Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

Love this show, so glad it's back.  Every time the word "bag" was mentioned I cracked up.  Everything they wore was wonderful--I particularly liked the over-the-top stylings for the visit to Amish country.

Never realised "Twyla" is played by Eugene's daughter/Dan's sister but found out yesterday looking her up.  What a talented family!

• Love 7

Ha, I loved that when Moira told her husband that the women in her family keep a stash of money in that purse in case they have to leave their husbands, she told him he didn't have to worry about her leaving him but that Alexis would definitely need the emergency money. One thing I enjoy about them is that the realize what monsters their children are, unlike some parents who refuse to believe that their kids are anything but perfect angels.

Loved that the Amish people couldn't want to be rid of David. They probably used him as a cautionary tale for generations to come.

• Love 13

Moira's audition! I could barely look at the screen but I kept laughing out loud at the same time. Amazing. I love this show. I rewatched the first season before season 2 started and it was even better on rewatch.

• Love 2

At least Moira had enough self-awareness to realize that the soloist in the group was much better and she tried to back out of her audition. Now we know that she isn't completely delusional!

I kind of wish David had built that chest himself just so I could see how terribly it turned out. His tape idea wasn't the worst in the world. It showed that he was trying to make do! Or that he was a moron for not asking Stevie for a tape measure.

• Love 5

I loved the opening when Moira had no idea that Alexis hadn't been there for a week and a half and was having conversations about hosiery and menopause with David.

David is becoming my favorite.

• Love 9

I love that Ted was holding a bunny when she went to tell him.

I'm glad they didn't drag out her telling him too long.

I also wondered about Ted and Twila.

I'm finding Stevie's relationship with David kind of getting on my nerves.

Edited by cleo
  • Love 2

I don't know. Johnny had a good point. They have been sleeping on a motel mattress where countless people have had sex, so how much worse could it be to sleep on a mattress that's been fucked on only once?

I was surprised that David was able to pick out anything at the Blouse Barn. I thought he would have insisted Roland drive to an actual city with a mall.

• Love 3

Maybe cause they don't know these previous occupants but they know Roland and Jocelyn? That's why I wouldn't want to.

But I think everyone has different perspectives on this and I can see Johnny's point.

I thought that David would find an outfit like he wears for Jocelyn.

I wasn't very interested in the bagel shop plot but David working at the Blouse Barn has some potential for future episodes. He is going to loathe selling those ugly/skanky clothes. But I have to give him credit for trying to spin some of the things in the interview in a positive light ("I see nothing but potential here" - ha!).

So Moira is now in the Jazzagirls? I thought after her "audition," she wouldn't have been offered a spot. But it's nice to see that she is at least socializing with some of the women in town.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5

I love that Johnny has become an employee of Bob's garage, even though he doesn't realize it quite yet. So funny when he sold the guy's car when it was in the shop for a brake job.

David working at the Blouse Barn is going to be cringy great.

• Love 1

I know I am supposed to feel bad for Alexis but there was no way that their relationship was going to last anyway, so I'm kind of glad that they didn't drag it out any longer (although now I know they are going to drag out Alexis being sad that they broke up). But it was sweet to see her ask for a hug and then to see her brother give her a good hug. When she asked if he bought new bedding, it reminded me of the episode of Friends where Rachel needs a hug at the end of the episode and then she tells Joey that his eyebrows look weird (because he got them waxed).

I can't blame Alexis for being alarmed when Mutt woke her up because I didn't recognize him without his beard either!

Hee, David has only been working at the Blouse Barn for one episode and I already love it. I'm surprised that the owner has given him so much freedom to change things. The write off conversation reminded me of Seinfeld, but in a good way.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

Ha, I loved that when Moira told her husband that the women in her family keep a stash of money in that purse in case they have to leave their husbands, she told him he didn't have to worry about her leaving him but that Alexis would definitely need the emergency money. One thing I enjoy about them is that the realize what monsters their children are, unlike some parents who refuse to believe that their kids are anything but perfect angels.

Loved that the Amish people couldn't want to be rid of David. They probably used him as a cautionary tale for generations to come.

Funny episode!  About the bag though...the value was the amount it can be sold for, not because it was stuffed with cash.

