Type keyword(s) to search

Media Things

• Start Topic

SAG award nominations:

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series - MILLIE BOBBY BROWN
Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series - DAVID HARBOUR
Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
Outstanding Action Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Comedy or Drama Series

• Love 1
On 12/14/2017 at 0:34 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

SAG award nominations:

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series - MILLIE BOBBY BROWN
Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series - DAVID HARBOUR
Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
Outstanding Action Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Comedy or Drama Series

Noah got snubbed hard. 

• Love 3
On 12/6/2017 at 10:28 AM, Hanahope said:

They'll need a time jump in the show.  The kids definitely looked more than just one year older to me in S2.  They'll grow even more for S3.

So when would this show stop their 80s timeline...1987 or 1988? They went 1983 by the 1st Season and in the 2nd season it was 1984.

That speech though, that was amazing. I don't think I've ever seen an actor do something SO different. It was beautiful and I loved how he thanked 3 women at the end. Including his mom.

So am I the only one not excited by more Erica? I feel like I’m alone there.

I also wonder how many characters they are going to squeeze into 8 episodes. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ch1 said:

No, your not. She is like a lot of small kids-entertaining in small doses.  I also am not looking forward to her and her friends that are going to be cast having there own storyline-it sounds like Duffer brothers are trying to recreate the magic of the boys from season 1.

• Love 7
(edited)

Are they doing this because the main actors are getting too old? This sounds like typical sitcom formula that plagued shows like Full House, Growing Pains, and others like that once the kids are no longer kids. The solution in those problems is that they bring in another set of kids. After all, Finn Wolfhard is doing a film with Steven Spielberg. His appearance might be limited this season.

Edited by Robert Lynch
39 minutes ago, Robert Lynch said:

Are they doing this because the main actors are getting too old? This sounds like typical sitcom formula that plagued shows like Full House, Growing Pains, and others like that once the kids are no longer kids. The solution in those problems is that they bring in another set of kids. After all, Finn Wolfhard is doing a film with Steven Spielberg. His appearance might be limited this season.

The show has Wolfhard under contract.  They have first rights to his time.

• Love 1
On 3/3/2018 at 10:58 AM, ch1 said:

I agree. I like her but a few well-delivered lines does not flesh out a character. And I've already been wondering what the whole point of adding more characters was in season 2. I still doubt the addition of Max and her clichee brother. They barely managed to give them any layers, now they're adding more characters?

• Love 4
On 3/3/2018 at 11:58 AM, ch1 said:

I had the same reaction. I liked the character, however part of the charm was that she just had a a few good one-liners, and wasn't involved, therefore had no idea what was really going on with Lucas. She just seems him as her nerdy brother. If she knew the truth, some of that would be lost.  In that article the line about "her friends" made me go "eek". I don't wish to see any of her friends, and hope that they aren't in the show at all. And don't think she should be involved in any major plots. They should be reserved to the already existing characters, who already don't always get screen time. Especially if there are only going to be 8 episodes.  She worked as a one note character, I don't think they should extended her beyond that.

• Love 3

I love Mike and Eleven and they had like no screen time together this year, so I'm fine with it, lol.

I was wondering how quick they're going to age these kids, since the plan is four seasons and then it's done, right? So they were in eighth grade this last year? That makes the next summer right before ninth grade, and then probably the final season will be set during their freshman year of high school or something. Maybe just after it.

I guess that works although most of the kids will be at least 15-16 in real life, some of them 17, by the time the show ends.

With production just starting next month I'm guessing we probably won't get Season 3 until...next spring? At least a year from now. Maybe even summer if they have to do extended visual effects stuff.

• Love 1
On 28/03/2018 at 1:50 AM, VCRTracking said:

Someone on Twitter speculated that the reason season 3 set in summer is so they don't have to deal with Eleven not being at school with the other kids.

That would make sense. It would also work well in terms of freeing the characters up to have more downtime that doesn't revolve around school. See the kids playing D&D together, see the various couples on dates, even Jonathan and Steve hanging out as friends.

Build the world of Hawkins as more than the school, the lab and the Byers and Wheeler houses.

I do hope that season 3 doesn't have the characters as isolated from one another as season 2 (and even season 1) did. Steve spending time with the younger kids was great, but I'd like to see Jonathan and Nancy doing that too. And see the older teens spending time with Hopper and other adults.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

I do hope that season 3 doesn't have the characters as isolated from one another as season 2 (and even season 1) did. Steve spending time with the younger kids was great, but I'd like to see Jonathan and Nancy doing that too. And see the older teens spending time with Hopper and other adults.

I do but I love the structure the show does where the adults, the teens and the kids are all doing their own thing and they each end up with one piece of the bigger picture and then they finally come together and work out a plan in the penultimate episode. It's why I think Stranger Things works  better as a miniseries you can fit in all those different plotlines whereas in a movie you'd have to focus on just the kids, or Nancy and Jonathan, or Joyce or Hopper.

