Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion: How's Your Head?

(edited)

HalcyonDays, you should tweet this historical info to the show's producers/writers because they are limiting the ethnic casting of these extras out of ignorance or maybe it is deliberate. 

Edited by SimoneS

HalcyonDays, you should tweet this historical info to the show's producers/writers because they are limiting the ethnic casting of these extras out of ignorance or maybe it is deliberate. 

Well, from what I understand, in the real Revolutionary war, the units of black or otherwise ethnic units were mostly segregated, so technically the casting is done correctly. Both sides segregated units also. I am sure there was "mixing" but probably no where near as prevelant as maybe we think. I think I read somewhere that Washington had in total 1000 blacks fight for him, over the entire War. That number is probably wrong, but if not, that's not very many if you look at the overall number of soldiers.

My point being that I don't think the casting people are deliberately doing this as a modern day slight. I think they are sticking to what history has written about. However, I would bet money that the show will "go there" and have a storyline/episode that talks about this.

I will comment that I think the casting people are amazing - the people they cast in the minor or secondary roles in season 1 were/are just perfect.

I finally got around to watching Sleepy Hollow and I am soo happy I did!
Excited for season 2.

The Crane family situation:

• I actually did not mind Katrina that much. She irritated me a bit with the whole ethereal projections in a show that has its strength in not taking itself too seriously because it made her unreal to me. But after rewatching the season I think that she appeared dodgy for two reasons.
  1. Red herring: they planned from the beginning the Henry/Jeremy/War reveal as one of the apexes of dramatic tension for the finale; therefore they needed someone that appeared more suspiscious because otherwise you automatically turn your suspiscions towards the outsider. In this genre universe, the "traitor/leak" are often guessed to be the oustider that joins the team late OR the person who knows all and reveals too little too late.
  2. Timeline: because she just swooshes in and out of screen, we don't know how long it's been between each time she and Ichabod/Abbie contacted each other. After rewatching the season there are hints that for a long time she did not know who ran purgatory... She thought she was only there because of the Four-Who-Speak-As-One. Also, Moloch can have access to 'Our World' through doorways like mirrors and dreams. Meaning hanging around in purgatory is a bad idea for the witnesses; i.e.: not enough time to say as much is needed. Back to foreknowledge, (I THINK) the only things she kept (and knew) from Ichabod before he wakes up are her magic, their son and the Witness thing. I think she probably didn't know that the man he fought was death -> spell to keep him alive. She probably kept him from dying thinking she would be back to wake him and then they realise he is linked to Death, she is persecuted by her coven and has to run. Baby happens, then she is in purgatory where she thinks her husband will stay down forever... Until Death is awakened, as she deduces since she did not raise Crane. Then I think she does some investigating while in purgatory and she realises who really holds her in puragtory, that Abraham is Death (probably because Moloch taunted her with that). I think before the Pilot, she had no idea she could escape or that there was even someone who would try to find her and get her out. She only asked to be freed in the pilot and since then only contacted Crane (and then Abbie) when urgent. I guess my hope is that we just get the ball rolling with the action and not endless conflict between the Crane couple... It's so much more interesting to know their backstory more and see them working towards a common goal.

• Jeremy: He is very obviously touched in the head with a side of thorough brainwashing. I take reports of him seeing Crane as a sucker to mean that he wanted to see more indignation from Crane when learning the fate of his child. He maybe wanted him to renounce Katrina or something (just speculating because I need to make sense of his tunnel vision. though I totally love John Noble but I hope they use him in the most efficient way). He is probably going to have moments with the parents trying to redeem him, but I feel like redemption might mean something like the salvation of his soul versus happy family reunion. He might be the first horseman they defeat/incapacitate.

Part 2 (LOL, my post was too long)

Crane

So... he is in a pine box, needs to get out of here but I assume it's only going take like 45 seconds of screen time. Then he gets out, to do what? I guess there could be some angst about who to save first, Katrina or Abbie? I seriously hope they do the smart thing and show him trying to look for Abbie first. Whether he succeds or not is an other question but he definitely needs to earn some brownie points. I wasn't outraged for the map thing BUT I was thinking "Dude... just, just don't do that". It needs to be shown that his lie was impulsivity and desperation, not a pattern when it comes to greater good VS self. I want him to be sheepish a bit to Abbie and sllight grovelling not because he has to but he should feel bad enough to want to. When your friend is stuck somewhere horrible and you had to leave them behind, you should feel the need to compensate. Then it can Abbie that says "Chill... We're good".

