Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: Fear Of The Unknown

• Start Topic

Kris encourages hee daughters to take a genetic test to determine their risks for cancer, but not everyone is on board. Meanwhile, Kendall struggles to find a balance in her relationship with Caitlyn; and the family help Scott, who hits a low point while Kourtney is out of town with friends.

That was scary stuff at the end with Scott on the phone.  

The gene test was totally set up for an endorsement of Kris's doctor friend's company.

Too funny to see Khloe going nuts with three kids in the car.  Don't the kids have a nanny?  I guess they can't have her on camera.

The Scott stuff was sad, he needs to not even think of Kourtney or losing Kourtney. He needs to think of the 3 kids he has and get himself better for himself first and then his children. I doubt Reign even knows who he is. He's been MIA since Reign was born. Reign knows Caitlyn and Corey probably more.

I love Kendall, the fact the supermodel isn't into makeup and rather do the dirt biking with her dad compared to Kylie's makeup tips. I think it was natural that she felt she was losing dad to Kylie because they've swapped roles basically. She used to be the one always out and about doing tom boy things with Bruce while Kylie was not into it. Now Kylie's the one bonding more with Caitlyn over hair and makeup while Kendall's more left out. I feel bad for her, she's the most normal of the bunch.

The whole genetic testing part was all for a plug for the company.  I remember the doctor at the end from Real Housewives or something. He seems more Kris's type than Corey. She should date someone like Paul.

• Love 8

These people are horrible human beings. Kylie was actually on her phone while the rest of the family was trying to manage the Scott-in-duress situation. And then Kim criticizing Reign's shirt? Wtf? Who cares what a baby is wearing around the house.

Nothing was more apt than a plastic surgeon giving them their genetic testing results. I bet plastic surgeons handle all their medical needs. Dr. Nassif should have taken a look at whatever is happening under Kris's eyes.

Corey, Kylie, and Kim are all really slow. But Khloe's in good company, considering she didn't know that your genetics don't change. Idiot.

• Love 6

Didn't know Kendall still calls caitlnn dad

Khloe saying she would rather due than do the test. Gee some people would love to afford genetic testing but cant. Scott needs help. Asap

Edited by Darknight

Who on their right mind would want a call like Scott's replayed on a reality TV show to thousands of people (I rounded up in terms of viewership numbers). I see they are trying to spin it as them doing us a public service, what with the suicide prevention announcement at the end. I'm not buying it as it's all about ratings with this family.

• Love 4

The gene test was totally set up for an endorsement of Kris's doctor friend's company.

The whole genetic testing part was all for a plug for the company.  I remember the doctor at the end from Real Housewives or something.

That explains it. I kept wondering what kind of a doctor not only makes house calls, he makes photoshoot calls. but if he's pimping his company, it makes sense.

Who on their right mind would want a call like Scott's replayed on a reality TV show to thousands of people (I rounded up in terms of viewership numbers). I see they are trying to spin it as them doing us a public service, what with the suicide prevention announcement at the end. I'm not buying it as it's all about ratings with this family.

This is exactly what I thought. Scott is just as big a famewhore as the rest of them if he allowed that to be put on the show. That should have remained private.

• Love 1

Don't be too worried for Scott. Apparently he recently bought a very nice new house and has a new, young, very pretty girlfriend. Heh, life goes on. These Kardashians and their drama. They are sicker than Scott in so many ways. 

Dr. Nassif should have taken a look at whatever is happening under Kris's eyes.

I'm so distracted by this! What is going on under her eyes? She has great big bags that she is desperately trying to hide with tons of concealer or something. Why doesn't the plastic surgery queen do something about it. I guess that's why she's always wearing those big sunglasses. 

Kendall is getting on my nerves, she's  becoming a little whiner. First Kylie doesn't spend enough time with her , now she's not happy that her "dad" doesn't do things with her anymore. Please, just go back to your modeling career and walking the runway. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 2

Kris clearly has money invested in this DNA thing. With all the shit they've injected in their asses, tits and faces, genetic predisposition to cancer is the last thing rheyhave to worry about. And boy, MJ loves the spotlight too. Must be a genetic trait. And they've all got it.

