Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Back to School

• Start Topic

And if they were lost and did grow back in they may have not been as thick or long as before.  Or she may have lost some but not all.

Personally I thought her make up was great and she looked wonderful.

• Love 5

It's funny because last season I swore Bill and Jen would never play the cancer card, yet we're two episodes in and they've mentioned it several times in each.

As far as the eyelashes, I'm chalking it up to the transformation all reality stars go through as their shows progress. Everyone gets thinner, tanner, blonder, whiter teeth, better skin etc. It's the nature of having more disposable income and wanting to be presentable on tv.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7

I don’t see that Jen and Bill are “playing the cancer card” or the back-surgery card either for that matter, as in trying to get sympathy for themselves. I see it as quite the contrary; they’ve finally emerged from the nightmare of their recent medical issues and want to emphasize how grateful and happy they are to be enjoying good health with the strength and ability to thoroughly enjoy their children and their family life together. This is a really good moment in time for them and I think they want their viewers to share that and understand why these days are so precious to them.

• Love 13

Where I come down on eyelash gate.

When I am certain that someone is maintaining a certain that I find atrocious or ugly or just unstylish because they really like how they look, then I am ok with saying the woman on Long Island Medium has a hideous hairstyle.

When I have a doubt in my mind that there's a possibility the look is due to illness - fake eyelashes on someone who I know has had cancer, a not so great wig, that hideous scarf over a bald head that is a look I hate even on sick people - I let it go because I don't want to mock someone who might be in the sick/recovering category.

"I have to admit that when they came up with the pet boutique idea I thought it was a vanity project or tv plotline. I'm happy to see it's a real business that's taken off. "

I'm glad they're successful with it but the concept makes me roll my eyes!

• Love 2

Every cynical bone in my body flew out the window with this episode! I thoroughly enjoyed them hanging around the house together, grocery shopping and having girl time. Houston in the summer is unbearable, so I get you, Jen! I would be in that pool pretty much all day every day in the summer if I lived there.

Jen made it pretty clear that the mani pedi was a special treat for Zoey, she wanted to make starting school a big deal for her. It's not like they do it all the time. I can't believe they are being critisized about their spending habits. These people have been through hell and back all of their lives. They could not conceive their own biological children. They feel lucky and honored to have Zoey and Will. They want to enjoy every, single moment of being parents. They have alot of DOUGH from years of hard work (and the show) so let them spend as they see fit. It's none of our business!

To the heat, why did Jen have on long sleeves when they went bike riding and the first day of school had on what looked like a light weight sweater. This boggles my mind because in past episodes they don't dress for the same weather. WhenZoey was going to ballet, Bill had on a wool coat, Jean had on a sweater, Will had on a lightweight raincoat, and Zoey had on her short sleeved unitard with no socks.

Edited by eributterfly
I wouldn't say he is taking the blame, it was his idea. He obviously lost the back to school haircut round with Jen, Zoey got the bob, but he took the second or third round and she got the pixie. I know a ton of husbands who have very strong feelings on their wife's hair, but I guess I never thought about dad's really having strong feelings on daughters hair beyond saying they look cute or something. 

I remember in past seasons Jens hair looked horrible, she clearly didn't have the skill to curl her hair or as Grayson said she couldn't reach to the back of her head to do a curl under or flip up. So maybe it's just easier for her. I loved Zoey's hair long with the bows and barrettes but to each his or her own. Maybe Jens mom what doing Zoey's hair since Jen was rarely home and now she is.

I loved this episode as well, I love seeing them have fun and being carefree and Jen not trying to make very thing look perfect. Will is clearly well behaved and Zoey maybe the handful but she's 4 and I seem to remember Will was handful also at that age. On the pixegate, If you go to Jens Instagram or Twitter you will see several pics of Zoey's short haircut during Halloween and then an even shorter haircut after that. Initially it looked similar to Jens but later it didn't look soft and cute but more edgy.

It's funny because last season I swore Bill and Jen would never play the cancer card, yet we're two episodes in and they've mentioned it several times in each.

As far as the eyelashes, I'm chalking it up to the transformation all reality stars go through as their shows progress. Everyone gets thinner, tanner, blonder, whiter teeth, better skin etc. It's the nature of having more disposable income and wanting to be presentable on tv.

