Type keyword(s) to search

Endeavour: In The Media

zxy556575

Does anyone know when season 3 will begin airing in the States? I can't find anywhere that has them for paid viewing, either.

I haven't been able to find that out. I'm continuing to look and will update ASAP when I find out.

• Love 1

I (finally!) asked Mammoth Screen on twitter last night when we would see the new season in the States. Hopefully we'll get an answer soon.  Today is also the first day of the PBS portion of the TCA press tour so that might be another source of news.  

If Grantchester is returning in the spring, hopefully its around then (of course, there is also another season of Lewis we need to see). 

Edited by M. Darcy
  • Love 1

We have a bit of news.  We are getting the new season of Endeavour!   But still no news exactly when. 

Roger Catlin (who is tweeting from the TCA) tweeted that "Poldark, Indian Summers and Endeavour are all returning to Masterpiece but first one more three episode Wallender season May 8th." 

At least we know we will see it eventually.

• Love 1

(Somewhat spoilery if you haven't seen Series 3)

According to twitter, Endeavour has been commissioned for a fourth series and they begin filming in the late spring/early summer.

Hell to the yes!

I was so excited that I only just realized that clicking the link would be somewhat spoilery. Sorry.

Edited by Popples
(edited)
17 minutes ago, lordonia said:

An article in The Guardian about the various literary and media references in the series, with comments by creator Russell Lewis.

Warning! that there is a section in the article about the final episode -- I managed to stop just as that section was starting!  Otherwise, a great article that reinforces the points made by watchers in each episode.

Edited by jjj
(edited)

Thanks for that link.

Spoiler

At least we know we still have Thursday :)

.       Interesting about the "still waiting for the results of his sergeant's exam" -- I thought Thursday said in the final episode that he had passed it and could move onto new pastures ??

Edited by DHDancer
tagged possible spoiler
(edited)
2 hours ago, DHDancer said:

Interesting about the "still waiting for the results of his sergeant's exam" -- I thought Thursday said in the final episode that he had passed it and could move onto new pastures ??

No, I think it was earlier in the episode that someone said that -- Endeavour and Thursday did not have much of a conversation after the hostage situation ended.  (P.S. -- some people might want your first sentence behind spoiler tags?  I wouldn't mind, but some do not like any advance information.)

Edited by jjj

no, you're more likely to find it on Amazon or Acorn (subscription available through Amazon, iirc) 

As far as I know Endeavor has never been available on Netflix ... there seems to be a lot of competition so things have gotten less predictably available on Hulu or Netflix since Acorn and Amazon seem to demand some exclusivity.  If you're a PBS member, it may be available through their "passport" members'only streaming 

my bad -- just checked -- 3 seasons available on disks from netflix 

don't know if this link will work but it's here https://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Masterpiece-Mystery-Endeavour-Season-3/80120596

Edited by SusanSunflower

It's been a month since it finished on PBS, so the free episodes have expired.  However, if you are a contributor to PBS at a certain level (and I don't know the specifics), the shows are apparently available online.  Check the pbs.org website.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 3:15 PM, Popples said:

The trailer won't play in the US, so here's a tweet from the official Endeavour account. I don't know if we're allowed to embed them again. It'll probably be on next summer on PBS.

Thanks for the link to the tweet (embedding makes such problems on my screen!) -- appreciate seeing all the responses to the tweet, also!  Here is an article about the first episode for the next season; no spoilers, although it does list some new guest actors (without character names):  http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2016/12/itv-sets-premiere-date-endeavour-season-4/   The pattern each year has been that the Endeavour series airs early in the year in Britain, then in the summer on PBS, so this all sounds like the usual schedule. 

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 4:46 AM, ApathyMonger said:

The video title says December, they mean January. Didn't expect it back so soon.

Edited by jjj

Hippity hip hooray!

I'm so glad Shaun, Roger, and the others are willing to do it. There are episodes I like more than others but overall, the series has never disappointed me. I've watched each season 3-4 times already and always find new facets to enjoy.

