Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor In The Media

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, KimberStormer said:

So hang on is this some kind of showmance thing???

I don't know if that's, purely business, friends with benefits, or an actual relationship.  He posted a pic of the two of them on his IG with a #powercouple (among other hashtags), so people on there assume that's confirmation.  I follow Joe on his various SM, and on SnapChat he and Kelly were in LA actually pitching this show idea.  The photo on his IG I think was related to that.  I thought Kelly was married and still living in Mexico all this time, but they've been at each other's side for the last few months.  

Edited by LadyChatts

I don't imagine a whole lot of people are going to go online to watch a dull 39-year-old mom and her 3-year-old run around the world having fun in gorgeous locales with their 28-year-old man crush.  At least I'm not.  

Joe and Malcolm, maybe.  

49 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I don't imagine a whole lot of people are going to go online to watch a dull 39-year-old mom and her 3-year-old run around the world having fun in gorgeous locales with their 28-year-old man crush.  At least I'm not.  

Joe and Malcolm, maybe.  

I still don't get what the point is.  Driving around the backwoods of states/countries looking for hole in the wall places, while doing yoga and finding inner peace?  Originally it sounded like they were just going to stream it online.  Maybe with an actual deal with someone bigger, they can have a bigger budget to do cooler stuff.  I tend to agree with you, though.  However, I'm always amazed at shows that not only make it to air, but also become popular.  So what do I know.

As for Kelly/Joe-whether they are or aren't, they don't have to say.  But my biggest pet peeve with anyone is doing this 'are they/aren't they', and keeping attention on themselves.  Your entitled to a private, personal life.  But either confirm it or don't make it obvious.

Hah.  "Figtayls" is no more.  http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/27/survivor-figgy-taylor-millennials-vs-gen-x

She cryptically says that a "real life situation" led to her and Taylor not being together.  Not exactly sure what that means, but since she says "you will find out on the reunion show"... I'm assuming she's pregnant.  Or he's gay.  Or something that isn't nearly as interesting as she seems to think it is.  I love how she says that she was strategising and Taylor brought her down.  When was she ever strategising?  She is delusional.

So I guess that means no Sia serenade at the reunion, hahaha.  Jeff will be disappointed.  Or maybe Jeff and Taylor are going to get married.

• Love 1

Not exactly sure what that means, but since she says "you will find out on the reunion show"... I'm assuming she's pregnant.  Or he's gay.

Really...because I just assumed he probably had a girlfriend back at home, which she found out about when they got back to the real world.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Big Mother said:

Not only that, but that outside-world-girlfriend was knocked up, too.

Yeah, saw that in Figgy's thread. I honestly thought the girlfriend at home was pretty obvious with what she was saying in the interviews. Didn't see the pregnancy coming, especially the fact that this means Taylor is going to be a father. Based on the brain dead idiot I've seen so far this season, that is a very scary realization.

• Love 3

After a quick Google search, it looks like he has issues related to alcohol abuse.  But I didn't find specifics of why in a wheel chair, or what specifically is going on.  Granted, I don't have a right to know that info.  I was just curious.

He never took a drink until he won Survivor, and it escalated. He was dumping dozens and dozens of vodka bottles into the trash at the apt. complex where he lived. Went through his money. This will be his third appearance on Dr. Phil. First time, he said he'd recover. Second time, he'd severely relapsed. And now this.

He's in a very bad place now.

Edited by cooksdelight
9 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Because they were voted off the day before Thanksgiving, my guess is they will be up tomorrow.

I see, thanks. I really have to give props to the casting this season. This is first season in a long time that I am fully engaged, waiting for the next episode, watching secret scenes and reading exit interviews. I try to watch every season but usually tune out halfway due to the personalities or how the votes are shaking out. This season has diverse personalities and entertaining tribal councils because players are willing to take risks. I know Probst probably up-talk every season but I hope he is doing extra for this one, because it has been super entertaining for me.

• Love 3

This

46 minutes ago, waving feather said:

Not sure where to put this: David, Michelle, Adam and Jay celebrating Figgy's birthday together with the winner of Survivor AU S1. They look cute.