What would be the purpose of playing the cancer card. Usually reality TV folks only beg for sympathy when they are in some kind of trouble with the public (or LE). There's no indication that either is true for Jen. And, in general, she's going for anything but our pity. She's no Yolanda Foster (RHBH), quite the opposite. Edited by mbutterfly
  • Love 7

I just hope that Jen grows Zoey's hair because the pixie, in my opinion, does not flatter the child's face.  I don't even think that cut is flattering on Jen.  The bangs are cut way too short as she has a very high forehead.  Something softer and covering her ears would be more flattering.  This is just my opinion, but I find it very strange that Bill would want Zoey's hair cut so short.  The majority of men like long hair on women and girls.

• Love 2

Bill is taking the blame for Zoey's pixie according to his tweet Jan 12.   

"My little girls hair was my doing! I've received a couple of notes on the topic... There you have it folks #blamedaddy #littlecouple" 

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn

I just hope that Jen grows Zoey's hair because the pixie, in my opinion, does not flatter the child's face.

I think the chin length bob with the bangs was adorable on Zoe. She has big, gorgeous eyes and the fringe accentuated them. Unfortunately there's going to be a long, awkward growing out phase to get her hair back where it was, but thankfully she's only four. She probably doesn't care either way at this stage.

• Love 4

Cancer is mentioned again and again, if we are to forget it then let us please.  It was horrible and it is over.  I feel like it is their get out of jail free card.

The false eyelashes/no glasses and makeup are the before and after journey of female reality stars now!  

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 2

I like Jen's hair and I think she'd look ridiculous in long hair.  I'm sure being a doctor and living such a busy life, a short cut is just easier for her.

As for her lashes, I agree with the poster who said it's probably due to the cancer.

• Love 7

When I am certain that someone is maintaining a certain that I find atrocious or ugly or just unstylish because they really like how they look, then I am ok with saying the woman on Long Island Medium has a hideous hairstyle.

When I have a doubt in my mind that there's a possibility the look is due to illness - fake eyelashes on someone who I know has had cancer, a not so great wig, that hideous scarf over a bald head that is a look I hate even on sick people - I let it go because I don't want to mock someone who might be in the sick/recovering category.

"I have to admit that when they came up with the pet boutique idea I thought it was a vanity project or tv plotline. I'm happy to see it's a real business that's taken off. "

I remember thinking when we first learned about the pet shop, that it was probably just supposed to be something to keep Judy Arnold busy in Houston before she'd be needed for Grandmother Daycare - and to justify the move to Houston by Dave and herself. As it is I don't think Judy is involved at all with the pet shop anymore.

That Long Island Medium hairstyle is the absolute worst, isn't it? Teresa is really cute overall and could look SO much nicer - but that 80s peroxided football helmet is just awful. 

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 1

That Long Island Medium hairstyle is the absolute worst, isn't it? Teresa is really cute overall and could look SO much nicer - but that 80s peroxided football helmet is just awful.

Not to get too off topic but oh god, really. And you're right, Teresa has cute features and would look lovely in a tyle that wasn't so big hair retro.

• Love 2

I remember thinking when we first learned about the pet shop, that it was probably just supposed to be something to keep Judy Arnold busy in Houston before she'd be needed for Grandmother Daycare - and to justify the move to Houston by Dave and herself. As it is I don't think Judy is involved at all with the pet shop anymore.

That Long Island Medium hairstyle is the absolute worst, isn't it? Teresa is really cute overall and could look SO much nicer - but that 80s peroxided football helmet is just awful.

Responding to the bolded. Bill has mentioned in previously aired episodes (maybe last season, if not earlier, & in the few that have already aired this season) that Judy's retired from managing Rocky & Maggie's. I know he's mentioned it; I've heard it. I just can't remember which episode(s) Bill's said it in.

Edited by BW Manilowe
  • Love 4

I think Judy is probably a lot like Jen where they both need something constructive to do or else they go batty. Now that the kids are here, Judy shifted from the pet store to helping out with Will and Zoe.

I agree with the above comments about the pet store. Quite frankly, I thought they opened it to give Bill something to do and underscore the fact that Jen is the breadwinner for the family. If they're franchising, that means it's doing well, which is great for them.

• Love 3

I think Judy is probably a lot like Jen where they both need something constructive to do or else they go batty. Now that the kids are here, Judy shifted from the pet store to helping out with Will and Zoe.