I saw hints of fury when confronting Jeremy so he might not actually be so quick to want to 'rescue' him as opposed to defeating him. I suspect it will create some tension (not too much I hope) but then he will try to save him.

Jenny

• Many ways I see this going
  1.      She is weak but ok and gets on the task of freeing Abbie. She is pissed at Crane for not heeding warnings and floored about the War situation. Might be distrustful of Katrina because her tendency to be unprecise about her info. Depending on how long Abbie stays in purgatory, she will warm up to her and she will help Crane be her modern time translator.
  2.  She gets close enough to death and is in purgatory with Abbie. They piece together the time they saw War rising and maybe learn some things to help win the fight. That is under the assumption that the purgatory arc is a a episodes long and that means separation of story lines for a bit.
  3. Or the quest to get Abbie out of purgatory takes her to use old contacts and we get to have more info on what she was doing, where she would go all these years. Or how she was t Irained. Could be also a way to discover other factions fighting the good fight with powers if Katrina is not back with the team soon.

Questions/predictions going forward

And finally, what I am looking forward to the most, Abbie!

• Purgatory: how does she get out?
  1. Opening scene is her running out from purgatory with hints of change in her but we don't know what happened and it's revealed throughout the season (à la SPN). I would find it MEH just necause i have already seen it happen like that. Although it would make for an interesting reunion with the rest of the team and it could skip awkward drama.
  2. Staying in the dollhouse (which creeps the living hell out of me) is helpful in discovering secrets against Moloch. We also get more background story on both sisters with regards to their parenting. She goes on recon missions to find a way out.
  3. We get to see her completely vulnerable and break down. She waits to be rescued whime looking for clues in the house and reminescing about what happened to her family -> more Mills Sisters backstory. Maybe even Corbin :D ! Just writing it makes me sad so I hope not.
  4. She is rescued by witches that share her family line and we get more insight into the connection bewteen the Witnesses and exactly who knew about them and if a Witness has to be a singular person or it's a bloodline thing.
  • Relationships (I don't mean just romantic)
  1. With Jenny, they continue to rebuild their bond (which was kickstarted in Vessel) and backstory on the sisters. Just more Mills Sis Power. My favourite Abbie moments the past season included when she was conforting Jenny in Vessel and reassuring her in the finale.
  2. With Crane, I think they should stay friends and that friensdhip needs to get stronger in order for them to survive. I kinda want them to get that sibling like bond. I think it would be cute! With regards to potential Ichabbie, I can only see myself not cringing if it's done really organically and they wait like 3 seasons. Otherwise it would be senseless fan-service. I only want them to go there if they feel like this is where the story is taking them. And until then I don't want the actors to play into it just to tease the fans. There is inevitably going to be subtext added by fans but I think teasing should be kept to a minimum. I also want goofy scenes to relieve tension just like they did the past season. And more modern life lessons, they just crack me up!
  3. With Katrina; for some strange reason, I feel like the team follows the lead of Abbie when it comes to new members. So I want Abbie and Katrina to get along, maybe Katrina will be bothered by the attachment between the Witnessed but it's necessary to their survival and salvation so I hope she is better than that. Maybe help as well with the Modern life although I suspect (and interviews have eluded to it) that Katrina will catch up a lot easier than Crane.
  4. Romance: again, it has to be organic. I want to see Abbie let her walls down and taken care of in the way you would be in a healthy and happy intimate relationship but that takes time. So maybe a new addition to their team? It has to be someone that knows their secret (or at least accepts/believes it when told) otherwise there will be a strain. Or I guess it could make for a good narrative of her having to choose between THE DESTINY and love. And then that guy could become the 4th Horseman! *GASP* JUST KIDDING

Also I was just thinking of the whole prophecy nonsense; why the hell is anyone deciding that MOLOCH and JEREMY are the ones to trust about this? It could simply be a case of Evil knowing that doubt can create circumstances for a self-fulfilling prophecy... I mean look at Oedipus, the whole reason behind the story is because they had "foreknowldge" of the prophecy and their actions unknowingly led them to the results they were trying to avoid.

• Love 1
(edited)

Wow, fantique, that is one hell of a post(s). Nicely done! Love your observations.

