Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Be Our Guest

• Start Topic

If AHS does a Thatcher School series, isn't that basically the same locale idea as Coven?  Wasn't Coven a school for young ladies, ostensibly?  I don't remember (actually, I don't think I paid attention that closely.)

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 1

If AHS does a Thatcher School series, isn't that basically the same locale idea as Coven?  Wasn't Coven a school for young ladies, ostensibly?  I don't remember (actually, I don't think I paid attention that closely.)

Yes, it was an academy.

I wonder if it was like a product placement, or is it considered to be a good school?

I felt like someone on the writing staff was trying to get their kid into the school given it was mentioned twice.

If AHS does a Thatcher School series, isn't that basically the same locale idea as Coven?  Wasn't Coven a school for young ladies, ostensibly?  I don't remember (actually, I don't think I paid attention that closely.)

It could be a similar idea, but with Coven, the school was just a cover for the coven.  In a new season, they could have a school that actually functions as a normal school, just with supernatural goings on.  

I wonder if it was like a product placement, or is it considered to be a good school?

I felt like someone on the writing staff was trying to get their kid into the school given it was mentioned twice.

If AHS does a Thatcher School series, isn't that basically the same locale idea as Coven?  Wasn't Coven a school for young ladies, ostensibly?  I don't remember (actually, I don't think I paid attention that closely.)

It could be a similar idea, but with Coven, the school was just a cover for the coven.  In a new season, they could have a school that actually functions as a normal school, just with supernatural goings on.  

• Love 1
and Alex as the worst mother even was even more of a joke. The callous way she locked those kids in that wing of the hotel just typified her "don't care" attitude about everything but her boy ( I know that was the point about her). Sally's neediness was grating and I'm suprised the rest of the ghosts/vampires didn't just lock her away somewhere to stop her complaining . There was nothing tragic about her but just nails on a chalkboard whiny. Did I mention how whiny she was?

I will give this to the show: it's about the only one that really allowed female characters to be irredeemably horrible and annoying. That's pretty unusual to see--most women characters, no matter how evil they're ostensibly supposed to be, have to be "softened" for the viewers in some way or other--tragic backstory, unexpected vulnerability, etc. 

These two women had none of that. Alex was a monster, but if none of this shit happened she'd have just been a low-key one, never having to admit out loud that she loved her son to the exclusion of all else, much less following the "vamp-accidental-creation-of-a-pack-of-feral-children-whom-she-sealed-up-to-die" path. But she never apologized for anything she did because it got her what she wanted; her son in her arms for eternity. 

Same for Sally. Whiny, needy, annoying, with her perpetually tearstained face (thanks, Captanne, for pointing that out!) and tooth-clutched cigarette, Sally never bothered giving a shit about what you wanted, unless it got her what she wanted. She never cried about her childhood or her circumstances, only her pain, her pain, her endless paaaaaaiiiiiiinnnnn....It was all about her, period, forevermore. 

As much as I railed about this group of horrible slaughterers not getting their due in the end, I do have to thank the show for not softening its villains. These women were VILLAINS who didn't stop to feel guilty about their horrors and wrongness, their selfish monstrosity. They just plowed through death and life demanding more, more, more. They didn't change or soften or repent, and for women that's rare thing indeed. 

• Love 8

I forgot how much I really like Hotel until it dropped on Netflix and I could binge.  It is second only to Asylum in seasons I enjoyed.  I know there are plenty of people who disliked Gaga but I found nothing wrong with her performance.  She might have been the weak link but not horribly so.   I enjoyed most if not all the storylines and thought that they all circled around each other nicely.  I think this will be like Asylum in that it will be a season I will watch several times.  

• Love 1

I will never forgive this season for killing off Queenie for no fucking reason. How did her death push the plot along? Ramone got all juiced up on witch's blood and then....

...just screwed Gaga one more time and let her go?? Queenies blood was wasted! At least have Ramona kill Gaga so Queenies death has a purpose...

And why didn't she show up as a ghost? If there ever was unfinished bussiness to become a ghost for, then not winning at The Price is High surely would be it, no?

• Love 1