I agree with the above comments about the pet store. Quite frankly, I thought they opened it to give Bill something to do and underscore the fact that Jen is the breadwinner for the family. If they're franchising, that means it's doing well, which is great for them.

I imagine Bill is eager to franchise now while they're still on TV and have the exposure. I can't imagine that there'd be the same amount of interest once they end the show, especially with the number of larger pet store chains that already exist - PetSmart, Petco etc. But he could do well even with a relatively-small number of franchises sold, according to retail business-people friends of mine. Apparently, no matter what you're selling, that's where the money is - franchising. My guess is that Bill will be on to his next 'concept' once he's done what he can with Rocky & Maggie's. He strikes me as the kind of person who always has ideas waiting in the wings etc. Either that or he might just want to ease into being Stay-at-Home-Bill. Between Jen's MD gig, R&M's, TLC and whatever Bill cleared when he sold his former business [whatever that was], there must be plenty enough to make that do-able. I could see them hoping to stay on TV long enough to score the beach house, then calling it a day.

• Love 2

I know they can afford this stuff and they like it. I know Jen has had a hard life and works hard and can spend her money how she please. I  understand that they have plenty of money and can spend it to make themselves happy. It just makes me laugh when every episode we see another dumb thing that Jen bought that is really silly for the kids. It's wasteful that this stuff was even invented and this couple has ALL of it. It makes me shake my head! In fact now I even look for the dopey thing she spent money on that thousands of years of child raising people have done without. Like she had special hats made with names on it that you wear only when baking cookies. This stuff has a limited use yet Jen loves it, God bless her! I love that she is lining the pockets of the entrepreneurs who come up with these ideas! . And when you keep buying it, it winds up in the bottom of the toybox with 50 million other things you just "had to have"! I bet we see a big "The Klien -Arnold Garage sale"  or "the Kleins donate a dumpster full of material things to charity"episode soon when they realize their house is over-run with useless crap.  Every nonsensical unnecessary thing out there marketed for kids the Klein Arnolds own.   To each his own -but I get a real kick out of seeing what dumb extravagant item Jen has bought this week.

Some people spend tons of money on alcohol--which they then ingest, and there's nothing left but the hangover. I don't know why people get bent out of shape over what they do with their money--it's THEIRS. They worked hard for it.  They and those darling children can do what they like and I'll still love them--the only "reality" show I will watch.

The Jenner /Kartrashians spend oodles on new bodies and faces... constantly reinventing themselves. Ick. 

As far as Jenn and Bill go--they are wealthy, and if they buy whatever they want for their children--more power to them. They worked hard for it, they have suffered so many health issues, and will continue to--if shopping makes Jenn happy--sister--I'd be right there with you, too. Except I can't afford it. But I don't envy them for their success, or excess. 

Edited by whoknowswho
  • Love 11

Ok ... I don't usually interrupt the flow ... but I gotta say ... this is brilliant ... I am so stealing it ... 

Some people spend tons of money on alcohol--which they then ingest, and there's nothing left but the hangover. 

• Love 4

Between Texas Children's Hospital, Rocky and Maggie's, and the show, they are quite wealthy. I wish that they would have left it at the first two. The first two sources of income don't require the childrens' involvement. It seems greedy and gluttonous to me, to make your children work when you have two lucrative sources of income already. People with a lot less income than Jen and Bill would never even consider exploiting their children for money.

I respect, but completely disagree with your opinion that Will & Zoey are being exploited... for money or anything else (& I also think that, if they were truly being exploited in the negative way you always seem to feel they are, the Houston/Texas Department of Children's/Family Services--or whatever it's called locally--likely would've become involved with the family by now... And they apparently haven't, so they must not think the kids are being harmed by being on TV).

Anyway... The way I see it, The Little Couple is supposed to be about Bill & Jen's whole lives. Leaving Will & Zoey out would be leaving a part of their lives out of their story. I mean, Jen does say, in the show opening, something like "This is our world, and welcome to it!" leaving the kids out would be leaving out part of their world.

I also think that the kids probably don't see it as "work"--not in the "adult" way you're always using that word regarding their participation, anyway. I think, at their ages, they probably see it as *fun*, & they're not being *made* to do anything. And I think that Bill & Jen really are sensible people & if they sensed either or both of the kids didn't wanna film anymore, they'd have a conversation/make a decision about it with them, in terms they could understand at whatever ages they are at the time.

