Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Of Late I Think Of Rosewood

Thoughts:

-I hate Spencer's bangs. Are they supposed to make her look older ala 5 years?  The actress is more attractive without them and already older than the age they are playing. I don't think we needed that do.

-So all the girls (except Em) are successful only one year out of college. Do the writers not live in the read world? College degrees guarantee nothing these days. Most recent grads are swimming in college loan dept. Spencer getting established in a chosen field is not surprising given her family and characterization and we all know Mona is crazy smart, but Hannah making it big in the fashion world and Aria a published author....yeah okay. (Insert eye roll)

-I still haven't figured out how Allie graduated high school on time with all her missing years and yet now she's finished college and student teaching and teaches at the very school where she was the object of rumors and scandal only 5 years earlier. Like the students wouldn't know her story. It's a small town and they were probably already in middle school. 

-If these girls really grew up and went on with their life after high school, why are they still letting Allie tell them what to do? Their immaturity keeps making them more and more unlikable. 

-Sara Harvey....why?  Where are Jenna and Noel Khan and all the original players that should be featured?

-So Toby went to college to move up in a small town (often corrupt) police department. Maybe he should have tried for the State Police. 

-The judge....I thought (from the look she was giving them) that she wasn't buying the rehearsed bs the girls were spilling but then she ruled to release A and then I thought 'okay she really is dense.' Speaking of their statements, they really had to appear in person for something like that??? I would think in the real world a signed/notarized statement in writing would suffice. 

Question:  

- How did Hannah's mother get the money to buy Radley and do those high end renovations?  Did I miss the explanation on that?

• Love 6

Well, that wasn't terribly bad compared to season 5 and 6A. Tons of clumsy infodumping but there were some nice character interaction moments and the plot wasn't too contrived. I hope Charlotte is really dead because if we have one more "resurrection" on this show I am going to lose it.

Alison's obsession with Charlotte was so annoying and frankly, she was behaving so irrationally that if she wanted to be reunited with her sister, locking her up at the same institution might have been a better solution. I loved it when Spencer mocked her with "pretty please is playground stuff". And I know PLL takes place in an alternate reality but damn it, the bomb plot alone would have ensured Charlotte would never get released. And why wouldn't Spencer's parents pull some strings to ensure she was kept locked up I will never know.

Ashley runs the hotel and the bar and of course, the wine glasses there are huge. Ashley and wine is the show's most consistently portrayed OTP.

Really disappointed in Marlene right now.

Made fun of the mentally ill, and finished off her trans tropes with a trans murder. Awesome.

Well, I told you they probably made A transgender for shock value only. I bet Marlene is getting an earful on twitter right now.

How perfectly pretentious are the titles of Aria's and Ezra's books? Majority of None and Ostinato - ugh.

Those two fools are perfect for each other, these book titles sure made me laugh.

I loathe Ali a lot. Like, really loathe her. She's completely selfish and she's been so gung ho with the sister who tortured and ruined lives for years. Her wanting Charlotte out on the streets, apparently right from day 1 when she was put into the institution, just makes her an awful, awful person. I don't want to feel any sympathy for her, but I have a feeling this show wants me to.

There are things that I liked. I like that Spencer, Veronica and Mona are in politics. I like that Emily and Toby are still friends (I always forget that they met first and were friends long before Spoby happened). Oddly...I liked Toby a lot more now. I know Keegan Allen isn't a great actor, but....I guess I've accepted that he won't be super awesome and have accepted him. I like that Aria flat out said 'no, I don't feel safe with A/Charlotte, just because Ali wants her out'. It's an acceptable reaction, that's for sure. I know it's been five years for them, but I don't want anyone to be buddy-buddy with Ali. Ever. Ali drags this show down so much.

Agreed, Ali is so horribly selfish "I want a family, waah". I am sure Jason wants a better family too but he wasn't deluded enough to think Charlotte is the best person ever who needs to go home ASAP. And yes, Toby was quite likable in this episode, the writers even remembered that he and Emily used to be close.

On a shallow note, I feel bad for Sasha. Why is the makeup department slathering her makeup on with a trowel? Her foundation looked so splotchy and didn't match her skin tone well. And on top of that, they put way too much eyeliner and mascara on her. She is such a pretty girl and I hate to see them do that to her.

Yes, she wears so much makeup that I wonder how her students take her seriously.

