Type keyword(s) to search

Wishlist: Hoping for a Cure (Or Not)

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

That would be good too.  Maybe he can take Liz and Lulu and Dante with him?

Having to deal Lante AND Liez would be too much. He still has darkness and stuff. Liez can go live with Sarah or her parents who don't love her. 

• Love 3
Just now, LeftPhalange said:

Having to deal Lante AND Liez would be too much. He still has darkness and stuff. Liez can go live with Sarah or her parents who don't love her. 

frodd2_zps82d802e3.png

"But they're soulmates LeftPhalange! SOULMATES!"

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I can't tell if that's Jax or Freako. If it's Jax I approve. If it's Freako I'm gonna report your post as spam. 

You can't tell whether it's Jax or Franco?!?!? Repent! I'm gonna report your post as spam!

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

You can't tell whether it's Jax or Franco?!?!? Repent! I'm gonna report your post as spam!

4 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Whereas I, at first glance, thought it was Billy Miller's Jason. I think the leather jacket threw me.

Clearly you chose a bad picture and should feel bad.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I love LW's hair in that picture.

Me, too.

1 minute ago, ulkis said:

It's Franco people! Franco! Were you all blinded by his neon hair?

Well, to be fair, most of his hair is hidden behind Carly's head.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LeftPhalange said:

Clearly you chose a bad picture and should feel bad.

I'll say I feel bad, but I will continue to harass, assault, and harangue you and everyone else who had a problem with my picture and demand you to accept my apology.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I can't tell if that's Jax or Freako. If it's Jax I approve. If it's Freako I'm gonna report your post as spam. 

Can @ulkis be banned for reminding me of that fresh hell?!  Good god, NOT THE WAY I WANTED TO START MY FRIDAY. ;)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I don't think casting a good actor would revive the GV years - GV couldn't act for shit, and that was a big part of the problem. But honestly, I found GV inoffensive most of the time. (A lot of which had to do with my total hatred of JY in the role.) And the lack of Lucky now is really glaring. Well it has been glaring for a long time. I'd rather a recast that the character be Frisco'd, which is what is happening/happened and I really hate it. (My sympathy, Frisco fans!)

I found GV inoffensive and actually thought he was quite good at certain things. As soap hunks go I'd hire him on plenty of shows, because he's got a lot of heart and passion. But I also thought he was a fraction of the actor JJ was, and they wrote his Lucky accordingly. I found him enjoyable in some stories, but it was never what it had been. It was the anti-Lucky as we'd known him in many ways. JJ brought all of that back, and while I think Lawson is a better actor than GV was* I think the overall physical approach and intensity would be very much similar to Vaughan's Lucky vs. the genuine article who I think is almost impossible to recast.

I used to be all for recasting Lucky until JJ came back. The minute Liz opened the door to him there was no contest for me. Same thing a year ago.

* - for the record, Greg Vaughan has gotten a lot better; he's excellent on Ava DuVernay's OWN series Queen Sugar.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, jsbt said:

It was the anti-Lucky as we'd known him in many ways.

We called GV "Larry" for a reason. I really liked the warmth GV brought to the character, but the stories he got weren't ones they'd have given JJ, IMO. And it didn't help that Tony Geary clearly preferred JJ. I get they had an unusually strong bond, but it was so unprofessional.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, jsbt said:

while I think Lawson is a better actor than GV was* I think the overall physical approach and intensity would be very much similar to Vaughan's Lucky vs. the genuine article who I think is almost impossible to recast.

Well I agree I wouldn't cast Lawson - I'd go with someone lankier.

• Love 1

I honestly like Brody as a character and I'd much rather see him pop up than any other OLTL character. He has less baggage than most OLTL characters, no children (despite my campaign to make him the father of the Buchanan twins children) and he wasn't in a relationship when the show ended. He'd have been a much better addition than RP's Nate, and he isn't related to Nina

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Whereas I, at first glance, thought it was Billy Miller's Jason. I think the leather jacket threw me.

