Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

Oh good grief - now it looks like she has inspired Moms to send waffle irons, electric tea kettles, George Foreman grills, etc to their dorm kids for unhealthy snacking. That requires shopping, storing, a panty, electric appliances, baggies, preparing, cleaning up.

• Love 2

Thanks, AoC for "pioneering" the way (yuk, yuk, yuk!) through Ree's site to find the relevant post. There was one negative response on there who called her out for promoting unhealthy eating habits.

But, another poster just gift-wrapped and handed Ree her next *source of inspiration*:

http://www.amazon.com/Cooking-Without-Kitchen-Peter-Mazonson/dp/0963706217/ref=cm_cr_pr_pdt_img_top?ie=UTF8

I also enjoyed the response from the woman who said she was going to send her son (or was it grandson?) all of that crap to him in the MILITARY. That should go over well. I certainly hope he's not stationed somewhere in the Middle East.

• Love 2

My husband literally said, does she just throw ingredients together in a recipe? (we watched this morning). I mean her weird Caesar salad dressings with mayo and dijon...and well most of her recipes. Do you think they taste test them before they air? To me they just seems so odd.....nothing I would eat...it's like she ha a deadline and just slaps some ingredients on paper and calls it a recipe.

• Love 2

Wow, that quesadilla recipe really was special.....tortilla, cheese, and pace salsa...I guess the addition of the waffle iron makes it uniquely Ree. In a way she reminds me of Peggy Hill, calling a basic spaghetti recipe "SpaPeggy and meatballs" because she adds a pinch of sugar to the sauce. 

• Love 1

I'm just watching the Dorm Room episode now, and noticed the opening changed. She no longer lists her "mom, blogger, photographer"  - it's "I'm Ree Drummond. I live on a ranch in the middle of nowhere, and all my recipes have to be approved by...." yadda. 

Also, this food looks like shit. I did dorm living, and no one wants to make that stuff. 

eta - that's a $250 waffle iron. And it's huge. 

Edited by txvoodoo
  • Love 1

Well, I just had to watch the Dorm Room mess, so I pulled it up on the FN app on my tablet. First, she sure made a LOT of generalizations about what college kids like. Umm, no Ree. They are individuals with diverse likes and dislikes. Second, you can go to the grocery store to buy small quantities of toppings. How about taking some from the salad bar at your college cafeteria? No trip to a supermarket necessary. Third, they conveniently didn't show the top plate of that waffle iron when she opened it for the final pizza reveal. It had to be a gooey mess. And then I was out. That's the longest I've ever made it through one of her shows. What a ridiculous mess.

Edited by chessiegal
  • Love 3
And...and then she put sour cream on it!  Who does that to a sweet potato?  I usually just put butter, salt and pepper and maybe some roasted pecans, but SOUR CREAM?

I don't think she can tell the difference between a sweet potato and a regular one.  Just grab something that looks like a potato and add some sort of high fat, high calorie topping.

It seems like she just goes to a cupboard, closes her eyes and grabs the first three bottles she can find.  Those are the ingredients for whatever ill fated starter she has on the counter.  

The dorm episode was gag worthy.  I just can't figure out her appeal.  Maybe her crazy clown smile face speaks to some level of viewer.

• Love 2

The dorm episode was gag worthy.  I just can't figure out her appeal.  Maybe her crazy clown smile face speaks to some level of viewer.

Some posters were complaining about her WalMart ad in the Commercials thread, and someone came in and said she's some sort of a local hero in OK.  >^..^<

Some posters were complaining about her WalMart ad in the Commercials thread, and someone came in and said she's some sort of a local hero in OK.  >^..^<

If you look up Pawtuska on AOL, it's listed as Pawtuska in bold print, and in tiny letters below the name, it says something about Home of Ree Drummond, television star -- or something like that.  I was really surprised.  But yep, folks, Ree is as close to being an A-list movie star back in those parts as is possible, apparently.  *scratching my head*

Congratulations, chessiegal!  You have jumped to the highly respected upper echelon of this board by bravely viewing a second episode portion!  You will receive a dried out, sun bleached animal head with horns (the kind Ree hangs in her kitchen) as a token of our admiration.  The question:  Will you hang it on your own kitchen wall?  As Ree would say, "You are divine!  Glorious!  Now, buy my cookbook!"

Edited by Lura
  • Love 3

When I saw the Walmart commercial for the first time and saw Ree's generic family, I automatically thought her cowboys and cowgirls were replaced by pod people.