When they got at least Will, & began including him in the show, they probably should've changed the name of the show to something like The Little Family to reflect that. But they kept the original name, probably so previous/regular viewers would still be able to find the show.

And I'm probably way too "Pollyanna" about this for your tastes. That's fine. We can agree to disagree.

• Love 17

There is no show without the kids. Ratings were way down and spiked back up when the Kleins adopted Will and Zoe. I don't see it as negatively affecting then now because they're young, but it might in the future. Hopefully Bill and Jen pull the plug before that happens.

• Love 4

Bill and Jen have changed the purpose of the show this season. They were not going to continue but reportedly changed their minds so as to not disappoint their fans. So the purpose of the show, esp this season, is not about how they manage in the world as little people but it is about entertaining their fans. And that is true as I rarely see examples of how they make adjustments or their kids for that matter anymore. Case in point was the bike. Bill did not say much about it but these bikes are used extensively for children with disabilities. I was curious and went and looked it up online and there are many videos of kids with disabilites and balance issues using them. Which is a good thing. Of course they will never show these things for security purposes but I wonder how Will and Zoey are accomodated at school. How do they get to school? Does Bill or the nanny drive them? They at least mentioned that Will can go for a full day but Zoey is only half days. So what does Zoey do the rest of the day?

I do remember the show was low in ratings until they adopted Will!  Exploitation "the action of making use of and benefiting from resources"  and the kids are fitting that definition as they are the resource that is keeping them on the air.  Child abuse NO.

I am pretty sure when Zoey comes home from her half day she has lunch and goes for her nap!  The day of her birthday she kept saying she wanted to sleep and we can see she gets cranky without it.  

• Love 2

Can anyone seriously think, knowing what we know of Bill and Jen, that they would ever, for one second, do ANYTHING that would harm their children?  In my opinion, if they thought doing the show was harming either child, in any way, they would pull the plug in a heartbeat. 

• Love 12

Bill and Jen have changed the purpose of the show this season. They were not going to continue but reportedly changed their minds so as to not disappoint their fans. So the purpose of the show, esp this season, is not about how they manage in the world as little people but it is about entertaining their fans. And that is true as I rarely see examples of how they make adjustments or their kids for that matter anymore. Case in point was the bike. Bill did not say much about it but these bikes are used extensively for children with disabilities. I was curious and went and looked it up online and there are many videos of kids with disabilites and balance issues using them. Which is a good thing. Of course they will never show these things for security purposes but I wonder how Will and Zoey are accomodated at school. How do they get to school? Does Bill or the nanny drive them? They at least mentioned that Will can go for a full day but Zoey is only half days. So what does Zoey do the rest of the day?

When they did the ep where Will & Zoey first started school, which I guess would be the 2014-2015 school year, they mentioned Matt Roloff, from Little People, Big World, had made stepstools for each of them to use in school as needed. Other than that, I'm not sure what accommodations would've been made for them, other than probably what would be appropriate in their situations under the Americans with Disabilities Act. And it appears Bill &/or Jen probably take them to school--probably whomever's available (it seems like nobody's sure if Kate, or anyone else, is doing nanny duty anymore since she hasn't been seen or mentioned in any of the newest episodes that just started running). That's what happened in the "First Day of School" episode last season anyway--Bill & Jen both took the kids to school. We saw them all leave the house together, headed for school, with Will eating a little bag of Goldfish crackers he took out of the pantry & shouldn't have, but we never saw them at the school end of the trip; probably for security/privacy reasons.

• Love 1

I don't think that Bill and Jen would intentionally do anything to harm their children. I think that children appearing on reality shows is a relatively new phenomena. I think that it remains to be seen if these kids will be harmed by the experience or not.

I do think that Bill and Jen are using their kids to add to the family income. A very small percentage of American preschoolers are asked to do anything to contribute to the family finances. I am very surprised that Bill and Jen who are more well off than the average American family, would use their children in this manner, even if it doesn't turn out to be harmful.