Please show, no Spencer/Caleb. Men and women can be just friends sometimes.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 2

How perfectly pretentious are the titles of Aria's and Ezra's books? Majority of None and Ostinato - ugh. 

I don't think Aria's the author of Majority of None -- I think she works for the publishers (hence Ezra saying "your bosses are mad at me b/c they gave me an advance for a second book that I'm too saaaaad to write."). She seemed to be introducing the (male) author at a signing event before she went over to stare wistfully at Ezra's book. 

But yeah, Ostinato. Writing a book called Stubborn is exactly right for a poor little rich boy who won't hear it when an underaged girl tries to break up with him, or his not-baby-mama takes away his not-baby, or any of the other thickheaded fool things Ezra's done. 

Can someone remind me what Sarah Harvey has to be so upset about? I know she was Charlotte's lackey or whatever, but why were they all so keyed up not just when she turned up at the funeral, but at the prospect that she might turn up at the hearing? 

Edited by abbottrabbit
  • Love 5

% of episodes-to-date a character appeared in as of the episode in which they died:
Ian 54.5%
Garrett 38.3%
Maya 31.9%
Wilden 26.8%
Jessica 12.6%
Lyndon 11.9%
Shana 11.5%
Charlotte 9.9%
Wayne 6.9%

Hmm, no wonder the inferior A's death feels so underwhelming.

Bring on the returns of JennA, MelissA, Noel kAhn, and LucAs now.

Edited by jjjmoss

I don't think Aria's the author of Majority of None -- I think she works for the publishers (hence Ezra saying "your bosses are mad at me b/c they gave me an advance for a second book that I'm too saaaaad to write."). She seemed to be introducing the (male) author at a signing event before she went over to stare wistfully at Ezra's book.

Agreed, it was a fake-out  (like Hanna with the baby) - she was sitting at the signing table, but only to do a camera test for the lighting or whatever. According to interviews, she's an assistant at a publishing house, which was born out in her convo w Ezra.

• Love 2

I actually like the idea of Charlotte being murdered and I like her as a character. Yes I know the idea of another queer character getting killed off will offend people but killing 'A' sets up "The woman everyone wanted dead" mystery and that is kinda one of my favorite tropes so I am cool with it.

I will miss Charlotte though and the potential for her character and the awkward scenes with the liars but honestly killing her off was a better move story wise.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

I actually like the idea of Charlotte being murdered and I like her as a character. Yes I know the idea of another queer character getting killed off will offend people but killing 'A' sets up "The woman everyone wanted dead" mystery and that is kinda one of my favorite tropes so I am cool with it.

Agreed. The problem was making her queer in the first place, which was entirely unnecessary and a highly unfortunate misstep. Killing her? Well, she's a dangerous and violent criminal who is responsible for countless injuries, deaths, and traumas. Makes sense to me.

• Love 6
So all the girls (except Em) are successful only one year out of college. Do the writers not live in the read world? College degrees guarantee nothing these days. Most recent grads are swimming in college loan dept. Spencer getting established in a chosen field is not surprising given her family and characterization and we all know Mona is crazy smart, but Hannah making it big in the fashion world and Aria a published author....yeah okay. (Insert eye roll)

I'm pretty sure Aria WORKS in a publisher which I totally can buy. Hanna making it so big and having travelled all over the world is by far the most unbelivable thing, imo. Even over Alison being a teacher already.

I wish the writers had watched "how to get away with murder" over the break and got inspired to make Hanna a lawyer/have her in law school like they obviously did with Spencer (with her it was "House of Cards"). Now HTGAWM is a show PLL could learn a thing or twenty from, especially when it comes to not only doing a great plot but balancing both a mystery and character interactions, Which is once again my number one complaint of the show, even tho I liked the episode fine but it wasn't great.

On a positive note, I loved that the writers are going the Spaleb route so much it was almost enough to make me forgive the charlotte reveal. Almost.

Mona was great. Her character can easily become two-dimentional so I'm glad it wasn't the case.

I loathe the storylines these writers keep giving Alison. This is a character that once upon a time was right there with Hanna as my favorite and I tried to be generous during 6-A because she was traumatized and wah wah wah but if she's gonna be that friend the girls love to hate and hate to love AT LEAST LET HER BE HER OLD BADASS CHARISMATIC SELF and not this pathetic girl whose power over the girls has been reduced to indulcing guilt and pity.