If they're not already pod people. I've always found this family to be very odd. Sometimes I can't decide if Ladd is just really tired or totally stoned, and the kids just don't seem real at all.

I watched the show about her reunion with the WOW girls -- a group of female investors Ree used to pal around with before she found herself in the middle of nowhere. She made blackberry margaritas -- which she added sugar to for fear that they wouldn't be sweet enough. She poured them before the guests arrived. Because everyone loves overly sweet watery cocktails that taste like an old Woolworths candy counter! For the menu she went with Tex-Mex because she's Ree Freakin' Drummond.

At least the phrase bull castration was not used in this episode.

Edited by mmecorday
  • Love 2

The local OK rodeo clowns love her.  They can relate to Ree because she looks like one of them.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 5

This show has officially run out of ideas (again) - cookies, hot dogs, quesadillas and sangria?  Not one shred of innovation.  Ree has made those cookies a thousand times; quesadillas = cheese + tortillas.  Bacon wrapped hot dogs are not "cooking".  

Campfire cones - is that something that's done in some parts of the country?  Maybe done by Boy Scouts on those overnight jamborees?   I've never heard of it.  If it's not a real thing, this one is a lame brainstorm - cones without ice cream!  The downside is that it was a disgusting idea - a bunch of shit put into a cone then put on the fire?  Definition of a hot mess.

• Love 5

What an embarrassing and absurd episode of a "cooking" show. Hot dogs, cheese piled between two tortillas, and candy in an ice cream cone. This episode made me. This episode made me even angrier that Ina's new Thanksgiving special is stuck at 1 pm on a Sunday (even if it is tainted by the presence of Bobby Flay) while Ree gets a primetime special. 

• Love 2

What in the fresh hell did I just watch? That wasn't even cooking. It was assembly and heating stuff up on a campfire grill.

Those "campfire cones" had to be the stupidest idea I've seen from Ree yet. No I take that back. The stupidest idea EVER on a cooking show. I didn't even understand the point. So you stuff waffle cones with a bunch of random items and heat them over the grill? All of the contents of those muffin cups will get jumbled together. Just yuck.

That sangria had enough booze in it to send a good-sized man into an instant blackout.

Ree was rather passive-aggressive today. She kept insisting that she didn't need any help, but acted put out that she was doing all of the work, after she asked Missy to help her. I think that the kids hiding out in their tent had the right idea. (Maybe the suck some of the adults' sangria in there with them.) Also, the dropping the "g's" at the end of her words and "bunchas" were working my last nerve.

The highlight for me, the shot of the random guy in the KC Chiefs hoodie!

Ree, if you're getting tired and burned-out on doing your show, none of us are stopping you from cancelling it!

What's wrong with just good old-fashioned hotdogs roasted over an open fire and traditional s'mores?

• Love 3

I think she just outdid Sandra Lee for the amount of hooch that one could fit into a cocktail. And also in a tribute to Aunt Sandy, we even had a campfire-scape between the tents, cots and wicker furniture hauled down to the freshly mowed, damp meadow in the middle of nowhere. 

The less said about the hot dogs and melty cones, the better. 

• Love 3

That show was a hot mess, and not simply because of a camp fire.

That meal was something a bunch of drunk frat boys concoct after a day of binge drinking.  I'm being completely serious when I say my family would be seriously disappointed to be invited to a cookout and get THAT.  

When I saw Ree's use of what looked to be a bunch of really cheap, Walmart-quality hot dogs stuffed with a cheese stick I kept thinking that she really, truly doesn't give two shits about her family (and apparently assumes the same of her viewers).  We're lucky to have some local businesses that make really high quality hot dogs, brats, kielbasas, etc. that are sold in all the local grocery stores.  That's what you serve people you love at a cookout.

The waffle cone disaster was just too much for words.  Not only is she out of good ideas, but she's gleefully putting bad ones out there.  Here kids, stuff this cone filled with molten-hot chocolate in your face and swallow!  

Next week, friends, all pretense is gone...It's a bag of flaming hot cheetos and a six pack of PBR for everyone.  What could be simpler or more scrumptious?

• Love 2

I forgot to mention that the campfire-scape included dishes from her WalMart line.

Hey folks! Don't forget to tune into the Thanksgiving fest Monday evening. Can't wait for that one. Who else bets that there will be plenty of gushing over Alex being home from college? I want for Ree to make some type of dorm dining mashup with the leftovers that Alex can heat up in her waffle iron.