Children appearing on reality shows may (or may not) be a new phenomenon, but children appearing on TV itself isn't (there are child actors in scripted television--& movies--after all). I even did it (I was a national representative for a national children's health-related charity from age 8 1/2 through my Senior Year in High School), but it was more in different local markets, as opposed to all over the country simultaneously (or in foreign countries), as Will & Zoey do, being included in their parents' TV show. Some children with this type of exposure have no negative effects from it (like me), while others go off the deep end, sometimes resulting--unfortunately--in suicide. There's just no way to predict what will happen, but I don't think the kids would be so negatively affected as to end up doing something like committing suicide as a result. At least not strictly from the experience of having been on national (& international--apparently The Little Couple is also seen outside the US) television.

Yes i recall that Matt made the little step stools. I wonder how the play activities are managed. For example, can they play all the same games as the other kids? Is there a concern due to their size and balance issues that the cannot play tag or kick ball or little kid soccer or climb on playground jungle gyms. I just wonder about these things and who is there monitoring so that other kids dont get overly rough with Will or Zoey. Thats a lot to ask of a teacher and I wonder if there is a helper or someone in the class to assist them.

How do they get to school? Does Bill or the nanny drive them? They at least mentioned that Will can go for a full day but Zoey is only half days. So what does Zoey do the rest of the day?

I'd imagine just like a good percentage of Kindergarteners and preschoolers, they get a ride from a responsible adult. Maybe Will could potentially get picked up by a school bus, but it's not like they shove 4 year old out the door to hike her way to preschool. I'm sure Zoey does what all the rest of preschoolers do while their siblings are in school, have lunch, maybe run some errands with whoever is watching them, take a nap, wait for her brother to come home.

• Love 2

I just wonder about these things and who is there monitoring so that other kids dont get overly rough with Will or Zoey. Thats a lot to ask of a teacher and I wonder if there is a helper or someone in the class to assist them.

If Will or Zoey need a special aide in the classroom, their IEP will include it. That said, I actually would be surprised if either Will or Zoey required an aide because both of them are quite mobile and aides are usually assigned for mobility and not as bodyguards. For all the concern about the kids being spoiled or isolated, I really doubt Will and Zoey having an adult at their side to protect them and step in whenever things get rough is going to make them popular and not targeted for teasing.

It sucks but here's the way of the world. Will and Zoey are going to be called names by classmates due to their appearance. They're going to be bullied because they look different. Here's another piece of reality - its something we go through. Its unpleasant and I am sure we can all reach down and find a memory of being bullied over something that couldn't easily be helped. Aides for children with disabilities are not schoolyard monitors and sending Will and Zoey to school with a becy of bodyguards to keep the other children from being too rough  will have the opposite effect. And no, I am not saying to throw them to the wolves for the bullying experience but unless they are cuddled and cossetted like little dolls their entire lives, at some point they will need to figure out how to interact with average height children without an adult to intercept and keep them perfectly safe.

• Love 3
It sucks but here's the way of the world. Will and Zoey are going to be called names by classmates due to their appearance. They're going to be bullied because they look different.

This is something that Bill has talked about in the past.  These kids, because their parents have gone through it, will undoubtedly be as prepared as possible for nasty comments.  Not that it will make the comments less hurtful but at least it won't come out of the blue for them.  

I hope that when they are older Bill will also discuss his contemplation of suicide with them.  I think the fact that he divulged his pain was one of the most poignant moments of the entire show, at least to me.

• Love 4

I will cut Bill and Jen some slack in that I don't think they would deliberately screw their kids out of money they earned or fail to set up trusts for them. JimBob Duggar, though? Absolutely he would.

Despite any flaws they might have, I do believe the Kleins are good people at heart who adopted for the right reasons. I don't worry about Will and Zoe's future the same way I do for children of "other" TLC families.

• Love 2

Posts have been hidden. You all KNOW better than to purposely bait others by asking "why do they watch the show?"

We don't have a "boards on boards" rule or anything like it, but this crosses the line. The line being "discuss the show" NOT "discuss why people do or don't watch the show."

While we're at it, add "are the kids being exploited" to topics I don't want to read about. I'm pretty sure that if you looked up "dead horse" in the dictionary, this would be there.