Can someone please, please remind to me what's the deal with Shower Harvey? What were the girls talking about? What did they do to her and why does it seem like she has some leverage on them when all I can remember is that it was revealed she was Charlotte's helper? Is that a new mystery if so it was introduced terribly.

While I enjoyed the Ezria conversation (uhg, I know), as a brazilian I had to try really hard not to roll my eyes at the "south american" tragedy they kept alluding to. It felt so dumb in about 5 different ways. Even if Ezra and Nicole's group travelled all over South America surely Ezra should mention the name of the specific country where Nicole was abducted and not the fucking continent. Do the writers even know it's a continent? Because, believe it or not, revolutionaries abducting people is not actually so common in countries of "South America" to the point one could talk about it like Ezra did. But then again, this was Ezra talking so...which brings me how dumb can people get they'd do volunteer work somewhere like Colombia? Which is where I'm pretty sure the whole thing went down. Not to say I don't totally buy Ezra Fitzgerald would be that dumb and uninformed. But everything makes it really hard for me to sympathize with him.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 6

I mean I watched adolescent girls get threatened, terrorized, blackmailed, abused, kidnapped, traumatized, and tortured in every way possible for years but now I'm supposed to shrug it off because the evil Machiavellian super-villain who did it all (and knew the difference between right and wrong, obviously, and just didn't care) got mistreated as a child and her sister feels bad for her. "Upset with me?"

YES. I was just about to say the exact same thing. I couldn't take any part of the episode seriously after watching the girls advocate for the release of someone who literally kidnapped and tortured them in an underground bunker FOR TWO MONTHS. I never watch this show for it's realistic take on highschool, relationships, fashion (ha!), etc, but this was so far beyond unrealistic that it just wasn't enjoyable. Surely the writers could have come up with something--ANYTHING else, and it would have been an improvement. 

• Love 2

Can someone please, please remind to me what's the deal with Shower Harvey? What were the girls talking about? What did they do to her and why does it seem like she has some leverage on them when all I can remember is that it was revealed she was Charlotte's helper? Is that a new mystery if so it was introduced terribly.

What the girls did to Sara Harvey is supposed to be a new mystery. A lot of people are comparing it to the Jenna thing, hence the dramatic guided entrance. Her hands seem to be covered in every scene she's in so maybe something with that.

What I just don't understand is when are they supposed to have done it. We saw Emily knock that bitch out and then they ran to the roof to stop Charlotte from jumping. The cops were surrounding them when Charlotte surrendered. When would they have had time to do something to Sara?

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 3
What the girls did to Sara Harvey is supposed to be a new mystery. A lot of people are comparing it to the Jenna thing, hence the dramatic guided entrance. Her hands seem to be covered in every scene she's in so maybe something with that.

Thanks, SadieT. Ah, man I'm so bummed out now. I can't believe we're gonna have to put up with more Sara Harvey let alone a smirking version of her. Please, Jenna was QUEEN. She was scary as hell and half the fun of her character was that the girls feared her because she had EVERY RIGHT to hate them. They could set Shower on fire that I'd be cheering out loud.

Is the actress daughter of someone famous? Is she blackmailing the producers? What the hell is going on? Why she's in my screen still??!!

• Love 8

YES. I was just about to say the exact same thing. I couldn't take any part of the episode seriously after watching the girls advocate for the release of someone who literally kidnapped and tortured them in an underground bunker FOR TWO MONTHS. I never watch this show for it's realistic take on highschool, relationships, fashion (ha!), etc, but this was so far beyond unrealistic that it just wasn't enjoyable. Surely the writers could have come up with something--ANYTHING else, and it would have been an improvement.

I really wish the Liars had told Alison "You weren't locked and tortured in the freaking bunker, so shut your trap". Also, if there is one thing they should have learned is "Lying for Ali always gets us in trouble". So why do it?

What the girls did to Sara Harvey is supposed to be a new mystery.

Is this fan speculation or something that the writers have confirmed? Because it would be a terrible new mystery - only a handful of people would give a damn of the Liars did anything to Sara. And, as you said, it makes no sense, timeline-wise.

• Love 1

A is dead.  Long live A.

The Good

Lucy Hale's acting in the scene about still fearing for her life.

