Type keyword(s) to search

Season Four: Another reason to TGIF!

I laughed so hard with that TLC medical show because they got how silly it can be.

The "re-enactresses" got their share of (deserved) shade! I watch that silly show and the medical staff who play themselves are pretty bad, too.

There was sure a lot of open-mouthed shock going on when the chick from Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce started dancing and undressing onstage at the strip club. (Which I kind of had to agree with, just because it wasn't her party. Not cool to try to upstage the bride!)

Nice to see the three Resnick sisters having so much fun singing along to Grease, although our musical theater guys weren't as into it as much I would have expected. Hell, even Rashawn ended up admitting it wasn't that bad. I enjoyed him and his dad bonding over Princella's habit of shutting everything down. Such a nice family.

A lot of the couchies seemed pretty affected by the sniper scene in Chicago Fire, with Princella going so far as to plead with the TV not to shoot the kids. Afterwards one of the couchers mentioned that it was a good show, which surprised me a little. I'm going to make a point of avoiding it after this. Too stressful.

This was from last week, but I keep thinking about Emerson going into a finger-waving rant about Scott perhaps chickening out on his own wedding some day: "Oh no you won't! We listened to your plans for a year and threw you a bachelor party and wore what you wanted and showed up when you said and you are getting married! After that, I don't care."

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 5

I didn't bother to watch Grease Live, so I kind of appreciated them watching it.  That was enough for me.

The dialogue on this show moves so fast, my closed captions can't keep up - forget about me being able to.  I always save it to watch again to get what I missed, but I actually do only half the time.  My DVR's memory hasn't been above 50% in a year, so if I haven't watched it by the time the next ep airs, I delete it.  

Wait, 50%??  I'm pathetic.

• Love 2

I'd love an episode where we hear what Rashawn is really thinking. But we must always have at least one moment where his daddy laughs his great laugh.

I wonder if Princella's name came from a can of sweet potatoes? Don't laugh - one of my names sort of was inspired by the same thing.

• Love 3
I wonder if Princella's name came from a can of sweet potatoes? Don't laugh - one of my names sort of was inspired by the same thing.

Funny you should mention that... I saw a can of Princella Sweet Potatoes at Safeway last week and pretty much made a spectacle by exclaiming OMG PRINCELLA!!! So now I've imagined our beloved coucher is secretly the heiress to a vast sweet potato fortune.

• Love 4

Funny you should mention that... I saw a can of Princella Sweet Potatoes at Safeway last week and pretty much made a spectacle by exclaiming OMG PRINCELLA!!! So now I've imagined our beloved coucher is secretly the heiress to a vast sweet potato fortune.

There's a new stray cat feeding at my backyard banquet of late.  I wanted to name it Princella, because it is SO fucking gorgeous, but I've tamed it enough to see a set of hairy little balls, so that's out.  If he hangs around long enough for me to capture and free-neuter him, I may just go with Leonidas (even though I'm more of a "Kitty-Kitty" kind of namer).   :-)

• Love 6

I just wish if someone invents a time machine they can back to when the sister on the end was in grade school and make sure she learned about inside voices and outside voices.  All three scream way too loudly and way too fakely, but the one on the end actually made my back teeth hurt the other week she kept yelling so loud.

The one Persian sister needs to tone it done with the outfits for the camera.  Clearly they all probably want to look decent for the cameras and the three guys clearly 'dress' in terms of their tee shirt slogans etc.  But the dressing up like the one sister does is getting really obnoxious this season.  That one outfit was so tight she couldn't move without sliding her entire body on the couch.  And I don't think I've seem her yet this season look like anyone who sits down to watch an hour's worth of show.

It probably interferes somehow with FCC standards, but I would love to see them do them watching some commercials in the mix.  Or even do an entire show of commercials.  It is too bad CBS  had the Super Bowl, though maybe even if NBC had aired it this year they still wouldn't do a post Game wrap up of the ads from the Couch.  Maybe too close to 'biting the hand...'.

