Type keyword(s) to search

Season Four: Another reason to TGIF!

The Tatum Channing/Beyonce number had everyone screaming. Myself included. When that one guy went over the couch and got kicked in the face I was laughing inappropriately. :) Hope he wasn't seriously hurt. The old ladies couldn't remember Beyonce's name!

I think I am going to start watching the Jennifer Lopez/Ray Liotta show and that's entirely due to this show.

• Love 5

The Tatum Channing/Beyonce number had everyone screaming.

"These are gay injuries! Beyonce comes on and people get hurt!"

What really made me snort was everyone freaking the shit out, then the quick cut to the Golden Girls, who were, as usual, confused.

I loved the Resnick sisters drinking game whenever Chrissy had a tit bounce, but I missed seeing any reactions to the lip sync battle from Julie and Brandy. And of course Rashawn walks out when his parents mention anything the least bit sexual between them.

I am going to save this episode and rewatch the first 5 minutes whenever I'm feeling blue.

Did we lose the Egbers this season? I hope not.

I share Emerson's love of wine tasting as a sport.

Julia and Brandy should totally come here and join the Dateline chat topic for "How Not To Get Caught Dead With Dirty Underwear." Chop up those body parts, ladies!

Reaction shot of the night: Brandy asking Julie if she's feeling the new Bachelor.

Getting to know your couchers: Princella and Rashawn like chicken shawarma.

Poor Ayn, shouted down again by her fuddy companions. The gay couchers would have agreed with her that the male form is pretty awesome when naked.

Quotable quotes:

"If he picks both twins, I'm gonna punch him in the dick."

"They going to send Lace home for being an alkie."

"No, that's why people get to stay!"

"[J-Lo] has to start off with this much acting right off the bat?!"

"I think vodka likes [American Idol]."

"Dear Jason Mraz: I blame you for the ukulele problem in America."

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 9

Happy to see the show back so soon.

As always, my favorite part is watching the various dogs crawling around the couchies and desperately trying to get some of the snacks. I think my second favorite thing is watching Rashawn roll his eyes or (in the most recent episode) get up and leave the room in response to his parents' remarks.

I also like watching snippets of shows that I would otherwise never see.

I do wish the show would back off the Housewives-type shows, though. Yeah, I know that'll never happen. This is Bravo, after all. But, as someone who actually watched a season or two back in the day, I honestly cannot stand these shows. I can't even enjoy the snark about them. I guess you could say those shows, for me, have jumped the snark.

• Love 5

HOORAY! It's back! Oh, how I've missed the couchers! Except Teddi. Her cheerleaders "sluts" comment speaks volumes. :/

Princella is still my favorite. But what happened to the family that sits in bed?

I would like to see a special episode where we can get to know all the dogs. Their names, favorite snacks, bad habits, which ones are nose lickers, social lives, which ones pee in the house, most expensive things they've destroyed when the humans weren't looking...

• Love 5

Keith Urban's bangs discussion!

And I love how condescending Teddie is in one scene while telling her daughter's business yet again in another.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 2

Upon my third rewatch, I noticed the only scene that's ever gotten a horrified ReactionGasp out of Teddi is when the principal in American Crime said the kid might not be allowed to return to school: OMG! Suspended?l!!

It was sweet how Lamont slapped his forehead in empathetic parental anxiety when the kid said he'd had a couple of beers, then of course Princella turns to Rashawn to mama-talk him about "You know you can come to us with your stuff, right?" Rashawn continues pretend drinking and ignores her.

I love the Zenos so much!

What worries me about the Egbers is that they're no longer included on Bravo's TPC site.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 5

I just caught the rerun of the season 4 premier and I'm so happy it's back. The only thing is, I don't want the couchies watching stuff like American Crime. It's too dark, and there isn't really much for them to do except be horrified. I don't watch most dramas myself, so I hope they won't keep watching this show.

