Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Breadstix

Cranberry

Quinn is the one character that as much as I did enjoy her, I think her major arc was finished. Her major fear was remaining a Lima Loser, ends up pregnant, becomes a social pariah but bounces back and goes off to Yale. Not much else that's been seen of her since has had any added benefit.

Which speaking of, her and Puck? Just no. Beyond the obvious in show reasons, military relationships are hard to keep up. I've seen more than a few relationships go tits up for everything from long distance issuez to PTSD. Not that we'd see any of that, but it's a nitpick I can't overlook, even if it's low on the Major Fuck Ups of Glee list.

I liked the idea of Puck and Quinn giving a relationship a chance, I'm not sure it would work, but they were only ever shown in love with each other but high school wasn't their time. I like the idea of them being happy in between some spectacular fights! 

I never even bought that they were ever in love. Puck was screwing everything that opened their legs to him (including the other 2/3rds of the Unholy Trinity) and Quinn seemed to care far more abput her public image than anything else, not unlike a certain other cheerleader from a certain other High School dramady Murphy produced.

Oh, well. Not likely we'll have to see any aspects of it in what little time this show has left anyway.

• Love 2

I never even bought that they were ever in love. Puck was screwing everything that opened their legs to him (including the other 2/3rds of the Unholy Trinity) and Quinn seemed to care far more abput her public image than anything else, not unlike a certain other cheerleader from a certain other High School dramady Murphy produced.

Oh, well. Not likely we'll have to see any aspects of it in what little time this show has left anyway.

I believe it's canon that Puck screwed all of the unholy trinity!

(edited)

The TCAs are all about who the shows want to promote. Not necessarily who is deserving. And if you look at the rules of the TCAs, the winners are selected by the network (not necessarily the vote results), so it's a completely manipulated award. It's rather amusing that TPTB would think that Chord deserves to have his name listed alongside Jim Parsons and Ashton Kutcher. As the last straight white boy character left standing on the show, I can understand why they very much need Chord to happen (despite having failed to do so in the past two years despite an overload of screen and story focus).

Chris doesn't need Glee's promotion so this hardly has me shedding any tears. I'm actually rather surprised that they're not putting Darren up for this award (though his inclusion would be just as laughable). Lea being listed is no surprise given that she's RM's pet, and there's no way in hell that they would promote Naya over Lea.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 2
(edited)

Chris is going to be off doing his movie during all this, so they probably took his lack of availability into account - especially if he's missing a bunch of the next season for it too. Darren already won one of theses things for something or other and hosted last year. They've done as much as they can for him with this faux awards show. So I'm not real surprised it's finally Chord's turn. They seem determined to pretend he holds up as a lead actor, so this is just an extension of that collective delusion (desperation) they have going on over there at Glee and Fox.

Edited by whack-a-mole

Jezz.... this isn't kindergarten, where you get nominated because it's your turn. You either deserve something or you don't. Chord's contributions to Glee this season weren't exactly helpful or noteworthy. Not to say that he didn't have a few funny moments (loved him slut-shaming Artie), but for the most part he made me cringe in second hand embarassment.

At least I don't need to pretend to be a 14 year old this year.

• Love 1
(edited)
Lea being listed is no surprise given that she's RM's pet, and there's no way in hell that they would promote Naya over Lea.
Jezz.... this isn't kindergarten, where you get nominated because it's your turn. You either deserve something or you don't.

So Lea still does a good job and is still the lead and since being the winner the past 2 years it is pretty much a given to be nominated again. 

If Naya hadn't gotten cut she may have been nominated in the second wave of nominations (still to be annouced) in the scene stealer catagory.  

TCA's kept Lea and Mindy in the catogory but took out Zooey,  why, probably becasue Lea garnered more votes and hits to thier site.   Odd Fox agreed to that when Zooey is still one of ther main shows.

Edited by tom87

I was watching bits of season 4 over the past couple of days and I noticed a few things I'd either forgotten or didn't notice first time around: 

• Jesus Christ they laid it on thick about Marley being so special and so freakin wonderful, and how fragile she was, especially from the graduated students. Finn, Quinn, Mercedes, Mike and Santana all pitch in. 

• None of the other noobs actually has any agency apart from Marley they're all built round her. Jake and Ryder to fight over her, Kitty to be her enemy. But frankly I never got any motivation for any of them doing any of that. 

• My god Blaine and Sam were annoying. Everytime they were on screen together I wanted to slap something (generally them). 