Concerning how the others are going to get out of their situations, based on behind the scenes photo's I've seen recently, my speculations have slightly changed.

We all know that Ichabod and Abbie of course will survive and the question is what about Jenny. Well, it would be a waste of a character (who is now a regular) to "kill her" - no way she's dead. Everyone also thinks that if Ichabod rescues Abbie, that he enters once and they come both out somehow. I don't think so.

My speculation: Ichabod somehow gets himself out of the coffin - whether he can dig himself out or Henry/Jeremy frees him, Ichabod is out first. He enters Purgatory, tells Abbie what happened. They formulate a plan. They might argue on who stays (one entered, so only one can leave), she stays, and Ichabod sets out on foot to find Jenny. He does, finds Jenny on the road and gets her help (call am ambulance, or maybe she's not that badly hurt, just knocked out). They know that either a body swap OR true forgiveness can free Abbie. They go back into Purgatory, Jenny does the true forgiveness and Abbie walks out.

I'm thinking that they can technically come and go through Purgatory, as opposed to us thinking Ichabod will enter only one more time before taking Abbie out. And I still think (and hope) and Katrina finds a way to rescue herself, because she should be able to, with her powers.

Edited by HalcyonDays
(edited)

Read this online about what to expect in Season 2... Alas one of my worst fears are coming true.

While he couldn't say much, Tom Mison said fans could expect "more flashbacks, exploring the core of the characters and expanding the world of Sleepy Hollow. There will be new characters coming in exposing new problems." Nicole Beharie added that there will be more love triangles "times five!"

Edited by stacey
removing spoiler tags
(edited)

That spoiler is really demotivating to me. Loved this season but have real worries about the next.

Yes and no. It's all how they do it. I know that we are going to get flashbacks of these things:

Crane and his interactions with Benjamin Franklin and hopefully more as to why he is a Witness.

Abbie's ancestors - going all the way back to the Underground railroad and why Abbie is a Witness.

Katrina, her witchy past, her parents apparently and her "romance" (yes, the show said that) with Abraham.

Jenny's past and her relationship with friend with benefits (Matt Barr) - who apparently is going to become Abbie's friend with benefits and maybe more.

If those flashbacks can answer questions, then I am good. What I don't want to see is more of Crane and Katrina's beloved "perfect" relationship nonsense.

I know, I'm bad, but I would rather see Crane and Abbie doing anything other than that. They can literally spackle the cabin for all I care, just have those two interact and be in each other's presence. The depiction of that "perfect" romance rang so hollow and contrived to me, I just do not care about it.

However, comments from the showrunners at that screening in LA actually (for once) gave me hope.

Edited by stacey
removing spoiler tags

Meh, IMO they've said contradictory things as far as spoilers, and those above are pretty general. I'm not worried.

Yeah I'm trying to take what's being said with a grain of salt and just wait and see how things will play out. I remember when TPTB said that Abbie and Luke were going to be explored. It never happened. I think we got maybe 10 minutes of them together throughout the entire season and none of those 10 minutes even remotely hinted at Abby and Luke rekindling their relationship.

New via TV Guide:

Apparently we might get to meet Mama Mills:

What's coming up for Abbie and Jenny on Sleepy Hollow? — Harriet
A sibling love triangle! Although executive producer Heather Kadin says the formerly estranged sisters will be on the "same side" more in Season 2, "there may be a male who might get in the middle of that," she teases. But what brings the duo closer together? Mommy issues! "Abbie's story this year really has to do with the relationship with her mother and a lot she didn't know about as a child," Kadin says. Even though their mom supposedly died years ago, I wouldn't be surprised if we see her in the flesh this season. Hit the comments with your casting ideas!

Question: Do we need to spoiler-tag things in this thread? I would have assumed "no" because it's in the title, but others have, and there is no un-spoiled speculation thread.

Spoiler --> A sibling love triangle! Although executive producer Heather Kadin says the formerly estranged sisters will be on the "same side" more in Season 2, "there may be a male who might get in the middle of that," she teases. But what brings the duo closer together? Mommy issues! "Abbie's story this year really has to do with the relationship with her mother and a lot she didn't know about as a child," Kadin says. Even though their mom supposedly died years ago, I wouldn't be surprised if we see her in the flesh this season. Hit the comments with your casting ideas!