At least Scott has one good friend in Chris Reda.

The whole genetic testing part was all for a plug for the company.  I remember the doctor at the end from Real Housewives or something. He seems more Kris's type than Corey. She should date someone like Paul.

He was married to Adrienne Maloof . Kendall 'dated' his nephew when she was 15

Hooray for Kim! She seemed to actually understand what genes are, that they're inherited from both parents, and that her "all clear" breast cancer gene tests didn't necessarily provide an "all clear" to her children.

• Love 4

So I don't really follow how this episode played out...Scott calls Khloe, desperately sad and drunk.  Khloe calls Kim and puts Scott on speakerphone so the family can listen in, and for the benefit of the cameras, which just happen to capture and record the whole exchange.  I don't mean to be insensitive, but it seems contrived.  And then I feel bad for thinking it was contrived if it somehow wasn't.

And who gets the final say on what airs and what doesn't?  If it's Kris, I already have a hard enough time respecting her as a mother for using her children's pain as entertainment.  If Scott okayed this, what is he thinking?  His children are going to see this someday.  Does he think they will enjoy listening to their dad threaten to end his life?

At the heart of all of this lies the fact that while I am usually appalled by what this family puts out there for entertainment, I still sit on my couch with my glass of wine and watch it all go down.  So, I don't know what to think anymore.

And on a lighter note: Kim - I know Kanye dresses you now, but PLEASE - the skintight beige dress with beige coat over the arms?  BORING.  Just sayin'.

• Love 3

"That was sad" says Kim, with less emotion than she expresses over her daily salad.

Caitlyn used to constantly criticize Kris for not acting her age and now she's acting like a teenager with Kylie.  

Watching Kylie watch that photo shoot of Kourtney's? I bet she was wondering how she can get a deal like that. Loved how the photographer ignored all her advice!! 

I can't figure Scott's problem out. I never thought he was a heavy drug user prior to the last couple seasons and even now I'm not sure it's coke. I do think he was using  Ambien and other sleeping meds along with the heavy drinking and I've read that those sleeping meds can really mess you up. And I think he's still reeling from his parents deaths. It was painful to hear him. I had way more sympathy for him than I've ever had for Lamar with his creepy stoned/drunk slurring.

And does Kim ever wear anything other than that ugly beige dress that is barely able to stretch over her bloated body?

"That was sad" says Kim, with less emotion than she expresses over her daily salad.

Caitlyn used to constantly criticize Kris for not acting her age and now she's acting like a teenager with Kylie.  

Watching Kylie watch that photo shoot of Kourtney's? I bet she was wondering how she can get a deal like that. Loved how the photographer ignored all her advice!! 

I can't figure Scott's problem out. I never thought he was a heavy drug user prior to the last couple seasons and even now I'm not sure it's coke. I do think he was using  Ambien and other sleeping meds along with the heavy drinking and I've read that those sleeping meds can really mess you up. And I think he's still reeling from his parents deaths. It was painful to hear him. I had way more sympathy for him than I've ever had for Lamar with his creepy stoned/drunk slurring.

And does Kim ever wear anything other than that ugly beige dress that is barely able to stretch over her bloated body?

• Love 3

I have mixed emotions about them airing that phone call. So until I figure all that out I will say that I thought Khloe handled herself really well. God forbid I should ever be on that end of a call like that I hope I can keep my composure so well.

• Love 1

So until I figure all that out I will say that I thought Khloe handled herself really well.

Well, she does have a lot of practice talking down depressed, drunk, drugged, suicidal man-children. Poor Khloe, why does all of this always fall on her?

I thought the phone call drama might be Lamar, I don't even remember hearing about this meltdown of Scott's. All for the cameras?

• Love 1

Maybe Scott was having these meltdowns, alone, in private without cameras rolling which led up to this what we saw.  If he's been a basket-case in private it wouldnt even reach gossip sites but I do recall stories on sites like Radar about how he was really struggling with the breakup.  I could see easily how he would eventually get to this place.  He did just say recently if it wasn't for his kids he would kill himself. Even just taking the breakup with Kourtney out of the equation, this is a guy who is an only child and lost his both his parents in a span of 3 months. I'd be off the deep end too with grief.