• Grease cast just about everyone wrongly. 

• They hinted at a Tike reunion and never followed through. Bastards. 
  • Love 2
(edited)

Marley was "nice"but  that was not  the main  problem, but that she was a sad sack character who whimpered for most of her screen time..  Fuck, they laid it on thick for this character;  Marley was introduced as a  poor ingenue, with an overweight mocked mother, her defining trait having an eating disorder  and an outsider and yet with two hot guys immediately besotted with her.   That model had to have come with a spine in an alternative universe  but instead we got her portrayed as such a whiny victim.

Even her last SL in "Nationals, she is frigging going to Nationals yet contemplating quitting Glee because she's had no callbacks for her songs submitted to outside sources.  WTF?   And yet we have two guys still battling for her and everyone falling over themselves trying to accommodate her.   AT least Rachel was entertaining in her Divaness.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

Marley was "nice"but  that was not  the main  problem, but that she was a sad sack character who whimpered for most of her screen time..  Fuck, they laid it on thick for this character;  Marley was introduced as a  poor ingenue, with an overweight mocked mother, her defining trait having an eating disorder  and an outsider and yet with two hot guys immediately besotted with her.   That model had to have come with a spine in an alternative universe  but instead we got her portrayed as such a whiny victim.

Even her last SL in "Nationals, she is frigging going to Nationals yet contemplating quitting Glee because she's had no callbacks for her songs submitted to outside sources.  WTF?   And yet we have two guys still battling for her and everyone falling over themselves trying to accommodate her.   AT least Rachel was entertaining in her Divaness.

Word. 

Seriously what did this girl have to whine about? She was talented, the glee club accepted her almost straight away, the alumni were her biggest fans, and the two hottest guys at the school were fighting over her. 

The only thing I ever liked about the Marley/Jake/Ryder triangle were the rare occasions it became about Jake and Ryder's relationship. I don't mean it in a slashy way, but they were actually quite interesting together. (Although if the show had gone down that road I wouldn't have complained!)

Agreed about Marley. She was little more than a plot device packaged as a character. Calling her the New Rachel is an insult Rachel at her worst doesn't deserve because obnoxious and overbearing as she is, she is willing to fight to make her dreams happen. Plus, she's shown to not be a complete sad sack. Marley might as well be Saint Mary Sue of Lima.

Oh well. Not like we'll have to see her again.

I hope.

(edited)

• My god Blaine and Sam were annoying. Everytime they were on screen together I wanted to slap something (generally them). 

I actually like Sam and Blaine in season 2 and didn't mind them in the background or even slipping  up to an b or c plot once in awhile.  But together they were just so bad.

And their acting together was just so basic at times.  It only got worse when they threw Tina in..   And I see many people and reviews like Dynamic duos but I found it insufferable becasue of these two and the capped superheros stuff. I was not fun or funny at all.

I guess the Ryder stiff was ok in Dynamic duo but even it was went on forever .   The dyslexia testing seem as if it was filmed in real time  since it went on forever.

Edited by tom87

So I just finished watching season 3. (Yes I'm watching in reverse order). And: 

• Christ Finchel is dull. The marriage plot seemed to be because they had nothing else to do.

• With the exception of Santana, West Side Story was cast completely wrongly. 

• Matt Bomer is really really pretty. 

• Props is the worst episode of Glee EVER. I wanted to slap the shit of out Mike Chang so badly, (one of my favourite characters) that's how bad that is. 

• Season 3 is really bad for all the women have to saved/helped by men, and with the exception of Tina helping Mike patch things up with his Dad it's never reciprocated. 

• Also season 3 had two tribute episodes to major black artist, and over the course of the two episode the only black character has no solo, only duets with white men, and participates in a group number. 

Props was good compared to Pot 'O Gold and I kissed a girl.   Spanish Teacher was boring  too. 

Pot O' Gold was kinda meh, I wouldn't watch it back, but I don't hate it. Much as I dislike the misogyny in I Kissed a Girl, the music was great and Santana rocks. Props actually makes me want to throw things at the screen. 

I just watched the Spanish Teacher to eye up Ricky Martin!

(edited)

Props had some good moments. Seeing how some of the cast were reinterpreting other characters was highly amusing (Chris had Cory's "gassy baby" Finn expression nailed), but I absolutely hated the message that the episode was sending. That Rachel's goals were first and paramount for ND, and the aspirations for everyone else has to take a back seat. That one shouldn't expect a chance to try to earn a solo, but should quietly be a team player and wait your turn (which in the case of Kurt never happened).