Question: Do we need to spoiler-tag things in this thread? I would have assumed "no" because it's in the title, but others have, and there is no un-spoiled speculation thread.

Thanks for the update on the spoiler tags - I wasn't sure and tagged just to be safe.

As for the info on Mama Mills - the show did mention a few months ago that they would delve into the Mills backstory in season 2, so excellent news. But Mama Mills is dead? Really? I thought the story was that the mother ended up in a psychiatric hospital and the father up and left. Hmm...maybe the writers changed their minds.

As for the guy in question - Heather Kadin said elsewhere that the guy was a "friends with benefits" of Jenny, and that he'll hook up with Abbie also.

The actor is Matt Barr and he's supposed to be a bountry hunter helping out the cause, and will appear in quite a few episodes.

http://ca.eonline.com/news/549688/sleepy-hollow-first-look-tom-mison-bemoans-the-addition-of-the-far-too-attractive-matt-barr-watch

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Matt+Barr+Premiere+History+Channel+Hatfields+WW1BdMMcCVdl.jpg

The show had done a fair amount of casting other roles, and I'm wondering how it's all going to come together. For example, Orlando Jones' Frank Irving could so easily be sidelined and forgotten. And I really hope NOT, because I really enjoy the interactions between the four - Abbie/Ichabod/Jenny and Irving.

They've casted Sakina Jaffery to replace Irving as Captain, etc. I do remember from last season that they would announce someone cast in a role, and that person would literally appear on screen for like one minute and then *poof* they were gone.

I have to say, this spoiler really pisses me off. Of course they will have to Jerry Springer Abby and Jenny.

But you know what? Enero is dead on when she/he posted this above...

Yeah I'm trying to take what's being said with a grain of salt and just wait and see how things will play out.

The day of interviews at that LA upfronts thing/whatever, Tom Mison is quoted as saying "There is lots of Ichabbie Shippers in season 2."

Now is he just messing with the media (most likely yes), but I was very surprised to hear that, actually. This is also the same guy who said that Crane and Henry would have a "father/son" relationship so there you are.

I'm laughing over the Jerry Springer thing though - but honestly, more power to Abbie and Jenny. Why not have some fun with a hot guy?

I have to say, this spoiler really pisses me off. Of course they will have to Jerry Springer Abby and Jenny.

This is so gross it's not even funny. So instead of developing their mostly inexistent relationship, they're going to fight over a random guy. Not only that. Abbie is going to boink a guy, who has boinked her sister. Because that's not disgusting at all. It looks like the showrunners took a page from Arrow, after finding that kind of thing hot. Amazing! Are there going to be cat fights? Surely they couldn't give the two best female characters in the show something worthy to do. Of course not, S2 is about propping Katrina and the Cranes in general.

After reading all the spoilers from these past few months, it looks like season 2 is going to be everything I didn't want and worse.

- I wanted more Mills sisters bonding and working together. Sorry, but there is this guy they have to fight for.

- I wanted a love interest for Abbie. Sorry, but there is not going to be "love" or anything romantic for her. It's an demeaning triangle involving her sister.

- Less drama about the Cranes, please? No, sorry. Once Katrina is back, they have a reconnecting storyline (according to the showrunners at the FOX upfronts). Their EPIC love story is, apparently, worth telling (and to hell with Abbie for all they care). They also have their own triangle with Abraham, probably in flashbacks. Oh and also the Cranes are going to work together to redeem Jeremy (the implication is they work against Abbie again). Lots and lots of Crane Manpain!

- Abbie is again in the position of voice of reason against Ichabod's desire to save Jeremy. It's "let's save Katrina" all over again. Ichabod will probably betray her again and it will be handwaved as "cute".

- Mison said there would be lots of Ichabbie. Translation: same old bait and switch cute scenes. In the meantime, the producers cleared up that real story is about the Cranes finding their way to each other. Abbie gets no love story and she keeps her role as the voice of reason and supporting shoulder for Ichabod's manpain.

- Jenny could have added some more diversity by making her a lesbian, for instance. No, it's better to make this hypercompetent fighter jealous of her sister, who is going to steal her guy.

- I wanted less Katrina... LOL no, they'll shove that horrid character down my throat, because they have to show how awesome, modern and absolutely necessary that special snowflake was for the revolution.

I'd be excited about Mama Mills, but, knowing this show, that plot will probably end up being more about the Cranes than about Abbie too.