Kylie continues to be an obnoxious brat. I loved Kendall a little when she said she looks forward to the little moments when she doesn't have to stare at her phone, and there was Kylie STILL staring at her phone even as Kendall was expressing frustration.

• Love 4

That whole genetic testing storyline has my blood boiling, as it was obviously only to plug that company, who either Kris or Seacrest must have invested in.  Reality check: ACTUAL REAL people don't have the thousands of dollars out-of-pocket genetic testing costs.  What happens is if the person who has/had cancer--in this case Kris's mom--is alive SHE would get tested (and her insurance would pay it) and IF she was positive for anything, then her children, aka Kris, would be tested for that ONE gene that had a positive result.  If she was negative, then the kids wouldn't need to get tested.  That's how it works in the real word, so screw these assholes for promoting their investment like people can just pop in and do it like they would pop in and buy a lip kit.

• Love 10

It's like Kris Jenner picks up a magazine, reads about some random thing, and decides that she simply MUST get all of her kids (a.k.a. her GIRLS) on board with her latest obsession.  Whenever Kris starts a sentence with, "So I was reading about (insert whatever)," my brain shuts down, because you know she's going to strong-arm everyone into participating.  So Kris has the doctor and lab staff wait patiently for the women to finish their ridiculous Goth photo shoot.  Then, the entire clan must get in several cars and drive to San Diego to get the results - from Dr. Paul Nassif, of all people.  The entire storyline was beyond preposterous, and actually incredibly dull.  Kris must just be going crazy, knowing that there's all this juicy drama going on in her family, and trying to figure out how to spin it into television entertainment $$$.

By the way, who is Chris Reda, how did he know where Scott was, and how did Kris know to call him?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 3

Don't be too worried for Scott. Apparently he recently bought a very nice new house and has a new, young, very pretty girlfriend. Heh, life goes on. These Kardashians and their drama. They are sicker than Scott in so many ways. 

I'm so distracted by this! What is going on under her eyes? She has great big bags that she is desperately trying to hide with tons of concealer or something. Why doesn't the plastic surgery queen do something about it. I guess that's why she's always wearing those big sunglasses. 

Kendall is getting on my nerves, she's  becoming a little whiner. First Kylie doesn't spend enough time with her , now she's not happy that her "dad" doesn't do things with her anymore. Please, just go back to your modeling career and walking the runway.

Interesting you mention the bags under Kris's eyes. I noticed Kylie has that same line running across the upper cheek area. It is definitely softer than the one Kris has but it is there. Maybe from cheek implants?

Airing these moments of Scott's is probably the only thing getting him a paycheck from the show. 

Obviously he's ok with it if its being shown.

And I don't think it's a terrible idea that they're shown.  Most people wouldn't know what to do in that situation.  I think Khloe handled it very well. 

I thought it was some weird 3-way call that Khloe set up and she somehow muted Kim to Scott. But if Khloe had two phones going and had Scott on speaker phone that makes a little mores sense.

• Love 1

It's like Kris Jenner picks up a magazine, reads about some random thing, and decides that she simply MUST get all of her kids (a.k.a. her GIRLS) on board with her latest obsession. Whenever Kris starts a sentence with, "So I was reading about (insert whatever)," my brain shuts down, because you know she's going to strong-arm everyone into participating. So Kris has the doctor and lab staff wait patiently for the women to finish their ridiculous Goth photo shoot. Then, the entire clan must get in several cars and drive to San Diego to get the results - from Dr. Paul Nassif, of all people. The entire storyline was beyond preposterous, and actually incredibly dull. Kris must just be going crazy, knowing that there's all this juicy drama going on in her family, and trying to figure out how to spin it into television entertainment $$$.

By the way, who is Chris Reda, how did he know where Scott was, and how did Kris know to call him?

Chris is a longtime friend of Scott and Kourtney. I think he is based in NY and might have gotten a call from Scott also. He's been on the show before, he seems to genuinely care for Scott and has tried to get him to rehab in the past.

