Type keyword(s) to search

100 Secret Plots and Alliances: The Spoiler Topic

MostlyC
Message added by Bort

This is the spoiler topic. Spoiler tags are redundant here, please don’t use them. 

3 minutes ago, shireenbamfatheon said:

Thanks for the updates, CooperTV. These pics made me realize that for all my complaints, I have missed the show and am excited to see the characters again. 

You're welcome!

With the season 5 premiere being so far away, I'm just glad Jason is providing us with some new pics of our favorite characters.

According to a fan's account from the recent convention posted at Reddit, the book Jason Rothenberg gave Bob Morley for season 6 inspiration was The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russel. All I know about this novel is that it features a male Catholic Priest going

Spoiler

to an alien planet to proselytize and ending up in sex slavery there.

I hope it's not that, and they'll just go to an alien planet.

[...] when the show returns there is a focus on Clarke and how she handles the change of plans that end with her all alone on Earth.

Eliza Taylor is a powerhouse in Eden, her acting in this episode alone managed to make me cry and then the actual writing did me in completely. 

The strength that Clarke Griffin continues to showcase will never stop reminding me that she is a true hero. 

Clarke does manage to find the light at the end of a tunnel that finds itself getting darker and darker as she tries to survive. As we all know, Madi is introduced, and this helps them both as they wait for people to come down from space.

The 100 Season 5 Preview: Welcome Back, Nothing is How You Left It

The 100 returns for its fifth season like a bullet out of a gun; a lean, mean vehicle of propulsive action and rich character drama that shreds through the status quo. Rolling off the shocking Season 4 cliffhanger, which fast-forwarded the story six years down the line, we find ourselves in a new world.

Clarke (Eliza Taylor) survived Praimfaya, leaving her to Omega Man her way around the remains of the second apocalypse until she meets Madi (Lola Flanery), the mysterious young night blood she’s taken under her wing. The game has changed. With just the two of them in all the world (at least from what we know), living in the only green valley on Earth, Madi is her family now and Clarke’s old family seems lost, though she hasn’t given up hope. With a year passed since it was safe for life on earth, Octavia and Co. remain in the bunker and Bellamy and Co. remain on the arc, leaving Clarke to wonder why.

The first two episodes of Season 5 catch us up on the why, the when and and the how, filling us in on all the need-to-know details about what happened in the bunker and on the Arc, and aquatinting us with new, unexpected rivalries and alliances in the aftermath. Six years is a long time, after all. Be it in the sky or underground, the Blake siblings have assumed their roles as leaders, and as always, their methods are at odds. Bellamy has become level-headed on the Arc, where the small group of survivors more or less work in harmony to stay alive, trading duties and instituting small rules to keep morale up. Meanwhile, Octavia remains ever the true warrior, forging Wonkru in blood and leading her people to survival blade-first.

What is clear in all of these scenarios — on the ground with Clarke, in the air with Bellamy and in the bunker with Octavia — is that The 100 has found its way back to the spark of inspiration by getting back to the roots of the kind of story the series has always told best: one about the foibles of humanity and the inherent cycles of violence that come with it. And it has does so through a narrative device that has always made it one of the best pieces of genre fiction on television: reinvention.

‘The 100′ Season 5 Review: This Might Be the Best Season Yet

The Time Jump and Timeline

Season 5 picks up literally seconds after the Season 4 finale. But before it can get to that point, there are a few key flashbacks that show Clarke’s survival after Praimfaya and how she and Madi (Lola Flanery) first met and the discovery of Eden — the last habitable place on Earth. There is also a quick peek at how SpaceKru is faring in their space odyssey. There is also a flashback into BunkerKru’s initial days and the tribulations they encountered as Wonkru struggled to find common ground — and it sheds light on how Octavia (Marie Avgeropoulos) exerted ruthless control over the unruly masses forced to live together in the bunker.

Outside of the flashbacks, the events in episodes 501 through 504 take place within just a few hours. The time lapse between Clarke spotting the prison transport and the events that happen in episodes 501 through 504 transpire very quickly. It should be noted that Season 5 has been described as “one long movie” — and if the timeline is any indication — everything that occurs, between episode 501 and episode 513, happens within hours.