(edited)

• Nicole Beharie added that there will be more love triangles "times five!"
  • A sibling love triangle! Although executive producer Heather Kadin says the formerly estranged sisters will be on the "same side" more in Season 2, "there may be a male who might get in the middle of that," she teases.

That's really the part that horrifies me. I don't mind flashbacks. But here is my reaction to that:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am begging you Show! Begging! NO TRIANGLES... Keep this doom device away. Arrow prooved that sister swapping is gross, creepy andd diminishes all parties involved. Noooo!!!!!!

persons-0033_large.png?w=452

Why? Oh, why do showrunners think that viewers like creepy love triangles? I HATE them.

ETA: I know all these can be really only there to trick the audience and for once I am praying they are just teasing, I am just worried because it cam from an EP.

ETA2: Also, I just hate what triangles have now become. Just 2 guys/girls vying for one girl/guy was ok but the triangles were pre-relationship. A triangle during the established relationship is saying the object of affection is not firm in their choices. When it's a group of friends or siblings all dating (at some point or another) the same person and it gets too incestuous; that's when I put my foot down.

Edited by fantique
(edited)

This is so gross it's not even funny...  Not only that. Abbie is going to boink a guy, who has boinked her sister. Because that's not disgusting at all.

I agree. And honestly this sounds nothing like the Abby we came to know in Season One. I'm hoping this new guy that her and Jenny are supposed to be in a triangle over ends up being much ado about nothing. They can have him crushing on Abbie, while flirting with Jenny as some kind of acknowledgement to their past relationship, but ultimately have neither sister be interested in romance or FWB with him.

I'd be excited about Mama Mills, but, knowing this show, that plot will probably end up being more about the Cranes than about Abbie too.I'd be excited about Mama Mills, but, knowing this show, that plot will probably end up being more about the Cranes than about Abbie too.

This is what I'm most excited about, is Mama Mills. Abbie mentioned last season that their mom had some mental issues, and as a result, I believe she was in and out of mental institutions, which is why her and Jenny were constantly in foster care. I'm betting her mental instability has everything to do with the Horsemen, and might even be due to her inability to handle her supernatural ability or fate that's tied to the Horsemen. One can only hope her story will be more than a passing thought.

Edited by Enero
(edited)

I'd be very surprised if that's a literal description of what happens rather than just more of general, hit/miss spoilers we've had before or the recent ones which change half the time anyway. I'm going to wait for more to come out. But still - I'm not worried.

ETA -

I agree. And honestly this sounds nothing like the Abby we came to know in Season One. I'm hoping this new guy that her and Jenny are supposed to be in a triangle over ends up being much ado about nothing. They can have him crushing on Abbie, while flirting with Jenny as some kind of acknowledgement to their past relationship, but ultimately have neither sister be interested in romance or FWB with him.

See that's how I'm thinking, it could very well be simple as that.

Edited by CinnamonCW
  • Love 1

From TVLine:

A Season 2 premiere date is a start. But do you have any Sleepy Hollow scoop to follow up? –Claire
Can I interest you in one of the most curious casting calls I’ve seen in a while? For Season 2, the Fox hit is filling the guest role of Mary, an old flame of Ichabod’s who is as sweet as she is prone to moody fits of jealousy. But that’s not the fun part. This is: Interested actresses “must be comfortable working in the water” and “with wearing prosthetics.”

Wut.

• Love 1

I know. I read that today and was like, What the hell?

I really cannot predict anything about what is going to show up in season 2. The castings and the spoilers are - to quote opinions on the show - batshit crazy.

It will be an interesting season 2...

Wonder if that means they're fulfilling Nicole Beharie's dream of being a mermaid!

It doesn't look like it. It seems they're casting a different actress to play the mermaid, who happens to also be another of Ichabod's love interests.

Wonder if that means they're fulfilling Nicole Beharie's dream of being a mermaid!

Well, i really don't think it will be a mermaid. Mary is supposed to be Ichabod's former flame, therefore this will be a flashback to the 18th century.

The jealousy is most likely going to be Mary jealous of Katrina. Water? Maybe Crane and Mary going swimming or something in a pond.

Prothestics? Maybe some witchy spell in cast and there is some sort of physical manifestion of said spell.

However, to inject a little Harry Potter into the mix: 

Grindylows -These water demons were first mentioned in British folktales in the county of Yorkshire. Parents told their children stories of grindylows to prevent them from getting in the cold water in the area. Grindylows supposedly had long fingers that would drag children into the deep.