I would have been happy with just the first five minutes with Channing Tatum vs. Jenna Dewan Tatum. I hadn't yet seen that myself, and I enjoyed watching along with the couchies.  "Who is that?"  "I can't think of her name." "J-Lo?"

• Love 2

It was sweet how Lamont slapped his forehead in empathetic parental anxiety when the kid said he'd had a couple of beers, then of course Princella turns to Rashawn to mama-talk him about "You know you can come to us with your stuff, right?" Rashawn continues pretend drinking and ignores her.

I laughed so hard at that. What an entertaining family, and Princella kicks ass. I'll be sad to see the Egbers go, but hopefully their boys are happily busy with their lives at college.

I don't often catch commercials, but I just saw a promo for this show that was the potato chip scene with Julie and PeeWee.  Priceless!

I'm glad they're promoting this show. This needs to be the top rated show on all of television, even if it involves the devil himself aka  Andy Cohen.

I just caught the rerun of the season 4 premier and I'm so happy it's back. The only thing is, I don't want the couchies watching stuff like American Crime. It's too dark, and there isn't really much for them to do except be horrified. I don't watch most dramas myself, so I hope they won't keep watching this show.

Yeah, it's more fun when they're laughing and horrified at the same time, like during Ash vs Evil Dead or the live exorcism that I still can't believe was a real thing on television.

• Love 4

The Egbers would not be my first choice to let go, so I hope they'll be back.

Well, sorry to be the one to break the news, but....

I just looked on Facebook and found "The Egber Family" and they had posted this in response to someone saying they were looking forward to the start of the new season:  "We have gone a different direction and we are not involved with the show any more. Too many conflicts. Thanks for your support"

https://www.facebook.com/TheEgberFamily/?fref=nf

They also apparently have a website, but it doesn't say anything (looks like it maybe hasn't been updated recently).  http://www.egberfamily.com/

• Love 5

Pfft. Sounds like "different direction" is code for "we wanted more money." Maybe being featured on the Nice Jewish Boys calendar went to their heads.

If the show adds more cast members, I'd like another family because the parent vs child snorts and eye rolls are always fun. We've never had a married couple with no kids.

• Love 1

The lip sync battle was my favorite moment and I am pretty sure I died and came back to life and then died again and then came back to life again over the "gay injuries" sustained when Beyonce came out.

But. I have to lodge a formal complaint because Jenna Dewan was 1000x better than Channing Tatum. Channing didn't win Lip Sync Battle--BEYONCE DID. #nofair

• Love 6

The lip sync battle was my favorite moment and I am pretty sure I died and came back to life and then died again and then came back to life again over the "gay injuries" sustained when Beyonce came out.

But. I have to lodge a formal complaint because Jenna Dewan was 1000x better than Channing Tatum. Channing didn't win Lip Sync Battle--BEYONCE DID. #nofair

I was sad they didn't show the part where Paula Abdul came out.  I would have loved to hear their reactions to that because I thought she looked amazing.

Sucks about the Egbers.  I really liked them and their dynamic.

• Love 1

I liked the snark on Real Housewives.  I liked Scott saying "I just choked on that shade" and Emerson saying "Bethenny is closest to my truth."

The gay threesome is golden really.  Scott talking about how his superhuman power is being judgemental and Emerson saying he's got him beat.

I too will miss the Bed Family and their neck pillows.

• Love 7

Yeah, Bethenny has been hashtagging "zerofucks" a lot. I'm not sure if it came from the couch, or if the couchies adopted it. 

Also, I follow the Egber's on twitter and Mama Egber DM'd me some spam about a weight loss pill. I'm hoping they got hacked and this isn't their new direction. 

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 1

I sent the Lip Sync Battle clip to four friends and all of them replied that they loved it but that they had never heard of the show. Which damned well isn't true because I've personally talked it up to them before, but gah. Bravo needs to freaking promote this thing! Also make the episodes available on demand, online, and on Hulu and Netflix. How is it supposed to gain viewers when its own network seems determined to keep it a secret?

