Type keyword(s) to search

AHS In The Media

• Start Topic

I completely agree with the top two characters on that list, but yeah, some of them are real headscratchers. And although I wasn't a big fan of Freak Show or Coven, I think Misty Day, Amazon Eve and even Madison Montgomery deserved a spot. 

Interesting article on the connection between the seasons. I think some of them are merely Ryan Murphy running out of ideas and reusing old plot points, but when it comes to stuff like Madison possibly being related to the season one Montgomerys, who were also in Los Angeles, I definitely think it's intentional. I had also noticed that Sarah Paulson has survived every season of the show, and I'm starting to think it's not a coincidence.

From TMZ--the actor who played Meep has been injured:

"American Horror Story: Freak Show" star Ben Woolf is in critical condition after he was struck in the head by a moving car in Hollywood Thursday night ... TMZ has learned.
Law enforcement sources tell us ... the 4'4" actor -- who plays Meep and was heavily featured in the current season of the show -- was struck in the head by the mirror of a passing SUV as he crossed a Hollywood street. He was rushed to a nearby hospital.
Cops say they did not ticket the driver because Ben was jaywalking when he was struck.
As for Ben ... he remains in intensive care.

Lady Gaga cast as series regular for upcoming AHS Season:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/25/lady-gaga-joins-american-horror-story

I saw that on Facebook earlier this morning, but not from EW.  And... by the way, even bigger than Gaga being in AHS is the theme for Season 5 (if Gaga's tweet is any indication)...which seems to be nothing that anyone expected.  "Hotel"?  Certainly it's not going to be called "American Horror Story: Hotel"?  That's a boring, silly title -- even if it takes place in a hotel.  I have no problem with a "creepy hotel" concept at all, but there has to be a better title.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1

Ok so I was googling cursed or haunted hotels, and now I really hope ASH/Hotel is based on the Cecil Hotel...which is probably one of the most iconic cursed hotels in America. To pull from the Cecil Hotel's history would be great because they have a history of serial killers, suicides, rapists, and most recently, the strange behavior and disappearance of Elisa Lam (the elevator girl found in the water tower). Plus Black Dahlia stayed there before she died (which would tie in a bit with the previous season 1).

• Love 4

This next season is supposed to set in the present day, isn't it?  If so, it couldn't be the Holmes case (although there may be flashback scenes to Holmes or a Holmes-type of killer).  It would have to be a modernized version. 

I've always thought that Ryan Murphy should just do a full season about a serial killer, with the killer being the main focus, as he seems to put serial killers in every season as supporting characters.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think a season inspired by H.H. Holmes will be great. Finn Wittrock would be perfect playing H.H. Holmes, or another serial killer type character.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 1

I wouldn't mind seeing Finn as a Happy-Go-Lucky people pleasing bellhop, or something like that, who gets sucked into a mystery and is one of the heroes. One of the happy-go-lucky heroes who gets to have lots of naked sex.

I watched the Paley Fest and I thought it was cute when Jessica kissed Evan on his cheek.  I have to say Sarah talked when every other cast member would be answering a question lol.

I have no idea though what original cast members are coming back. Evan said he had no idea if he was coming back . No clue about Kathy, Angela, ect..

So is Lady GaGa gonna star star? Like, take over from Lange? And now Cheyenne and Matt are gonna star too? I'm thrown by how they're throwing around the word 'star'. Or are they all considered starring roles as long as you're in the opening credits? I'm just hoping Frances Conroy returns (as a star!).

I was under the impression that Lady Gaga would have a cameo role, but all reports so far seem to suggest she will "star" in season 4, which IMHO is bad news since she has in no way proven herself to be able to act, unlike the Oscar-winning Jessica Lange. I can see Matt Bomer and Cheyenne Jackson being series regulars though since they are on Ryan Murphy TV shows frequently. Maybe the surprise this season will be an all-new cast?

Yes I think Lady Gaga may have a big role this season. I do not know if she will be in all 13 episodes but its looking like more then a cameo. Unless they are doing a great job with making us think this will go somewhere and she ends up being the Twisty of the season lol.

Wes Bentley will be back for Season 5.

I also wanted to add that just because someone is a series regular doesn't mean they will be in the whole season. Denis, Emma, Angela, Frances, Michael, Sarah, Finn, and Kathy  were all series regulars and they missed 1 or more episodes.

Edited by ShadowHunter
  • Love 2

Hopefully the storyline will be set in the current time and not in the past like Freakshow. I'm also hoping Evan doesn't return. I'm not a fan of his acting, so four seasons is more than enough.

• Love 1

Sarah Paulson is coming back. I knew all those stories and rumors about cast changes would end up being just that stories lol.  

I am still not sure if I will watch Hotel though. So far the cast is good but that doesn't mean the season will be good. 

I don't mind Sarah Paulson. Maybe she will play a minor role this time like in season 1. They better not announce the return of Emma Roberts, Gabourey Sidibe or Taissa Farmiga next because I don't want any of them in the next season.

• Love 1

I like Sarah enough but my unpopular opinion is she is a little overrated.

Emma is on Ryan's new show Scream Queens which will be filming the same time as AHS Hotel so I think its safe to say she is out.

Edited by ShadowHunter
  • Love 1

EW has our first real look at the new season: 

Built in 1930 by the rich and charming but deeply psychotic James March (Evan Peters), the beautiful art-deco hotel is, in actuality, a labyrinthine structure built to hide March’s murderous activities (think dead ends, secret rooms, endless shafts).

In present day, though, the Cortez is acquired by Gaga’s Countess, a glamorous socialite who attends art openings and fashion shows and maintains her looks not from a steady diet of kale but from imbibing human blood. Murphy doesn’t like to call it vampirism. “I prefer the term ‘ancient blood virus,’ ” Murphy says of her affliction. “It’s really a form of hemophilia, in a way.” The Countess is also insatiable when it comes to love and sex, which sets up a macabre love triangle between her, the similarly blood-hungry Donovan (Matt Bomer) and the newly turned male model Tristan (Finn Wittrock).

Also gravitating around the world of the Cortez are Ramona Royale (Angela Bassett), an actress/former lover of The Countess’ seeking revenge; Iris (Kathy Bates), Donovan’s mother and the front desk clerk; Liz Taylor (Denis O’Hare), a cross-dresser nicknamed by The Countess; Hypodermic Sally (Sarah Paulson), a junkie and friend of The Countess; Detective John Lowe (Wes Bentley), a cop investigating a murderer named the Ten Commandments Killer; and The Addiction Demon, a creature in the vein of Rubberman or Bloodyface, who has no eyes or mouth but does wield a nasty, conical drillbit dildo.

More here: 
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/26/lady-gaga-american-horror-story-hotel-ew-cover

• Love 2