• Love 1

I forgot to mention that the campfire-scape included dishes from her WalMart line.

Hey folks! Don't forget to tune into the Thanksgiving fest Monday evening. Can't wait for that one. Who else bets that there will be plenty of gushing over Alex being home from college? I want for Ree to make some type of dorm dining mashup with the leftovers that Alex can heat up in her waffle iron.

Thanksgiving leftover waffle iron quesadillas! Simply place turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, taco seasoning, jalapeno peppers, siracha, and cheese between two tortillas and place in waffle iron. 

• Love 6

Thanksgiving leftover waffle iron quesadillas! Simply place turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, taco seasoning, jalapeno peppers, siracha, and cheese between two tortillas and place in waffle iron. 

Make sure you get credit for this, WhitneyWhit, when she makes it on her show.  You know it's coming...

• Love 2

Make sure you get credit for this, WhitneyWhit, when she makes it on her show.  You know it's coming...

She doesn't give credit for all the recipes she lifts from the backs of packaging and church cookbooks, etc. No, this will show up as another of her "brilliant" creations, carefully documented with a minimum of 30 pictures to demonstrate the recipe. (Because she assumes people can't read a recipe or to show what a brilliant photographer she is?) *Yawn*

• Love 2

Well I don't have much to say that you all haven't already covered. I kept waiting for the actual cooking and.... nope! Those hotdogs were a hot mess.

So I'll spend my time talking about that Walmart commercial we see every week. Do you suppose she invited several of her most ardent fans from her blog to ye' ole Drummond Ranch for that cookwear dinner? I've never seen those people before and I'm pretty sure she's had everyone she's ever met on her show.

Edited by SanLynn

Oh, geez!  Joy of all joys!  I wondered what you ladies were all talking about, and the answer lay in my DVR.  Now, a family reunion in the wilderness!  I made that crappy hot dog for my brother when he was 6 years old.  But stop after the cheese, Ree.  The rest of that stuff was just slop.

Did anybody notice how Ree yelled all the time at the camp-out?  She wanted to be known as the star.  Perish the thought we'd find someone else's conversation more interesting!  we had to turn the volume down -- seriously.

This woman is a fraud.  I don't think she's ever made anything in her life except frozen food, canned food, and make-up-in-her-head  meals.  That poor family.  Osage County is going to tar and feather her and banish her totally if she doesn't get with it -- I hope.

• Love 1

If she's willing, I think WhitneyWhit needs to take Ree head on to protect her amazing idea.  She should start a blog about her life as a, I don't know, llama rancher living (somewhere interesting) who sends her 3 children to public school (I'm sure we can come up with 3 loaner kids if this is an issue).  Whitney can post beauty shots of her waffle iron quesadilla (no less than 30 pictures for 5 cooking steps) as well as shots of the llamas frolicking at sunrise.  We can be her fan base and like every.single.thing she comes up with, including ice water in a Solo cup.  We can also scour the Internet, garage sales, dentist offices for magazines for ideas for Whitney to rehash.  We can also be available to be Whitney's pretend family and be available to clumsily help her unroll crescent dough, slice hot dogs, and whatever, while listening with rapt attention as she instructs us on how to slice hot dogs.  We can depose Ree and replace her with WhitneyWhit, who when she is famous and has her own show on FN will actually start cooking real food.  Any other supporters, or have I finally lost it with this network?

Edited by anneofcleves
  • Love 7

I take great umbrage at PW's "meals".  Yesterday's new episode (we're behind in Canada) was the one with pantry meals, featuring the infamous "7th Circle of Canned Goods Soup".  My breaking point came when she started dumping truckloads of salt into the soup, which was made with sodium-laden canned goods.  Was she mistaking the soup for a salt lick in the cow pasture?  What poppin'-fresh hell was this??? 

Can't wait for WhitneyWhit's show. I want to see frolicking llamas, dammit!   I may do one myself, since I can actually cook (not just assemble pantry ingredients), look cute in an apron and have a POV that is people could relate to (single woman living alone in a major city who cooks for herself instead of relying on takeout and hosts many family dinners)  I can easily take 24 pics of a potato baking in a toaster oven.  It'd be a little Warhol-esque in that it doesn't really do much in the hour it takes to bake, but that has artistic merit in its own right.