• Love 5

When they did the ep where Will & Zoey first started school, which I guess would be the 2014-2015 school year, they mentioned Matt Roloff, from Little People, Big World, had made stepstools for each of them to use in school as needed. Other than that, I'm not sure what accommodations would've been made for them, other than probably what would be appropriate in their situations under the Americans with Disabilities Act. And it appears Bill &/or Jen probably take them to school--probably whomever's available (it seems like nobody's sure if Kate, or anyone else, is doing nanny duty anymore since she hasn't been seen or mentioned in any of the newest episodes that just started running). That's what happened in the "First Day of School" episode last season anyway--Bill & Jen both took the kids to school. We saw them all leave the house together, headed for school, with Will eating a little bag of Goldfish crackers he took out of the pantry & shouldn't have, but we never saw them at the school end of the trip; probably for security/privacy reasons.

As a teacher who worked with this age group for many years, I agree - and VERY much doubt any other arrangements or adjustments had to be made for Will or Zoey in their separate classrooms. In fact I'm sure teachers were/are looking for every way possible to minimize/ignore size differences. This is the age where, if properly and sensitively-handled, it might be possible to avoid or at least reduce future bullying behavior in children. Kids this age are obviously curious and will definitely ask questions, but I'm guessing/hoping that teachers and parents in their school are simply telling Will's/Zoey's classmates that all people are different. Some are tall, most are in the middle and a few are even quite small. And most importantly, that a person's size isn't really very important. That there are many MANY things that are much more important. That's when I'd start to draw the kids out and ask them what they thought WAS important. And personally, I'd be surprised if Will or Zoey is ever picked on by any of the children they spent time with in pre-school. Hopefully, those children are not likely to view them as anything but simply small-statured.

• Love 4

Kids this age are obviously curious and will definitely ask questions, but I'm guessing/hoping that teachers and parents in their school are simply telling Will's/Zoey's classmates that all people are different. Some are tall, most are in the middle and a few are even quite small. And most importantly, that a person's size isn't really very important. That there are many MANY things that are much more important. That's when I'd start to draw the kids out and ask them what they thought WAS important. And personally, I'd be surprised if Will or Zoey is ever picked on by any of the children they spent time with in pre-school. Hopefully, those children are not likely to view them as anything but simply small-statured.

And little kids that age range tend to just want the straightforward answer. A simple yes, Zoey's small and won't get as big as you or Will's able to stand up differently than you will go a long way. Their little observations are acknowledged, their question validated, but most kids don't want huge explanations, just the basic answer. It's usually the parents who focus way more than their kids. I remember walking past a little boy in the lobby of my apartment building one day, he was probably three, maybe four. He looked at me and said "whoa, you're big!", which I was, and the people he was with were embarrassed and instantly started to apologize. I just looked at him, smiled, and said "I know and you are little and both are okay" and said and waved bye as I went out the door. He was 3, saw something that caught his eye, commented on it, and wasn't trying to be mean, just 3. Could I have told him that's not nice or something along those lines, sure, but such things are much more focused on by people the older they get and a little shrugging off the size issue might have gone a long way with such a young kid. 

• Love 3

I noticed something on re-watch tonight. When the four of them were in Bill's car, headed to the grocery store, Will was in the back seat holding a "Handicapped Parking Permit" - the temporary kind that hangs from the rear-view mirror. Why would Will be holding that, and who does it belong to: Bill, or Jen? 

When Bill and Jen are at the hair salon and Jen stays behind to get her own hair cut, she asks Bill, "Do you need me to help you get them in the car?" Why would he need her help, when Bill, I assume, has been getting them into and out of the car all this time? I personally can't drive one of those vans - the steps are too high and I don't even like being a passenger - but how do the children get into the van? 

Boy, there is nothing like coming to the Little Couple thread after spending too much time on the Teen Mom threads. Watching Will and Jen who do such a wonderful job of being parents and watching Will and Zoey play and interact, gives me such a calming effect. Not like the idiots on Teen Mom who seem to make my blood pressure rise. This is the one show where I can sit, relax, smile all the way through an episode and come away with flashbacks to my own childhood. In our home we were never spanked. I am talking about the late 60s here where spanking kids and such was quite the norm and was a very accepted form of punishment from parents. Will and Jen remind me of my late parents. 

I enjoyed the pedicure scene very much. Nothing like a little mother and daughter time. Zoey wouldn't remember that moment as she is very young, but she has the benefit of having this on film. What a wonderful memory she will have to look back on one day when she is much older.  It isn't so much about a child getting her nails done as much as it was a tender moment shared by a mother with her child who seemed to really enjoy having her nails painted. I imagine my girls at that age wouldn't have been as tolerant. They likely would have wiped off the polish in a heartbeat.  