• Love 7

I sent the Lip Sync Battle clip to four friends and all of them replied that they loved it but that they had never heard of the show. Which damned well isn't true because I've personally talked it up to them before, but gah. Bravo needs to freaking promote this thing! Also make the episodes available on demand, online, and on Hulu and Netflix. How is it supposed to gain viewers when its own network seems determined to keep it a secret?

I just learned about this show a few weeks ago. A friend randomly mentioned it and was shocked that I haven't been watching it.  I tried to find it on demand and online and was sad to not find it. I managed to catch a few reruns from last season that Bravo had on but that's it - and even that was a disappointment because my DVR said it taped 5 different episodes but was really just three...one was on there three times under different names.  Sigh.  But even just with that and now the first episode of Season 4, I'm totally into this show.  It's freaking awesome - why is Bravo hiding this gem?  I want to watch all the reruns.

I absolutely adore Scott, Blake, & Emerson.  And Princella. And the best friends with the chihuahuas. And the old ladies, especially the middle one.  I blame Bravo...where has this show been all my life?   

• Love 6

Sorry I don't have a linky-poo, but the showrunner tweeted that they (the show) loved the Egbers, but the Egbers have "decided to sit this season out". Which sounds like they're leaving the door open. Meanwhile the show is casting for couples, if anyone here wants to throw their hat in the ring and be the face of PTV. Pretty please?

• Love 5

I too hope they add another family with teens.  It's an important dynamic.  We've got enough pairs of women, and the two trios are good. A pair of guys and other family would round things out.  Maybe a teen sister and brother. Or a grandma or grandpa and grandkid.  (Teens only, though -- I like the show raunchy and would suspect parents who would put their young kids on it)

I will say, though -- the Egbers will be hard to replace.  They genuinely LIKED each other as well as loved each other, yet still managed to bring the laughs, all while maintaining the premise that this was normal dialogue in their house, as opposed to a "performance".  

I mostly don't see the point of the daughters and Dad, but every once in a while he will say something and crack me up.  

Edited by kassa
  • Love 3

Dear casting agents: Any new couchies Must Have Dogs!

I wouldn't be in favor of celebrities per se, but if anyone has seen the show How To Be A Grownup, I really like the interactions between married commentators Tom Segura and Christina Pazsitzky -- they're snarky but don't take themselves too seriously.

I remember someone here posting that she and her boyfriend sing along to The Big Bang Theory theme song and act out the lyrics, which is the sort of dynamic that's required. I'm okay with Joe Resnick almost never saying anything because he serves mostly as a contrast to his daughters, but if the producers are going with a straight male, the guy needs to be naturally expressive when watching something other than sports!

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 3

Dear casting agents: Any new couchies Must Have Dogs!

YESSSS!  Except Princella wants a cat, which could be just as entertaining if it was anything like my Babalu, who stands and purrs while I spank a drum solo on his body for the entire opening theme music on Game of Thrones.  :-)

ETA - for those of you who don't watch GoT, it is a VERY long intro, and most cats don't take kindly to being spanked.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 7

YESSSS!  Except Princella wants a cat, which could be just as entertaining if it was anything like my Babalu, who stands and purrs while I spank a drum solo on his body for the entire opening theme music on Game of Thrones.  :-)

ETA - for those of you who don't watch GoT, it is a VERY long intro, and most cats don't take kindly to being spanked.

Awww, he puts up with that because he loves you. :)

I hope Princella gets the kind of cat that enjoys knocking snacks off coffee tables and asking to go out, come back in, go out, come back in, go out, come back in, go out... While her son pulls the blanket over his head and keeps drinking, and her husband reminds her SHE'S the one who asked for a cat. Actually, I would tune in to a show all about their cat ruining their t.v. time.

