Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion: How's Your Head?

I don't know how to interpret Abbie's expression.

I know how I want to interpret it.  I want her to be thinking, "I've tried to deny it to myself.  I've tried to distract myself with Danny.  But damn, I love Crane.  I am in love with Ichabod Crane."  Okay, show, the ball is in your court.

• Love 4
(edited)

The heart wants what it wants...

Are you messing with me show?  I said, are you messing with me show?  Because if you're messing with me show, is MissAlmond gonna have to choke a showrunner?

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 8

Now that I think about it, I think a grande mocha from Starbucks and some delicious pastry will do nicely when watching the show.

EEEEEEEE!!!! So excited. 

Wait, let me temper my expectations...that way I won't be too disappointed.

• Love 2

I quit drinking several years ago, but if Abbie declares her love for Crane on her deathbed, I am going to change out of my jammies and drive to the grocery store for a bottle of wine. And some ice cream. And maybe an entire chocolate cake.

• Love 2
(edited)

Now that I think about it, I think a grande mocha from Starbucks and some delicious pastry will do nicely when watching the show.

EEEEEEEE!!!! So excited.

Wait, let me temper my expectations...that way I won't be too disappointed.

I'm not now or never will I ever be a coffee drinker. But, listen. When I say I'm going out to get a "bottle for viewing"', I'm talking about a liter of Dr. Pepper. Next to Earl Grey tea, DP is my drug of choice. It's strictly recreational.

ETA. Had to remove double comments again. It's either me or the iPad. Must be the iPad because my husband always "tells" me that I'm perfect. (lol)

Edited by bobbysgurl
(edited)

Oh shit!  The feels!  OMG, would it be unseemly of me to drink wine in the morning while I'm watching this?

Just make a mimosa and call it brunch LOL

I quit drinking several years ago, but if Abbie declares her love for Crane on her deathbed, I am going to change out of my jammies and drive to the grocery store for a bottle of wine. And some ice cream. And maybe an entire chocolate cake.

I call shotgun...and I wouldn't even waste time changing out of my jammies! #SoCalLiving

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

After the debacle that was season 2, they wouldn't do that to us right?

I'm an absolute and inveterate coward of which the likes would disgust one Ichabod Crane...but I can't watch that finale until I know Ichabod, Abbie and the potential for romance all make it out of Season 3 alive. They don't even need to be unscathed! Scath all you want, show! Just don't kill them!

• Love 2

Well, I'm getting myself a nice Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand and settling in after 10:00pm. The champagne will be bought when/if this show gets renewed.

Happy Viewing Everyone and may your Ichabbie dreams come true!!

• Love 4

I won't be able to watch until after 10:00 pm tonight. My DVR better not screw up and my wine better chill in time...

Another clip: The heart wants what it wants...

Why you do this to me, show???

Why, WHY DID I WATCH THIS?? WHYYYYYYYY??!?!!!

I hate you, Show! But please don't leave me! NO!! I HATE YOU!!! Hold me {{sob}}

For real tho, Show? Don't fuck this up because you will catch these hands, hear?

• Love 2
(edited)

Whaaaaaaa?!?

Aw, holy hell. I was trying not to be spoiled, but now I'm glad I am. Should I even bother watching on Hulu tomorrow?

No. Don't even waste your time. Use that hour to get a root canal. Seriously, the finale was awful. And unless you want to be devastated and pissed I suggest you not watch. Edited by Enero
  • Love 5

This is a crushing disappointment. I've been going through a decidedly un-fun, un-romantic marital breakup, and this show was one of favorite escapist balms. Nobody, but nobody is going to come back to an Abbie-free show. God, this sucks.

• Love 4

Seriously cannot wait for the E True Hollywood story. There was some serious BTS stuff going on. I have a few guesses but, I'm dying to get the scoop

Better yet an Unathorized Lifetime movie.

• Love 2

Seriously cannot wait for the E True Hollywood story. There was some serious BTS stuff going on. I have a few guesses but, I'm dying to get the scoop

Better yet an Unathorized Lifetime movie.

Tell-All book! Tell-All book!

At least I don't have to wait on pins and needles as to whether or not SH will be back next season. I know I won't be.

• Love 3

Agreed, for whatever reason they've been sabotaging their show post S1.

• Love 2

Copied from my post on the Arrow board.

Based on this my gut is saying that the issue had more to do with the way the show/network treated the two leads.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sleepy-hollow-nicole-beharie-exits-882206

No inside knowledge just gut feeling. I think NB was hired first and either signed on as the lead of the show or very least an expected 50/50 co-lead. Instead Mison/Crane emerges as the breakout star, gets more attention/publicity and the show starts to drift away from Abbie focused or shared Witness focused to Crane Family Drama.

Then in S3, Mison negotiates for less work and now he's renegotiating his contract for S4 (more money). I'm guessing NB was either unhappy because she felt she got shafted and asked to be let go. Or NB tried to stand up for herself and demand equal treatment and got fired for her trouble.

I think the blind item about NB being difficult/diva is horse shit. FOX probably put that out there so that the viewers wouldn't blame the show when they killed Abbie off.

The show said they brought in NR and SS to lessen the blow of NB leaving. If that is the case, where are the characters that these women portrayed? Gone.

I think they chem tested JC (Sophie) with TM, but instead of the audience seeing her as a love interest, they thought she was Ichabbie's daughter.

I will be thoroughly surprised, when it is all said and done, that NB left on her on accord. I think TPTB considered Abbie expendable, so they killed her off. TM wasn't a breakout, TM and NB were a breakout together. The audience loved them, shippers and non-shippers alike. I'm not talking about the Ichatrina shippers. I'm talking about the viewers who really enjoyed SH in all it's campiness.