• Love 6

I would be honored for you guys to be my loaner friends and family. I have three of my grandmother's church cookbooks from the 1950's, that should provide us with, what, 50 or 60 episodes right off the bat. 

Edited by WhitneyWhit
  • Love 6

Thanksgiving leftover waffle iron quesadillas! Simply place turkey, cheese, stuffing, mayonnaise, mashed potatoes, cheese, green beans, sour cream, taco seasoning, cream cheese, jalapeno peppers, siracha, and cheese between two tortillas and place in waffle iron. And some M&M's for garnish.

FTFY >^..^<

• Love 1

I would be honored for you guys to be my loaner friends and family. I have three of my grandmother's church cookbooks from the 1950's, that should provide us with, what, 50 or 60 episodes right off the bat. 

Excellent!  What horrific color shall we all dye our hair, just so we appear to be related?  lol.

• Love 1

This show was a disaster. The people acted like they did not want to be there.

The fact that she said it had been raining all week should have been a clue to wait until the land dried out.  I mean who wants to sit in a soggy pasture having a picnic/campout?  I couldn't believe they were mowing that wet grass that morning...ugh.

So, do we think this was an actual Drummond family tradition or was it just an idea thrown together to get another episode under her belt?  The fact that she said Nan did this for years makes me think otherwise....then again my recollection of this trainwreck of a show I am recalling another camping or cookout episode involving Nan and the grandkids...maybe camping wasn't involved though.

The hot dogs....ugh.  Well wait, it wasn't a bad idea for a gourmet hot dog, but why did she use an entire stick of mozzarella?!  I was thinking she would quarter those cheese sticks, but nope....she went full hog there w/ that cheese, the ratio was totally off.  Wouldn't all that cheese end up in the bottom of the foil packet? Also....mozzarella?!  She should have used cheddar taste wise, but that's just me.  

The waffle cone thing sounded so stupid and it was....why make a batch of cookies when everything else was store bought for the ingredients.  She could have just bought cookies w/ chocolate candies and crushed them up.  No sense in making cookies from scratch just to crumble them imo.  So you get a waffle cone, put whatever you want in it, wrap it up and throw it on the grill....ingenuious....er ridiculous.

Why the need for two separate quesadillas....oh yeah, Drummond men don't eat veggies...and goat cheese.  She should have just labeled them for 'men' and 'women'

Yikes, that sangria would have made Nancy "Gigi Juice" Fuller blush.

I wonder if the spigot snapped off like the POS version she sells at walmart?  My sister purchased one from the Ree Drummond line for a baby shower she threw and the spigot snapped off and let's just say a different kind of shower happened that day as well.

So that corn relish mixture that was at the table...any reason you couldn't share that recipe Ree...b/c that looked somewhat tasty, compared to the hot dogs and quesadillas.  That's right, probably Nan or Missy made that side dish that looked incredible...i'm guessing Ree will "borrow" that recipe for a future episode.

Oh...btw I ate some of Ree's famous Chinese food today, and by that I mean Panda Express.

Well...on to Farmhouse Rules w/ someone who can actually cook.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 6

Don't forget the gravy -- just pour it right over -- & the cranberry sauce -- a nice dollop right on top!

And Pepto Bismal for dessert!!

• Love 1

I.Just.Cannot anymore.....does she ever have an original idea? I cannot deal with the recycled ideas anymore...who the hell puts a mozzarella stick in a sliced hot dog? at least use some good cheese...

Quesdaillas...over and over and OVER...for days on end....

I really think she self funds the filming of her shows...because FN would be downright stupid to pay for this ridiculous production.

Who thinks there will be an 8 can soup coming this winter?

Just so much ugh.

• Love 2

(no less than 30 pictures for 5 cooking steps) 

I really hate how she's made every food blogger think they need to do that "picture, witty caption" ad infinitum so that you have to scroll through 10 screens to find the actual recipe!

I.Just.Cannot anymore.....does she ever have an original idea? I cannot deal with the recycled ideas anymore...who the hell puts a mozzarella stick in a sliced hot dog? at least use some good cheese...

Mozzarella's a fine cheese, used in the right recipe. In that crap? No way. 

• Love 1

I really hate how she's made every food blogger think they need to do that "picture, witty caption" ad infinitum so that you have to scroll through 10 screens to find the actual recipe!

Mozzarella's a fine cheese, used in the right recipe. In that crap? No way. 

I LOVE Mozzarella! i'm from Brooklyn! but not IN a hotdog haha. That episode was painful to watch...plus?

