Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor In The Media

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, RandomWatcher said:

Yikes, that's one hell of a mug shot! Pink eyeballs and black streaks all over her face, I'm going to guess that alcohol played a role in this incident. 

There was nothing in that article that isn't already widely known. I thought we were going to get some juicy new info.

And most of it is really to the viewers' benefit (and essential to running the show in it's allotted time), like editing down the TCs and not showing the prep time before challenges. Who the hell wants to watch that? It doesn't make the show "fake." 

The only potential fakery I see in there is the reports of crew members lighting the fires with lighters.

• Love 3

The first time I ever heard about the contestants doing a practice run during challenges was S31, but everything else I had heard years ago.  I think around Marquesas, and then AS when a bunch of bitter contestants who didn't get picked spilled the beans.  I remember Joel Klug saying he knew about the Tagi alliance, and that was why he was so gung-ho about Pagong forming an alliance.  He heard it from a cameraman, and in return did re-shoots and played up certain aspects of his "character".

It's why I believe there's some truth to what Stacey Stillman said.  When the show finally ends one day, I wouldn't be surprised to learn a lot more.

• Love 2

I’ve not heard that they get to practice the challenges, in fact I was told the opposite. But Probst and his big mouth, chattering while they are trying to concentrate, has caused some contestants to misunderstand him, stop... and have to start over.

During SC, Joe posted a pic of one of the challenges (I think it was the 3rd one, from the press pics) and he made some comment about going through a practice run.  I can't remember the exact comment, but it was the first time I had heard that.  I guess it makes sense, although kind of funny that even with practicing some of those contestants are still pitiful.  Not that I would be any better lol 

I wish Probst would just shut up during the challenges like he did back in the day.  We are watching.  We can see whose behind.  We can see whose struggling.  We can see whose kicking ass.  We don't need color commentary.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone say "oh good, here comes Jeff's play-by-play."

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

I’ve not heard that they get to practice the challenges, in fact I was told the opposite. But Probst and his big mouth, chattering while they are trying to concentrate, has caused some contestants to misunderstand him, stop... and have to start over.

I don't see anything in that article that says they get to practice.

From the article:

After the filmed TV instructions, Probst and the crew reportedly walk each tribe through the event in detail to show them exactly how it will go down. "The tribes can ask questions or strategize during that time," reported MSNBC (via the Today show). "Accompanying them is someone from CBS' standards and practices division, who makes sure that each tribe has the same basic information so that the contest remains fair."

Instead, the aerial filming is done before the real contestants walk in using a group of crew members known as the "Dream Team." Reportedly comprised of young, athletic crew members, the team runs through challenges before contestants play them to make sure they're doable and fair.

According to this, they get walked through the rules by going over the whole thing, but that's not the same as practicing. The testing team of crew members does the practice and apparently stand in for the aerial shots. 

The first time I ever heard about the contestants doing a practice run during challenges was S31, but everything else I had heard years ago.  I think around Marquesas, and then AS when a bunch of bitter contestants who didn't get picked spilled the beans.  I remember Joel Klug saying he knew about the Tagi alliance, and that was why he was so gung-ho about Pagong forming an alliance.  He heard it from a cameraman, and in return did re-shoots and played up certain aspects of his "character".

It's why I believe there's some truth to what Stacey Stillman said.  When the show finally ends one day, I wouldn't be surprised to learn a lot more.

I do believe the first season played a little fast and loose with certain things. I don't doubt that the show wanted to keep Rudy over Stacy and that they may have tried to influence that outcome. Rudy was a huge part of the first season's success and Stacy wasn't a likable character, so it may have affected things if he left early and she stayed. 

• Love 1

Okay, I must have mis-read that article.  Since none of that was shocking info, I wasn't paying close attention to what it was saying about the challenges.

I do believe the first season played a little fast and loose with certain things. I don't doubt that the show wanted to keep Rudy over Stacy and that they may have tried to influence that outcome. Rudy was a huge part of the first season's success and Stacy wasn't a likable character, so it may have affected things if he left early and she stayed. 