And it really took what had been one of the healthiest, most mutually supportive relationships and threw it completely under the bus. Tina could go out on a limb to enroll Mike in the dance program that he really wanted and try to get Mike's father on board with Mike's real career goals, but he then reprimanded Tina for demanding a chance for a solo,

Will say that the name of the episode was appropriate, since it was made very clear that everyone in ND existed merely as props to Rachel's climb to her goals.

The less said about Pot O Gold, the better. An hour of trying to make that block of wood named Rory happen. Meh.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 3

And it really took what had been one of the healthiest, most mutually supportive relationships and threw it completely under the bus. Tina could go out on a limb to enroll Mike in the dance program that he really wanted and try to get Mike's father on board with Mike's real career goals, but he then reprimanded Tina for demanding a chance for a solo,

This was my major problem with the episode (hence wanting to slap Mike). Mike's awful to Tina, and she accepts it. Which with any other couple on Glee I might've accepted that but they spent the better part of two seasons basically saying that Mike and Tina think the sun rises and sets on each other. There's just no way I believe him not supporting her. 

The less said about Pot O Gold, the better. An hour of trying to make that block of wood named Rory happen. Meh.

Which sums up how I felt about most of Season Four.  It was a concentrated relentless  effort to make block of wood (particularly Marley and Jake) happen as leading characters.

Rory could sing, as could  Marley and Jake, and Jake can certainly dance, but that's not enough to make leading characters when no pulse is evident on screen.

• Love 2

Which sums up how I felt about most of Season Four.  It was a concentrated relentless  effort to make block of wood (particularly Marley and Jake) happen as leading characters.

Rory could sing, as could  Marley and Jake, and Jake can certainly dance, but that's not enough to make leading characters when no pulse is evident on screen.

If it's not on the page then there's nothing the actors can do. That's true in all three cases. 

• Love 1

If it's not on the page then there's nothing the actors can do. That's true in all three cases. 

Yes writing is key but I think actors can do some things to enhance their character.  A quirk, a stance,  the candace of thier speech.   Sugar for one was able to a lot with very little.   Even Mike who had very little stood out to me more than these 3 who had plots written to them.

• Love 3

Yes writing is key but I think actors can do some things to enhance their character. A quirk, a stance, the candace of thier speech. Sugar for one was able to a lot with very little. Even Mike

who had very little stood out to me more than

these 3 who had plots written to them.

Agreed, and Harry/Mike is far from being a great actor IMO. He just has a screen presence that most of the newbies lack.

• Love 1

Yes writing is key but I think actors can do some things to enhance their character.  A quirk, a stance,  the candace of thier speech.   Sugar for one was able to a lot with very little.   Even Mike who had very little stood out to me more than these 3 who had plots written to them.

Sugar had no writing/storylines, the newbies, particularly Marley had dreadful storylines, there's a difference.  

(edited)

They have all suffered bad writing but some actors deal with it better than others have in part casue they have put more into thier characters imo.

You can have a great writing and still not be albe to pull it off.   

But to each thier own I think you need both good writing and an actor who  makes that material come alive not just reads the lines or fades into the background.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1
Sugar had no writing/storylines, the newbies, particularly Marley had dreadful storylines, there's a difference.

Well in a similar vein, Kitty had horrendous storylines and I think Becca really made Kitty a memorable character.  Kitty was also a retread of past characters, but she was able to convey presence and charisma that Jacob and Melissa just couldn't.  It's not to say that Jacob and Melissa aren't talented, but they certainly didn't seem to leave lasting impressions on anyone.

• Love 1
Not just because of the shortened episode order but because some of their SL sales pitch that got Reily's OK didn't make it  though the second go around. If they went as far as doing chemistry test for a love interest for Unique, (which meant they had a tacit approval)  I can certainly see a new Management team at FOX saying "FUCK NO, we didn't get rid of the Noobs just for you to highlight one of them in your SL's for the coming season."