"hey guys"! in that pitch gets on my last nerve.

• Love 1

Ree seemed to redeem herself with her Thanksgiving special.  I guess after all the challenges of making pizzas in waffle makers and grilling stuffed hotdogs she decided it was time to cook again, and she did.  Honestly, this is the kind of meal that I would expect her to do a decent job of.

I enjoyed the food that Giada and Ina made in their specials, mostly because I've got the traditional Thanksgiving nailed down to the point where I can do it in my sleep, but Ree made a very nice, traditional meal.   The turkey looked good, and I'd be curious to know if anyone has ever brined with whiskey and if they notice that it actually makes a difference?  We brine turkey in a salt, brown sugar, citrus and rosemary solution, and it always makes a very juicy bird.  I'm curious if the whiskey imparts any flavor.

The things that didn't excite me too much were her potatoes (as usual, with lots of cream cheese) and I just don't want bacon, jalapeno, and bell pepper in my Thanksgiving dressing.   Especially with gravy. The Parker House rolls looked a little flatter and denser (over-baked?) than other recipes I've used.  I think if she had rolled them slightly thicker and not did the par-baking so far ahead she might have ended up with a lighter product.  The cheesecake looked very good.

Because I couldn't bear the thought of watching her Botox perma-grin for an hour, I only caught the last few minutes. Watched her dump whiskey and maple syrup in gravy. That's one of her [many] problems--too many dishes contain the same ingredients. Why would you want most or every dish to have the same flavor(s)? Flavors should compliment each other, not be repetitive.

The usual stilted family dialog. Everyone got the memo to wear blue, gold, orange. Ladd, "Are ya hungry?"

The end.

• Love 1

If doing Nan's dressing is so delicious why does Ree need to mess with it? Especially if it is traditional?

Why does she need to add caramel sauce and whipped cream to her cheese cake?....always gilding the lily.....

At least she has dropped the ie at the end of her kids names.

• Love 2

I know this sounds mean but I don't ever want to see any kind of memorial video on this show ever again. They all looked so rehearsed and uncomfortable during the filming and watching.

And Ree ran out of things to say because she just repeated one phrase over and over at the end for awhile. Was it "I'm so excited" or something? I forget the phrase but she repeated it a lot.

I don't really have anything to say about the actual meal. The pie looked okay but I never got the appeal of brining a turkey, plus it seemed like all the rinsing and soaking after the brining would have removed a lot of the flavor along with the salt.

The rolls looked weird but maybe I just don't get the recipe. And I've never like her mashed potatoes or Brussel sprouts, even after all the stuff she added to it. Not sure about the stuffing either.

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 1

Maybe I'm just noticing it more this year, but we GET it. Make most of your Thanksgiving meal AHEAD of time.

Nothing about that meal looked that horrible or unusually delicious to me. After seeing both Ree and Nancy Fuller add cream cheese to their mashed potatoes, it makes me wonder if I'm missing something. Trying to figure out what type of flavor or consistency it adds.

I didn't think the stuffing looked very good, especially with jalapenos. I'm surprised that Ree didn't add hot sauce or Sriracha. Just can't resist, can she? So the addition of cornbread to the stuffing was so it would crumble apart and coat the French bread cubes, right?

The roasted vegetables looked pretty good especially with adding pomegranate seeds. The pomegranate molasses seemed to be bordering on overkill. I noticed that Tim (and I think one of the boys) was quick to turn his nose up at the vegetables.

Why make cranberry sauce if you're going to mask the flavor by adding blueberries, strawberries and raspberries? Last year I had a tiny bit of frozen raspberries hanging out in my freezer, so I added those and some orange zest to Trader Joe's whole cranberry sauce and it was pretty good, but the cranberries definitely still ruled.

I prefer pumpkin cheesecake to pumpkin pie, but agree that just a dollop of whipped cream would have been a perfectly adequate embellishment. I liked how Ree said she made the caramel sauce to also add to any other pies that her guests brought along. Ha! Ha! How gracious is that?

I didn't mind seeing Paige make her gratitude video. I guess it was added as filler and maybe Ree is grooming Paige to step into the spotlight that Alex has vacated. Usually I prefer "Ranching 101" with Ladd, but again, those scenes also seemed like unnecessary filler OK, so Ree did her once-a-year stint of helping Ladd out with chores. I loved it when she asked Ladd if he liked having her along for "companionship or to open fences." He had to think about that one for a moment before he chose the PC answer, "both."