However, there is THIS:

Water nymphs (Naiads)

Nymphs are female nature entities that are bound to a particular location or land form. Naiads are water nymphs, and inhabit fountains, wells, springs, brooks, rivers, marshes, ponds and lagoons. The essence of a naiad was bound to the water body she inhabited. If a spring dried, the naiad within it died. In some stories naiads are depicted as dangerous creatures, because they could take men underwater when fascinated by their beauty, and these men were never to be seen again. Naiads were known by their jealous nature. A naiad that was once cheated by her husband is said to have blinded him in revenge. In Greek mythology naiads were friendly creatures that helped sailors fight perilous storms. They also had the power of foresight, and were said to make prophecies.

It's really got to be a connection between the Bible/Revelation and something or someone who is either evil or good.

It doesn't look like it. It seems they're casting a different actress to play the mermaid, who happens to also be another of Ichabod's love interests.

I was just speculating that she'd somehow be transformed into one as well for part of an episode. She spoke about how she really wanted that to happen.

One can dream!

Matt Barr is pretty good at generating chemistry with people so I'm in with him being on the show.

I'm willing to give Katrina a shot if they make her into an actual character and not just a cardboard cut-out of a person. Maybe Katia Winters will surprise us and she'll actually be a good actress once she's allowed to play an actual person.

God though, why is it that whenever I really love a first season, there's always inevitably some kind of sophomore slump? I'll watch but a lot of this stuff- love triangles including a fucking love quadrangle with the Cranes' past- feels pretty ridiculous.

God though, why is it that whenever I really love a first season, there's always inevitably some kind of sophomore slump? I'll watch but a lot of this stuff- love triangles including a fucking love quadrangle with the Cranes' past- feels pretty ridiculous.

Right, but surely if there is any show that deserves to have judgement reserved until you actually see what happens on screen, it's this one. "Pretty ridiculous" is how I would've described the entire show ahead of season 1, and then... well, it was pretty ridiculous, but in the best kind of way. 

• Love 2

I'm willing to give Katrina a shot if they make her into an actual character and not just a cardboard cut-out of a person. Maybe Katia Winters will surprise us and she'll actually be a good actress once she's allowed to play an actual person.

There won't be any excuses if Katrina continues to underwhelm. That character should be interesting, enigmatic even which is what I hope happens. On the other hand I don't think there's any saving Ichabod/Katrina.

Don't know if this has been posted, it's supposedly the opening scene. Aren't these people require to remain tight-lipped? Oh well (if it's real) -

https://screen.yahoo.com/sleepy-hollow-stars-us-season-010017242.html

Judging by the first look we got at the action-packed opening sequence of next season, the crazy is here to stay. The scene features Ichabod showing off his musket moves in the middle of a Revolutionary War battle only to be interrupted by a charging horseman and then rescued by dead-cop-turned-necromancer Andy Brooks (John Cho) in his getaway squad car. To find out what happens next, tune in to the season two premiere on Sept. 22 on Fox!

More casting news.

Heather Lind has been cast as Ichabod's "psycho" ex girlfriend, the one who should be comfortable with "prosthetics" and "working in water."

I get a kick out of this news, because Lind plays Anna Strong in TURN (which I really like) and Mison auditioned for TURN. Small world.

http://tvline.com/2014/06/26/sleepy-hollow-heather-lind-ichabod-ex-girlfriend-season-2/

And apparently in episode 6...

What can you tell us about the Sleepy Hollow premiere? –Deyna
I’ve got nothing new on the premiere. But if you want to look a-head to Episode 6, I can tell you that there’s a new hunk in town – the late Sheriff Corbin’s son Joe, a well-built, all-American Marine carrying a big chip on his shoulder.

Source: http://tvline.com/2014/06/26/castle-season-7-did-bracken-kill-rick-spoilers/

Starting to get worried about the large amount of castings. What about the main actors storylines? Irving, Jenny et all. Hmm.....

• Love 1
(edited)

More casting news.

Heather Lind has been cast as Ichabod's "psycho" ex girlfriend, the one who should be comfortable with "prosthetics" and "working in water."