I have to wonder if there isn't some sort of quid pro quo in what shows get picked and how long they focus on them.  I remember at least twice, I'm thinking once was the Walking Dead season opener once? before Grease Live where it at least seemed to me that they spent much longer than usual on a single show.  And all three times I felt it made the entire show drag.  I look and see what all gets aired in a week so I know it can't be because they lack a variety.    Heck I'd rather they cut down some segments like the Grease Live one even if it means another BRAVO show gets pimped. 

And since MSNBC airs such weird crap in its weekend hours, I wish they would do what Gogglebox does.  For a special set of show.  I'd love to hear what these people say about the campaign and the debates.   It is always interesting, especially on the Australian show, to see the couchies watch news and televised political speeches.   I'm guessing the producers of the American Version want to walk the pretend lie of being politically neutral even though by now it is pretty clear they are not.  But I'm guessing there could be some pretty good commentary on the likes of Trump, Rubio, Cruz, Bush, Clinton and Sanders. 

For the first time the 3 couch sisters made me laugh aloud:

Right side sister: "who's Troy Donahue?"

Other sisters: "I knowww what YOUUUUUUU wanna DOOOOOOOO!"

And why was I chiming right in with them?!  I'm old.

And yes, how dare Grease Live cut out the Sandy Cigarette Stomp.  Sacrilege!

OK, walnutqueen, you are beyond awesome if you trap, neuter and free that kitty but you do know that "Leonidas" is not an option once he's snipped?  How you gon' have a ball-less Leonidas???

• Love 2

And yes, how dare Grease Live cut out the Sandy Cigarette Stomp.  Sacrilege!

OK, walnutqueen, you are beyond awesome if you trap, neuter and free that kitty but you do know that "Leonidas" is not an option once he's snipped?  How you gon' have a ball-less Leonidas???

Easy peasy.  Snip snip.  Ball-less Leonidas, as he should be.  Done!   :-D

• Love 3

For the first time the 3 couch sisters made me laugh aloud:

Right side sister: "who's Troy Donahue?"

Other sisters: "I knowww what YOUUUUUUU wanna DOOOOOOOO!"

Oh, I was too.  But we're not old as in actually remembering Troy Donahue from back in the day.  We're old from having to find out who Troy Donahue was when the movie Grease came out.  Right?
  • Love 1

There's a new stray cat feeding at my backyard banquet of late.  I wanted to name it Princella, because it is SO fucking gorgeous, but I've tamed it enough to see a set of hairy little balls, so that's out.  If he hangs around long enough for me to capture and free-neuter him, I may just go with Leonidas (even though I'm more of a "Kitty-Kitty" kind of namer).   :-)

But in honor of Princella you could name him Prince! And whenever he comes into your yard you'd get to sing:

My name is Prince

And I am FURRY

My name is Prince

The one and only

I did not come

To mess around

Til I get your kibble I won't leave this town

... or maybe you don't make a fool of yourself in front of the neighbors like I do. :)

• Love 1
And since MSNBC airs such weird crap in its weekend hours, I wish they would do what Gogglebox does.  For a special set of show.  I'd love to hear what these people say about the campaign and the debates.  

Please noooooo! This show (and a couple of other guilty pleasures) is my blessed escape from the election mess. Even though it would be great to hear what the three guys have to say about Rubio's high heel boots, and of course Teddi could tell us all about how she used sail around the Mediterrenean with Jackie O.

But I love your idea of doing a commercials edition. Julie and Brandi would knock that out of the park.

• Love 4

Both Destiney and Kenya had some serious cleavage going on at a couple of points. Dang, ladies. There's way too much leaning forward and excited squirming for low v-necks to be a good idea. Amanda was rocking her crop top with long sleeves, though.

Emerson? Enough with the manspreading already! It puts me in mind of Larry Craig and his wide stance in the bathroom stall, and that's not something I want in my damned mind.

I luv ya Brandy, but would recommend dialing the makeup down a notch. I can practically see my reflection in her shinyshiny lip gloss.