I noticed that in the newest PW WalMart commercial, it actually features the Drummond family. It took me a couple of times to figure that out. I didn't recognize Ladd without his cowboy hat. But it's them.

I'll give the episode 3.5 stars for playing it safe with any attempts at trying to embellish traditional recipes missed the mark completely.

Maybe I'm just noticing it more this year, but we GET it. Make most of your Thanksgiving meal AHEAD of time...

...I'll give the episode 3.5 stars for playing it safe with any attempts at trying to embellish traditional recipes missed the mark completely.

Oh yeah, the make-ahead Thanksgiving memo was clearly widely circulated this year, Gris Gris.  I'm kind of surprised Ree's show didn't consist of her simply opening up the fridge, pulling out a bunch of foil pans of stuff made the day before, throwing them in the oven, and then launching into one of her memory (nightmare?) sequences where she blathers about how she made it while driving around in her dirty truck.

And I think your last sentence perfectly sums up my feelings about this episode.  Safe, but not nearly as awful as so many of her shows this season have been, which left me giving her the most glowing review I've given in a long time.  I sense a strategy on her part.  Keep the bar so low, with enough interesting stuff about your ranch thrown in to keep people watching,  and then periodically cook something that suggests you're not a total disaster in the kitchen.

• Love 2

Watching now. I get that thyme and sage are "traditional" herbs, but basil? Yeah, in my Italian family's kitchen, but I'm pretty sure basil wasn't on the Pilgrims' table. (I know, literary license.)

It was weird watching the shopping - when you saw other customers, they're in shorts. And the youngest boy touched the checkout clerk on the way out the door, saying "Happy Thanksgiving". Kind of eww.

So she mixed up the cornbread one day, baked it the next. Then "dry" overnight again. 3-day cornbread. If you wanted it to dry out anyway, why not just bake the first day?

Wow, she really is the slowest potato peeler ever. She might be finished by Christmas. LOL she peeled 10 pounds? On what planet?

LOL - "I found the serving dishes". Bless your heart, you mercenary little shill.

And yes, you WILL be cooking two dinners, Ree, because you filmed this when, September? 

I need some kind of app that mutes every "just" that comes from her lips. It grates on me so much! 

Those cubes for the dressing are ginormous!  Oh, I see. She uses so much liquid that all the cubes break down, so it's dressing-sludge. Meh. I like cubes. 

I agree that a brine makes something salty. But washing it after a brine that includes whiskey and god knows what else means you washed EVERYTHING away. A brine isn't a marinade. You're doing it wrong, Ree. 

I like Brussel sprouts, but you ruined them. Too much crap in there! And here's something else she does - that looks like cheddar cheese, and she uses olive oil. That's not right! With that cheese, and chili powder, and everything else, you're losing the olive oil perfume. Just use veggie oil!

Haven't watched past that point yet. There's a limit to how much I can take. 

• Love 3

Viewed the dorm room cooking episode...hoo-boy.  She promised healthy meals.  What bullshit!  If healthy cooking consisted of copious amounts of fat, salt, and sugar, then I'll live forever.  I had to quit watching when she started her tea kettle ramen.  It was like watching a nature documentary when you see the lion about to pounce on the weakened wildebeest.  I was filled with revulsion.  I snorted when she extolled the virtues of zip lock bags. 

If a grocery chain wants to increase their profits, a "College Student" section could be devoted to one aisle, maybe two.  It would be filled with "cute" jugs of milk, truncated packages of sugar and flour, and of course, ramen noodles in all their sodium glory.  Ree could package baskets of spices to flavor the waffle iron and ramen creations.

Edited by pandora spocks
  • Love 2

We all need to remember that she beat Bobby Flay on the Thanksgiving throwdown. I always wonder if there was some hanky panky in that epissode.

Wasn't this a pre-cursor to Ree's show on the FN premiering?   I totally could see Ree telling the FN that in order for her show to appeal outside of her internet fans she would need to appear on Bobby's show and actually "beat" him in order to make people think she had actual cooking chops to sell her show...of course we know now it was the old bait and switch based off of her show.

• Love 1

As I understand it, rinsing a raw bird just flushes salmonella and other bacteria into your sink which could lead to cross contamination.  Also, my mom's "traditional" bread stuffing has lots of eggs in it rather than broth so you have to make it at the last minute.

• Love 1