Spaleb - I think once Hanna finds out that Caleb and Spencer are together, she's gonna be pissed they didn't tell her.

Turning Radley into a posh hotel/restaurant/bar - genius.  Although I'm still wondering how Ashley "runs the place"

Mona - although she was barely in the episode, she steals her scenes.  Not sure why she changed her mind about letting Charlotte go free, unless of course if she killed her.  Wouldn't put it past Mona to do that.

Emily/Toby - great scene with them - hope to see more. 

The scene where Spencer sees younger ladies who resemble the liars and gets tense when their phones all beeped at once, and then they laughed.

The Bad

Ali has become a pathetic character, but you can't help but feel sorry for her that she wanted her sister back and now she's dead.

Ezra - sorry about the dead girlfriend but not really interested in his angst.

Sara Harvey - why is she back?  Even with no lines the girl is creepy and annoying.

The WTF

All the girls are successful in their chosen careers at 23 except poor Em.  Did Aria really publish a book?  I thought she was just an assistant.

Is Ali married yet to Dr. Rollins?  I thought she had written "Mrs. Rollins" on the blackboard in the teaser from last season

And if all the girls are successful - won't they have to go back to NY/DC/Boston to resume those careers soon?  How long will be stuck in Rosewood while the police investigate Charlotte's murder?

Edited by apgold
  • Love 1

Is this fan speculation or something that the writers have confirmed? Because it would be a terrible new mystery - only a handful of people would give a damn of the Liars did anything to Sara. And, as you said, it makes no sense, timeline-wise.

Well I haven't seen anyone mention it in interviews or anything like that so I guess technically it's fan spec, but the parallels to the Jenna thing were so obvious and the girls kept repeating things about what they did to Sara, and how she was going to expose them, and how something horrible happened to her that may or may not be their fault.

But what could they have done to her that was worse than what she did? She was helping A and at the very least was gonna let Charlotte kill her family. Then again Jenna was sexually assaulting her step-brother at the time of the Jenna thing so maybe it doesn't matter how shady Sara is, but for whatever reason the girls feel responsible for why she was in the hospital for months following the reveal.

• Love 1

After years of tormenting and numerous shocking revelations it's time to end this show.

NEVER!!!!!!

My guess is that the liars are not as successful as they appear. Mona mentoned waving at Spencer who ignored her or didn't see her. Hanna and Aria look like they might be on the verge of being stuck as one hit wonders. Emily

Is stuck in the past. My guess is that the show is going to do some flashbacks to the girls over the last five years and show that they are all on the cusp of failure.

I think the most frustrating part is how they expected us to believe that any of these girls would advocate for Charlotte's release, even if they did do it for Alison. Honestly, I think I would have loved this episode a lot more if, at the release hearing, they had all the girls say 'no' to Charlotte's release, only to have her released on a technicality, a bribe, whatever. Because seriously, that judge is seriously dumb if she bought any of the 'release Charlotte' statements made by the girls. 

Because, my god, now they owe Alison NOTHING. Not that they owed her anything before, but now they're perfectly well in their rights to ditch this so-called friend, especially when this 'friend' doesn't seem to care about her friends' safety or anything. 

God, they ruined such an awesome character and turned her into a selfish, cowardly woman. 

Also, not that it matters, but they probably coated Sasha's face with makeup to make her appear older, nothing more. Since Sasha is significantly younger now than her character, it's the only way to make her look 22-23. It's stupid, but it is what it is. 

• Love 1
Also, not that it matters, but they probably coated Sasha's face with makeup to make her appear older, nothing more. Since Sasha is significantly younger now than her character, it's the only way to make her look 22-23. It's stupid, but it is what it is.

On that note, what a horrible, horrible make-up job! She looked like she's been living in Jersey Shore. From the orange fake tan (at least on my screen), to the tons of terribly applied make-up to the fake stringy hair.  None of the girls wowed me, the only one who looks like she doesn't spend 3 hours getting ready is Spencer, but Alison's new look was the only one that made me cringe. 

I'd rather she gets set apart from the girls because Alison looks younger than what has been happening right now: she just doesn't look good. And it's insane because I see pictures of Sasha every day on my dashboard and the girl is as gorgeous as she has ever been.

• Love 2

God, they ruined such an awesome character and turned her into a selfish, cowardly woman.