The spoilers about 3 choir teams, the pumping up of "Daleastreet",  etc, I would say it's all up in the air how that is going to work out by the time the scripts are written

I am of the mind that Fox knows whatever Glee does, it will be a sinkhole of ratings.  To that end they aren't going to waste time trying to dictate stories to RM & team.   My guess is, if Unique was supposed to come back, with a love interest in tow, it got nixed because of how restrictive the severely cut budget is going to be.  I am sure RM would have liked to do yet another social commentary story but if there isn't money there isn't money.  Same reason every female, but Lea, seems to be a guest star.  It also wouldn't surprise me if Kevin ends up as recurring too rather than contract.  

As far as the three choirs concept that may be off the table too because of budget.  Time will tell.

(edited)

My spec is that FOX's new team wants to put their "stamp" and just because they think Glee is a lost cause as far as ratings, they are still spending tens of millions on the show (it used to cost between 3.2-3.6 million an episode back in Season 2) so I just can't see them approving everything precisely  because it is their money.   While I'm sure Ryan Murphy has some clout, I can't fathom with Glee as a lame duck show that he has even more lee way to do whatever he wants.   When Glee was making money FOX didn't give a fuck, now...

I agree it might not be so much  dictating SL's as much as rejecting what they've pitched and having them go back to the drawing room.

Edited by caracas1914

I dont think that the three chiors concept would be harder on the budget than the NYC was arc, thinking about it. Over the course of those six episode each of the 6 graduates that where focused upon where given their own little world of school/work which involved sets and supporting/background characters

Would following a Blane led warbler arc really be any more expensive than following Artie in film school and Mercedes recording career?

(edited)

So then Artie and Kurt are also going to spearhead another Choir team (are we up to 6?)  so that they also receive focus and main storyline in an episode centered on them?.  Yeah right, and I have a Golden Gate bridge I can sell you for cheap.

Edited by caracas1914

I dont think that the three chiors concept would be harder on the budget than the NYC was arc, thinking about it. Over the course of those six episode each of the 6 graduates that where focused upon where given their own little world of school/work which involved sets and supporting/background characters

Would following a Blane led warbler arc really be any more expensive than following Artie in film school and Mercedes recording career?

Blaine and Kurt were in the same classes at NYADA in season 5 (because Blaine is just that special), and all their classes took place in the same ballet classroom Rachel and Cassandra used last year. The audition of Elliot for Kurt's band was in that same classroom, so was Sam's photoshoot, Rachel's photoshoot for 'Funny Girl' (IIRC), and also Blaine's showcase performance.

That room has already had a lot of mileage.

What we saw from Artie's filmschool was just a hallway and a dark room. Since Glee has filmed scenes in hallways and classrooms for 5 seasons I doubt they used a brand new set for those scenes. Mercedes' recording studio could have been the real Glee recording studio.

Most of the indoor scenes in New York in season 5 were shot in the Hummelberry loft (including band rehearsals), the ballet classroom, and the diner. All of these sets were already built in season 4 and ready to use. They only really added the livingroom of Mercedes/Blaine/Sam (where most Samcedes scenes were shot) as a permanent set.

Most outdoor scenes in 'New York' were shot on the Paramount lot in L.A. They did go to New York to film on location, but only twice IIRC: for Rachel's 'Yesterday', and another week or so to film various scenes of the final 6 episodes, but imo that was also partly done to try to get some free media press and fan interest for the move of the show to New York.

So all in all I really doubt that the New York episodes are more expensive to film than the Lima/McKinley scenes were (which also needed a lot of extras in the hallways, and don't forget the many elaborate episode ending performances in costumes on stage).

(edited)

If Glee decides to follow the warblers and VA next season the NYADA set could be transformed into practice studios

for those groups. The large Mckinley group numbers could be cut in favour of low cost and simple ones like Wide Awake where the performers just sat on stools.

I argue that the current spoilers of s6 following the 3 groups  can be cost effective, or at least as expensive as the NYC arc was. I disagree that FOX would have a cost saving argument for denying RIB that plot line.

Edited by Pink ranger
(edited)

Location shoots are incredibly expensive so any location shoot would automatically make the cost of any episode go up.  For the Lima based episodes this year they had some LA exterior shots when nationals was in L.A.  For the New York episode, not only did Glee go to New York for location shoots, they filmed a few days worth of interiors at the Walt Disney Concert Hall, a day or two in the LA subway, and a club (that was full) for Rachel's opening night celebration.    

Because I still think Glee's biggest restriction next year is going to be a budget that has been cut to the bones I also think location shoots are going to be at a minimum as well as big numbers and the use of "hot" songs.  

Edited by camussie
I am serious when I say I thought New York was just as bad as Lima especially in season 5.

