Type keyword(s) to search

Postcards from the End (of Civilization): the Spoiler Topic

25 minutes ago, sarahthenerd said:

Actually! To reassure us all, I was glancing through the Digital Spy interview/recaps thingys and they do mention in there stuff like "Tandy's about to become a father" which I don't think they would do if he....wasn't. So hopefully it's all just a red herring of sorts.

Interesting... Thanks for that! :)

26 minutes ago, sarahthenerd said:

Oh gosh, I think you're right about the ISS, because - that was Mike's thing, Mike lived there, how more heartbreaking can you get than to have a symbol of your (almost certainly) dead brother's achievements and talents suddenly threaten your whole existence, just as you've accepted his absence and are moving on? I really hope you're right about that. It would make so much sense.

Well put. (Also, I have a weird feeling that the Earth-bound space hardware might end up playing a part in Pamela eventually finding the group...)

• Love 1

Aww... :) I'm glad they remembered that aspect of their bond (though it was introduced as sort of a throwaway gag in 1x9 -- not so much the relationship itself, but rather how Phil 1 reacts to the thought of two beautiful women gettin' it on -- and in s.2 it took on a more serious mother-daughter dimension when Gail went all mama-bear on Phil 2 for dumping Erica); considering the time they spent alone together before they encountered other survivors, it doesn't surprise me that there would be some lingering feelings between these ladies.

Edited by GRChereck
14 hours ago, GRChereck said:

First press release of s.4!

"M.U.B.A.R." (4x1, Oct. 1)

It'll be interesting to see how Pamela gets along with Tandy & Company, but I'll be even more curious to find out why Pat is listed as a guest star, considering how s.3 ended... :p

:D

Probably they'll start with him being killed.  Also, this is the spoiler topic, please don't use spoiler tags here :) .  Thanks!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, MarkHB said:

Probably they'll start with him being killed. 

Ah. :) I figured either that, or maybe a little flashback if Pam explains to the rest of the group how she followed Pat...

9 hours ago, MarkHB said:

Also, this is the spoiler topic, please don't use spoiler tags here :) .  Thanks!

Sorry, force of habit. :D Fixed it!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Matt1 said:

We can try! Ep 1 :^\ Ep 2 :^• Ep 3 :^> Ep 4 :^< Ep 5 ? Ep 6 !! Ep 7 ;^* Ep 8 :^<> Ep 9 ????

(From another producer).  Unfortunately, I don't know all of those symbol combinations!

I think I can translate: Ep 1: Meh.  Ep 2: Wow! Ep 3: Liked it. Ep 4: Didn't like it.  Ep 5: WTF? Ep 6: Holy crap!! Ep 7:  Love it, babe! Ep 8: Didn't like it. Ep 9: WTF, dude?  Seriously??

On 9/29/2017 at 2:54 PM, Matt1 said:

We can try! Ep 1 :^\ Ep 2 :^• Ep 3 :^> Ep 4 :^< Ep 5 ? Ep 6 !! Ep 7 ;^* Ep 8 :^<> Ep 9 ????

(From another producer).  Unfortunately, I don't know all of those symbol combinations!

Yup, saw that on Erik Durbin's Twitter feed. 

Also, it seems that Rich Blomquist (aka Mr. Kristen Schaal) has joined the writing staff -- he was the credited cowriter on the season premiere (along with director John Solomon), and he also wrote an upcoming ep (#407) that KSchaal will direct. :)

"Wisconsin" (4x4, Oct. 22) 

KWiig and Chris Elliott aren't listed as guest stars on this one... :\

On 10/2/2017 at 3:36 PM, GRChereck said:

Yup, saw that on Erik Durbin's Twitter feed. 

