Type keyword(s) to search

Nashville in the Media

According to Rolling Stone Christmas With Nashville will be released November 4th. It's produced by Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts who appeared in an episode working with Gunnar last season.

Christmas With Nashville Track List:

1. "Santa Baby" — Clare Bowen

2. "Blue Christmas" — Charles Esten

3. "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" — Jonathan Jackson 

4. "White Christmas" — Hayden Panettiere

5. "You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch" — Connie Britton

6. "River" — Sam Palladio

7. "Baby, It’s Cold Outside" — Connie Britton and Will Chase  

8. "Merry Christmas Baby" — Aubrey Peeples

9. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" — Chaley Rose

10. "Christmas Coming Home" — Lennon & Maisy

11. "Oh Little Town of Bethlehem" — Will Chase

12. "Celebrate Me Home" — Sam Palladio, Clare Bowen, Charles Esten, Jonathan Jackson

Edited by Sugarsprinkles
  • Love 1

Christmas With Nashville will be released November 4th.

Woo Woo!! I can't wait to get this! I think the voices are perfectly matched to the songs, though I would love to hear Audrey Peeples and Chris Carmack on "Baby It's Cold Outside"; their voices are nicely matched.

• Love 1

Airwair -- That was my thought too about Connie is she going to talk it through the song because she doesn't have the voice for it. Who's the person who picked "Oh Little Town of Bethelem" a religious song for Will Chase to sing. Are they trying to make us feel something for the guy, not going to work for me.

10. "Christmas Coming Home" — Lennon & Maisy

This is a song that the girls already released on itunes back in 2012 so I am disappointed that we aren't getting a new song from them.

I wish that this album included a group of the actors singing "Carol of the Bells."

• Love 1

I wish there was a Scarlett/Gunnar duet on there. I would also love to see (also on the show) a Juliette/Avery duet. 

In a way, it almost a perfect formula record, as everybody literally gets one song. The one change I want is Scarlett/Gunnar instead of (gag) Rayna/Luke.

• Love 1

Well I know that Layla isn't a fan favorite, but Audrey has a wonderful voice - much fuller and more developed than most of the other women in the cast - so I'm glad she was included. I expect Claire Bowen to be great on Santa Baby, but would have loved a Scarlett/Gunner duet, too.

...except Chris Carmack. Why Aubrey Peeples gets one over him is beyond me.

Could they at least get him to record one line like "Welcome to the Christmas album, bitch!"? I keep picturing Cowboy Will and Detective Gordon having a conversation.

It's a really glaring omission that he is the only main cast member who isn't on this album.

I think they missed a huge opportunity not including Laura Benanti but I am going to pretend that's because she's a new cast member and/or because she's a guest star, not a regular.

It would have been nice to have a song with Lennon, Maisy, Connie, and Chip. Hell, throw in Will Chase if that's what we need to make it happen.

I, too, miss the Scarlett/Gunnar duets so it's a shame the show didn't use the holidays as an excuse to let them sing together again. And no ZAG song either!

Even though I don't like Layla as a character, Aubrey has a good voice so I'm glad she got to do a solo on this album.

• Love 1

Another clue that Chris Carmack's character is doomed, maybe.

I didn't think of that - but I hope you're not right. I feel like there are so many places they could go with that character, and have been hoping they'd get Will back to interacting with other core characters (ie, not just Layla and random dudes). Makes me think Will might buy it sometime soon. Layla is definitely on the road to la-la-land lately!

For those interested, Chip (Deacon) will be hosting Nashville's New Year's Eve Bash (the city of Nashville, not the show) which will be shown on ABC's Dick Clark/Ryan Seacrest Doo-Dah.  Not in it's entirety but they'll show different cities and Nashville is one of them, so there should be a good deal of Chip.

Also, he's playing all over town these days.

Awwww, only #6th?

Nashville is greatly helped by the fact that fandom and reviewers don't seem to take it seriously. My favorite guilty pleasure is to watch the show just to understand the hilariously brutal recaps. It's not just a show, but an entertaining TV ecosystem. Keeping the expectations low will ensure its success.

Zoey should have been awared Worst Plot Device.

I read somewhere that Avery was supposed to also be a plot device, but showrunner liked him so much she kept him on.

I read somewhere that Avery was supposed to also be a plot device, but showrunner liked him so much she kept him on.

I thought Jackson was hired as a series regular at the beginning, unlike Zoey who was added in?