Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
RescueMom

Survivor In The Media

Recommended Posts


On 2/29/2020 at 6:55 PM, RandomWatcher said:

 

Geez, you'd be able to see her fake lashes from outer space. I love the variety between pic 2 and 3. 

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, phlebas said:

Huh.  Brandon is still alive and, apparently, free on his own recognizance. 

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/survivor-star-brandon-hantz-apologizes-to-philip-sheppard.html/

I hope Phillip responds and says "who?"  (And I hope CBS does not respond and continues to forget the Hantz family exists.)

NO NO NO NO NO NO

I will be done with Survivor if they bring back any of the Hantz family

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, phlebas said:

Huh.  Brandon is still alive and, apparently, free on his own recognizance. 

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/survivor-star-brandon-hantz-apologizes-to-philip-sheppard.html/

I hope Phillip responds and says "who?"  (And I hope CBS does not respond and continues to forget the Hantz family exists.)

I’ll pass, and hopefully CBS does, too.  After the way the Caramoan reunion was handled thanks to Brandon (Phillip brought his own security for gods sake), anyone with the last name Hantz needs to stay far, far away.  And I don’t know what the show Flipped Off is, but fitting a Hantz would appear on there?

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I’ll pass, and hopefully CBS does, too.  After the way the Caramoan reunion was handled thanks to Brandon (Phillip brought his own security for gods sake), anyone with the last name Hantz needs to stay far, far away.

Totally agree. Brandon never should have gotten past whatever psychological/psychiatric evaluations they do on contestants. I suspect he was waved through because of who his uncle is. The Hantz family (especially Russell and his brothers) seem like deeply unpleasant people and I firmly believe that Brandon's dysfunction has its roots in their awfulness. Public attention and lump sums of cash are not going to help anyone in this family.

Fortunately, I think Probst and the rest of the producers are over Russell—I don't think they'll ever forgive his leaking the Heroes vs. Villains boot order. And given the way Brandon went out of Caramoan (and the fact that he didn't seem particularly stable during South Pacific), I imagine he's too big of a potential liability for production to feel comfortable bringing him back again. I could be wrong, but I think the Hantz era is over and is unlikely to be revisited.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Hera said:

I could be wrong, but I think the Hantz era is over and is unlikely to be revisited.

From your fingers to God’s computer monitor....

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, phlebas said:

Huh.  Brandon is still alive and, apparently, free on his own recognizance. 

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/survivor-star-brandon-hantz-apologizes-to-philip-sheppard.html/

The part of the above article that alarmed me the most, copied and pasted to share the terror (emphasis added by me):

Hantz is out for “real redemption” and promised he would not have a physical altercation with anyone. Additionally, he shared that he and his wife are both concealed weapon owners and passed an FBI background check, which, in his eyes, should suffice for Survivor.

  • Surprise 4

Share this post


Link to post

It's nice of him to promise to not have a physical altercation with anyone. I made that promise to my boss when I was hired.

  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

It's nice of him to promise to not have a physical altercation with anyone. I made that promise to my boss when I was hired.

I thought that was simply implied when I was hired. No one mentioned it to me specifically. Does that mean I can attack my always clearing her throat co-worker?

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

I hope we are shown some reactions from Rob, Parvati and the other tribe with Ethan getting voted out. The editors have been doing a horrible job (because of EOE) with the vote out reactions this season. They don't show them returning from Tribal Council and then the next day it's right to another challenge.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I thought that was simply implied when I was hired. No one mentioned it to me specifically. Does that mean I can attack my always clearing her throat co-worker?

Personally, I’m disappointed you haven’t already.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I hope we are shown some reactions from Rob, Parvati and the other tribe with Ethan getting voted out. The editors have been doing a horrible job (because of EOE) with the vote out reactions this season. They don't show them returning from Tribal Council and then the next day it's right to another challenge.

EOE is really more of a distraction than anything, I feel. 

If they keep it, the show should be 90 minutes 🙂

  • Like 7
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, simplyme said:

The part of the above article that alarmed me the most, copied and pasted to share the terror (emphasis added by me):

Hantz is out for “real redemption” and promised he would not have a physical altercation with anyone. Additionally, he shared that he and his wife are both concealed weapon owners and passed an FBI background check, which, in his eyes, should suffice for Survivor.