I get a kick out of this news, because Lind plays Anna Strong in TURN (which I really like) and Mison auditioned for TURN. Small world.

http://tvline.com/2014/06/26/sleepy-hollow-heather-lind-ichabod-ex-girlfriend-season-2/

And apparently in episode 6...

Source: http://tvline.com/2014/06/26/castle-season-7-did-bracken-kill-rick-spoilers/

Starting to get worried about the large amount of castings. What about the main actors storylines? Irving, Jenny et all. Hmm.....

I've considered that too but realized that in hindsight it'd look the same way on paper for the first season. Plus Heather Lind has a job thus it's unlikely we'll see her a lot, and Frank Irving isn't going anywhere. We also have an additional five episodes this time around. I'll give the TPTB the benefit of the doubt these characters exist to draw out the mythology and further the storylines of those about whom we've come to care so much.

That said, I'm still hoping Heather Lind's character is a mermaid!

Edited by CinnamonCW
  • Love 1
(edited)

I've considered that too but realized that in hindsight it'd look the same way on paper for the first season. Plus Heather Lind has a job thus it's unlikely we'll see her a lot, and Frank Irving isn't going anywhere. We also have an additional five episodes this time around. I'll give the TPTB the benefit of the doubt these characters exist to draw out the mythology and further the storylines of those about whom we've come to care so much.

That said, I'm still hoping Heather Lind's character is a mermaid!

I did think back to the casting announcement of the Reverend from Season 1 - who was talking with Irving in the church. They made this big announcement but then he was barely in two episodes. Maybe a total fo 5 minutes worth. I just hope the show doesn't completely go off of the rails with all of these crazy storylines. I mean the entire show is already batshit crazy, and now we have mermaids, psycho ex's, bounty hunters, Marines, and so many other characters to introduce and give some background too. And none of these castings even seem to reflect the background info we are supposed to get on Mama Mills and Abbie/Jenny's importance. Or just nice little bonding moments between the mains. It just seems like a lot and I hope they don't get too convoluted and go off the rails. It's a very, very fine line for this show to walk.

Edited by HalcyonDays

I did think back to the casting announcement of the Reverend from Season 1 - who was talking with Irving in the church. They made this big announcement but then he was barely in two episodes. Maybe a total fo 5 minutes worth

In fairness, it's rarely the show or network making a big announcement, so much as TV news sites taking casting calls or hires and making a really big deal out of them.

TV Guide Spoilers:

I need Sleepy Hollow scoop, STAT! — Bridget
I hear there are several new characters the producers aren't revealing in advance of Season 2 in order to maintain some element of surprise. But we were able to squeeze the following hints out of executive producer Mark Goffman: "We're going to be digging into Abbie's past a lot more and getting to know more about her family and her heritage, which is a big part of the show this season. We're also going to be filling out the town even more, so we'll get to see what the people of Sleepy Hollow are like."

http://www.tvguide.com/news/Mega-Buzz-Elementary-Blacklist-Hawaii-Spoilers-1084076.aspx

Good - looking forward to Mills Family background story.

I can't say I'm super excited by what I saw and more importantly heard out of ComiCon, the creators continue to think they can make me give a shit about Katrina and particularly Katrina/Ichabod. NOPE, sorry not sorry. I'll be here for Nicole Beharie all day err day, but I can't with a creative team that seems hell bent on shoving something that IS NOT WORKING down my throat.

• Love 6

I've been staying away from a lot of the Sleepy Hollow comic con coverage for that reason. I love this silly show, but I was hoping they'd make some course correction in this long, long hiatus, and I'm concerned that instead, they're just doubling down.

I've never spoken to anyone who cares about Katrina, or is intrigued by Ichatrina, though I do know they're out there. But I would say it's not a large portion of their audience, but they don't seem to be making any adjustments to make that more interesting. It's just "Your Princess is in Another Castle!" She's just gone again, and Ichabod has to find her. And then when he does, she has more secrets? But they have a miraculous love that I'm supposed to care about? Still no on that count.

So I'm mostly just ignoring all that, and continuing to focus on Abbie and Jenny Mills, and Ichabod and Abbie's relationship, because that's what I care about. Oh, and I hope Irving gets out of jail. I'm just hoping that the things I dislike don't outweigh the things I do this year.

• Love 7

Yeah I'm hoping they're being arrogant and obnoxious about this to be purposely misleading, but give me a break with the secrety secrets and just own up to Katrina being evil, it's pretty much the only turn her story could take that would make her even remotely interesting. They also need stop talking about Ichabbie the way ten year old boys and Napolean Dynamite do about girl cooties.