I believe part of it had to with age, too.  They lost two over 60 contestants back to back, and if Rudy left, that would have left the show with a bunch of 20 and 30-somethings.  I sometimes question had Sonja not fallen during the first IC, but Tagi still lost, would she have been the boot?  Would it have been Rudy?  It's all a 'what if', but interesting to think how that might have changed the outcome, and we might have never gotten to vote-gate. 

On 3/29/2017 at 10:42 PM, LanceM said:

Dalton Ross had some cool behind the scenes stuff about what actually goes on before a challenge.

http://ew.com/recap/survivor-season-34-episode-5/2/

"First, some behind-the-scenes intel. Here’s what basically happens out on location before a challenge. After Jeff Probst gives the instructions for what the challenge is, you hear him say, “I’ll give you a minute to strategize.” And he does. But that minute does not happen immediately. What happens first is he and challenge producer John Kirhoffer walk each tribe individually through the contest — literally walking them from section to section explaining exactly how it should be done, what is allowed, and what is not allowed. While Probst is giving one tribe the tour, the others are in a lockdown, meaning they are not allowed to speak to each other at all. So say he is walking Nuku through it. While he is doing that, Mana and Tavua have to just sit there and stare off into the ocean and contemplate Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey.

Also worth noting: While Probst is giving the tours, someone from CBS standards and practices is listening in. If the host gives one piece of information to one tribe but forgets to tell the others, that S&P person will flag it and make sure the other tribes are informed as well. So everyone gets the exact same 411. Anyway, after all three tribes have gotten their personal walk-throughs, the cameras are turned back on and then they are finally told to strategize. This is always filmed but hardly ever shown, just because there is never enough time. If it is ever shown, it is because it somehow directly connects to something that will happen later in a challenge — usually someone saying how great they are at a particular thing and then sucking. (Think about it: They never show someone saying how great they are at puzzles… and then that person rocking the puzzle. I mean, they actually did do that here with Zeke, but it was jut to show all three tribes strategizing to set up the Debbie fireworks. If that Debbie craziness does not happen, none of that is ever shown.)"

Bumping this up due to the questions about what happens at challenges.

• Love 2

I'm curious about the whole recruiting thing.  I don't know how many actual applicants Survivor gets nowadays, but what about actual applicants do they not like?  Too old, not attractive enough?  I'd say too much of a try-hard, but they get that equally with recruits.  I guess it's always kind of amazed me that of all the applications they get, they can't find 18-20 contestants that stand out. 

48 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I'm curious about the whole recruiting thing.  I don't know how many actual applicants Survivor gets nowadays, but what about actual applicants do they not like?  Too old, not attractive enough?  I'd say too much of a try-hard, but they get that equally with recruits.  I guess it's always kind of amazed me that of all the applications they get, they can't find 18-20 contestants that stand out. 

My guess is the job is too big and daunting.  For every one video that is good, there are probably hundreds that are hell nos.  It is much easier to send scouts out to hunt down certain types.  

• Love 2

Abi was recruited, she’d never seen the show. They wanted someone with an accent and who would come across as beautiful yet sassy. She knew why she was cast and played it to the hilt. Phillip was recruited, he was riding his bike at Venice Beach or Santa Monica, can’t remember which... and someone from production spotted him and talked him into coming on the show. Phillip is a cat-lover, by the way, and has two beauties. :)

The people who get on the show via a video rarely last very long. If you remember back in one of the early seasons (might have been the first time we saw Boston Rob), the girl who would go off and sit by herself and was voted out quickly.... her video was WAY different than what she came across as onscreen. She was wearing some type of sexy black lingerie and dancing... I remember Probst asking her at the reunion “WHERE was that girl??”

• Love 1
On 10/4/2017 at 4:54 PM, LadyChatts said:

I recall reading once that casting said that their applicant pool is mainly white people who've been on other reality shows. 

I think they claim to have started casting for Cook Islands, due to complaints of a lack of diversity.  And that season was one of the best so it probably reiterated the need for it.

17 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Abi was recruited, she’d never seen the show. They wanted someone with an accent and who would come across as beautiful yet sassy. She knew why she was cast and played it to the hilt. Phillip was recruited, he was riding his bike at Venice Beach or Santa Monica, can’t remember which... and someone from production spotted him and talked him into coming on the show. Phillip is a cat-lover, by the way, and has two beauties. :)

The people who get on the show via a video rarely last very long. If you remember back in one of the early seasons (might have been the first time we saw Boston Rob), the girl who would go off and sit by herself and was voted out quickly.... her video was WAY different than what she came across as onscreen. She was wearing some type of sexy black lingerie and dancing... I remember Probst asking her at the reunion “WHERE was that girl??”