Also, it seems that Rich Blomquist (aka Mr. Kristen Schaal) has joined the writing staff -- he was the credited cowriter on the season premiere (along with director John Solomon), and he also wrote an upcoming ep (#407) that KSchaal will direct. :)

"Wisconsin" (4x4, Oct. 22) 

KWiig and Chris Elliott aren't listed as guest stars on this one... :\

If they aren't guest stars, I wonder what we think will happen to them (or if they will go off on their own).  My theory is that they are going to show Pamela developing symptoms of the virus and send her off, but later this season, we will find out that some mutation made the virus lose its lethality, leading them to finding Mike alive as well (or possibly showing them at the same time).

1 hour ago, HotRats2112 said:

Booo!  I love Andy Bobrow.  He stuck by Community.  Now Megan Ganz is here to break all our hearts like she did with season 4 of Community and then left to go to Modern Family. I mean, she's a great writer but I guess I'm still holding a grudge.

Yeah, I was a little disappointed that he left -- I hope this doesn't mean no more "writer's room walk-throughs" with Den Of Geek... :\

Also, I don't remember seeing Liz Cackowski in the producer credits of last night's show, so I wonder if she's left the writing staff (episodes she wrote include s.2's "No Bull" and s.3's "The Open-Ended Nature of Unwitnessed Deaths"); she has a recurring role as JJ's physical therapist on 'Speechless' (one of my favorite comedies at the moment)... 

I haven't posted here for a while (sorry!) but this interview has a very, very interesting tidbit hidden within it...

Forte said he and the other writers were working hard to create new stories in the upcoming season. “We try to keep switching things up and moving forward and doing things we haven’t tried before,” he said. “[We have] a special episode where another old friend makes an extended appearance and that’s very exciting. And then you know, end of the season, who knows if we’re coming back for a fifth. We might be looking at the last few episodes, which have all of us and another pretty exciting surprise.”

• Love 1
On 10/19/2017 at 3:46 PM, sarahthenerd said:

According to IMDB, actor Omar Leyva will be appearing in "La Abuela", playing a character called Victor...

Must have been in the flashbacks. :)

"Double Cheeseburger" (4x6, Nov. 12) --

I'm guessing between the title and the premise, Carol's baby might actually turn out to be twins... (Also, Jasper isn't mentioned in this one, but he's listed as guest star in 4x7.)

"Gender Friender" (4x7, Nov. 19) --

According to a recent pic on KSchaal's InstaGram, she directed this one and her husband wrote it. :)

Edited by GRChereck
updates

No new episode on Nov. 26 -- FOX is airing the 66th annual Miss Universe pageant -- but here's the info for next one:

"Not Appropriate for Miners" (4x8, Dec. 3)

Looks like a pretty Jasper-centric ep (perhaps his total absence in this past Sunday's "Double Cheeseburger" will get some sort of in-universe explanation...). Also, filmmaker Jared Hess (who helmed 2x13, "Fish in the Dish") returns to direct:

Programming note: According to The Futon Critic, this will be the mid-season finale for LMOE, as 'Family Guy' is scheduled to air an "original holiday-themed episode" in its slot (plus, the hour between that and a new 'Simpsons' will be occupied by a special "original one-hour holiday-themed episode" of 'Bob's Burgers') Dec. 10:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/family-guy/listings/

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/bobs-burgers/listings/

Edited by GRChereck
On 11/14/2017 at 6:55 PM, sarahthenerd said:

Ooooh. I wonder what the mid-season cliffhanger will be? (I'm guessing something to do with the Rubik's Cube...)

Seems like they're building up to something there, yeah. :)

Also, according to the latest Futon Critic update, 4x8 is NOT the mid-season finale -- we're getting two more episodes in January before the show takes a Winter Hiatus:

1/14/18 (Su.) 9:30 PM FOX Winter Finale

1/7/18 (Su.) 9:30 PM FOX TBA

12/24/17 (Su.) 9:30 PM FOX Repeat TBA (R)

12/3/17 (Su.) 9:30 PM FOX (LME-408) Not Appropriate For Miners

Edited by GRChereck
  • Love 1
(edited)

"Release the Hounds" (4x13, March 25 TBA) *

Poor Todd. :( Also, I see no mention of either Jasper or Karl this time...