Kenya, Brandy, Ayn and Scott being all fan-my-face hot about the sex scene on Scandal was amusing, but Sue's particular enjoyment cracked me up, just because she thought the soundtrack was marching band music. Don't think that's what they were going for, Sue!

HTGAWM

Kenya, about Viola Davis: "Good lord. HD and no makeup! I love her."

It was very thoughtful of Julie and Cathy to give Annalise advice on how to take her Percocet.

I had to agree with everyone -- that was an awfully cute hallucination baby.

Lamont's explanation to Princella and Rashawn of why the baby disappeared: "SHE THAT HIGH!" Then Princella shut it all down because her "brain hairs are already singed."

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 4

"They're going to die in a dark room." - Lamont on the venom milking part of the snake hunting show. He also said something funny about snake hunting being a white man's sport or hobby.

What a couple of buffoons! Good grief. Hired the assistant off Craigslist indeed. I guess we know how to freak out the majority of couchies now -- snakes! Since I can't even look at drawings of cockroaches or tarantulas without shivering, I sympathized.

I didn't see the dog dicks! How big can they be on a chihuahua?

• Love 1

On two episodes of The People's Couch Brandy's dog has been sitting on the couch behind her with a boner. Editors, did you seriously miss that?!

Noticed it, too! 

I didn't see the dog dicks! How big can they be on a chihuahua?

Not so big, but red and swollen, lol!!! And one of the doggies was standing on the back of the couch right by Brandy's head. Only on this show....

• Love 2

I had several LOL moments this week but Rashawn with his, "i thought she had on a hoodie and that's her hair" just slayed me!

And I totally agree with Teddi (that's a first!) All the weird, jerky camera effects on Scandal are just too much. I can't with that show.

I need to go back and rewatch the Superbowl Halftime reactions.

• Love 3

Somebody woke up Rashawn. He was more active in the latest episode than the rest of the episodes combined.

I'm increasingly annoyed and therefore distracted by desperate-for-attention Persian sister. This time it was the boulder cleavage. On the other hand, at one point the dog was stretched out on his back, snoozing in her arms, tummy exposed, and that was adorable. She was upstaged by her dog.

Ayn is a treasure.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 2

Yeah I'm not sure about the whole dad resting his hand where he is. 

I swear early in the show, Destiny? had her boob blurred.  Did it fall out a little?  A nip slip?

I've noticed Rashawn is getting a bit more assertive as well as initiating more comments as opposed to responding to something his parents started.

Ryan Seacrest.  I was disappointed they did not catch the latest round of work.  Nothing like a change with the hair to try and distract from that.  Usually, Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise grow a beard for "a role" to hide the latest lift and carry with their backs.  I'm think Seacrest might have been so tweaked at this point he has no pores left on his face to grow hair.

Nothing had me rolling this week.  I don't care for Beyonce.  Don't care for her Superbowl show.  Not even a Bruno Mars fan.  He is okay but I am not as thrilled as even the average person let alone the couchies.  I don't care for How to Get Away with Murder.  I like it for the show to see the reactions, but like The Walking Dead it seems that when they view it, it seems more like a over-long commercial for the show. 

Is this 'cycle' only eight episodes as the last was?  If so we are down to two until it goes off air for a couple of months!

Though if it goes off in two weeks,that gives us the Oscars and then hopefully it will be back with just another two month absence and see it return in time for all the finales and the summer third tier crap premieres.

• Love 3

Yeah I'm not sure about the whole dad resting his hand where he is. 

Ryan Seacrest.  I was disappointed they did not catch the latest round of work.  Nothing like a change with the hair to try and distract from that.  Usually, Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise grow a beard for "a role" to hide the latest lift and carry with their backs.  I'm think Seacrest might have been so tweaked at this point he has no pores left on his face to grow hair.

Nothing had me rolling this week.  I don't care for Beyonce.  Don't care for her Superbowl show.  Not even a Bruno Mars fan.  He is okay but I am not as thrilled as even the average person let alone the couchies.  I don't care for How to Get Away with Murder.  I like it for the show to see the reactions, but like The Walking Dead it seems that when they view it, it seems more like a over-long commercial for the show. 