• Love 2

He was married to Adrienne Maloof . Kendall 'dated' his nephew when she was 15

Yeah, he and Dr. Terry from the RHWBH have a show called Botched, it's on the same network. It's good, especially when it shows how mentally disturbed some of these plastic surgery patients are...I like when they deny treatment to some of the patients that they deem it would be too dangerous to perform any more procedures on.  Most of the patients seem to come to them to correct "botched" procedures.  These people are so stupid and desperate that they are still flying over to Mexico and letting so called "doctors" cut them open and insert all sorts of shit in them. 

Edited by represent

i wonder what Terry and Paul think about what Kim and Kylie have done to their faces and bodies.

Kris will try and make a buck off anything. What if all her girls came up with the breast cancer gene? Would we be watching them debate having their breasts removed? Or did they already know they tested negative before enacting that bit?

A woman I work with has a daughter that tested positive and underwent a double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. It was a long painful process and very emotionally stressful.

• Love 2

I haven't watched yet and probably won't for a couple of days, but I'm dying to know. I was flipping channels and caught part of the Scott call. Did Kim seriously send Kylie to get her a box of tissues so she could keep dabbing invisible tears? I swear that's what I saw. 

• Love 1

I think Kim's just done with people when they won't help themselves. Scott/Rob/Lamar she won't enable them like Khloe does. It wasn't a surprise Scott called Khloe with his cry for help instead of someone else.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

So Scott calls Khloe for help and she hears "ching-ching" so sells him out to Kim and Kris, the narcissist twins. No wonder the guy is depressed.

Scott is a fame whore like the rest of them. No way he didn't know that it was being filmed. He probably knew that airing it would get him some sympathy instead of just being portrayed as the drunk, asshole cheater. 

• Love 1

I don't even know what to say about the Scott phone call, that was so messed up. He had to sign a release for E! to be able to show it, right? Or is he under a contract that stipulates that any of his conversations with any of the K's can be broadcast? Either way you look at it, it's messed up.

I know it was just editing, but I loved that they showed Reign fuss immediately after Kim critiqued his shirt. Since P spends so much time with North, and Reign will probably spend a lot of time with Saint, Kourtney needs to keep an eye on the BS that Kim spews around her children. First the North Star thing, then a 9-month-old's shirt - no one is safe.

Mason falling off his boogie board in the pool and immediately telling everyone he was OK - so adorable! I hope an off-camera nanny was watching the kids closely when they were playing in the pool; Kim and Khloe would have probably let them drown while taking selfies. Kim even had Khloe lean in for a selfie as Khloe was driving on the freeway, probably going 60+ mph.

• Love 7

I'm not watching the show even if you hold a gun to my head, but I do think Al is on target with Kendall. As many have said, and it's apparently even from other media/appearances, it's like the one who actually IS as good looking as the whole family seems to think they are doesn't feel a need to act up to prove herself. Count her as the only Kardashian-Jenner I can actually almost be a fan of.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 3

I don't even know what to say about the Scott phone call, that was so messed up. He had to sign a release for E! to be able to show it, right? Or is he under a contract that stipulates that any of his conversations with any of the K's can be broadcast? Either way you look at it, it's messed up.

It's most likely part of their (initial and subsequent) contract, especially since CA is a two-party consent state with regards to telephone recording laws. Without the inclusion in the contract, they'd have to get consent from both parties every time and production would never give up that much control. It's possible that some or all of them have angled for certain approval privileges when they've done renegotiatons, but their last renewal was in Feb. 2015 so whatever Scott agreed to then is in effect for the next 2.5 seasons. Besides that, it's pretty much up to production and the legal department to decide what does and doesn't make it to air.

Interesting tidbit -- the company that did the testing, Pathway Genomics, received a letter from the FDA about this test/technology and how it wasn't approved (that link opens a pdf) on September 21. The company issued a press release about it on the 24th. If the show's continuity isn't too wonky and the testing really did happen around the same time that Kourtney took her Montana trip (Sept. 22-25, judging by Google) then they were ballsy as hell to continue to shoot this thinly veiled ad knowing they were in trouble with the FDA.