That was Stephanie from Thailand, and I'm thinking she wasn't the only one from that season to pull the wool over their eyes.  I re-watched that one not too long ago, thinking it wouldn't be as bad as I remember (especially all these years and seasons later).  I think it was actually worse.  On paper, it definitely looked like a promising cast.  They should have just left it on paper.  

So do recruits have to go through the whole audition process, like making a video and filling out an application?

I recall reading once that casting said that their applicant pool is mainly white people who've been on other reality shows. 

I think they claim to have started casting for Cook Islands, due to complaints of a lack of diversity.  And that season was one of the best so it probably reiterated the need for it.

I remember that, and I think they said they hoped it encouraged more diverse people to apply.  Considering how blacks, Latinos/Latinas, and Asians can be edited on this show (and other reality shows), I'm not entirely shocked if they steer clear of it (or at least doing the traditional application route).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

So do recruits have to go through the whole audition process, like making a video and filling out an application?

No, not to my knowledge (they have to fill out some type of paperwork about their background, next of kin contact, etc), but they do sign that inch-thick non-disclosure contract.

35 former Survivors give their best memories of playing the game for Entertainment Weekly:

http://ew.com/tv/survivor-35-former-players-share-their-favorite-memories/survivor-fan-favorites-reveal-their-best-memories/

Interesting stuff, some of it unexpected.  For example I never liked Candace, but now I kind of do because of this:

"My favorite memory from Survivor is actually from Blood vs Water: enduring the worst Ponderosa in the history of Survivor (hello, Colton!) "

To clarify the bad Ponderosa is not her good memory, it's her memory of her partner John doing well in the game after she was out of it.  Still I hate to imagine what Ponderosa with Colton must have been like.

And this utterly characteristic bit from Courtney Yates:

“I love to laugh so a stand out among many favorite Survivor memories is in Heroes vs. Villains when Sandra fell across the stream and they caught it on camera. That may be the hardest I've ever laughed in my life.”

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ratgirlagogo said:

35 former Survivors give their best memories of playing the game for Entertainment Weekly:

Thanks for sharing this.  This made me like [Amazon] Jenna more than I ever did before, because of how graciously she acknowledges Matt's selflessness in allowing them to see their family members (I always hated how all the others implied he was like a serial killer when I saw him as just a cerebral introvert).

I also know what David Wright is talking about, having spent several months in Tonga, not that far from Fiji--just hearing church choirs practicing floating in on the breeze in the evening is something special.

• Love 1

Reality Blurred rips into the latest episode. It's hard to top how Andy started the piece:

If future generations of television scholars need evidence about why Survivor Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers has been forgotten, they need look no further than episode 12’s reward challenge, which someone came up with on their way to class because they forgot to do their homework.

I can think of many Survivor challenges that were brilliantly conceived, constructed, and executed. I can think of a few challenges that didn’t work; I can think of some that I’m tired of seeing.

But I can’t think of a worse challenge than this in 17 years of watching Survivor.

A short time later, he wrote about Probst selling the "challenge" to Dalton Ross. Very, very feeble stuff.

• Love 3

I love Andy Dinehart because he can actually be critical (sometimes painfully so) since he’s not up TPTB ass.  The day Dalton Ross or Gordon Holmes or anyone else with access to the show and who get to go onsite and make suggestions do that, I’m sure those days will be over for them.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I love Andy Dinehart because he can actually be critical (sometimes painfully so) since he’s not up TPTB ass.  The day Dalton Ross or Gordon Holmes or anyone else with access to the show and who get to go onsite and make suggestions do that, I’m sure those days will be over for them.

They were for Andy. There is a reason he doesn't interview the players after the season  like he used to years ago..

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LanceM said:

They were for Andy. There is a reason he doesn't interview the players after the season  like he used to years ago..