FOX killed SH as sure as they drove a dagger through its heart, and I won't forget that. I was just thinking that I had stopped watching network tv until SH premiered. Now, I can go back to not watching without any qualms about missing out.

Before the final episode aired, I wasn't ready to let go. But I am, now. I'm letting go of FOX. I'm a WOC, but not even Empire can keep me watching FOX.

I love TM, but I won't watch SH if the show is renewed.

• Love 7

I think the blind item about NB being difficult/diva is horse shit. FOX probably put that out there so that the viewers wouldn't blame the show when they killed Abbie off.

There is no evidence that the blind item about the diva on set is NB.

The only blind item confirmed to be about NB was the one about killing off a lead.

Someone here speculated wildly that the diva was NB, but there just is NO evidence that it's NB at all. It's really ugly to see people trying to turn NB into the "Angry Black Woman" on set right now with zero evidence.

• Love 8

I think it's as simple as the writers not being very good at their jobs. They wanted to write the show about the guy who doesn't fit in with the  spunky sidekick and the sleepy-looking ladyfriend with a manageable amount of feist and big tits. Because they've all seen that show, and they've all written that show and they know how to write that show. Abbie was just too much like a human woman with agency, and for some reason the folks who make television don't seem to think anyone's interested in that. Maybe nobody in their world is.

• Love 8

That blind item was never revealed to be NB and in fact there's only one piece of gossip that even supports it.

Frankly I've long had another contender in mind for that Blind.

• Love 1
(edited)

There is no evidence that the blind item about the diva on set is NB.

The only blind item confirmed to be about NB was the one about killing off a lead.

Someone here speculated wildly that the diva was NB, but there just is NO evidence that it's NB at all. It's really ugly to see people trying to turn NB into the "Angry Black Woman" on set right now with zero evidence.

It's Katie Cassidy - on the Arrow board, we're 99% sure it's Katie Cassidy.

Back in 2012, when Arrow started the showrunners had a plan - Oliver Queen = Green Arrow + Laurel (Dinah) Lance = Black Canary 2gether 4ever. Except the actual actors had no chemistry with each other. Zip. Nada. Niente. Nichts.

Which anyone could see as soon as they watched pilot. But by then KC had been locked in with an iron-clad contract, apparently, and she did not appreciate anyone pointing out how much she did not fit in the role, at all. When another actress was brought on to play her sister and then summarily killed off, prompting cries of "fridging" from the audience, KC got into a refrigerator and had her picture taken, giggling all the while. This is just one of the tone deaf public things she has done - I'm not going to derail this board anymore - and I'm sure there are many things the cast and crew could tell us about her behaviour.

Nicole Beharie has done her best at a thankless job from the beginning - she really doesn't deserve this. I remember, back in season 1 when I still loved the show, thinking to myself, "No, she can't be the Magical Negro, she's a co-lead. And why can't Abbie and Crane have a romantic relationship? They have the most chemistry of any couple on the show! It can't be just because of race, it can't."

Well, I was wrong. On both counts.

E.T.A. The worst, for me (I haven't watched the episode but I've read all the spoiler dialogue) is the idea that she has fulfilled her purpose, which was always supporting Crane. First of all, the character is in her thirties or thereabouts - she hasn't fulfilled jackshit. That is such bullshit. And the idea that a POC's purpose was to support Mr White Hero is offensive to me on a level that's difficult to articulate without using expletives.

Edited by arjumand
  • Love 10

The show said they brought in NR and SS to lessen the blow of NB leaving. If that is the case, where are the characters that these women portrayed? Gone.

If that's the case, they failed epically, Betsy was a misfire and a waste of time and Abbie's death was the final nail in the coffin, literally and figureatively.

• Love 3

I think it's as simple as the writers not being very good at their jobs. They wanted to write the show about the guy who doesn't fit in with the  spunky sidekick and the sleepy-looking ladyfriend with a manageable amount of feist and big tits. Because they've all seen that show, and they've all written that show and they know how to write that show. Abbie was just too much like a human woman with agency, and for some reason the folks who make television don't seem to think anyone's interested in that. Maybe nobody in their world is.

Shows like this need a very strong vision from the outset to succeed.  I think this is the most accurate assessment of the situation for this season.  Cluelessness can be just as damaging as anything.  Once I found out that one of the things that the new crew wanted to do this season is get rid of Headless vs trying to revamp him into a scary entity again, I didn't expect much from this season. If anything, I can say that it was better than what I expected, but nowhere close to the potential that Season 1 provided.  

• Love 3

I saw the NYCC sizzle reel with season four footage.

John Noble is returning, but the scene is modern Crane in a colonial-style court, so I can only imagine it's a dream/hallucination/supernatural thing, and--I'd speculate--it's just a cameo or set of brief guests appearances by Noble. They needed something to create buzz at NYCC! (And a "Dead Character Returns to SH ..." headline for the media.)

And the rest of the footage did not have anything buzzworthy. I was genuinely surprised by the poor quality of the acting (the new folks, especially Janina Gavankar and Rachel Melvin, were ... not great; even Tom and Lyndie were shaky in some of the scenes shown), the villain seemed really dull/recycled (surprise, there was a lot of standing around--like Pandora in a glass office!), the attempts at humor fell flat or were gratingly overdone, and at least one piece of "twistory" was hugely offensive. I can't even comment on the coherence.

Notably, Abbie was not mentioned by name.

But on top of all of that, it was boring. Just plain boring.

• Love 1