Alison has always been extremely selfish. But Alison of old would have tried to manipulate the girls into vouching for Charlotte's harmlessness instead of going for the old "You have to believe me" approach.

Well I haven't seen anyone mention it in interviews or anything like that so I guess technically it's fan spec, but the parallels to the Jenna thing were so obvious and the girls kept repeating things about what they did to Sara, and how she was going to expose them, and how something horrible happened to her that may or may not be their fault.

I rewatched the scene - Aria says '...they march in Sara Harvey. She gives a few choice words about what happened to her that night at Radley?". So I guess they roughed Sara up right after Emily punched her in 6.10.. Which begs the question "who cares?".

• Love 3

I think it has to be something else because why would anyone care that they punched her in the face considering she was arming a bomb to blow them up...There wasn't really any time to do anthing because they were running after Alison and Charlotte unless they all stepped on her hands on the way out and crushed them or something...

Alison's request was pretty unreasonable but I'll give her a pass because it was to jumpstart the plot. And let's not forget that she was also traumatized by everything that has happened. If anything, I blame the psychiatrists more - both Alison's and Charlotte's - because 5 years is way to soon for unsupervised release and they should have tried to temper Alison's expectations rather than feed them. Alison's abandonment issues and desperation for any sort of family is something that she should have continued working on in therapy rather than marrying the therapist.

Are the Hastings back together or is Peter just helping out Veronica because they are on good terms?

What college did Mike settle on and whatever happened to Mike/Mona?

Are Alison and Ella colleagues now and how awkward is that?

• Love 1

Spencer asked Veronica "where's Dad?"  "He's fundraising".  So I guess they're back together.  I wonder if Veronica's campaign slogan is something like "I'm incorruptible because ALL my family skeletons are already out of the closet."

I rewatched the scene - Aria says '...they march in Sara Harvey. She gives a few choice words about what happened to her that night at Radley?". So I guess they roughed Sara up right after Emily punched her in 6.10.. Which begs the question "who cares?".

She was setting a bomb, ffs.  They would have been within their rights to kill her to stop it. 

Ali said something like "Shower Harvey won't be at the hearing because of how her criminal case was resolved".  I have no clue what that means, because as far as I'm concerned she should have been locked up.  Patty Hearst served time despite being kidnapped and brainwashed.

I just got a mental image of the season ending with a classic Agatha Christie "detective gather the suspects in the parlor" scene, with Spencer as Miss Marple.

• Love 4

Also conflicted on Caleb/Spencer.

Those two actors are fantastic together. Their chemistry is great. But I always loved them as friends, with Hannah as the girlfriend. I also don't want to girls switching guys trope to come in. (Of course, I always thought Spencer/Aria/Hannah should just share Caleb. #only1goodguy)

Still, I'd absolutely love it if they both asked Hannah for permission, but didn't give a shit about Toby. 

• Love 5

Charlotte isn't the only one who loves her dolls. In a past scene when Mona was in Radley, she is found in a deserted room by the nurses, combing a doll's hair. When they lead her away she looks at the closet where Hanna ans Aria are hiding and says "I missed my dolls."And then Aria has the fascination photographing creepy dolls... I wonder if any of this will play out in the following seasons??

• Love 1

After the debacle that was the mid-season finale I wasn't sure I would continue to tune in, but when it popped up on my DVR I had to watch. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Cece is dead. Good riddance. I can sort of just pretend the whole "Charles" thing never happened. I have my fingers and toes crossed that Ezra is the killer. When he was EzrA and stalking the girls (or observing/researching for his book) Cece was supposedly on his payroll and doing some of his bidding (all while being A and preparing the dollhouse underground bunker apparently). I am going to say there is more to that relationship. Plus he needs to come up with material for a new book so why not fall back on a method that works for him - terrorizing young women and recording it. 

• Love 5

Also conflicted on Caleb/Spencer.

Those two actors are fantastic together. Their chemistry is great. But I always loved them as friends, with Hannah as the girlfriend. I also don't want to girls switching guys trope to come in. (Of course, I always thought Spencer/Aria/Hannah should just share Caleb. #only1goodguy)

Still, I'd absolutely love it if they both asked Hannah for permission, but didn't give a shit about Toby. 

