Type keyword(s) to search

AHS In The Media

• Start Topic

Apparently next season is going to be set at a carnival.

This has potential to be super awesome, and I will probably be too scared to watch it.  I think the most interesting thing for me will be to hear about how they're incorporating recurring cast members into new roles.  So far I know Jessica Lange had said something about having a German accent, but that could be anything.

• Love 1

I read somewhere that season 4 will be Jessica Lange's last season with AHS. I hope this is not true. I can't imagine this show without her. Boo Hoo!!!!

Tara Ariano, I want to play Whiskee-Ball!

Edited by margol29

At the Paley Fest tonight Ryan announced that Michael Chiklis will be playing Evan's dad and Kathy's ex-husband. He was also in attendance and was marveling at the enthusiasm of the fans at the event.

Some more links to Freak Show story and casting information.

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/28606/20140403/american-horror-season-4-freak-show-spoilers-angela-bassett.htm

http://whatculture.com/tv/american-horror-story-freak-show-5-things-know.php

Yeah, it has been about a year.  You would think that they would stream the 3rd season now so that some people can either watch or re-watch it, to be ready for Season 4.  I know each season is different so they are not dependent on each other but streaming the 3rd season now would just be good advertising.

• Love 2

Ryan Murphy's obsession with actor Matt Bomer (White Collar) continues.  Bomer will guest star on one episode of Freak Show next season.

Previously:

Bomer was on an episode of Glee

Bomer was on an episode of The New Normal

Bomer was a supporting actor in The Normal Heart

Bomer and his husband, publicist Simon Halls, have three sons:  Kit , Walker, and Henry.  Evan Peters's character in Asylum was named Kit Walker.

Edited by LeighAnne
  • Useful 1

Ryan Murphy's obsession with actor Matt Bomer (White Collar) continues.  Bomer will guest star on one episode of Freak Show next season.

Previously:

Bomer was on an episode of Glee

Bomer was on an episode of The New Normal

Bomer was a supporting actor in The Normal Heart

Bomer and his husband, publicist Simon Halls, have three sons:  Kit , Walker, and Henry.  Evan Peters's character in Asylum was named Kit Walker.

Why is this considered an obsession?  Ryan Murphy and his husband are probably friends with Matt and his husband and Ryan and Matt like working with one another. 

Cast art revealed.  Looks great.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/american-horror-story-first-look-728545

• Love 4

I read somewhere that season 4 will be Jessica Lange's last season with AHS. I hope this is not true. I can't imagine this show without her. Boo Hoo!!!!

I'm sorry to say it is true, margol29.  I was very sad when I had read she wasn't coming back. It was like a gut punch.  Yes, it definitely won't be the same without her, she was the constant through them all and I adored what she brought to her amazing characters. She may have chewed the scenery but I didn't care because it was so much fun watching her do it. She could do no wrong in my book.  It would be great if she change her mind... Or maybe even do a little guest spot in the next season,if there is one....and there better be!

Did everyone see this promo?  This is the first real promo I've seen. Paulson and Bates are grabbing me already just from this video. I don't have a sense of what Lange's character is yet since she doesn't have any dialogue in this promo, but I'm sure she won't disappoint.

BTW- the guy in the first shot who says "Where are the freaks?" Where have I seen him before?

Edited by Valny
  • Love 2

BTW- the guy in the first shot who says "Where are the freaks?" Where have I seen him before?

It's Finn Wittrock so possibly The Normal Heart or as Beau Bridges gay prostitute lover on Masters of Sex. That's where I've seen him. Or you might've thought it was Darren Criss like I did for a minute before I looked it up. Edited by joelene

Holy shit !!!!  That promo video was incredible..... I'm much more psyched up now. I loved the big, gothic monster plastic gaudy thingy leading into the carnival.  The scenery looks like it's going to be the type that transports you ... right to 50's Florida.

I'm gonna become OPTIMISTIC rather than cautiously optimistic now.   Don't let me down, Ryan Murphy !

Thank you for posting that Valny !

I swear! It's like Ryan isn't afraid of clown(He isn't) so he proceeded to put ALL the clowns he could in the intro.

I already have 2 friends who preemptively  quit weeks ago at the mere thought of evil clowns.

• Love 1

I swear! It's like Ryan isn't afraid of clown(He isn't) so he proceeded to put ALL the clowns he could in the intro.

I already have 2 friends who preemptively  quit weeks ago at the mere thought of evil clowns.

He said in an interview he's not frightened by clowns but intrigued by others' fear so he threw in as many as possible. He also said a lot of the crew have to walk off set when they film the clown scenes. Sadistic much?

I'm not freaked out by clowns but I was horribly let down by Coven.  Didn't even finish the season.  I'm not feeling optimistic about this one - - I caught a commercial last night during Sons of Anarchy and it just didn't move me.  I was more freaked out by a commercial for that damn Annabelle movie.

You're welcome jnymph. and if you guys enjoyed that promo... how about the opening

title sequence! Oh man , friggin' clowns!

Eek !!!!!!!!

That opening is just pure genius. The clown peering around the corner made my hair stand on end !!! And there's something about a clown twisting balloons that makes me queasy.

I love the soft carnival music intertwined with the traditional creepy AHS theme. Perfect.

Completely geeked for the freaks!!!

