemed to go on FOREVER - and have it at a more workable hour - although I noticed that they've adjusted the timings so that it doesn't cut off at the end.  Oh, and find something else to do at the end that doesn't involve two teams running the exact same relay twice in a row.

• Love 2

I wouldn't say that Labreckfast Club was the longshot or even a dark horse. But the guys are not in the upper class of ninjas. Jon could make the leap this year. Shit, he can always make the leap because he's so damn tall. Jesse does make a case for being in the top tier of female ninjas. I'm hoping she clears Stage One.

Anybody else feel bad for JJ Woods? He was great in NvN, but he didn't qualify for the regional final. I know that happens to a lot of established veterans, but it sucks when the victim is a nice guy. Also amused that Tiana got to run against her old team.

I'd like more NvN. My main worry is that the need to create conflict on the course will lead to injury . . . or even worse, unfriendly rivalries. Look at The Challenge . ..  same damn people every season, and they also go after each other with knives. Imagine Meagan Martin clearing the Warped Wall in a Regional Final, only to get crowbarred in the back of the knee by Jessie Graf. I don't want that.

I can't wait to see Jon Alexis Jr. take on the 18 ft. wall in whatever city course he runs.  He should have it no problem, if he makes it through the course, which isn't a given this year (see JJ and other established ANW stars who didn't finish the city courses).