Type keyword(s) to search

AHS In The Media

• Start Topic

This season sounds good and I love all the pictures.

So Kathy runs the hotel and Gaga currently owns it but Evan is the one who built it. All of that has great potential.

Nice we are going back to Murder House again for one episode.

I wonder which characters from season 1 will return. My guess is the gay couple who died, one of them was played by Zachary Quinto. They were supposed to be fashion designers or party planners, so they will fit right in with this season's "fashionable" characters.

I wonder which characters from season 1 will return. My guess is the gay couple who died, one of them was played by Zachary Quinto. They were supposed to be fashion designers or party planners, so they will fit right in with this season's "fashionable" characters.

I don't know how true it is but I have heard rumors that Zachary and Ryan had a falling out. . Its true that while on Watch What Happens Live show Zachary said he would not go back on AHS.  I feel like the rumors might be true and they no longer want to work together.

• Love 1

I don't know how true it is but I have heard rumors that Zachary and Ryan had a falling out. . Its true that while on Watch What Happens Live show Zachary said he would not go back on AHS.  I feel like the rumors might be true and they no longer want to work together.

Really? Hmm, I'll admit to being curious to know what happened there. 

The rumors and stories I heard were Zachary use to go out with someone who either worked on Glee or was a friend of Ryan's. Zachary felt Ryan started to interfere with the relationship and when the relationship ended sides were taken and that led to the fall out. 

It sounds like it could be true because Zachary has not been back on the show since S2 but we may never really know. 

• Love 2

If the Zachary Quinto character from season 1 is not coming back, maybe it will be the young/old maid played by France's Conroy? She could have been a maid working in the hotel that Lady Gaga owns before going to work for the couple in Murder House.

Not sure if related but Zachary Quinto and Jonathan Groff(Glee) once were an item. Groff has worked on and off with Ryan in different projects for at least 6/7 years.

Yeah if that story is true than it is definitely about Jonathan Groff.  Frances Conroy's maid wouldn't be the connection since she was a ghost in Murder House. 

Yay to Kathy Bates getting top billing in the credits this season. It's about time! The title sequence is not as scary as I would have hoped but I like the cast this time around, especially with the inclusion of Matt Bomer, Wes Bentley, Chloe Sevigny, Cheyenne Jackson and Lady Gaga in the main cast. What happened to Finn Wittrock? I thought he was supposed to be in a love triangle with Bomer and Gaga's characters? Glad neither Taissa Farmiga, Gabourey Sidibe nor Emma Roberts are back.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 1

Frances Conroy's maid wouldn't be the connection since she was a ghost in Murder House. 

I had originally thought that this season's connection to the murder house would be in a flashback, maybe revealing that the hotel's designer (Evan Peter's character) was involved with building the house as well, which might explain why both are so evil. But now that we have at least one ghost (Sally) this season, I'm actually hoping that we get to see some of the murder house ghosts again this year - IIRC, ghosts could go anywhere on Halloween, so no flashback necessary.

• Love 1

I watch this on FX channel, which repeats each episode multiple times.  For some reason, sometimes an episode is 60 minutes long, but other times they're 90 minutes long.  Anyone know why?

I was shocked too when I read she was nominated! Like really surprised. But I guess, good for her.

I think it has to do a lot with the Hollywood Foreign press as Bruinsfan mentioned, cause I don’t think the Emmy folks would.

I don’t think it was a necessarily amazing standout season for anyone, but that's just me. 

But re: GaGa, I’d be shocked a second time if she won, because her competition blows her away.   I’d vote for Kirsten Dunst for Fargo.

Kirsten Dunst, Fargo  (she’s really good in this! I’d pick her)

Lady Gaga, American Horror Story: Hotel

Sarah Hay, Flesh and Bone  (don’t know this person.)

Felicity Huffman, American Crime

Queen Latifah, Bessie

• Love 3

There about a million people in the cast on this show that deserved the nominations more than her.  She must have some very good people, because this feels more about politics and publicity then actual talent.

• Love 1

How on earth did LADY GAGA get at Best Actress Golden Globe nomination for AHS, and not a single other cast member got ANYTHING. I believe Gaga now when she said she sold her soul to the devil.

Ryan Murphy and Gaga s'd the right d's...that's how. No noms for O'Hare or Peters? I call bs! The Globes are a joke. Is it wishful thinking for me to hope for Gervais to dis Gaga in his monologue? *fingers crossed*

Edited by Mistletoe
  • Love 2

Rose Siggins who played legless suzi in Freak show has passed away. I am real sorry to hear this. May she rest in peace.

I went to a couple of the AHS panels at dragoncon this year--she was a very cool lady. :(

I love Lady Gaga as a singer/performer but she is just awful as an actress, if this show is anything to go by.  She's terrible.  It's got to be some kind of late/early April Fool's joke that she got nominated.  It's ridiculous.

• Love 2

The only other actress I can think of she's like (she is like not who is like her -- in other words, I see her as derivative but more in an "homage" sort of way) is Madonna.

Madonna had some fun acting turns -- "Desperately Seeking Susan" and "Evita" in particular.  Very, VERY, different shows but both good.  

I think I started "Shanghai Express" and just....couldn't.

Then I heard about her other attempts and didn't bother with her acting.

I have a feeling Lady Gaga may also be emulating her "muse" in this aspect as well.

Edited by Captanne

The GG's are infamous for their lousy taste in acting.  Madonna and Sharon Stone were not only nominated, they won.

I knew there was a reason that I dislike awards shows!  It's a shame that some great actors & actresses missed out and Gaga got the nomination.

Wes Bentley was nominated by the Critics Choice Awards as Best Actor in a Limited Series/TV Movie. I love him in general and although I seem to be in a fractional minority, I think he's doing a fine job as John Lowe. The character is written with hardly a smidge of wit or humor, so I can see why he's considered by many tio be the least interesting character this season (an exception was the little tease with Iris during "The 10 Commandments Killer" ). But I think he's doing exactly what Murphy, et al, want him to do. Plus he can hold his own pretty well with Bomer, Wittrock and Jackson in the shirtless brigade.

These Globes are a travesty. Kirsten Dunst in Fargo, and Felicity Huffman in American Crime were so much more deserving, they were so incredible compared to the wooden deliveries of Lady Gaga (I didn't see the other 2 shows mentioned)

• Love 8

I am not surprised Gaga won. She won because she is Lady Gaga. I did like that she mentioned most of the cast in her speech. Since I think Evan and Denis were robbed of a nomination at least in some way there names were spoken at the Globes.

• Love 1

These Globes are a travesty. Kirsten Dunst in Fargo, and Felicity Huffman in American Crime were so much more deserving, they were so incredible compared to the wooden deliveries of Lady Gaga (I didn't see the other 2 shows mentioned)

I seek comfort in Leonardo Dicaprio's priceless reaction to Gaga floating past him en route to accept her joke of an award. The room was just was wooden as her performance. Hollywood does not embrace you Gaga. Go away!

• Love 8

I just heard about Gaga's GG and threw up a little bit. Someone said it's up there with Pia Zadora's GG and I agree, but at least Gaga has a singing career, whereas Zadora had nothing, really. Remember, it's Foreign Correspondents voting for this. It doesn't mean they have taste. I'm still not sure why the GGs have the cachet they've acquired over the years.

• Love 5