• Love 2

I loved David bragging that he was good at pool only to have Stevie immediately guess that it was a reverse hustle.

Even though Alexis is still annoying, at least she is making an effort to take other people's advice to be a grown up post-breakup. And hey, she cleaned up her clothes! I am also glad that Twyla repeatedly declined her invitation to hang out and told her why.

• Love 3

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry about the raw milk storyline because sadly, it's illegal and people are persecuted for it even now. Some people try to get around it by forming a co-op which allows anyone who becomes a member/co-owner to purchase raw milk but even those have been hit with lawsuits and shut down. There are only a few dairies in the state of California that are allowed to sell raw milk and they are very strictly regulated and inspected every week. It's crazy to think that our grandparents used to be able to get raw milk straight from the cow and drink it a few minutes later but now we have to pasteurize everything.

Anyway, I find myself relating to Stevie more this season. Last week I loved when she said that she would rather be alone than having fake conversations with people she doesn't like (luckily there are people I like who I enjoy having non-fake conversations with, but I understand her attitude). This week it was her annoyance with David wanting a ride to work but not being ready when she picked him up. My mom is the same way. No matter how much notice I give her, she can never just leave the house at whatever time is specified (even if I let HER choose the time). And she does the same thing David does. "I AM ready! I just have to do x, y, and z!" which then takes another ten minutes.

I really hope Alexis and Ted don't get back together. I'm fine with her regretting her decision to dump him for Mutt, but Ted needs to stay away from her. Heh, maybe he'll start dating Twyla!

• Love 2

Ha, between her stories about checkpoints inJohannesburg when she was 14, being taken hostage by Somali pirates on David Geffen's yacht, having a Tour de France boyfriend, negotiating in Arabic, getting into Tokyo clubs that require locks of human hair, and being kissed for the first time by Jared Leto, I definitely want to read her ghostwritten memoirs.

• Love 14

I really hope Alexis and Ted don't get back together. I'm fine with her regretting her decision to dump him for Mutt, but Ted needs to stay away from her. Heh, maybe he'll start dating Twyla!

Ted and Twyla!!!!! I ship it.

I thought for sure Johnny would have come up with a business venture by now. 

I grew up on a farm and we had milk cows.  So I have had raw milk.  But I did enjoy the mixup of what a pint of milk was.

David really does love his black and white colours.  I was surprised that there was actually blue in the one top.  

The sparkly culottes made me laugh and laugh.  Strange breakfast clothing.

I alway laugh when the dad hears more and more what his daughter has done when he was not paying attention.

• Love 3

I'm surprised that David's boss offered to rent a car for him. You'd think she would be fine with the free rides he was getting from Stevie.

Will Alexis defy my expectations and somehow manage to be an excellent receptionist? I have a hard time picturing her not angering all of Ted's patients' owners, let alone figuring out how to use spreadsheets.

• Love 3

Love this show so much.  This episode seemed to have more Moira than usual and less Johnny, with the unintentional side effect of leaving me talking with Moira-like cadences for about an hour afterward--she's very catching!

The actor playing Mutt is (in my eyes) the best looking person on tv right now, period.  The beard was helpful as it disguised that a bit, but once it came off that was it for me, he's insanely distracting.  It's a good thing they weren't having conversations as I would have missed them entirely.

• Love 6

The car scene between Johnny and David was fun, especially the part where David said that Johnny's request wasn't the worst parent/son interaction he had today.

Maybe Alexis has some hidden depths and skills and will be great at her new job? :) But I doubt that.

• Love 1

Moira's advice to Stevie to take lots of nude pictures while you're young and make sure they're available on the internet was the perfect conclusion to Moira’s twisted thought process. After all, how will kids prove how hot their mom was back in the day if they aren’t able to find those nude photos online? Think of the children!

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I was convinced that girl was going to loot all of the fancy beauty products that Alexis had in the bathroom. David was surprisingly sweet and supportive throughout the whole ordeal.

Although Alexis doesn't appear to be great at filing, she is going to be good with the pet owners, which is less surprising since she is a people person. I was cracking up at the way she was spraying cleaner onto the counter later.

• Love 7