Type keyword(s) to search

Media Things

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

I get it, they're gender-reversing Fast Times ("Moving in Stereo" and Phoebe Cates was a big part of my adolescence). But would this fly at all if a bunch of middle-aged dads were ogling a teen-aged girl lifeguard?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Ew.  Just no.  I guess it’s supposed to be funny that all the middle age moms are slobbering over a guy that still a teenager.   

I mean imagine Hopper eyeing Nancy like that.  Would it be funny then?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AimingforYoko said:

But would this fly at all if a bunch of middle-aged dads were ogling a teen-aged girl lifeguard?

Yeah, good point.  The internet would melt down. 

I don't remember how old Billy is supposed to be, though.  Wouldn't he be 18 or 19 by now?

3 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

I get it, they're gender-reversing Fast Times ("Moving in Stereo" and Phoebe Cates was a big part of my adolescence). But would this fly at all if a bunch of middle-aged dads were ogling a teen-aged girl lifeguard?

On the plus side at least they were just staring unlike Judge Reinhold's Fast Times character.

• Love 1
On 5/21/2019 at 5:19 AM, VCRTracking said:

New character posters:

stranger-things-season-3-poster-millie-b

stranger-things-season-3-poster-finn-wol

stranger-things-season-3-gaten-matarazzo

stranger-things-season-3-poster-caleb-mc

stranger-things-season-3-poster-noah-sch

stranger-things-season-3-poster-sadie-si

stranger-things-season-3-poster-natalia-

stranger-things-season-3-poster-charlie-

stranger-things-season-3-poster-joe-keer

stranger-things-season-3-poster-maya-thu

stranger-things-season-3-poster-priah-fe

stranger-things-season-3-poster-winona-r

stranger-things-season-3-poster-david-ha

Dear lord, most of these people have very poor posture! They're going to be hunchbacked when they get old.

Winona seems to be the only one standing with her shoulders back.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, welnoc said:

Dear lord, most of these people have very poor posture! They're going to be hunchbacked when they get old.

Winona seems to be the only one standing with her shoulders back.

If these teen actors love the 80s so much, take a note of the 80s teen stars that have good posture. That would have helped the situation. Not that I care, though. I don't have the best posture, but I try. All is forgiven. I hope this is good. They all have grown up. 

We hope for scares and fun, so bring it on. Let the series begin.

15 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

take a note of the 80s teen stars that have good posture.

We had to have good posture in the 80s. It was the only way to hold all that hair up.

#BestDecadeEver

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

We had to have good posture in the 80s. It was the only way to hold all that hair up.

#BestDecadeEver

Trust me. I know.👍People of Generation X should teach them posture ethics. It could work. Come on, Generation Z. You could do better than that. No slouching.

Born in 1983, though. And more of a late 80s-90s kid.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Love 1
On 6/20/2019 at 10:35 PM, VCRTracking said:

Final trailer!

I shrieked in excitement when I realized that the fan theory I first saw on these boards after season 2 ended was all but confirmed in this trailer. 

Bring. It. On. 

• Love 2

According to Rotten Tomatoes (at this precise moment) the ranking is at 94% fresh with 31 critic reviews in.  Only two so far have been considered a non-fresh score:  Paste Magazine which rated it a 7.6 out of 10 and the Daily Telegraph UK rated it a 3 out of 5.

Of the reviews I've read before looking at RT,  all were really positive.  One thing that stood out in most of the reviews I read is that it sounds like everyone is given something substantial to do.  It doesn't waste any of the cast and even has good things to say about the two newest regular additions: Maya Hawke and Priah Ferguson.

• Love 1

Anyone have any recommendations for podcasts?  After the finale, I thought hey, let's see if there's an after show. So there's about a zillion of them.  Mostly rated 4.5 - 5 stars.  Is there anything that someone would especially recommend?

22 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Anyone have any recommendations for podcasts?  After the finale, I thought hey, let's see if there's an after show. So there's about a zillion of them.  Mostly rated 4.5 - 5 stars.  Is there anything that someone would especially recommend?

I usually watch the Stranger Things Afterbuzz on YouTube.

Winona Ryder and David Harbour answer questions on Youtube.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, VCRTracking said:

Thanks - I haven't watched any Afterbuzz YouTubes; I'm kind of lukewarm on their podcasts.  As they say, they want to be the "ESPN of podcasts" but I'm not sure that's the goal to strive for.  I do listen to some of them for shows I follow, though.  At least they can recap and discuss a show without going over the 1-hour mark!

I'd be glad to hear if anyone else has one (podcast) they especially like.

• Love 1
On 7/7/2019 at 5:21 PM, SoMuchTV said:

I've yet to find a podcast that goes episode-by-episode that I really love. I've listened to Strange Indeed and The Hawkins Report are they're both... fine.

One podcast that I do really love is The Watch and they've got a big season three wrap-up episode that was a lot of fun.

Also, The Recappables did a miniseries series of the season where they broke down episodes 1-34-6, and 7-8.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

That was a really entertaining video. They're very funny together.

• Love 2

Really enjoyed the video with Winona and David. She looked great and David would look better without the gray beard.

The picture of (going to use their show names) Mike, Will and Eleven that VCRTracking posted from Entertainment Weekly I think El looks like a young Natalie Portman.

Not quite sure if this is the right thread, but I wonder if everyone here is aware of the Twitter exchange between DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) and the Internet?

DARPA posted a Tweet saying that they were looking for a "human-made underground environment spanning several city blocks w/ complex layout & multiple stories, including atriums, tunnels & stairwells. Space sthat are currently closed off from pedestrians or can be temporarily used for testing are of interest".

Well, of course the Internet freaked out.  One Tweeter responded  that DARPA is "definitely not looking for new places to keep all the Demogorgons."  to which, DARPA had the best reply EVAHHHH: "Please. Demogorgons are such a Department of Energy thing."

• LOL 5
  • Love 1