Programming note: Since FOX is airing the 2-hour special OJ Simpson: The Lost Confession? on March 11, the midseason premiere of LMOE has been pushed back a week.

Here are the new air dates for 4x11 and 4x12:

3/25/18 (Su.) 9:30 PM FOX (LME-412) Señor Clean

3/25/18 (Su.) 9:30 PM FOX (LME-413) Release the Hounds 

3/18/18 (Su.) 9:30 PM FOX (LME-411) Hamilton/Berg

3/18/18 (Su.) 9:30 PM FOX (LME-412) Señor Clean

3/11/18 (Su.) 9:30 PM FOX (LME-411) Hamilton/Berg

* - the Sunday after that is Easter (4/1), on which FOX doesn't usually air new shows -- in which case, 4x13 would likely be re-scheduled for 4/8. :\ 

Edited by GRChereck
update

I kind of suspect Todd and Melissa might split up over the 'no kids' issue again. Or something along those lines, because almost every scene with Todd in it this series has been about "Todd wants to be a father".

• Love 1
22 hours ago, sarahthenerd said:

I kind of suspect Todd and Melissa might split up over the 'no kids' issue again. Or something along those lines, because almost every scene with Todd in it this series has been about "Todd wants to be a father".

I could see that happening, especially if/when he finds out that she's been keeping Jasper from the rest of the group. :(

Programming update: Unbelievable. Looks like FOX may air new episodes on Easter after all (up against NBC's live production of 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' to boot)...

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/2018/04/01/ :\

On 3/18/2018 at 5:17 PM, sarahthenerd said:

Oooh I've wanted an Erica-centric episode for ages!

Sounds like she'll have another plot with Todd in this next one (they "share an emotional roller coaster"):

"Designated Survivors" (4x15, April 15) :)

No mention of Jasper this time... :\

Also, this is what the schedule is supposed to look like for the rest of the season, according to Futon Critic -- new eps straight through the first Sunday in May, no breaks:

5/6/18 (Su.) 9:30 PM FOX Episode 18

4/29/18 (Su.) 9:30 PM FOX Episode 17

4/22/18 (Su.) 9:30 PM FOX Episode 16

4/15/18 (Su.) 9:30 PM FOX (LME-415) Designated Survivors

4/8/18 (Su.) 9:30 PM FOX (LME-414) Special Delivery

4/1/18 (Su.) 9:30 PM FOX (LME-413) Release the Hounds

3/25/18 (Su.) 9:30 PM FOX (LME-412) Señor Clean

Edited by GRChereck

The last couple of press releases make me almost positive that:

Spoiler

Mike will be coming back. He got mentioned this last episode almost as if they wanted to make sure he was fresh in everyone's memory. Will Forte told Variety that "an old friend" would be coming back this series. And now there's suddenly "a shocking discovery"? Gotta be him...right?

• Love 1
On 3/26/2018 at 1:53 PM, sarahthenerd said:

The last couple of press releases make me almost positive that:

Hide contents

Mike will be coming back. He got mentioned this last episode almost as if they wanted to make sure he was fresh in everyone's memory. Will Forte told Variety that "an old friend" would be coming back this series. And now there's suddenly "a shocking discovery"? Gotta be him...right?

I should probably post this Entertainment Weekly piece in the "Media" thread, but what the hey:

http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/06/last-man-on-earth-jason-sudeikis-return/ :D

3 hours ago, GRChereck said:

I should probably post this Entertainment Weekly piece in the "Media" thread, but what the hey:

Considering we might be watching a SERIES finale come May 6th, that ambiguous story thread being resolved goes a long way in making me comfortable if it's not renewed.

They definitely have some closure written out to have a character so major to the show's history resurface after almost 2 full seasons.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, GRChereck said:

How would Mike even find them in Mexico ?  When Tandy left that note, it was well before they decided to go to Zihuatanejo.  Hell, Louis was still alive at that point.
And with all the time jumps, its been years at this point.  How did Mike dodge all the radiation ?