Dang, I could have written this Tentatively. Great minds do think a like.  As far as the dad and resting hand it doesn't even faze me.  I think a dad with three daughters is usually pretty whooped by them.  My dad has me and my sis and he adores us.  My brother has to live up to a different standard than his sisters.  I have noticed that a lot in men that have daughters.  Most girls are daddy's girls.  My dad and I can butt heads quite often but we adore each other.  My sister is the opposite and doesn't butt heads at all so they get along all the time.  Of course, I am more like my dad and LOVE a good debate. ;)

• Love 1
ETA - Ryan Seacrest looked like David hasselhoff.

YESSSSS! I actually turned to my husband and said, "Wow, Ryan's gone full David Hasselhoff this year." Is it the hair?

Any hiatus from this show is one hiatus too many, imo. Who do we have to hold hostage in order to get our regular weekly couch fix?

• Love 2

4 minutes in, and I'm here to say I HATE these new people. Can't stand them. Immediate dislike. Even though I eventually grew to like the Couchies I didn't much care for in their first seasons, I never flat out hated any of them. UNTIL NOW.

• Love 10

4 minutes in, and I'm here to say I HATE these new people. Can't stand them. Immediate dislike. Even though I eventually grew to like the Couchies I didn't much care for in their first seasons, I never flat out hated any of them. UNTIL NOW.

I don't hate them...but I can't see how they made the final cut.  

Sorry, SnarkKitty. Sometimes we all just get that instant dislike going on.

I though it was sweet when New Guy was so concerned about New Gal tearing up over Walking Dead. Although my first impression is that she seems like the type of person whose emotions come out in tears a lot of the time ...

• Love 2

Three couch sisters plus dad need to go. They are not funny. They are too aware of the cameras and it always comes off like they are trying too hard or behaving "extra" for the cameras. Besides all that, they're creepy.

I wish I could fast forward their scenes.

• Love 6

You know one of the set shots they use of a TV from a viewer's perspective? Can anybody with a larger TV than me tell what those tchotkes are? There's a hot pink orchid on the right, then something that looks like a flat oval wooden tray with a smaller tray on top of it in the middle, then some kind of small metallic figurine on the left. The other shot they use is the TV on a mantel with white roses in a small vase and I want to say a carving of the letter S on the left.

I never thought about it before, but when the apocalypse is nigh, I'm with Blake about going out in a blaze of drag queen diamonds. Why the hell not.

Guess we now know how Emerson stays so thin. "He hates everything!" Except cheese.

I like the new couple's couch, so there's that.

Never seen Joe Resnick laugh that loud or be as animated as he was during Broad City. And Princella didn't even make Rashawn cover his eyes during that naked breast scene! Blackish was also cracking up all the couchies. I watched that episode and the dad finally told the twins where their names Jack and Diane came from. They were shocked. Heh.

Dog Watch:

I don't know how Julie and Brandy's dogs aren't waddly fat by now with all the Doritos, but ladies? Once Pee Wee pees on your throw pillow? Maybe it's time to take him for a walk. Oh, and rinse out the pillow!

The new couple have an adorable dog (Nino?), although a little less so when vomiting. I did laugh at Budd having that sympathetic gagging reaction from smelling or looking at puke.

The Resnicks' Vizsla wasn't in evidence, but the pug-looking one sure enjoyed the bulldog at Westminster.

Destiney was actually hugging her dog, which may be a first.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 3

There is no way that couple was not found at a second class improv section at either UCB or the Groundlings. Definition of trying to hard. Her dumb joke about the Walking Dead extras dying to be there would hAve been obviously lame jokey funny season one on season seven it's just sad, particularly when she laughed longer than it took to tell the joke.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7

I enjoyed how much Joe was into Broad City.

It's too early for me to pass judgement on Budd and Mackenna, but I like how emotional she was getting over The Walking Dead.