• Love 1

There is no Inspector Morse forum, so I'll note here that the original series does not seem to be available anymore on any of the streaming sites -- it had been on Netflix for quite a while, then went onto Amazon after that; but as of February 6, the episodes of Inspector Morse are no longer available via Amazon streaming video.  I also checked Acorn TV, but not there, either. (Not on Hulu.)  I assume this show will turn up someplace, and hope someone will post the location when it is available for streaming again.  (I am not talking about the pirated YouTube segments that are on the web, but the full episodes that had been on Netflix.) 

(edited)

Six 90-minute episodes! I'm tickled as a viewer but hope the cast isn't headed for burnout -- actors sometimes not wanting to play the same character over and over, etc.

I continue to love the period setting; the article says the series will be set in 1968 with a backdrop of the political turmoil of the time. Very fun.

Edited by Lord Donia
On 2/18/2017 at 3:12 PM, jjj said:

There is no Inspector Morse forum, so I'll note here that the original series does not seem to be available anymore on any of the streaming sites -- it had been on Netflix for quite a while, then went onto Amazon after that; but as of February 6, the episodes of Inspector Morse are no longer available via Amazon streaming video.  I also checked Acorn TV, but not there, either. (Not on Hulu.)  I assume this show will turn up someplace, and hope someone will post the location when it is available for streaming again.  (I am not talking about the pirated YouTube segments that are on the web, but the full episodes that had been on Netflix.) 

It's on BritBox, the new streaming service that's a joint effort between BBC, ITV and a few others: https://www.britbox.com/

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, txvoodoo said:

It's on BritBox, the new streaming service that's a joint effort between BBC, ITV and a few others: https://www.britbox.com/

Thanks!  I keep getting popups for BritBox, had not noticed that Morse was on there.  I see Endeavour is getting rerun on my local PBS station, in preparation for the August release of Season 4 in the USA.  This article has a few details about this fourth series, but nothing major (timeline since the end of the previous series, and a few professional details).  There is also a trailer:   https://blogs.weta.org/tellyvisions/2017/04/26/endeavour-season-4-will-air-masterpiece-august

• Love 2

I see there are already threads for Season Four, which begins on August 20 -- I came here to warn about articles about the series:  some of the articles in the British press are talking about the end of the fourth episode, so I quickly looked away -- do not want spoilers!  But if you are looking for information about this fourth series, you might stumble across some spoilers. 

• Love 1

This is a personal mystery/detective fiction blog that has nice Endeavour recaps and commentary, for those who enjoy that sort of thing.

Beware spoilers for upcoming eps if you start clicking around!

• Love 1

Season 5 is already filming, but has no air date yet in the U.K. or U.S.A.  Some pictures of filming show characters returning, so those might be mild spoilers, but reveal no plot points.  The good news is that there will be *six* episodes in Season 5!  Reports say ITV tends to film one episode per month, and started in April.  So, there might be a later air date in the U.K. than in past years, because of the lengthier filming time. 

• Love 2

I neither run nor leap, but YAY!

I love this show all out of proportion for a fairly straightforward detective procedural. I just find the clever young Endeavour to be terrifically appealing (as well as heart breaking).  I adore his friendship with Thursday and think Dr. DeBryn is the best in a long line of snarky TV pathologists.

If things go my way, the show has put all the drama and pining after Joan behind us. I wouldn't mind if Endeavour developed more of a friendship with Trewlove, even with some repercussions.

Longer, different trailer for Series 5. I didn't think I could get more excited, but this has me way hyped.

Episode titles:

1. Muse
2. Cartouche
3. Passenger
4. Colours
5. Quartet
6. Icarus

• Love 2

I think this qualifies as a "media" topic:

There's been some discussion about actors who've appeared in Morse and went on to be cast as a completely different character in either  Lewis or EndeavourI recently stumbled across this rather exhaustive collection of those actors.  (and perhaps exhausting-for some)

It's got stills of them from each show they were in. There are a lot of them (more than 15 minutes worth!) so you might want to bookmark the page and take it a bit at a time - I know I did - but lasted longer than I expected due to the music utilized.

I like that these shows like to keep actors "in the family" so to speak.

• Love 2

I stumbled upon it last year, and am amazed at the person who took the time to put it together. Part of me wants to believe that Denis Cornford is Thursday's nephew or something.

Spoiler

It could have worked if he had a sister, but now we know he only had two brothers.

• Love 1