One of the reasons that I can put up with a lot from this show that has made me quit a ton of other teen shows is that there was none of the usual boyfriend switching. I'm on the fence too but the more I think about it the more I'm against it. I just don't want them to go there. Out of all the endgame couples, Haleb is the most inevitable. A Spaleb thing would just make things awkward or end up getting erased like so many plotlines so what's the point.

It also seemed almost too obvious but these days I don't know anymore if that means it's a misdirect or if the show is just that unsubtle.

I'll probably change my mind a million times but for now I'm betting on Kenneth Dilaurentis as the killer.

Aria has never been my favorite Liar but I did a slow clap during her part of the hearing.

What is going on with Spencer's bangs? It's like they're were going to be side-swept bangs then become blunt bangs.

Too bad Ravenswood isn't still a thing. The ghosts of Radley could've lived there.

• Love 2

Heh maybe we will see a bunch of fireflies outside Radleythis season.

The scene where Spencer sees younger ladies who resemble the liars and gets tense when their phones all beeped at once, and then they laughed.

I was hoping it was an alert from Gossip Girl.

One of the reasons that I can put up with a lot from this show that has made me quit a ton of other teen shows is that there was none of the usual boyfriend switching. I'm on the fence too but the more I think about it the more I'm against it. I just don't want them to go there. Out of all the endgame couples, Haleb is the most inevitable. A Spaleb thing would just make things awkward or end up getting erased like so many plotlines so what's the point.

ITA - I hate the 90210 approach to shows where they have the main characters constantly swapping boyfriends. One of my favorite things about the show is the friendship berween the four girls. Personal taste aside (I mean, who else besides Aria would want to date Ezra?), I think they like and respect each other too much to date the ex of one of their best friends. I really hope it turns out that Spencer and Caleb are just close platonic friends and Hanna gets irrationally jealous, causing her to realize she should ditch the fiancé because she still loves Caleb. Cliche, I know, but preferable to the awkward rift that would result from Caleb dating Spencer.
  • Love 10
I paused the episode but I couldn't make out what was written on Emily's pill bottle. I'm guessing by her sketchy replies about the Salk Institute that she isn't actually working there.

Looking further, the pill bottles are both prescriptions.  Even the 3-pack of needles is prescription from Glyndon Pharmacy -- made out to Emily Fields and it has a California address.   Who knows -- maybe she is addicted to prescription meds this time ?

You'd think that the girls would at least have seen each other at Christmas since all of their parents still live in Rosewood. I am much older than they are and I still visit my parents for the holidays every year.

That really made no sense -- It's been five years, and none of them came back to Rosewood during Thanksgiving or Xmas or other major holidays.  Did none of them go back to Rosewood during their summers off during college.  Something doesn't compute there.

How long will be stuck in Rosewood while the police investigate Charlotte's murder?

Will they end up losing their jobs if they are forced to stay there for an extended duration ?  And wouldn't this be the umpteenth time in each of their lives that the PLLs have been accused of murder ?  Do prospective employers not do background checks anymore ?  I mean simple Google search in the PLL universe should pull up ridiculous amounts of stuff on them.

One odd WTF for me was when Dr. Rollins said that the court could compel "your friends" to testify.  How exactly ?  Was the judge going to subpeona them all ? That seemed absurd. They even made a point of saying that they wouldn't be under oath when they testify.

The biggest WTF is the timeline:

• Alison finds out from Dr. Rollins that Charlotte's hearing is in 4 days.
  • Alison pens hand-written letter, and photocopies it (since each letter was exactly the same), asking each of the PLLs them to come back to Rosewood to meet with her and give her 5 minutes that will change the world, then go t and say nice things about Charlotte to the judge
  • Alison mails all the letters
  • The USPS delivers these letters from Rosewood to the PLLs in about a day -- including all the way to California to Emily
  • The PLLs are all conveniently home to receive the letters
  • They all seem to take their time getting around to reading these letters, let alone making plans to rush back to Rosewood
  • Each of the PLLs arranges their travel plans and arranges to take time off work
  • Each of the PLLs travels back to Rosewood and arrive within hours of each other on the day before the hearing.

The weird thing is that the tone of that letter made it sound like the PLLs were already planning to come home for the court hearing -- which would mean that they knew WELL beforehand what day the hearing would happen.  None of this "hearing in 4 days" nonsense.