What an awesome picture.  I will be sad for whoever doesn't win but it's good to know the 3 guys - are on good terms. 

• Love 2

Jay's so freaking adorable.  I really hope we see him again in a future season (another set of pretty hair to add to my fantasy Malcolm/Ozzy/Joe season).  Aside from Figgy/Taylor, this seems like a somewhat close cast. 

I see that some people on SM are hyping the big Figgy/Taylor showdown that's coming tomorrow, but I really hope Jeff doesn't spend a ton of time on those two, and doesn't let it dwell.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 6

It's so weird but I love when Survivor contestants become bff's. That's the main reason I want to go on the show. I want a new friend(s). LOL!!!

Adam looks different because he has more hair or maybe it's just been washed. I think Michelle is so pretty and Figgy still annoys me for some reason. David looks older but happy and Jay looks crazy because of the carmera cat eye. How is it that we can a man to the moon but we still can't fix camera cat eye? I'm looking forward to the two hour finale & reunion. The reunions always suck and I've come to accept that. Also, I want to catch a peek at next seasons cast and theme.

Totally just realized that David doesn't have his mustache & beard. That's why he looked so different to me.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Jay's so freaking adorable.  I really hope we see him again in a future season (another set of pretty hair to add to my fantasy Malcolm/Ozzy/Joe season). 

You too, huh?  Those curly-haired boys get me every time.  It's all Ozzy's fault.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

I love that picture!

Is it just me, or does Adam look pretty different (but not better or worse) in that photo than he does on-screen?

He looks rather womanly in that photo. Not bad, but very feminine. I'm glad to see them hanging out. 

I had completely forgotten about the Taylor/Figgy blow-up, so at first I was wondering why he wasn't there. 

Totally just realized that David doesn't have his mustache & beard. That's why he looked so different to me.

He's also put some weight on, which is a good thing considering how scary skinny he is on the show. 

1 hour ago, ljenkins782 said:

He looks rather womanly in that photo. Not bad, but very feminine. I'm glad to see them hanging out. 

I had completely forgotten about the Taylor/Figgy blow-up, so at first I was wondering why he wasn't there. 

He's also put some weight on, which is a good thing considering how scary skinny he is on the show. 

I also noticed pictures of Brett pre game. He looks so different. I guess his hair grows fast in 39 Days. He seems to have lost weight but he was a big guy so it isn't as noticable. I'm curious to see how much weight he lost. Ken doesn't look any different except for the beard.

Guys, you have to read this.

Exit interview with David, Bret and Jay (together as a group). They are funny as hell.

And I will admit, I like Bret! I can't help it. He reminds me of some of my friends with his sarcasm and cutting humor (at times inappropriate but hey). I just find him hilarious. I loved his answers about Will's "report card" and possibly needing to bring up his sad gay cop sob story if he's seated in the FTC with Adam, muahaha. David and Jay are a hoot as well.

All three of them seem to have a crush on Michelle as well. "Hot as fuck" as Jay put it.

And dammit David, I would have loved to see a FTC with you and Jay.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, waving feather said:

Guys, you have to read this.

Exit interview with David, Bret and Jay (together as a group). They are funny as hell.

And I will admit, I like Bret! I can't help it. He reminds me of some of my friends with his sarcasm and cutting humor (at times inappropriate but hey). I just find him hilarious. I loved his answers about Will's "report card" and possibly needing to bring up his sad gay cop sob story if he's seated in the FTC with Adam, muahaha. David and Jay are a hoot as well.

All three of them seem to have a crush on Michelle as well. "Hot as fuck" as Jay put it.

And dammit David, I would have loved to see a FTC with you and Jay.

This interview is hilarious to me, them saying that anyone sitting next to Ken and Hannah would have won.

Freaking Sunday would have won against Ken and Hannah. Wow. 

That's a great interview.  But I don't agree with Bret about Will's 'report card'.  It's 100% true that you usually need some resume points to win.  Bret laughed at that like Will made it up.  And Bret thought he'd win on purely social game.  Maybe, but I think having some resume points and big moves to show would make it much more likely.