Yeah, when I read that, I was thinking that I never remember that being a qualification to get on the show.  Just a really random thing to bring up.

Quote

Fortunately, I think Probst and the rest of the producers are over Russell—I don't think they'll ever forgive his leaking the Heroes vs. Villains boot order. And given the way Brandon went out of Caramoan (and the fact that he didn't seem particularly stable during South Pacific), I imagine he's too big of a potential liability for production to feel comfortable bringing him back again. I could be wrong, but I think the Hantz era is over and is unlikely to be revisited.

I don't know if Brandon killed it or if it was Russell's whining and sharing spoilers, but I agree.  They had two chances they could have brought any of the Hantz family back (Game Changers and the first EOE), and they didn't.  I think it would take some crazy strange of events to have either one of them back again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Yeah, when I read that, I was thinking that I never remember that being a qualification to get on the show.  Just a really random thing to bring up.

I assume Brandon brought up his concealed carry (CC) permit status to claim since the FBI considered him sane enough to pass a background check, then nobody else had any reason to suggest otherwise - a somewhat specious argument, considering the lack of uniformity between states in reporting CC-relevant mental health issues to the FBI has long been recognized and acknowledged as a specific material weakness of the existing NICS background check process.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Yeah, when I read that, I was thinking that I never remember that being a qualification to get on the show.  Just a really random thing to bring up.

I don't know if Brandon killed it or if it was Russell's whining and sharing spoilers, but I agree.  They had two chances they could have brought any of the Hantz family back (Game Changers and the first EOE), and they didn't.  I think it would take some crazy strange of events to have either one of them back again.

The odd thing though is that Russell played on Australian Survivor a year and a half ago!

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/3/2020 at 2:36 PM, phlebas said:

Huh.  Brandon is still alive and, apparently, free on his own recognizance. 

Good for him. Related note: should a petition get started for the purpose of keeping him off the show?

Share this post


Link to post

I seem to remember Russell's brother was on Big Brother a few years ago and he got expelled from the house for physical violence so I don't care what the FBI says, clearly it's genetic and everyone in that family is batshit.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

It's official. Jay from Millennials vs Gen X is on next season of MTV's The Challenge (the aptly-named "Total Madness").

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go pout in the corner, as I wanted him back on a Survivor second chance season. Ugh.

https://ew.com/tv/the-challenge-season-35-total-madness-cast/

(There's something funny or sad about it premiering on April Fool's Day. And directly against Survivor. Double ugh.)

Edited by Eolivet

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

It's official. Jay from Millennials vs Gen X is on next season of MTV's The Challenge (the aptly-named "Total Madness").

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go pout in the corner, as I wanted him back on a Survivor second chance season. Ugh.

https://ew.com/tv/the-challenge-season-35-total-madness-cast/

I liked Jay just fine during his time on Survivor but seems to me the decision to go in the MTV world was more him and less Survivor not calling again. The minute he appeared on that Ex on the Beach mess, it was obvious The Challenge would soon follow. I'm just surprised it took him this long. Let's just hope for his sake he doesn't follow the drunken, pill popping mess of most of the idiots on that show. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I liked Jay just fine during his time on Survivor but seems to me the decision to go in the MTV world was more him and less Survivor not calling again. The minute he appeared on that Ex on the Beach mess, it was obvious The Challenge would soon follow. I'm just surprised it took him this long. Let's just hope for his sake he doesn't follow the drunken, pill popping mess of most of the idiots on that show. 

Don’t forget the social diseases! Yeah, there are a few people in there that I don’t hate and actually like, but I would welcome a program to get me out of watching this show.

Also, I’m hoping it’ll go to 9, and that the premiere will run from 8-10. I’d watch The Challenge “live” to chat on a fan group on Facebook, but there’s a similar thread for Survivor here. #INeedALife

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Jextella said:

EOE is really more of a distraction than anything, I feel. 

If they keep it, the show should be 90 minutes 🙂

Ok.  So, I still feel the same way - EXCEPT for tonight.  So touching!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Ok.  So, I still feel the same way - EXCEPT for tonight.  So touching!