Did Hanna fly from New York to Philadelphia ?  Or did she land at Rosewood International airport ? Wouldn't it have been faster to drive, since it would have only been a couple of hours ?  According to the address on her envelope, Hanna is living in the docks on the West Side of Manhattan.  If she was flying home from somewhere else, how did she get the letter -- in 2 days ?

Another WTF about Emily -- when that woman pays Emily for that drink, she puts all the cash in her purse not just the amount of any tip.  Is she stealing from her employer at the bar ?

• Love 1

The quick delivery of the letters is what got to me. Seriously, it takes a week for my rent check to get from my house to my rental company, which is only 45 minutes away. No way those letters are making it in time for the hearing.

• Love 2

You'd think that the girls would at least have seen each other at Christmas since all of their parents still live in Rosewood. I am much older than they are and I still visit my parents for the holidays every year.

That really made no sense -- It's been five years, and none of them came back to Rosewood during Thanksgiving or Xmas or other major holidays. Did none of them go back to Rosewood during their summers off during college. Something doesn't compute there.

I was willing to fanwank that the girls didn't come home during the summers while they were in college for various reasons (summer school, internships, summer jobs, etc.) or that they came home but not for the entire summer (I know some people who only came home for a week or two) and they weren't all there at the same time.

I'm also willing to believe that they didn't come home for Thanksgiving because it is such a pain in the ass to travel that weekend. When I was in college, I drove home which was normally two hours away but sometimes took twice as long on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. And there were always classmates who didn't go home so they would organize group dinners (either at a restaurant or some brave 20 year olds would make turkey for the first time).

But none of them have been home for Christmas for five years? You'd think they would have at least been home for that the first year or two of college (if only because the dorms are usually closed for the holidays so they kick everyone out after finals). All I know is that my mom would guilt trip me like you wouldn't believe if I told her I wasn't coming home for Christmas.

And wouldn't they have all gone back to Rosewood for Emily's dad's funeral? I mean, I know they have funerals every week in Rosewood so it's no big deal but still. Speaking of which, the funeral frequency must have decreased drastically once Cece was sent to non-Radley.

• Love 1

Well, based on the fact that during the Christmas episode, all of the Liars and their boyfriends were chilling at Spencer's house on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, maybe it isn't a big deal to any of their families? 

• Love 1

But none of them have been home for Christmas for five years? You'd think they would have at least been home for that the first year or two of college (if only because the dorms are usually closed for the holidays so they kick everyone out after finals). All I know is that my mom would guilt trip me like you wouldn't believe if I told her I wasn't coming home for Christmas.

And wouldn't they have all gone back to Rosewood for Emily's dad's funeral? I mean, I know they have funerals every week in Rosewood so it's no big deal but still. Speaking of which, the funeral frequency must have decreased drastically once Cece was sent to non-Radley.

Did they actually say they hadn't all been back or scene each other at all? Spencer said it had been a long time since they'd all been in Rosewood at the same time, but that doesn't have to mean five years.  I got the sense that maybe they'd been back and seen each other on vacations that first year or two but then that gradually stopped, which is what happens with lots of people as they get further in college. Or maybe only two of them had been home at one time or things like that.  But maybe I'm fanwanking because I hate the idea that they didn't see each other at all.

The only thing that seems off is that Hannah hadn't seen the new Radley bar/hotel. Unless it just opened, it seems pretty hard to believe. She didn't go back to Rosewood for one day to see her mom?

• Love 4

Looking further, the pill bottles are both prescriptions.  Even the 3-pack of needles is prescription from Glyndon Pharmacy -- made out to Emily Fields and it has a California address.   Who knows -- maybe she is addicted to prescription meds this time ?

So maybe I am way off base but I thought most prescription drugs that people abused were in the pill form, pain killers and what not.  I always thought if you were injecting your high you were not getting it from a doctor, at least not in the long run.  Not to mention that fact that Emily drank and wasn't a complete train wreck so I find it hard to believe she was taking pills and shooting up at the same time (though Spencer technically did consume three drugs during the premier).  So I was thinking maybe Emily has something similar to her dad's heart problems and is taking something to stop or prevent the onset.  It would make sense why she does not want to talk about it and explain why she dropped out of college, i.e. she's depressed about the fact she might have health complication relatively early in life.  Then again the writers probably are doing the most obvious thing possible, in which case everyone else is right.