THE 100 Season 5 Preview: What’s Next For SpaceKru, WonKru and the Nightblood Survivors

Potential (or maybe fake, IDK) spoilers for season 5:

Spoiler

bellamy will rescue clarke after discovering by madi that she's alive and in danger

@100radiation are Abby/Kane still together? -- yes but not for long

the fight of Bellamy and Octavia? Their relationship going to get better or will it get worse? -- first option

there's a lot of angyst bellarke this season because trey're realizing their feelings for each other

ok i just find out what is the "emotional scene" of 5x12 and i cant stop crying be ready guys

im sure that madi and bellamy relationship will be exactly what you guys want

everyone is asking about the couples in the s5, here's what i know: - bellarke are reunited in 5x03 and they will finally have something this season - raven fall in love with zeke, a character from eligus - im not 100% sure but maybe octavia has something with niylah

On 13/4/2018 at 6:56 PM, CooperTV said:

Potential (or maybe fake, IDK) spoilers for season 5:

Hide contents

bellamy will rescue clarke after discovering by madi that she's alive and in danger

@100radiation are Abby/Kane still together? -- yes but not for long

the fight of Bellamy and Octavia? Their relationship going to get better or will it get worse? -- first option

there's a lot of angyst bellarke this season because trey're realizing their feelings for each other

ok i just find out what is the "emotional scene" of 5x12 and i cant stop crying be ready guys

im sure that madi and bellamy relationship will be exactly what you guys want

everyone is asking about the couples in the s5, here's what i know: - bellarke are reunited in 5x03 and they will finally have something this season - raven fall in love with zeke, a character from eligus - im not 100% sure but maybe octavia has something with niylah

Sounds very fake considering these spoilers fall neatly in line with what I've seen Bellarke fans want from the new season.

I've been staying away from spoilers but I really hope that the promos and trailers aren't a red herring and that the show doesn't sidestep from making Octavia the major villain of the season. If they really want to go back to the "anything can happen" concept they had going for them earlier on, then this is a storyline they should go through with. 

8 hours ago, shireenbamfatheon said:

I've been staying away from spoilers but I really hope that the promos and trailers aren't a red herring and that the show doesn't sidestep from making Octavia the major villain of the season.

I don't think Jason Rothenberg would made Octavia, who is his undisputed favorite, into a major villain. She's just going to look badass while killing all those people in the bunker, and everyone's gonna love her even more.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, CooperTV said:

I don't think Jason Rothenberg would made Octavia, who is his undisputed favorite, into a major villain. She's just going to look badass while killing all those people in the bunker, and everyone's gonna love her even more.

This is what I'm afraid of. Octavia's parts were already cringe-worthy last season; I really can't take another season's worth of focus on her, this time with her as a leader without her being toppled. I still can't believe Rothenberg thought it made sense for Octavia to become The Leader of Everyone when she's becoming more unhinged for every season. Octavia of all people. God. 

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, shireenbamfatheon said:

I still can't believe Rothenberg thought it made sense for Octavia to become The Leader of Everyone when she's becoming more unhinged for every season. Octavia of all people. God. 

They conveniently made this season's tagline "No heros, just survivors", so noone would question Octavia's psycho murdering ways. She just had to kill all those people and be the most amazing queen of all amazing queens out there, you know? She's a survivor.

MmEz_f-maxage-0.gif

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CooperTV said:

They conveniently made this season's tagline "No heros, just survivors", so noone would question Octavia's psycho murdering ways. She just had to kill all those people and be the most amazing queen of all amazing queens out there, you know? She's a survivor.

MmEz_f-maxage-0.gif

Yeah, I guess that it's too much to hope that the juxtaposition in the promo is hinting at an all-out Octavia vs. Bellamy war. I was so excited for this season, and I still am to some degree, but Morley saying that Octavia will be the main character of the season has significantly lowered my expectations. She'd officially taken over for Clarke when it comes to the "can do no wrong" character in the eyes of the writers last season. 