• Love 5

It's most likely part of their (initial and subsequent) contract, especially since CA is a two-party consent state with regards to telephone recording laws. Without the inclusion in the contract, they'd have to get consent from both parties every time and production would never give up that much control. It's possible that some or all of them have angled for certain approval privileges when they've done renegotiatons, but their last renewal was in Feb. 2015 so whatever Scott agreed to then is in effect for the next 2.5 seasons. Besides that, it's pretty much up to production and the legal department to decide what does and doesn't make it to air.

Interesting tidbit -- the company that did the testing, Pathway Genomics, received a letter from the FDA about this test/technology and how it wasn't approved (that link opens a pdf) on September 21. The company issued a press release about it on the 24th. If the show's continuity isn't too wonky and the testing really did happen around the same time that Kourtney took her Montana trip (Sept. 22-25, judging by Google) then they were ballsy as hell to continue to shoot this thinly veiled ad knowing they were in trouble with the FDA.

Kris isn't too picky about the deals she cuts for her kids. Fast and easy money, maybe some free plastic surgery is all it takes.

These people are horrible human beings. Kylie was actually on her phone while the rest of the family was trying to manage the Scott-in-duress situation. And then Kim criticizing Reign's shirt? Wtf? Who cares what a baby is wearing around the house.

Nothing was more apt than a plastic surgeon giving them their genetic testing results. I bet plastic surgeons handle all their medical needs. Dr. Nassif should have taken a look at whatever is happening under Kris's eyes.

Kris's face and the strange 'pulling' lines look to me like a thread facelift. Kris is getting scary looking even though she was made up 'goth' she's still scary without makeup.

Unless Kris's mother had breast cancer, which she didn't and if Kris herself had breast cancer, which she didn't, then I would say that getting a genetic test for the BRCA mutation would be a smart thing to do. But, a positive test for a cancer-associated BRCA variant will not tell you if you are going to get breast or ovarian cancer. It simply means that you have one of many possible factors which may increase your likelihood of getting cancer, and therefore may have a higher than "average" risk of developing this condition.

A negative test for a BRCA variant does not mean that you will not get breast or ovarian cancer. It means that your risk is approximately the "average" lifetime risk for breast cancer. One out of every nine women in the United States will develop breast cancer during her lifetime. The best test is routine self-examination, annual mammograms and ultrasounds of the breast for people with dense breast tissue.

• Love 1

I have a feeling that Kris would love to have a reason to get a completely new pair of breasts.

Don't worry, Kim will have new perky ones soon enough and Kris can live vicariously thru them.

Does Corey work? He seems to have so much time available to just happen to be there as Kris experiences one dramatic episode after another and able to offer her another glass of wine or some sage advice.

Does Corey work? He seems to have so much time available to just happen to be there as Kris experiences one dramatic episode after another and able to offer her another glass of wine or some sage advice.

He works for Justin Bieber's manager, doing........something

• Love 2

I was curious as to exactly what Scott Disick had done prior to meeting Kourtney and getting involved in the Kardashian brand and television fame. This is all he's done so far.....

CareerEdit

Aside from his reality T.V. career, Disick has sought out many business endeavors. Disick was a partner in Ryu, an NYC Meatpacking District restaurant, that opened on April 23, 2012. Ryu shuttered after 191 days in business.

Disick has worked in numerous private businesses. He is quoted as saying, “I have done a lot of private label manufacturing in the nutrition biz and have raised money for startup companies. I tend to invest money into nightlife businesses for the friends of mine that are involved in nightclubs and what not.”  Disick endorsed Amidren High T pill, a supplement aimed at men ages 20–40.

It was also discovered that Disick was a cover model for Heartland, a young-adult book series, in 2001.

Essentially, none of the above was possible if it weren't for the Kardashians. Scott really never had any significant education or training. He was born an only child to wealthy parents. He's been an alcoholic at least since 2001 and his first DUI. He has a history of anger management. All of this adds up to a guy that is pretty worthless on his own. If he threatens suicide it's for attention. He's been offered help many times and has wasted all his opportunities to change his life around.

Since Khloe, Caitlyn, and Robert also all had cancer. I don't think it's too young for any of them to be tested, since it's coming from all around them.

Edited by Artsda