Let's not forget what horribleness was happening in that picture.  The whitewash tumor was making Franco think he was Jason so he was strutting around town in a leather jacket and kidnapped Danny.

• Love 2
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

Let's not forget what horribleness was happening in that picture.  The whitewash tumor was making Franco think he was Jason so he was strutting around town in a leather jacket and kidnapped Danny.

I have completely blocked that out. I have no recollection of that part of the story, and I don't want that to change.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I have completely blocked that out. I have no recollection of that part of the story, and I don't want that to change.

Why would anyone wish* to forget this cuddly face?

frodd_zpsd1f871e3.png

Also this picture makes me think I judged JY too harshly. I wish they would bring him back as Lucky!

Young_as_Lucky_rebel_zpsb3f49e11.jpg

*topic tie-in!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Right! I don't remember that at all! Although maybe I wasn't watching at the time lol.

4 hours ago, ulkis said:

frodd2_zps82d802e3.png

I thought this was Todd Chrisley.

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Right! I don't remember that at all! Although maybe I wasn't watching at the time lol.

I thought this was Todd Chrisley.

They're not even on the show, whoever that is!!!! :p

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Badsamaritan said:

I'll never forget that because they had Freaco at the penthouse where he assaulted Sam AGAIN by forcibly kissing her while swearing up and down he was Jason. Yuck.

I don't remember this at all. I think I'm suppressing memories to save myself!

• Love 3

Those who are enjoying the show would likely return that sentiment and say that they don't think that your lack of enjoyment of the show is more important than their enjoyment of the show.

@KerleyQ, oh, for sure, I wouldn't expect anything else. I don't think other viewers should consider what I or anyone else would want.

It's like with wishing individual characters gone. I know there are people who like and want Nina to stay and I don't expect them to be ok with her gone just because I want her to be, and vice versa. 

We all want what we want. I go back and forth myself about wanting cancellation. I usually don't talk about it though unless the subject comes up.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I know that, realistically, it's likely not going to last much longer.  But, I sincerely do not want this team ending it.  The wrap up would be focused on Nina, Franco, Sonny/Carly, and Jason/Sam.  There wouldn't be very many fucks given as to crafting a fitting goodbye to anyone else.  Oh, wait, throw Rebecca Budig and Dr. Michael Easton in there.  They'd get a good send off.  

• Love 3

I don't think a focus on those characters would mean they'd get a good send-off. I don't think any of the characters are getting good story, and Jason/Sam don't even have a story - that's not going to change just because FV gets the show cancelled.

I mean, look at the dumpster fire that was TG's exit story. I know the overall crapfest was RC, but everything about the daily writing was reflective of a group of writers unfamiliar with the show, its characters and its history. We still have those same script writers and If JP/SA's work on AtWT is any indication, the wrap ups will be just as lacklustre and disappointing as the current scenelets masquerading as stories 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

I want the show canceled because most of the actors and crew have suffered enough. Let them move right the fuck on to something better. FV can suck it, though. He ruined 2 shows, he can spend the rest of his working life saying 'Can I take your order, please' as penance.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I mean, look at the dumpster fire that was TG's exit story. I know the overall crapfest was RC

I think Tony Geary himself deserves some share of the blame as well.  He loooved getting to play cork-snorting, hitting-on-Kiki Fluke and was all salty when he had to go back to playing regular ol' Luke.  I'm sure he is the one who ensured Luke and Laura didn't have a real final scene, not Ron.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't really understand why Ron let that happen. Did TG's contract specify he could dictate the terms of how the show wrote off Luke?

Tony Geary said he gave up salary for more say so in his contracts, but I think in the case of his exit I think it was probably Frank let him have his way.

FV let that happen. He's usually made of steel (that's not a universal compliment, either - look at the show left to his own devices), but he folded like a cheap suit for Geary from day one.

Sometime soon we need to have a longer discussion about the Y&R reset and how easy it would be to do with GH, even though Frank has packed the show with at least 10-25 more pointless characters.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4
Just now, LeftPhalange said:

*30-40. 