• Love 2
kassa, on 19 Jan 2016 - 6:28 PM, said:kassa, on 19 Jan 2016 - 6:28 PM, said:kassa, on 19 Jan 2016 - 6:28 PM, said:

I did know that about cats, I don't watch GOT, and now I'm singing Babalooooooooo!

Try singing it to the melody of Barbara Ann by the Beach Boys :

BaBaBaBaBabalu ...

glowlights, on 20 Jan 2016 - 10:49 AM, said:glowlights, on 20 Jan 2016 - 10:49 AM, said:glowlights, on 20 Jan 2016 - 10:49 AM, said:

Awww, he puts up with that because he loves you. :)

I hope Princella gets the kind of cat that enjoys knocking snacks off coffee tables and asking to go out, come back in, go out, come back in, go out, come back in, go out... While her son pulls the blanket over his head and keeps drinking, and her husband reminds her SHE'S the one who asked for a cat. Actually, I would tune in to a show all about their cat ruining their t.v. time.

No, he really loves being petted and smacked pretty darned hard (my hands hurt WAY before he's had his fill).  Weird cats just seem to single me out (likes attract!).  *

But I love the idea of a very demanding cat  wreaking havoc on the snack table when he decides to fritz out, sitting on the remote and butt-changing channels, and demanding LOVE, NOW!!!  My dearly departed Beanie Baby would've insisted on only Cheetos he could lick the orange off before my every bite (and lick my fingers clean afterwards) - potato chips need not apply.

* of course, he loves me a little too much, too, but the spanking is HIS thing, not mine!  :-)

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 4

"Oh, Show...

How I love you so ...

You're the best ...

Better than the rest ...

Yay! "

It's back!! I'm late getting here but not in watching. I lack my quotable quotes, 'tis true. I'll do better tomorrow.

Now then. Show, you are kicking ass right out the gate.

"These are gay injuries! Beyonce comes on and people get hurt!"

What really made me snort was everyone freaking the shit out, then the quick cut to the Golden Girls, who were, as usual, confused.

Quotable quotes:

"They going to send Lace home for being an alkie."
"No, that's why people get to stay!"

"[J-Lo] has to start off with this much acting right off the bat?!"

Loved these. My favorite reactions was the Golden Girls on the end being horrified, and in the middle Ayn is just grooving to "Pony" during the Lip Synch Battle, and Papa Zeno's double take while eating chips and seeing Tatum come in dressed as Beyonce on a horse. Hilarious.

I know, what's up with that?? That Beyonce clip was soo good I had to save it and make my daughter watch. (I do that with this show sometimes, especially with Shonda clips since she loves Scandal and HTGAWM.) What's up, Bravo? Want to keep it juuuust small enough that it makes financial sense to keep it, but not big enough to make more Bravo stars who want more money? Damn you.

• Love 2

Downside to re-watching the Lip Sync Battle clip so many times: I've now had the chorus from that Beyonce song stuck on a loop in my head for a week.

Who run the world? Girls Girls

etc.

Edited by lordonia

I might be the last person to not have a way to record shows, so while it airs at 11pm, I see that there will also be an 8am re-run. That I can manage. 

Just in case this is helpful for anyone else.

Who runs the world? Julie and Brandi

Who runs the world? Nacho, Pee Wee and that other chihuahua

Who runs the world? Scott, Blake and Emerson...

• Love 2

I'm so glad this show is back and now on Fridays.  It fills a bit of the void left by The Soup, namely I can become conversationally aware of shows I'm not going to watch while enjoying snark.  I just hope this season is longer.  They always seem to go by so quickly.

• Love 2

Well, one of the reasons I like this show is to get a flavor for the programs I am not watching.

Bravo did itself no favors on Potomac. I won't even start it after that clip. Woman was an arrogant, pretentious twit and clearly she will be the Nene of the program. I left Atlanta because of the shrieking. I will not even start this one, because of that character.

Thanks, PC, for saving me a bunch of time.