Will and Bill at the grocery store was a perfect scene. It wouldn't work on any other reality show, but on this show, it works. Very simple scene and yet, I enjoyed it very much. 

I noticed something on re-watch tonight. When the four of them were in Bill's car, headed to the grocery store, Will was in the back seat holding a "Handicapped Parking Permit" - the temporary kind that hangs from the rear-view mirror. Why would Will be holding that, and who does it belong to: Bill, or Jen?

Probably because he wanted to be the one to put it on the mirror. He likely watched his parents put it on there and he wants to be the one to put it on. I don't know that we will know who it belongs to, but depending who drives that particular vehicle the most, I imagine that is the person the plaque belongs to. I could see both Will and Jen having a plaque.  My grandparents each had a handicap plaque, but only my grandfather drove. They each had one in the event my grandmother was driven around by someone else other than her husband. 

• Love 4

Boy, there is nothing like coming to the Little Couple thread after spending too much time on the Teen Mom threads. Watching Will and Jen who do such a wonderful job of being parents and watching Will and Zoey play and interact, gives me such a calming effect. Not like the idiots on Teen Mom who seem to make my blood pressure rise. This is the one show where I can sit, relax, smile all the way through an episode and come away with flashbacks to my own childhood. In our home we were never spanked. I am talking about the late 60s here where spanking kids and such was quite the norm and was a very accepted form of punishment from parents. Will and Jen remind me of my late parents. 

I enjoyed the pedicure scene very much. Nothing like a little mother and daughter time. Zoey wouldn't remember that moment as she is very young, but she has the benefit of having this on film. What a wonderful memory she will have to look back on one day when she is much older.  It isn't so much about a child getting her nails done as much as it was a tender moment shared by a mother with her child who seemed to really enjoy having her nails painted. I imagine my girls at that age wouldn't have been as tolerant. They likely would have wiped off the polish in a heartbeat.  

Will and Bill at the grocery store was a perfect scene. It wouldn't work on any other reality show, but on this show, it works. Very simple scene and yet, I enjoyed it very much. 

Probably because he wanted to be the one to put it on the mirror. He likely watched his parents put it on there and he wants to be the one to put it on. I don't know that we will know who it belongs to, but depending who drives that particular vehicle the most, I imagine that is the person the plaque belongs to. I could see both Will and Jen having a plaque.  My grandparents each had a handicap plaque, but only my grandfather drove. They each had one in the event my grandmother was driven around by someone else other than her husband. 

Here in NY we have permanent stickers. The placards are used for the circumstance with your grandparents, when one is in a car without a sticker. I don't know how it works in Texas, though. 

• Love 2

I'm in Canada, and in my province we have the handicapped parking symbol right on the licence plate, and also the hang tag type that hangs on the mirror. I think to be used if you are piloting someone else who is disabled, and not in their own vehicle.  When I would take my late Mom shopping, I hung her tag in my vehicle. But I believe it changes from province to province, so it likely also changes from state to state in the US. 

• Love 1

Here in NY we have permanent stickers. The placards are used for the circumstance with your grandparents, when one is in a car without a sticker. I don't know how it works in Texas, though. 

I live in NY too.  My mom's license plate has a wheelchair on it, and she also has the placard to be used when she's not in her own car.

• Love 1

Doing things with your child one-on-one, like the mani-pedis shows your child that you value the time spent with them.  I'm sure Zoey hasn't a clue that it even costs any money, all she knows is that she spent that time with mommy.

If all Zoe cares about is spending time with her mom, then why spend the time sitting side-by-side in chairs getting chemicals applied to her nails and inhaling the toxic nail salon air?

How about spending the time at the park or exploring someplace natural, breathing fresh air, with no consumer agenda?

Edited by RemoteControlFreak
  • Love 3

I'm from Texas, and there are 2 different placards for handicap cars, red or blue. They usually have a date that they are current through and have to be renewed (annually I think) they are intended to follow the person who needs it vs the car being driven so if somone is riding with another person it can easily just be placed on the rear view mirror of the car they are riding in. Unfortunately it also makes it easy to be abused.

• Love 1