The rate it was going, I was more content watching EOE than the actual game.  But now that Tyson is there, less is more.  That said, I feel like we barely got any sort of strategy or camp footage tonight.  Since Dakal went to TC, and we've barely seen anything of them in the first place, I would have liked to have seen more dynamics over there.  Nice to finally see Nick join the game! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I figured sooner or later she'd run for something.  Being a public defender, she's been very vocal about what she thinks about the criminal justice system, so I guess this is one way to bring about change.  I don't know much about NYC politics and what her odds are, but good luck to her.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, LanceM said:

Former Survivor Eliza Orlins (season 9,16) is running for Manhatten DA. lol

 

 

Oh, brother! I can’t stand Eliza. That said, I’m not for NYC and have no idea who the current DA is or if Eliza has a chance to win. Does anyone know the NYC political scene for Manhattan DA?  How her odd? Will she be voted out? 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, LanceM said:

Former Survivor Eliza Orlins (season 9,16) is running for Manhatten DA. lol

 

 

All her competitors need to do is show clips of Corrinne and her from The Amazing Race in their ads and she will be easily beaten.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know how conservative Manhattan voters are, but a Deputy Public Defender running to be District Attorney is always a very long shot. The fact that there's a lot of documented footage of Eliza being an immature brat isn't going to help her either.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I don't know how conservative Manhattan voters are, but a Deputy Public Defender running to be District Attorney is always a very long shot. The fact that there's a lot of documented footage of Eliza being an immature brat isn't going to help her either.

Depends on if Eliza can garner enough campaign contributions to win the media war, and direct the flow/direction of the conversation.  Maybe she can hit up Michael Bloomberg for some contribution funds and/or support - he’s a New Yorker, he has deep pockets, and rumor is he has some free time on his hands lately.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I don't know how conservative Manhattan voters are, but a Deputy Public Defender running to be District Attorney is always a very long shot. The fact that there's a lot of documented footage of Eliza being an immature brat isn't going to help her either.

I feel like NYC in general is pretty liberal and left leaning, though I don't know much about Manhattan.  Even unpopular politicians and the like can still win just because people are afraid of change.

While I know Eliza is obviously way more professional in her job, all I can think is when a judge is reprimanding her client or things aren't going her way, the eye rolls and sighs come out.  Wonder if she's ever been able to say "your honor, all my client had was a stick." 

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Beaten to it by seconds! In that case, I'll maintain my joke about the Challenge not having to delay their filming, because that cast has already been exposed to every disease imaginable.

(I picture Survivor kicking out Australian Survivor out of Fiji. They always film in the nicest times when Fiji looks idyllic: blue skies, clear water, sunny, and Australian Survivor makes Fiji look like a war zone: cold, overcast, swampy.)

Edited by Eolivet
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I guess in theory if they were able to film in May they would be able to edit in time for a late September or October debut. It would be Season 42 that might be harder to do for Probst and the crew. They do back to back now but that might be pushing it. Purely speculation on my part though. I can’t imagine not having Survivor to watch in September though if it’s not filmed in May or later for that matter. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I guess in theory if they were able to film in May they would be able to edit in time for a late September or October debut. It would be Season 42 that might be harder to do for Probst and the crew. They do back to back now but that might be pushing it. Purely speculation on my part though. I can’t imagine not having Survivor to watch in September though if it’s not filmed in May or later for that matter. 

Yeah, they could even film over the summer and probably still have something ready for fall.  I’m not surprised by this news.  Probably for the best.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

52 minutes ago, Souris said:

Interview with Yul about Jonathan Penner’s wife having ALS. Truly heartbreaking, especially since her type is genetic and their kids have a 50/50 chance of developing it.

The article/interview with Penner from some months ago was both heartbreaking and life-affirming.  They are still so much in love, and still collaborate as writers.  I had always liked Penner, but this story of love and devotion completely melted me.

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Souris said:

Interview with Yul about Jonathan Penner’s wife having ALS. Truly heartbreaking, especially since her type is genetic and their kids have a 50/50 chance of developing it.