• Love 4
Bravo did itself no favors on Potomac. I won't even start it after that clip. Woman was an arrogant, pretentious twit and clearly she will be the Nene of the program.

Wouldn't the head of the table be the place of honor, anyway?

Dad Resnick:  No!  Don't Rewind! Gaaaaaahhhhh!

when they rewound to get a better look at Damien Lewis' stunt double's penis.

I'm never going to watch any of those Housewives shows - they are all shrieking and made up drama. 

• Love 1

Wouldn't the head of the table be the place of honor, anyway?

I don't care where the place of honor was. If that was how she treated people and was chronically so ungracious and, dare I say, bitchy, she was darned lucky ANYone showed up for that cow's birthing. She clearly hadn't progressed past Kindergarten in the manners department.

Love the dogs.  I want to see a 'big' dog.  One that takes up real couch and lap space. 

Sorry to see bed family gone.  It was a good dynamic.

Putting this show on Friday nights may be the kiss of death.  Who watches Bravo on Friday nights?  I hope it won't be.  I love this show. 

• Love 3

Oh, People's Couch, how I've missed you!  Aren't many shows on tv that make me laugh, but you have me roaring just every single week.  This and Top Chef are the only shows on Bravo that I watch.  I ditched the Housewives shows years ago because I disliked all the fake drama.

• Love 2

I just learned about this show a few weeks ago. A friend randomly mentioned it and was shocked that I haven't been watching it.  I tried to find it on demand and online and was sad to not find it. I managed to catch a few reruns from last season that Bravo had on but that's it - and even that was a disappointment because my DVR said it taped 5 different episodes but was really just three...one was on there three times under different names.  Sigh.  But even just with that and now the first episode of Season 4, I'm totally into this show.  It's freaking awesome - why is Bravo hiding this gem?  I want to watch all the reruns.

I absolutely adore Scott, Blake, & Emerson.  And Princella. And the best friends with the chihuahuas. And the old ladies, especially the middle one.  I blame Bravo...where has this show been all my life?

You can find old episodes on YouTube.

Emerson said "I'd do a lot of bad things for that house" or something along those lines. So would I, honey.

• Love 2

Putting this show on Friday nights may be the kiss of death.  Who watches Bravo on Friday nights? 

[Awkwardly raising hand....]   Um, I do now.  (Although I still DVR it, so that I can FF through commercials.)  My days of "it's Friday night, therefore I must have plans" are long behind me.

Are Teddi, Ayn and Sue actually friends in real life?  Teddi acts like she can barely tolerate sharing a couch with the other two.  Meanwhile, Ayn is a pip!  Sue seems to be the one that's confused the most about what they're watching.

• Love 4
Are Teddi, Ayn and Sue actually friends in real life? Teddi acts like she can barely tolerate sharing a couch with the other two. Meanwhile, Ayn is a pip! Sue seems to be the one that's confused the most about what they're watching.

It seems like they could be neighbors or play in a bridge club together, but you're right that they don't come off as long time friends. They don't seem to know much about each other and at times Sue and Teddi only exist as a counterpoint to Ayn and her reactions. Teddi can be amusing to see how far she has the stick up her butt from week to week, or how annoyed she is about crumbs on her couch. Maybe they were put together for the show after a casting call or something.

• Love 4

Sorry to see bed family gone.  It was a good dynamic.

Me too I loved them, Dad was a hoot. They were much better than the other family of the sisters with their dad on a couch. I don't want anyone dropped from the show -- but IF a weak link needs to be dropped it's them. The heavy set family with two sons in bed was MUCH funnier than the dad and sisters on a sofa. THEY were the weakest link.

Edited by selhars
  • Love 1

Somebody here said the older ladies all live at the same retirement community for artists or some such thing.

Continue to love the Zeno happy family vibe. Hubby's indignation that Princella compares her body to excess skin lady, son's glee that mom is impressed with his doing an accent...

Potomac lady can stuff her airs til she takes care of that thing on her face.

• Love 3