By now though they probably know enough to realize they would work together sooner than later It's why I don't mind Erica getting more involved because she's not going to call Lucas or his friends if she ran into some Upside Down weirdness.

While I am glad that the Stranger Things cast got a huge bump in their salaries, I am not going to lie, I feel I bit uncomfortable with Millie Bobby Brown making so much more than than her male peer co-stars, who apparently are in what is consider the "2nd tier" of the salary hikes, while she is rivaling Winona Ryer and David Harbour in salary, who are 1st tier. The kids are all set for life and are pretty easy going in interviews, but it really does make her seem to be the defacto star of the show (and I get she is the break out), when I think they all equally contributed to the success.

• Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

While I am glad that the Stranger Things cast got a huge bump in their salaries, I am not going to lie, I feel I bit uncomfortable with Millie Bobby Brown making so much more than than her male peer co-stars, who apparently are in what is consider the "2nd tier" of the salary hikes, while she is rivaling Winona Ryer and David Harbour in salary, who are 1st tier. The kids are all set for life and are pretty easy going in interviews, but it really does make her seem to be the defacto star of the show (and I get she is the break out), when I think they all equally contributed to the success.

Is that number accurate? I thought that was just a rumor by tabloids and that her pay, like the others, will now be a 150,000 per episode. If it is true though, well that's the business and based on the rumors I've read about her parents, especially her father, my guess is she has a shark of an agent representing her. And said agent probably went into the negotiations and made the case that their client is the most important of the kid actors on the show and is as much lead as Winona Ryder and David Harbor, so why shouldn't she get paid as they do? Not saying I agree or disagree, just saying it doesn't surprise me. 

What I do find interesting is that for all of Millie's hype, I haven't seen that truly translated outside Stranger Things. Sure, her people get her great magazine covers, features, put her in designer wear and her name is out there. But in terms of actual roles and work outside Stranger Things, I don't see much happening. The last I heard was that she'd be doing some movie based on some kid series that her and her parents I think are producing. So in other words, it almost seems like she wasn't getting anything so they created a role for her. 

Far as I can tell, the kid actor from the show that seems to be making major moves is Finn Wolfhard. I'm actually worried the kid may be being overworked. Seems like every other day I'm reading about him being cast in something else. He was in IT, which was a huge hit and is doing the sequel, he's cast in an upcoming Steven Spielberg produced film, even his little kiddie band got signed by a major music label to a record deal. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

They are all as much of a lead as anyone else. It seem each one clocked up as much screen time as the others. Maybe Millie edged them out with Lost Sister.

Is Finn really going to be in the IT sequel? I thought they are going to use unused footage from the previous filming and let the adult versions take center stage. We also don't know how big his role is going to be in Goldfinch and The Turning. Noah Schnap is  filming a movie in France right before Stranger Things starts filming this spring and Millie is in Godzilla: King of the Monsters. If Finn decides to take a step back on anything, I think it should be his movie career. I think it would be a bad career movie to leave Stranger Things, considering there doesn't seem to be many more episodes left. 

1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

If Finn decides to take a step back on anything, I think it should be his movie career. I think it would be a bad career movie to leave Stranger Things, considering there doesn't seem to be many more episodes left. 

I certainly was not suggesting the kid leave Stranger Things or walk away from anything. It was a casual comment that I just thought he seemed to be working a lot for someone so young.

From what I read MBB was probably on her own tier- more than the other kids but less than WR and DH. 

Personally I don’t view Eleven as more important than the other kids.  Honestly Noah Schnapp and Finn Wolfhard have arguments to be made about their importance (what is the storyline without Will?  Where is mileven without Mike?) It seems to me that the rest of the kids may have a Friends approach to negotiation while MBB’s people are going to bleed that well dry while they can.  

• Love 1
On 3/5/2018 at 11:17 AM, supposebly said:

I agree. I like her but a few well-delivered lines does not flesh out a character. And I've already been wondering what the whole point of adding more characters was in season 2. I still doubt the addition of Max and her clichee brother. They barely managed to give them any layers, now they're adding more characters?

Yeah really.  "If a few lines from snarky precocious kid are good, then having them be a main character is even better!" is a classic, classic jump the shark path (I think something along those lines was even an "official" reason for JTS on the old JTS website.

Please don't go there, show!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, QuantumMechanic said:

Yeah really.  "If a few lines from snarky precocious kid are good, then having them be a main character is even better!" is a classic, classic jump the shark path (I think something along those lines was even an "official" reason for JTS on the old JTS website.

Please don't go there, show!

I agree with that statement. Have they not learn anything from Happy Days? Look at what happened to the Fonz. He has super powers all of a sudden.

• Love 2

What happens if you don’t think her few snarky lines were all that entertaining?  I just think they should follow the kids they have and not try to fill the void that they are growing out of.  If this was the plan all along than fine but this seems like fan service to me.

• Love 4