I did not need to see Pee-Wee about to get romantic with a stuffed animal; thanks, The People's Couch editors.

• Love 3

I feel like I've seen the new couchie guy before. Maybe one of those house shows where they decorate or remodel a home? They pull in random people in the business in LA all the time.

During the Walking Dead segment, the dogs sensed the tension and hid. Pee Wee peeked out from behind Brandy's head.

I think one reason the Resnick family irritates me is that all four are crammed onto a couch and can barely move. They are all flailing elbows and knees and feet and big mouths crammed into a small space.

• Love 3

I think one reason the Resnick family irritates me is that all four are crammed onto a couch and can barely move. They are all flailing elbows and knees and feet and big mouths crammed into a small space.

You're right, there is a lot of unconscious body language mirroring that happens between the girls, led by Rachel and Sarah. Joe, not so much. The Egbers were also pretty squashed together on their bed. Maybe there's a psychology research paper in there. Or the team from Lie To Me could get together again and tell us which people on all reality shows are faking it!

Speaking of, I don't watch that kiddie dance show, but what is the owner's damage? She realizes she's being filmed, right? What a weirdo.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 2

Actually I think the US version tends to have them sit rather artificially so they are on one couch/unit/bed.  The UK and the Australian version pull the camera back on some and let for some more natural seating imo.

Do not like the new people at all. 

Sorry they were not able to find another larger family that still lives together.  I find that in the three different versions it makes for a more organic group and nice insight and reactions compared to the friend or adult sibling groupings.  And now on the US version we just have the Zenos, right?

I did not need to see Pee-Wee about to get romantic with a stuffed animal; thanks, The People's Couch editors.

Awww, that was my favorite part of the episode!  It reminded me of my cat Beanie Baby, who appropriated my niece's long-haired plush kitty that had a little bell in it's tail.  Bean would stand on it kneading away while holding the tail in his mouth for hours, and I laughed every damned time I heard that little bell tinkling.  I'd give anything to hear it again.  :~)

I loved how upset Papa Zeno was when he thought Carl was killed on The Walking Dead.

• Love 2

I sometimes miss what's going on with the human couchies because I'm watching the dog couchies. I especially like watching the Chihuahuas as they follow the tortilla chip (or whatever the snack is) from bag to mouth and sometimes even try to intercept it.

One of the things I love about this show is getting to see bits of shows I don't watch or have never heard of . . . until last night. Three of my favorite shows are or have been on AMC, but The Walking Dead is not one of them. I have no interest in the show, and I was seriously disturbed watching the brain munch last night. Jeez Louise.

I might have to check out Vinyl, though.

• Love 5

I sometimes miss what's going on with the human couchies because I'm watching the dog couchies. I especially like watching the Chihuahuas as they follow the tortilla chip (or whatever the snack is) from bag to mouth and sometimes even try to intercept it.

Ooh! You just gave me an idea -- if I can find a clip of Nacho snatching Julie's chip, I'll submit it as an entry for King of Disparate TV Things Mountain.

Do we think Cathy is the older sister? Their dynamic switches back and forth for me on which one is the bossiest.

On today's rewatch:

- Teddi was finally pleased about something, even if it was only her new popcorn popper.

- I side with Emerson on the Miracle Whip vs mayonnaise debate.

- I want to sample some of Amanda's ghetto stir fry.

- Ross Matthews did indeed lose weight, Princella, before gaining it all back (feel ya, brother!)

- Brandy threatening to tear Julie's face off if she ever tried to end their friendship.

- Still not sure if the building collapse in Vinyl was real or hallucination. Likewise, is that Walking Dead person really dead?

• Love 6

I found this when looking for the Pee Wee/Pringles clip -- apparently Emerson has a radio show (who knew) with Del Shores (had to look him up). Here's an episode of the show with Brandy and Julie as guests. They come on at about 15 minutes, but the first part is also worth watching to see a professional, political, and thoughtful side of Emerson.

• Love 2