I vaguely remember that.  Was that over Russell Hantz?  I can't remember exactly.  Whatever the case, it's nice to have someone out there that will provide something other than a tongue bath to the show, and not call Probst out or ask him hard questions about the show.  Jeff's response to the RC was pretty much what I expected.  But it's already an edited show, so what does it matter how long they took at the reward?  And as Andy points out, it's not like we have challenges that go for hours and hours any more.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Want to attend the Reunion? Reality Blurred has the requirements! And, yes, they are unbelievably shallow, but I don't think CBS gives a rat's ass.

So they have requirements for Devon, Ben, and Chrissy, but not Ryan or Mike?  And I thought seat fillers were the types that sat in a seat when someone got up in an awards show.  But this sounds like Probst will actually be talking to them (hey, just another tactic to avoid talking to the people who were actually on the season).  Could they not find some random celebrity to crash the stage for 15 minutes?  Could Boston Rob or Cochran not fly in for Probst to talk to them?

I love that Chrissy's fans can't be men or childless women and have to be between 40-50.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I think most reality shows cast the live audience, to some extent.  SYTYCD goes to LA sororities to get all those pretty young ladies in dresses to stand there for hours during live show tapings, with their phones confiscated.  It makes (or they think it makes) the show look like it appeals to hip millennials, which I don't think it does.  

As a "childless woman" (child-free?) I am disgusted by all of that but I guess not surprised.  The criteria for fans of the 4 men are basically the same, men or women, with slight differences in age range, but about the same size range.  But Chrissy has this unbelievably narrow category -- 40-50 year old women with children.  It makes me cringe to think that Jeff will be spending reunion time talking to these manufactured fan-cyborgs.  But of course he always does.  And I always watch the reunion later so I can fast forward.

• Love 4

I always knew there were audience plants, but I didn't realize they were such specific plants.  Now it will take even less time than usual to watch the reunion show because there is no way I'll watch any Peachy-Specific Plant discussions.  More time to make cookies!

• Love 2

I suppose it's to spew the party line... "As a Marine I find Ben heroic..."  "As a working mother of teens, I find Chrissy inspirational..."  Bleh.  American tv viewers kind of suck, present company excluded.  

With any luck the seat-filling agency is just filling these roles IN CASE Jeff runs low on material and decides to hit up the audience for sound bites, and in reality he won't.   One can hope.  

46 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

It didn’t use to be plants in the audience, I got to go a while back (Rupert’s first season) and mine was a radio station giveaway for the passes. And the contestants get a number of passes for family and friends. Or they used to.

When I was watching the Gabon reunion again, Jeff pointed out that Randy used his six seats for random strangers that were fans of the show.  I think these were people that approached him on SM and invited him to Survivor related events, but he said the only other people he could bring were his friends from college, and they weren't fans.  So he wanted to give true fans this experience.  I always assumed it was a mixture of family members, specific past Survivors and maybe some of their loved ones, and fans that won giveaways or maybe were just in the LA area (or NY area, when they had the reunion shows there).  And of course any celebrities.  I never thought about seat fillers or plants.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I know Randy gets a bad rap, and the man is grumpiness personified. I will say that I didn't think he was racist, because he hated everybody.

Maybe CBS should do Reunions with small crowds, or maybe without an audience. Seriously, I know Survivor pulls in good ratings, but is it "water cooler television" anymore? And that's why Burnett and/or CBS had to put up an ad.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

I know Randy gets a bad rap, and the man is grumpiness personified. I will say that I didn't think he was racist, because he hated everybody.

Maybe CBS should do Reunions with small crowds, or maybe without an audience. Seriously, I know Survivor pulls in good ratings, but is it "water cooler television" anymore? And that's why Burnett and/or CBS had to put up an ad.

I never thought Randy was racist.  I don't like the guy, but I actually felt sorry for him.  He seems like a sad and lonely human being that masks that by being mean and bitter, and putting up this front of nastiness.  There were bits and pieces during the season that I caught that made me think stuff happened to Randy to make him feel like that.  I have an aunt who might actually be worse, but she had some things go wrong for her in life, so now she's a lonely bitter woman whose alienated so much of her own family and friends (and says she doesn't care).  I actually think underneath it all Randy has a decent heart.