That was rough for me to watch.  I had an aunt who passed away from ALS a few years ago.   Couple that with Jonathan being one of my favorite players, it was tough to see because I know exactly what he is going through and heartbreaking is probably the best word to describe it.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I guess in theory if they were able to film in May they would be able to edit in time for a late September or October debut. It would be Season 42 that might be harder to do for Probst and the crew. They do back to back now but that might be pushing it. Purely speculation on my part though. I can’t imagine not having Survivor to watch in September though if it’s not filmed in May or later for that matter. 

It would basically be like what they did with 2nd chance.  That was filmed after the finale and aired in September.

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone think the live reunion show will get effected by the virus?  I know we are still two months away, but could they end up cancelling it all together and revealing the winner some other way?  I could see them doing it without a live audience, too (which I can't say I'd be opposed to).  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

16 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Does anyone think the live reunion show will get effected by the virus?  I know we are still two months away, but could they end up cancelling it all together and revealing the winner some other way?  I could see them doing it without a live audience, too (which I can't say I'd be opposed to).  

I almost posted this very thing yesterday, as it's been on my mind. I didn't know when the live reunion was supposed to air, but I figured it would be in May and maybe things would be calmed down by then. But it kind of doesn't seem that way. If it's in New York and things are still as in flux as they are now, with shutdowns and all, I could see this happening.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, tvgoddess said:

I almost posted this very thing yesterday, as it's been on my mind. I didn't know when the live reunion was supposed to air, but I figured it would be in May and maybe things would be calmed down by then. But it kind of doesn't seem that way. If it's in New York and things are still as in flux as they are now, with shutdowns and all, I could see this happening.

It's filmed in Los Angeles (I can't remember the last time it filmed in NY).  I know everything is just day by day, hour by hour.  But it's been on my mind.  I think best case they film without an audience, worst case they figure out something else.  It might be the first season where Probst announces the winner via Skype.  I also wonder if summer reality shows like Big Brother might get cancelled or postponed.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

It's filmed in Los Angeles (I can't remember the last time it filmed in NY).  I know everything is just day by day, hour by hour.  But it's been on my mind.  I think best case they film without an audience, worst case they figure out something else.  It might be the first season where Probst announces the winner via Skype.  I also wonder if summer reality shows like Big Brother might get cancelled or postponed.  

COVID, Asteroids, Cancer, ALS....March has been a pretty dramatic month so far.

I've lost track of all the asteroids but two intersect earths orbit tomorrow. 

https://www.ibtimes.com/nasa-warns-2-asteroids-intersecting-earths-orbit-next-week-2939156

Survivor provides a much needed respite.

Edited by Jextella
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I've lost track of all the asteroids but two intersect earths orbit tomorrow. 

https://www.ibtimes.com/nasa-warns-2-asteroids-intersecting-earths-orbit-next-week-2939156

Survivor provides a much needed respite.

😳😳😳😳😳😳

Thanks for THAT thought! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

And even if some semblance of a Reunion is held, Probst will have nothing to pimp for the fall.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

First off, I don’t think the two week thing most are following since as schools and some tv shows are following isn’t realistic. Secondly, I think it will go on a month or two but after that I’m clueless. May does seem a long time away but I could see it dragging out another month so after that. Maybe, by then it could be okay with just the cast with no audience. Thirdly, with no March Madness they should air two hour episodes for the month. I’m sure they have plenty of extra footage. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

First off, I don’t think the two week thing most are following since as schools and some tv shows are following isn’t realistic. Secondly, I think it will go on a month or two but after that I’m clueless. May does seem a long time away but I could see it dragging out another month so after that. Maybe, by then it could be okay with just the cast with no audience. Thirdly, with no March Madness they should air two hour episodes for the month. I’m sure they have plenty of extra footage. 

Do you know when the finale is scheduled for?

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Secondly, I think it will go on a month or two but after that I’m clueless. May does seem a long time away but I could see it dragging out another month so after that.

Public health officials are saying July or August things will get back to normal, according to the latest modeling data (and if defiant spring breakers have their way, it'll be more than that). Even if they lift the recommendation for groups of no more than 10 people, with crew, the reunion show probably has more than 50 people, which is the next highest CDC recommendation.

I think this live reunion show is all but canceled, unless they're going to do 20 Skype interviews.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size