Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

I loved that Alexis acted like Mutt was somehow hideous without the beard, when in reality his cheekbones and jaw were like....oh my! But I too found the beard very hot. I hope there is more Mutt in the future.

• Love 4
On 2/25/2016 at 9:19 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

My mom is the same way. No matter how much notice I give her, she can never just leave the house at whatever time is specified (even if I let HER choose the time). And she does the same thing David does. "I AM ready! I just have to do x, y, and z!" 

Leave it to Schitt’$ Creek to teach me a life lesson. Being the one in the family who says “I’m ready, I just have to...” - really thought I was ready! Turning over a new leaf thanks to television!

The Blouse Barn boss is Robin Duke whom I remember from SCTV and SNL- but I cannot remember if I adored her or loathed her. So strange to only remember it was one or the other. She’s perfect in this role.

• Love 5

I can't read the whole thread yet because I've only just finished with episode six but this one was my favorite yet. The 'discussion' with David and his dad about write offs was brilliant. They both just killed that scene. I loved Moira getting something done at the council meeting and she looked fabulous. I love her outfits.

Of course I must talk about Mutt. Hot damn that is one purty man. He looks like a cross between Andrew McCarthy and Misha Collins. I'm glad they showed so many lingering close-ups of his face in that diner scene.

• Love 4

On 11/12/2018 at 11:02 AM, BeckyThatcher said:

The Blouse Barn boss is Robin Duke whom I remember from SCTV and SNL- but I cannot remember if I adored her or loathed her. So strange to only remember it was one or the other. She’s perfect in this role.

Robin Duke is amazing in the Blouse Barn role.  LOVE her!

• Love 2
On 3/24/2016 at 1:27 PM, iMonrey said:

Aired in the US now! OMG, Moira's audition was hilarious. So was her singing in bed at the end. She doesn't know the words to any of the songs. And I can't believe the Jazzagirls were doing an a Capella version of "It's raining men!" LOL. 

Hey Canadian viewers - are they allowed to say the F-Word on TV in Canada? I can never figure out why they use that word so much in the dialogue if it's just going to be bleeped out but maybe it's not up there?

Moira's facial expressions & reactions are so hilarious! I love her!! 😂🤣

• Love 2

Just finished binge-watching Season 2.

Adore the Blouse Barn lady and loved how David (and Alexis the Lawyer) won her the big check. Loved how David handled the step-daughter getting her period all over his high thread count sheets. Loved Johnny sticking up for Roland and Jocelyn when their old friends dumped all over them and the town. Loved Moira winning over the town ladies - and then learning that "winning" the election meant that she had to work with Roland on a daily basis. Loved Ray the realtor trying to lease the apartment to Alexis. 

Love David period. 

• Love 10
On 1/13/2020 at 10:59 PM, LisaM said:

Loved how David handled the step-daughter getting her period all over his high thread count sheets.

Please help me.  I remember the step daughter going into the bathroom, and David trying to be cool about the sheets, but that's all I remember!  Did she ever come back out?  Did the boss come to get her?  Did I fall asleep??

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lasu said:

Please help me.  I remember the step daughter going into the bathroom, and David trying to be cool about the sheets, but that's all I remember!  Did she ever come back out?  Did the boss come to get her?  Did I fall asleep??

I think that was it. I just binged the season recently. David being surprisingly cool about his bloody sheets was the end of that plot. At least I think it was. That's the conclusion I remember, anyway. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, topanga said:

I think that was it. I just binged the season recently. David being surprisingly cool about his bloody sheets was the end of that plot. At least I think it was. That's the conclusion I remember, anyway. 

OK, thank you!!  I've been binging, and sometimes I stop in the middle of an episode, so I honestly thought I missed something.  I'm halfway through season three now, but as far as I know, apparently that girl is still in the bathroom!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I started a new binge on NYE and am almost through Season 2. This is probably by 6th or 7th (or more, since first discovering it after Season 4) binge. I know it's the third since the pandemic started (after the series ended, I did full binge #1 and then to celebrate the Emmy sweep, I did binge #2). I am still finding new funny lines that make me laugh. The humor in this show has so many nuances, I just love it.

• Love 1
On 1/2/2017 at 7:00 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Amish David:

The episode the family came to retrieve David from the Amish farm is one of my absolute most favorite tv scenes of all time. It was sooo hysterical.

Edited by Jextella
  • LOL 1

The Blouse Barn scenes were among my favorites of this season, so I'm a little bummed that chapter is closed.

I assume Moira and the Jazzagals will be a continuing thing, though, and that's another storyline I love; I like the interaction between her and all the other women.

Same with Moira on the town council; she needed something to do, so I'm glad she now has two ongoing things.

I hate beards, so I enjoyed clean-shaven Mutt, but I laughed really hard at just-awakened Alexis freaking out, thinking he was a stranger there to rob her, because he really did look different.  Her working for Ted will be interesting.

The final family scene in the season finale was probably a bit much, but I went with it.  And I totally bought Johnny telling off their former friends.

I should probably pace myself more, but I have trouble sleeping and it's so easy to say "just one more episode".

• Love 3
On 4/16/2016 at 3:15 AM, Locutus said:

I wonder the same. Is everything in the town "free" for them. I don't know how owning a town would work. Wouldn't they have responsibilities as well?

Seriously. I’m always wondering “How do these people (The Roses) even afford to eat if they were broke!?” It doesn’t take me out of the show, I guess it’s the “Gilligan’s Island” aspect of the show.

I absolutely love the dynamic between David and his new boss! It's bizarre, yet somehow I find it believable.

The shop owner is Robin Duke, another regular on SCTV from 1980 to 1981. She joined the cast of Saturday Night Live in 1981 when Catherine O'Hara suddenly dropped out of that show.

While I am dropping familial relations/SCTV alum, Michael Short is a writer and producer for Schitt's Creek, previously SCTV Network and older brother of Martin Short…