As for the reunion show-I actually wonder if CBS will eventually pull the plug on them as we know it.  Maybe do Caramoan style, but just fly in the jury/finalists, or just the finalists.  Maybe not even do a reunion, but just announce the winner live and spend 2 seconds talking to them.  I don't know how costly it is for CBS, but since ratings aren't what they use to be, and they don't do anything like America's Favorite Player or anything like that anymore, they may figure what's the point.  All I can think is, with Ryan talking this season about being a virgin and not having a dating life, Probst is going to find the doppelganger of Hannah in the audience who gushes over Ryan, and Probst forgets he's not hosting The Bachelor franchise and asks Ryan if he'll accept the rose from this audience member totally chosen at random and not in anyway a plant by TPTB.  Also, I didn't finish reading that memo from RB before, but apparently they are also looking for children that are fans of the show and comfortable talking to Probst, and super fans families.  Because really, we all know everyone wants to hear from random strangers in the audience!  Especially little kids!  Oh well, hope 15 out of the 18 castaways enjoyed their free trip to LA if they didn't already live there.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

TMZ just butchered the whole f4 to f3 fire competition as a winning thing with Harvey Levin acting all how many seasons what what..totally clueless.  The title of the bit was something to the effect of fans being outraged by....well I guess its Ben winning because of the fire challenge.  As in people didnt like the fire challenge.  Is this true?  Is the survivor sm universe in outrage mode?

Here is the clip from the webpage

http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/21/survivor-winner-ben-driebergen-takes-shots-selfies-season-35-finale/

Edited by marys1000
6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Reality Blurred on the finale. I agree with most of what Andy says, that the producers weren't giving Ben idols, but they did provide the format where he could find idols and save himself.

One of the things I’ve learned, accidentally, each person has a camera person and sound person with them 24/7. Remember when the camera zoomed in on an idol clue (the three tribes, Penner was there, Abi, Mike, etc) and the dude still didn’t find it?  If someone is out there and they’re aware that the camera person knows where the clues are, all they have to do is watch where the camera is panning.

So I don't know if anyone here listens to Max and Corinne's podcast, but they just uploaded their recent one talking about the finale and some of the Survivor parties going on.  Max was supposed to be one of Roark's reunion show guests, but apparently she was told he was being banned "by someone from the top", and he believes that person is Jeff.  Reason is of Max being critical of production in the media, which he says goes back to his issues with the Varner/Zeke incident and that he didn't believe they should have shown that (he also says there's more to that story that he hopes to be able to tell one day).  Max and Corinne have never really held back their feelings on the show or Probst, and have let production secrets out, which probably didn't help their standing.  Sounds like both of them are over it at this point.

On a somewhat humorous side note, Corinne went to one of the pre-finale parties where some of the S35 cast was, and when she approached JP, he thought she was a random fan looking for a picture.

• Love 3

I was bingewatching "Say Yes to the Dress" while wrapping presents over the weekend (don't judge), and I saw an old episode with Jaclyn and Jon from the second Blood vs. Water season.  She looked gorgeous, as you'd expect.  Interestingly, they never once mentioned Survivor, which is surprising to me, since that show often has minor (or faux) celebrities and usually doesn't stop crowing about it.

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-staying-in-fiji-forever-29107

This article is from September, but was updated by Redmond yesterday to confirm Survivor is staying in Fiji at least until 2020 (its 40th season).  Anyone want to start making guesses on the ridiculous themes they'll come up with or re-use since they can't keep calling it Survivor: Fiji for the next 2 years?  

I'm sure at least one of those seasons will be another returning player season, in some form.  The 40th season especially probably will be, but even before then.  Jeff's been talking kind of heavily about SC again, mentioning contestants from this season he'd want to see back (which caused other contestants from earlier seasons to start campaigning again).  I wouldn't be overly shocked if they did BvsW3 with returning contestants and their loved ones.    

Edited by LadyChatts
22 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-staying-in-fiji-forever-29107

This article is from September, but was updated by Redmond yesterday to confirm Survivor is staying in Fiji at least until 2020 (its 40th season).  Anyone want to start making guesses on the ridiculous themes they'll come up with or re-use since they can't keep calling it Survivor: Fiji for the next 2 years?  