I think Season 4 is hard to gauge simply because after the 3rd episode they threw in the towel and practically sidelined New York for the rest of the season.  Rachel got what little SL there was and both Kurt and Santana had nothing.  Would it have sucked as bad as Noob McKinley?  Well they would have had to at least given it a shot.

As to Season 5, I thought the NY scenes when they actually had a SL  were the only saving grace before the split, IMO "Frenemies" and "Trio"  the NY scenes were to me entertaining on the NY side, as well as the first stand alone episode "New New York".

• Love 1

Season 5 was bad but I will still take it over season 4.   

NY should have bene a cake walk for the writers.   It was new situtions with new locations and could have had some new quirky auxilary  charactors    I was so over the Prom and competition cycle. 

(edited)

Yup, as crappy as the writing is, you give Rachel a SL versus Marley and there is a wide chasm,

But see this is my point that you have to lay blame at the writers. I have never seen Melissa Benoist (is that her name) in anything before Glee. I remember reading somewhere that she did some Indie film or something where she was actually kind of awesome and crazy in it. I wouldn't know. But here's the thing for me - Marley sucked as all get out but IMO she sucked because she was a boring, whiny, personality less Mary Sue who blabbed on and on about how much she loved her overweight Mommy.

Who the hell could have made that drip of a character interesting when really that's just it - she wasn't interesting at all and wasn't given any interesting qualities. And that you have to blame the writers for because they crafted her and they wrote those horrible story lines. Look at the one newbie many people came to at least appreciate, if not love - Kitty. Why because yes, Becca Tobin is talented but in my opinion it was more because the writers made the character interesting and at least gave the actress something to work with.

I mean you will never get any argument from me that that whole graduation/fire 90 percent of the cast was levels of stupidity that cannot ever be accurately put into words but still, with writers who were decently talented, the show could have been saved. But that's just it, RIB and company were always just average to adequate and after Season 3 they moved from adequate to serviceable at times and downright just awful most of the time. Not to mention lazy and uninspired.

The NY/McKinley uneven split - that was all the writers again because they were too lazy or just too incompetent to write equally for two narratives. And goodness knows I waded through pages and pages of noobs vs. Rachel/Kurt/Santana discussion at TWOP but I believed then what I believe now - the problem was not the actors but the writing.

NY was under-developed but what there was was boring and uninspired in my opinion. SJP was wasted, Rachel's storyline of struggling as a small fish in a big pond lasted all of two episodes before we were basically told that her teacher was just a raging alcoholic who was just jealous of her amazing talents, Kurt had a relationship that lasted a second and then he was just there to serve as Rachel's best gay.

McKinley had Marley who I've already stated my issues with, that Ryder kid who had every after school special known to man thrown at him to make him interesting, Sam took on another personality to match his latest love interest, this time Brittany so it basically meant he became dumber than a box of rocks, Tina turned into a screeching, creepy vapor-rubbing nut job, Blaine became a guy who hooks up with randoms he meets online and then sings creepy serenades to his straight best friend. All of these things can only be blamed on the writers.

And in all these horrible story lines, more and more people went away - the Klaine fans were pissed as all hell with the cheating plot, Blaine fans were pissed at what they thought was character assassination of the character, Kurt fans resented his not being given enough screen time, Brittana fans were pissed and all but started sending death threats to Ryan Murphy, Finchel fans were annoyed at how long the Brody/Rachel mess lasted, many of the fans who weren't resentful of the whole graduation plot and introduction of random newbies couldn't connect to the newbies as well because most of them weren't very well drawn out characters and/or particularly interesting.

And all of this, going back to my point, can be laid at the feet of the writers which is why any and all resentment I have of the embarrassing joke this show has become goes to them. And after fucking up every single character/plot/storyline/etc. possible in S4 and the ratings all but plummeted, they were left with egg on their faces and no clue where to go from that point on and boy did it show in S5. S5 was a combination of throwing every opinion/thought/line stated on message boards including that pointless all NY mess at the end of the season and then ultimately recreating Lea's life for the end of the season. Considering her latest dating situation, I wonder if we'll see a return of Brody next season.

I am serious when I say I thought New York was just as bad as Lima especially in season 5.

ITA. I found Kurt and Rachel shockingly dull and uninteresting together and while Santana added some much needed spark, it still didn't exactly particularly interest or excite me.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
Look at the one newbie many people came to at least appreciate, if not love - Kitty. Why because yes, Becca Tobin is talented but in my opinion it was more because the writers made the character interesting and at least gave the actress something to work with.