I think it has to be something else because why would anyone care that they punched her in the face considering she was arming a bomb to blow them up...There wasn't really any time to do anthing because they were running after Alison and Charlotte unless they all stepped on her hands on the way out and crushed them or something...

Even that does not make sense.  It would mean the Lairs smashed Sara's hands to get revenge for her helping Charlotte and then two minutes later begged Charlotte to not kill herself and said they forgive her.  My best guess is the line was meant to suggest that Sara could show up and talk about what a psycho Charlotte was and then nothing the Lairs could say would matter.  Either way that line (and a few others this episode) made no sense.

• Love 1

Even that does not make sense.  It would mean the Lairs smashed Sara's hands to get revenge for her helping Charlotte and then two minutes later begged Charlotte to not kill herself and said they forgive her.  My best guess is the line was meant to suggest that Sara could show up and talk about what a psycho Charlotte was and then nothing the Lairs could say would matter.  Either way that line (and a few others this episode) made no sense.

But didn't Alison say some bullshit about how the terms of Sara's deal meant should couldn't testify -- why would some judge make that part of her release conditions ?

But didn't Alison say some bullshit about how the terms of Sara's deal meant should couldn't testify -- why would some judge make that part of her release conditions ?

I'm reaching here, but maybe she signed something that said she was not of sound mind when she was working for Charlotte, which meant that she got a reduced sentence and also means any testimony she gives relating to that period is worthless because if she was so mentally disturbed she could not judge what was morally right or wrong, then she was also too mentally disturbed to give reliable testimony.   In other words, even if Sara wanted to testify that Charlotte was a terrible person, a team of doctors had already said that Sara was so mentally disturbed she could have thought Charlotte was the antichrist and Sara agreed with the doctors.  Again I'm reaching.

(edited)
Again I'm reaching.

It seems like we have to keep reaching and fanwanking because half the time the writers don't explain things and the other half of the time they are writing absolute crap that makes no sense.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 8

I'm reaching here, but maybe she signed something that said she was not of sound mind when she was working for Charlotte, which meant that she got a reduced sentence and also means any testimony she gives relating to that period is worthless because if she was so mentally disturbed she could not judge what was morally right or wrong, then she was also too mentally disturbed to give reliable testimony.   In other words, even if Sara wanted to testify that Charlotte was a terrible person, a team of doctors had already said that Sara was so mentally disturbed she could have thought Charlotte was the antichrist and Sara agreed with the doctors.  Again I'm reaching.

Hey, it's a better explanation than any of the show writers could have come up with.  :)

• Love 2

Charlotte isn't the only one who loves her dolls. In a past scene when Mona was in Radley, she is found in a deserted room by the nurses, combing a doll's hair. When they lead her away she looks at the closet where Hanna ans Aria are hiding and says "I missed my dolls."And then Aria has the fascination photographing creepy dolls... I wonder if any of this will play out in the following seasons??

And wasn't there a huge poster of a creepy doll in this episode? I think it was in Ali's room.

Why are people harping on the 4 day global postal service? I mean the night of Alisons disappearance lasted 48 hours. 4 days is practically 3 weeks in Rosewood. They had plenty of time.

Are people calling Sarah "shower" for a reason or is that autocorrect?

Why did Ezra storm into the meeting with the judge? How did he even get in? Did he testify?

I liked the episode. I even liked Spencer's bangs. I'm curious about the dynamic with her and Mona, clearly they have crossed paths since leaving Rosewood. But I'm baffled as to why any one of them would agree to say they were not scared of Charlotte. She terrorized the girls for years, she was violent and threatened their lives. She kidnapped and tortured them. I don't give two shits about her backstory, her gender, her anything - that bitch be crazy and Ali requesting that her friends ask for that release was ludicrous. I can't even fathom Why she would do it unless she was in on the plan to kill Charlotte for some reason. Which would make Allison a hell of a lot more interesting than she had been. So...one can hope?

Speaking of which, the funeral frequency must have decreased drastically once Cece was sent to non-Radley.

Well, according to mArlene, Charlotte only killed one person. She's tied with Aria and Emily.

Whatever the Plls may or not have done to Sara, the result of it - judging by her posture/stance/demeanor - is they turned her into Lady Gaga!

And if i had done that to someone, i'd be very fearful regarding the kind of payback said person would inflict.

• Love 2