I'm sure at least one of those seasons will be another returning player season, in some form.  The 40th season especially probably will be, but even before then.  Jeff's been talking kind of heavily about SC again, mentioning contestants from this season he'd want to see back (which caused other contestants from earlier seasons to start campaigning again).  I wouldn't be overly shocked if they did BvsW3 with returning contestants and their loved ones.    

Following the pattern of the past few years, I'm guessing 37 will be returnees (or part thereof) and 40 will be for sure - although everyone assumed 30 would be and instead that was Worlds Apart, so. I was going to suggest a FvF3 for 37 but they have been subtly playing up some loved-ones relationships recently so a BvW3 wouldn't surprise me. Second Chances if they want to go full-returnee. Assuming 40 is a returnee season either HvV2, I'd guess, unless they can *finally* get an all-winners season off the ground.

Non-returnee themes... are there any recent ones that could be re-used? WA and HHH were so similar and yet so specific, and the seasons themselves considered pretty terrible, so I think those are done, and hopefully with them any more career-related themes. MvGX seems tricky to repeat, although it could be done. It feels like ages since they've done a gender-split, so maybe it's time again? 

ETA I don't mind them staying in one spot for a while. While I'd love to see another non-south-pacific-beach season like China or Tocantins, that ship has sailed, so it's all a bit the same, and if it means they save a bit of money and keep making the show, then Fiji is fine. I love the wildlife/scenery shots, but it's no longer one of the reasons I watch. 

Edited by MissEwa
44 minutes ago, MissEwa said:

Following the pattern of the past few years, I'm guessing 37 will be returnees (or part thereof) and 40 will be for sure - although everyone assumed 30 would be and instead that was Worlds Apart, so. I was going to suggest a FvF3 for 37 but they have been subtly playing up some loved-ones relationships recently so a BvW3 wouldn't surprise me. Second Chances if they want to go full-returnee. Assuming 40 is a returnee season either HvV2, I'd guess, unless they can *finally* get an all-winners season off the ground.

Non-returnee themes... are there any recent ones that could be re-used? WA and HHH were so similar and yet so specific, and the seasons themselves considered pretty terrible, so I think those are done, and hopefully with them any more career-related themes. MvGX seems tricky to repeat, although it could be done. It feels like ages since they've done a gender-split, so maybe it's time again? 

The one theme I unfortunately see them doing is a political party based season.  There was some speculation, based on occupations and demographics, that MvsGX was going to be one of those seasons, and it got changed.  I don't know how true that is, but I can see the show stooping to that level.  And it's not like this show would surprise us and not cast stereotypical Democrats and Republicans.  The interesting thing about SC is that Jeff was kind of hyping some of the pre-jurors from this to return in the future, which makes me wonder if they'd do an all pre-juror SC vote next time (or put more of them on the ballot than last time).  I do remember many being surprised S30 wasn't a returning player season (which would have been ideal to spare us what a shit show that season was, and the obnoxious "dirty 30 for life!" that came out of it).  S40 though, considering it would be 20 years, I can't believe they wouldn't be some big returning player season.  That's when I'd expect an all winner season.  HvsV2 would be another strong possibility, and though I don't really want another FvsF, I think we are due for one.

I've also seen some Survivors and/or their loved ones talking about doing BvsW, so maybe it is in the works, or they are just preparing and putting themselves out there so casting will notice they are interested.  

There were some interesting descriptions of wanted contestants tweeted out by those in casting: "adventurous single female red head" was one,   Another gem was looking for a Captain America type young male that was single.  It's no wonder they have trouble casting seasons when they get so specific with casting choices, sometimes because of themes (this past season being a good example). 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Really, really, really, really cannot see Burnett and Co. bold/foolish enough to do political leanings. If they did, it wouldn't be an official gimmick. Or it would be, but the players aren't aware until after the season starts airing.

On 12/21/2017 at 8:55 PM, cooksdelight said:

One of the things I’ve learned, accidentally, each person has a camera person and sound person with them 24/7. Remember when the camera zoomed in on an idol clue (the three tribes, Penner was there, Abi, Mike, etc) and the dude still didn’t find it?  If someone is out there and they’re aware that the camera person knows where the clues are, all they have to do is watch where the camera is panning.

So there aren't ninja cameramen and stuff like that? Because I would think that players looking at cameramen for clues would have been too stupid. But that might be the case. Damn.