Mileage varies because while Kitty did stick out a biut more than the others, I thought her SL was one of the ones that wasd the most over the map, and her development had more holes than a slice of Swiss cheese. She went from Santana 2.0 to post pregnancy Quinn 2.0 with nary a thought and her school shooting confession of triggering Marley's eating disorder is swept under the rug and never discussed. Granted, the mean bitch archetype is easier to write for and engage the audience than a goody two-shoes like TIIc attempted with Marley, but I wouldn't say, on paper at least, that she was interesting to me.

That said, Becca Tobin was definitely the best of the newbies and I wouldn't mind seeing her again in something not related to "Glee."

(edited)

I said they gave her something to work with, I didn't say it was actually good or well-written because my main point is and always has been that NOTHING the writers have done these past two seasons has been good. Some things have been decent, serviceable but never good much less great. The latter is at this point an unattainable goal for them. Which is why I put any and all blame for the show's demise on them. As I said once before and I swear this is not hyperbole on my part, Season 4 of Glee was one of the worse seasons of a television show I have ever seen in my life - until Season 5 happened.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

What opinions are there about how Rachel's TV show will be used in season 6?

A common train of thought is that when RIB assumed that they where going to have 22/24 episodes that the first part of the season would have been spent following Rachel in LA and then her show fails and she has to go home to Lima where she restarts Glee club. Alternately her show becomes a great success and she finds that unfulfilling so gives it up. however It seems impractical for them to build brand new sets for an LA narrative in a low rated final season.

There are several indications that Lima was always going to be incorporated into early s6 even before Upfront's and the season episode order was heavily implied to be cut publicly. stated. Firstly Ryan said in his interview in April that Matt and Jane will make a come back. He isn't one to speak of far future stories, i.e. a wait until mid season after a Rachel in LA storyline plays out. Also Sam returned to Lima in the s5 finale and there was a lot of promoting of Sam/Rachel/Blane at the end of the season with lea stating in interviews that she knew what those three ( and Sues) storyline would be before and shortly after Upfront's.

I think that either Rachel's TV show with be actually filmed in Lima or a new reality type show will be and Rachel gets inspired to restart ND while there.

(edited)

Or they jump far enough in the future that  her show is just over and she comes back to Lima to regroup before her next career move.

Edited by tom87

I don't have an opinion about how they'll use Rachel's show in a sense of what it means for Rachel/the other characters, because who cares.

But, I have been assuming that RIB+ will use it to shame Glee viewers with "awesome" and "funny" meta comments about the in-show audience of their in-show show.  Blasting us for liking things we weren't supposed to like, or not liking the things that we were supposed to like.  
And just generally throwing a hissy fit and blaming the spectacular nosedive rating on us.

• Love 6

But, I have been assuming that RIB+ will use it to shame Glee viewers with "awesome" and "funny" meta comments about the in-show audience of their in-show show. Blasting us for liking things we weren't supposed to like, or not liking the things that we were supposed to like.

And just generally throwing a hissy fit and blaming the spectacular nosedive rating on us.

Sounds scarily accurate.

I don't have an opinion about how they'll use Rachel's show in a sense of what it means for Rachel/the other characters, because who cares. 

And boom goes the dynamite.

Whatever angle tiic go with, it's gonna be a fail.

Since none of the sophomores are coming back I think they will time jump a point after Rachel finds success and after Blaine graduates.  Maybe the first 1-2 episodes is taking us through that time jump and then they start with everyone back in Lima for various reasons.  

I agree a time jump avoids having to deal with the Sophomores, but more crucially, the NY narrative, ie NYADA, film school , Broadway, etc or any career path for the characters.

Fully expect Rachel to have already won a Tony, Oscar and Emmy by time of her triumphant return to McKinley. Also have a feeling that one of the characters will now be a teacher , implausible as it would seem ( per his SL 's where he doesn't even like college) my bet is on Sam, or maybe even Blaine.

I can't think of three characters I buy less as teachers than Rachel, Blaine or Sam, all for different reasons. Rachel and Blaine are way too self involved, Sam way too stupid. There are actually several characters I would buy as teachers but they've all been written out. I'd buy Quinn, Mike, maybe Mercedes and possibly Tina. I would buy Kurt as a teacher but never back in Ohio. 

• Love 1