Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Of Late I Think Of Rosewood

I loved that Aria stood up for herself, and was the one to tell the truth about how she felt. For some reason, I assumed it would be Hanna, since she's the most impulsive and tends to be blunt about how she feels, but I'm glad that at least one of them spoke up for themselves. Although, Spencer's explanation afterwards about how she didn't think CeCe would be released no matter what they said at least shed a little light on why she decided to testify as she did. It was bizarre to me how confrontational they were towards Ali in the classroom scene... only for everyone {except Aria} to fall in line in the end.

I noticed the Spencer/Caleb hints, but I think it'll be a fake out -- basically, I think Hanna might think that there's something going on, but it'll just be revealed as a close friendship in the end. That's enough to create some drama and tension, but keep the friendship in tact in the end. Also, based on Spencer's 'who are you building the house for?' question to Toby, my guess is she's not completely over him, anyhow. I'm also curious to know if we'll meet Hanna's fiancé. I hope so.

I kind of wish we had gotten to see a snippet of the Liars' new lives though (for more than the second it took for them to read Ali's selfish letter). 

Edited by lavenderpenguin
  • Love 1

I do think there's something going on with Ali and Dr. Rollins, but mostly because of the Mrs. Rollins thing from last season. But I don't think that's why Jason wasn't at the hearing. I think that is because he is as disgusted as most of us at the idea of Charlotte going free so soon after terrorizing teenage girls and if not actually perpetrating, she was the cause of a great number of deaths. There is no way she is "cured" in just five years.

Plus Jason has a whole other reason to be disgusted with Charlotte -- she tricked him into making out with his sister (formerly brother).

Charlotte said they didn't have sex, even though Jason was "frustrated" because he really wanted to -- they dated for months and she spent the summer at Cape May with the DiLaurentis family, so I'm guessing everything .... but. 

And I'm sure knowing what he knows now has probably messed his head a lot so I think Jason probably killed Charlotte and tossed from the church steeple.  People have been killed for a lot lamer reasons on this show.  :)

• Love 2
Plus Jason has a whole other reason to be disgusted with Charlotte -- she tricked him into making out with his sister (formerly brother).

OMG I totally forgot about that. Just.....eeeeew

I do think that Jason was more screwed up by the whole sending Charlotte away as a kid thing than Ali was. Sure, Ali didn't have the brother then sister she barely if at all remembered, but Jason did remember, and he was brainwashed into thinking his brother was just a figment of his imagination! Years later he finds out that figment isn't only alive, but is a girl he made out with! And she freaking KNEW!!!!!

That whole family needs therapy, and no Ali, I don't mean screwing your sister's therapist or eventually marrying him. I mean actual therapy from a real, grown up, non-pervy therapist. Oh, wait, she's in Rosewood. NVM

• Love 3

And she's not even the first sister he kissed. With all of that and the gaslighting, Jason is the real victim of the show. There aren't enough wine baths with Ashley in the world to make up for that.

• Love 10

You know, come to think of it, it's kind of too bad they didn't go ahead and keep the original notoriously awful Spencer green screen shot in the completed episode.  I mean everything else on the show is just so wonderfully trainwreck-level horrible that it's actually become the show's trademark.  Plus Marlene seems to have all the things viewers hate so she should have just kept the original shot in and then respond to anyone who continued to give her grief about it with "But, maybe there's a still-to-be-explored reason why it looked that way that's still part of the story..."  

I can just picture her claiming, "Um, it's supposed to look like that for reasons i can't reveal yet as it would give too much away.  In Rosewood, everything's as it is for a reason" - all while wearing a t shirt reading "For reals this time - #PinkysweAr"

Edited by dwmckim
  • Love 2

Oh lord, I can see it now. Spencer doesn't actually have a great Washington job but she knew she was being videotaped by...yeah, we'll go with A and had to pretend. Maybe she was skyping with someone and bought herself a Washington backdrop to hid from Hanna the fact that she's really living with Caleb in a cabin in the woods somewhere.

And I can totally see Marlene wearing that teeshirt. LMAO I think she probably only uses words with a in them so she cAn cApitolize it All the time.

• Love 3