Type keyword(s) to search

Endeavour: In The Media

zxy556575

40 minutes ago, jjj said:

Thanks for this!  Are there spoilers in the article about who returns?  I have been avoiding an article above on page one about who will return and not.  I can wait two more weeks to read these, in case they are plot points!  

You might have to wait two weeks, because as soon as you click on it, there's a photo from the set with cast member(s). So it could be considered a bit spoilery. It's not long, so I'll edit out the sentence that mentions specific names:

FILM crews drew in the crowds as they rolled in to the centre of Oxford once again for the filming of Endeavour.

Fans crowded the bustling ITV set as bright lights and cameras focused on Oxford's iconic Bridge of Sighs.

The cast were also filming at Keble College yesterday and are expected to conclude at the college today according to one of the film crew.

They said Oxford is always a great place to film the show with the local authority and city colleges happy to help.

The latest scenes will be part of series six of Endeavour, with four episodes set in 1969.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Popples said:

You might have to wait two weeks, because as soon as you click on it, there's a photo from the set with cast member(s). So it could be considered a bit spoilery. It's not long, so I'll edit out the sentence that mentions specific names:

I appreciate this!  And will wait two more weeks!  I am so glad they went with six episodes this time; and glad for another season to come!  

When I first saw the headline in the previous page about the next season, I originally thought it said "all new cast", like "The Crown".  I quickly realized that was not the case!  Looking forward to both articles in a couple of weeks.  

• Love 1

This isn't a spoiler, since Shaun is the title character, but I've wanted to post a photo for over a week, and I can't hold back any longer.

Morse has... a mustache!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Popples said:

This isn't a spoiler, since Shaun is the title character, but I've wanted to post a photo for over a week, and I can't hold back any longer.

Morse has... a mustache!

Noooo!!! Although didn't Joan's douchy married boyfriend have a 'stache? Hmm.

Ooooh! A mustache, sideburns and a form fitting body shirt.  I'm just old enough to think he looks groovy.  Which is way too old to be lusting after anyone Shaun Evan's age, but that's the miracle of TV for you.

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:01 PM, Popples said:

Yes, that is a lot of information (but no plots!) for the next series.  One article linked above said there will be four episodes in the next series.  I will spoiler-tag one of the returning characters that I think will make readers of this site happy: 

Spoiler

Bright will be back! So he did not resign after all.  And Thursday, as we already knew.

Edited by jjj
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, magdalene said:

So happy about your tagged info, jjj, thank you!

Not a fan of the mustache.

I think the official term for that is 'stache -- ? Hard to believe there are only 15 or 17 years between groovy Morse and the Morse we originally met in the 1980s. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, jjj said:

I think the official term for that is 'stache.

It's quite lush and exuberant! I would've been all over it in the 70s.  :-)

• Love 2

An intermediate version of groovy Morse and Inspector Morse of the 80/90s is John Thaw as DI Regan in The Sweeney (1975-1978 TV Series).  He wears leather jackets, flared pants, larger sideburns and is ~35 but looks ~45.  His character has the detective skills and facial expressions of Morse, but with some of Thursday's intimidating thuggish skills such as punching bad guys in the gut and face.