I was giving a conservative estimate! I can't count them all at this point. Maybe I'll sit down and try later. There's some I think can be salvaged, like Griffin, but OTOH: Griffin.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Sometime soon we need to have a longer discussion about the Y&R reset and how easy it would be to do with GH, even though Frank has packed the show with at least 10-25 more pointless characters.

On the same day of Y&R's reset, which started the show with a montage of family photos, GH's first shot was Nathan shirtless in a towel. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

On the same day of Y&R's reset, which started the show with a montage of family photos, GH's first shot was Nathan shirtless in a towel. 

Well, you can't say Frank's priorities aren't clear.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I was giving a conservative estimate! I can't count them all at this point. Maybe I'll sit down and try later. There's some I think can be salvaged, like Griffin, but OTOH: Griffin.

I want to give this a try.

These are the people on contract:

1. Sonny

2. Alexis 

3. Liz

4. Sam

5. Tracy

6. Carly

7. Dante

8. Michael

9. Anna

10. Lulu

11. Ava

12. Franco

13. Julian

14. Nathan

15. Jordan

16. Nina

17. Jason

18. Kiki

19. Valerie

20. Dillon

21. Laura

22. Hayden

23. Andre

24. Curtis

25. Griffin

26. Finn

27. Maxie

28. Nelle

The ones I'd dump, no questions asked: Franco, Nina, and Nathan (I was going to spare him to recurring as a dayplayer cop but then I was like eh what's the point.)

I'd move Ava to recurring. 

Could be salvageable but could also go: Julian, Jordan, Kiki, Valerie, Hayden, Andre, Curtis, Griffin, Finn, Nelle

I'd recast Dillon, maybe Lulu and Maxie.

I don't know who I would add among the recurring people there are though. Now that Olivia is on recurring, I don't mind her.

Oh, and I forgot to say, for the love of string beans, I'd keep him, but retire Sonny as a leading man already.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Jesus Christ, that's a longer list than I thought. But it also doesn't account for all the recurring players who get airtime, like Scott, Kevin, Obrecht, Brad, etc. There's more I can't remember there, anyone?

CUT: Franco, Nina, Nathan, Julian, Jordan, Kiki, Valerie, Andre, Dillon, Obrecht

WAIT AND SEE: Curtis, Brad (I like him but I'm not sure what he does other than keep Lucas non-viable at the moment)

ON THIN FUCKIN' ICE: Hayden, Griffin. I might keep her for Webber story for a bit and to play out drama with Tracy and Finn, and have Griffin have a fling with Anna, but then I'd probably dump 'em both. I would pair Finn with Tracy, period.

I'd also seriously consider recasting both Dillon and Lulu after several months, and after Corporal Tapioca's exit. I like Emme Rylan a lot and I think she's gotten a raw deal, but I just don't know that she can carry the lion's share of story this show should demand of Lulu. OTOH, she's never really been tested on this show with dialogue or material worthy of her predecessor in the Guza years. So I'd wait on her. I'd also consider recasting Valerie in 6-12 months and reconceiving the character.

I have no idea who or what Nelle is supposed to be at this point. So I'd leave her be right now because Chloe Lanier is talented. She really should be playing one of Lucy's daughters. Ned and Olivia would remain recurring as a happy couple, but Ned would be seen more than Olivia.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Jesus Christ, that's a longer list than I thought. But it also doesn't account for all the recurring players who get airtime, like Scott, Kevin, Obrecht, Brad, etc. There's more I can't remember there, anyone?

Brad gets like, a teensy weensy bit of airtime. Monica.

I have no idea who or what Nelle is supposed to be at this point. So I'd leave her be right now because Chloe Lanier is talented. She really should be playing one of Lucy's daughters. Ned and Olivia would remain recurring as a happy couple, but Ned would be seen more than Olivia.

I liked your idea of bringing back Molly Burnett as Christina as well. Either her or Georgie.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1