• Love 4
(edited)

I've long been on the Shady!Katrina side, only because that would be such a fun and amazing character to play and have, and also explain all of her shadiness and strange decision making and withholding of information in season 1 (I know, it's for plot). I doubt she is shady/evil now, but I can hope. I thought it interesting that she didn't seem completely concerned that Abraham was going out to kill Crane (in that other clip). I DO like that she sees Abraham as his human self, and everyone else sees him as Headless. That is very cool.

I've been staying away from a lot of the Sleepy Hollow comic con coverage for that reason. I love this silly show, but I was hoping they'd make some course correction in this long, long hiatus, and I'm concerned that instead, they're just doubling down.

You were very wise to do this. I didn't, and ended up working myself up over the whole show attitude of *Let's Tease Ichabbie* / *Wait there will NEVER be Ichabbie* / *Aww the chemistry is soo good and spicy and...* / *Crane is married and in twu love...*  Ugh.

My problem stemmed from the bank clip and the off-handed engagement ring comment by the bank guy. Look, show, if you really want them to remain platonic and respect this so called perfect marriage, stop adding stupid lines like this just to try to appeal to us shippers. It makes us very angry and very disgruntled. That credit card could also be used for vacations or home renovations or food and clothes shopping. No, you have to automatically go to *Oh look, Ichabod and Abbie enter a bank, therefore we'll crack a joke about him needing a credit card so he can buy her a ring.* So much hate.

I'm putting a new speculation in here for the record. John Noble mentions he becomes a lawyer and manipulates and torments the town. I think he'll end up being Frank Irving's lawyer and 'help' Irving fight his murder charge. Instead, he will manipulate Irving and try to get him to become one of the Horseman of the Apocalypse. I base this speculation on this Robert Orci interview. Lots of good information on season 2 in here.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/28/sleepy-hollow-season-2-interview/?hootPostID=68b9ef4956c0724b0a37f8053f100f07

Edited by HalcyonDays
  • Love 2

My problem stemmed from the bank clip and the off-handed engagement ring comment by the bank guy. Look, show, if you really want them to remain platonic and respect this so called perfect marriage, stop adding stupid lines like this just to try to appeal to us shippers. It makes us very angry and very disgruntled. That credit card could also be used for vacations or home renovations or food and clothes shopping. No, you have to automatically go to *Oh look, Ichabod and Abbie enter a bank, therefore we'll crack a joke about him needing a credit card so he can buy her a ring.* So much hate.

Thank you.  I wrote this very thing on another board somewheres.  It is disingenuous to sit there in interview after interview and say "Nope.  No chemistry here.  Nothing to see here, move along." And then write in a scene where a bystander presumes a romantic relationship.

I get that a romance is not the story the producers are wanting to tell.  That is fine, I actually agree that a romance would be a distraction at this point.  I also get that what they put on the page back in the very beginning also probably was not about romance.  But once Tom and Nicole brought the characters to life, what was on the page ceased to exist in that iteration.  They did not count on what T&N brought to the pair.  But not counting on it does not mean it doesn't exist.

There is no reason they can't simply acknowledge that Ich & Ab may have some latent attraction.  They are both pretty people thrown together into a highly emotional, quickly personal situation.  It is natural for people to connect in any manner of ways.  You can be attracted to someone without acting upon it or even necessarily even being conscious of it.  It would make for a much smarter and much more nuanced type of discussion if they answered with some level of acknoweldgement in the interviews instead of denying it vociferously all the while putting little winks and nudges to it into the schow.

• Love 5
Thank you.  I wrote this very thing on another board somewheres.  It is disingenuous to sit there in interview after interview and say "Nope.  No chemistry here.  Nothing to see here, move along." And then write in a scene where a bystander presumes a romantic relationship.

And then we get this...

Behind the scenes shooting - Mison and Beharie

https://twitter.com/lloveland/status/501734235540312064/photo/1

and this...

http://vimeo.com/102555025

Oh show, how you vex me so....Le sigh.

Underwhelming spoilers. Think the EPs are doubling down on the Ichatrina stuff instead of being sensible and course correcting. Having painful flashbacks to early BtVS S6 when I realized that I had watched an entirely different show in S5 than what the EPs had intended...

• Love 2