• Love 2
On 4/17/2018 at 8:24 AM, CooperTV said:

MmEz_f-maxage-0.gif

Yeah....because, when everyone else has committed murder, at least there's some side eye for what they're choosing to do, even if it does get handwaved later on (I guess the show's excuse for that is that they live in a post-apocalyptic world or something). But when Octavia does it, she's a hero? Despite the fact that she is very biased when it comes to leading people. She'll pick and choose who she wants to live, and she'll do it with no remorse.

• Love 1
On 4/17/2018 at 4:19 AM, shireenbamfatheon said:

This is what I'm afraid of. Octavia's parts were already cringe-worthy last season; I really can't take another season's worth of focus on her, this time with her as a leader without her being toppled. I still can't believe Rothenberg thought it made sense for Octavia to become The Leader of Everyone when she's becoming more unhinged for every season. Octavia of all people. God. 

Were there any other choices in the bunker? Octavia is more of a Grounder now than an Arker.

Anyway, I don't think Octavia is a villain, she is still growing and getting stronger, & now that the grounders do not have nighblood commander.

1 hour ago, piequinn35 said:

Were there any other choices in the bunker? Octavia is more of a Grounder now than an Arker.

Anyway, I don't think Octavia is a villain, she is still growing and getting stronger, & now that the grounders do not have nighblood commander.

I'm struggling to see how this is any different than when they did have a nightblood commander. Too early to tell, but this depiction looks less like a combining of two cultures and more a continuation of grounder culture in an enclosed space. Wasn't the show trying to say something different last season?

• Love 2

HU502b_0224b.jpg

Where the season 5 opener was in many ways thematically connected to the season 4 finale “Praimfaya,” the second episode feels like a companion piece to last year’s “The Chosen.” Rewatching this episode ahead of “Red Queen” is advised.

While Octavia is obviously a major player in the episode, “Red Queen” is not only about her. In fact, the episode nicely balances several different interconnecting character arcs, and sets up more than one season-long storyline.

You are about to watch an immensely powerful hour of television. While “Eden” was a fantastic start to the season, dare I say that “Red Queen” will take your breath away even more — and not for the reasons you might think.

Here are five teasers for “Red Queen” for you to chew on until Tuesday…

1. In this episode, Octavia makes a powerful new enemy that not even she can defeat. (But that doesn’t mean she won’t try.)
  2. This is a very big episode for Kane and Abby, for several very different reasons.
  3. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” -Albus Dumbledore
  4. When you think about it, this is all Niylah’s fault.
  5. So… who’s hungry?

Previewing ‘The 100’ 5×02 ‘Red Queen’: What happens in the bunker…

Give me Bellamy scoop for The 100! — Shawna
Here’s a tiny tease to whet your appetite: Bellamy will finally make a move, but in doing so, he’ll cause a divide in the group.

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Westworld, The Flash, The Blacklist, and more

Like he's going to the ground with Echo, Emori, Monty and Harper and Raven and Murphy are staing on the Eligius (because it was shown in the promo)? Wow, there are some serious spoilers there, EW.

In fact, while The 100 doesn’t do character-centric episodes, I daresay we might consider “Sleeping Giants” to be for Bellamy what “Eden” and “Red Queen” were for Clarke and Octavia, respectively.

Fans of Bellamy and Bob Morley definitely don’t want to miss this episode, which in many ways feels like a celebration of his character.

While “Sleeping Giants” is certainly a big, suspenseful action-piece, it is the quiet moments that will leave you breathless.

“Sleeping Giants” delivers some incredible moments (some subtle, some definitely not subtle) that reaffirms the depth and beauty of some of these character connections we all love so much.

Scanlan makes some really smart and unexpected visual and auditory choices to underscore the weight, emotion, danger and — if you can believe it — humor that this episode contains.

It is also just a treasure trove of information, which really feels like the tip of so many icebergs. You really can’t look away for a second without missing something important.

Previewing ‘The 100’ 5×03 ‘Sleeping Giants’: Let the games begin

Odd that the episode summaries are spoiling so much.

Sounds like the next episode gets Murphy and Raven out of space (or perhaps the bunker dug out) without naming names.

Episode 5 summary flat out says that by 5, bunker is dug out and Clarke and Bellamy are reunited with Octavia.