• Love 1

"The death rate will likely be the same"? I sort of doubt it. In every single season, all but one main character has died at least once. Death is apparently permanent this time around, so I don't think we'll see a lot of major deaths until halfway through. Or they'll just all die in the premiere. It's AHS.

And I just realized that Sarah Paulson is the only actress who has survived every season. Impressive.

And I just realized that Sarah Paulson is the only actress who has survived every season. Impressive.

Oh wow, that's an interesting fact.

And one more article before the premiere tonight!

I love that the review says of S3..."their crummiest season, last year's tone-deaf Coven."   

I really wish Lily Rabe was coming back. Love her.  She was a highlight for me last season in a less than great season. Fingers crossed she'll pop up later in the season.

• Love 1

This makes me wonder if I'm right in thinking that Lily Rabe is the only one of the main cast who has been killed in every season. 

This makes me wonder if I'm right in thinking that Lily Rabe is the only one of the main cast who has been killed in every season. 

Depends on how technical you want to be. Frances Conroy was dead in Murder House, Death in Asylum, and killed in Coven (twice?).

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/16/ahs-freak-show-exclusive-ryan-murphy-episode-two/

Ryan Murphy talks to Entertainment Weekly every week about AHS (he did this last season, too). It's always quite informative without being too spoiler-y.

He shoots down speculation that Season 5 is space-themed:

People are already thinking they’ve figured out season 5’s plot. Have you noticed if anyone has gotten it right?
I’ve been looking and nobody has gotten it right.

A lot of people are thinking it’s space-related due to Elsa’s song last week.
No. We’re not doing space. Because space is not in America. It’s American Horror Story not Intergalactic Horror Story. But I thought the clues about people thinking it was space were clever. I always love it when people come up with these theories but it is 100 percent not space. It is land-bound and it takes place in the United States.

• Love 3
Guest Accused Dingo

I have heard rumors that the series is going to eventually tie all the individual seasons together.  I would love season 5 to be a continuation of season 1.  One of the minor complaints of Murder House is that it ended on a bit of a cliffhanger.  Season 5 should be a Damien kind of storyline. 

I love all 4 of these people.

I am obsessed with these "Extra-Ordinary Artists" interviews! Actually I'm impressed with RM for doing this (rare as that feeling is), because they make a great effort  at giving us a little window into their perspective in being perceived as freaks/different. I like that you really get to see both the confidence and vulnerability of the actors. Ervin (Amazon Eve)  got to me when talking about her family not accepting her. In contrast, I loved seeing the footage with Siggins (Suzi) and her children on set. Favorite part though was Matt Fraser's line about how people believe disabled people can't fight or have sex, so he is a black belt and excells at shagging. Ha! He's my favorite ever. 

Edited by Beezel
  • Love 2

Attractive, English, and snarky? I'm smitten!

AVC: What’s the reaction to your work been so far?

MF: The reaction’s been 100 percent positive. I’ve had a lot of 19-year-olds tell me I’m hot, which, bless them, is super. But what can I say? They go, “You’re really, really hot” and I go, “Thank you. You’re really, really 19.”

Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 3

That Bassett interview was pretty good. I liked the bit about Michael Chiklis getting all squeamish and that she seems so willing to just roll with the show. I did, however, think this was funny: 

It’s phenomenal, and that comes out of Ryan Murphy and his love and appreciation of women. He had a man cut out his tongue for one!

Even the interviewer was like, uhh, the hell? 

Matt Fraser is very rapidly becoming my favorite person. 

The other thing is my projects. My career goes like this in Britain: Every five years I get on TV and everybody goes “Oh, it’s going to be the big time for you, Mat!” and I’m back on the stage of the Bethnal Green Working Men’s Club naked and covered in fake blood as fucking usual!

This made me laugh out loud. Also, I'm glad he was bold enough to snark about Sarah Paulson  asking what she should say on Letterman/ not wanting to wrongly represent anyone. I have nothing personally against her and I bet she meant well, but that's still pretty condescending  and obnoxious. 

Also love:

However, when the monolithic corporations approach me wanting my story, I know where it’s going. I know the power of the edit, and I won’t do that. They won’t have me on Letterman, because I’m not bloody Sarah Paulson—I’m just some new flipper guy on the block.
  • Love 1
It has been happening, yeah. I went to get ramen the other day and there were like three people whispering, “That’s Dandy! That’s Dandy!” It sometimes takes people a second because I don’t usually wear those curls, and I don’t wear that many ascots, in general. [Laughs] I get a lot of second looks or double takes. But, yeah, the reaction has been pretty surprising in its scope.

Ha!

I really liked his discussion about how he plays Dandy, since I do think he does such a great job making the character (somehow) sympathetic at times. So, I'm glad he's going for making him human and not just creepy. 

I want him to be in the next season so bad, but I agree only if he gets to play something really different. Love Dandy, but it would  be bad for everyone if RM writes a character too much in the same vein. Homicidal man children can get old really fast like that.

Edited by Beezel
  • Love 1

Ranking 25 of the Best American Horror Story Characters Ever by Huffington Post.

First off, Stevie Nicks should NOT be on that list!! That's a spot someone could have filled damn it!(so many other choices like Addie,burn guy Larry from S1, Angel of Death even! The Piggy guy from S1 also shouldn't be on that list either IMO. 

And Sister Jude should be a lot higher ranked IMO(or lower, depending on how you look at it) She'd be in my top five.

• Love 1